Question: Where are the whine threads?

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
Just curious, but where are all the threads containing players bitching about poor TT return from migration?

I thought whine threads were a staple piece of migration...

Maybe they are all taking a break? There was a fair amount of whining that went on when loot 2.0 came out so maybe people are actually testing things out now and will come back to complain at end of migration?

ideally less complaints would mean loot 2.0 isn't as bad as everyone expected...

i don't have much of a sample size to go off of.. but my only deficits have been markup costs on L guns.

I deposited £50 = 622.20 in MA ped tokens on Friday.

Running 65.1 eco/efficiency.
Adjusted Bola with IV melle amp.

First run was quite nice, but there was only about 1 x LT spawning per 5 hunters at Mino.
MA were there, promising to increase the spawn.

Saturday morning I was looking forward to it.
But then there was about 10 hunters per 1 x LT that spawned.
It was a nightmare trying to get enough kills to keep the DPS up to trigger globals.

MA obviously hadn't fixed it as promised or notified us of another spawn, and the long utter blackness nights there was too much.

I did take screen shots of night time at Mino TP and night time at Atlantis Archipelago TP to show the huge difference of night time on different servers (to prove it wasn't my PC). But decided f*** it......why bother posting.

I gave up migration, melee on one crappy spawn was futile. Hunters see you running at the mob and would steal it out your hands with 2m to hit it. So I tried taming and that was awful returns.

So now I'm standing around training pets for 2 days. I can't be asked with it after 10+ years here. It's not hard to get an event going. If Ma can't be bothered, I can't be bothered.

On the bright side, I've still got 555 ped of that 622.2 on my card....lol
Mind you I did go on a store dumping TT rage.....but I'm much calmer now :D

Rick

edit: Sure it was only £50, nothing like the £300 - £400 I used to deposit years ago. But I got kids to feed now and skint. I wanted to see how much fun I could have for £50....call it an experiment.

Last edited:
There's another spawn of small LT south of medusa.......

There's another spawn of small LT south of medusa.......

Thanks; maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow, it's 22:15 in the UK now.

MA seriously need to take the night time they've got on the taming island server (the settings I guess) and copy and paste it to the other servers. But they won't, so that's the last I'm saying about it.

Actually let me get those pic.....edit in sec.

Night time Mino (looked a lot worse on screen during earth daytime, if you don't have RL black out blinds, to see the damn screen...smiles)

Night time on the taming island. Huge difference. Screen shot taken after I quit Mino

Cheers

Rick

Last edited:
Thanks; maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow, it's 22:15 in the UK now.

MA seriously need to take the night time they've got on the taming island server (the settings I guess) and copy and paste it to the other servers. But they won't, so that's the last I'm saying about it.

Actually let me get those pic.....edit in sec.

Night time Mino (looked a lot worse on screen during earth daytime, if you don't gave black out blinds)

Night time on the taming island. Huge difference. Screen shot taken after I quit Mino

Cheers

Rick

it's shading/post processing problem on lower settings. I have the same problem on my laptop at medium settings... desktop on very high is bright as hell

Maybe they are all taking a break? There was a fair amount of whining that went on when loot 2.0 came out so maybe people are actually testing things out now and will come back to complain at end of migration?

Well actually on a more serious note, and worthy of discussion is the mindforce hunter.

Some really highly skilled mindforcers I know are either avoiding migration or scared of the impact of amps against other weapons now.

I've been into pets for a couple of years now. But I've still got my 76 profession level pyro skill and 69 Electric skills, so I think I'm worthy enough to discuss it.

I always viewed Mindforce as an "affordable" way of hunting. Mainly as it took more time to unload the ammo, during hours online
Now let's say I'd except the amps and "go with the flow", I wouldn't want to run L amps.

It would appear...for now anyway (based on Star's amp sales thread) that MA are only going to make the unlimited amps very rare. Now that is a huge turnoff for me, and probably many other people that use mindforce as cheaper way of hunting v time in game.

Because I'd rather run melee whip with amps as (65.1 or 66.1 eco), than waste money on L amps for MF

I'm sure people will say, not me....I'm loving it. Well good for you, I'm just giving my opinion.

Besides where are all the damn chips? There were so many unlimited at one point they were almost TT food. I guess hoarders have got them. Like the thousands of melee amps out there. Crazy game....lol.

Rick

Last edited:
it's shading/post processing problem on lower settings. I have the same problem on my laptop at medium settings... desktop on very high is bright as hell

I don't quite understand how it works under the hood of my pc. All I know is I can go to one TP and night is "always" perfect. It's not good one day bad another. Which tells me that it must be an MA problem.

Actually I did think about writing a take the pee thread and ask MA to install some stadium type lighting over the migration LT ground. I wonder if they would've put them in...lol.

Too many posts from me, I'm out. nn

edit...Twin Peaks at night.....lol. All good here.

Rick

Night time Mino (looked a lot worse on screen during earth daytime, if you don't have RL black out blinds, to see the damn screen...smiles)

I guess you are in window mode, try switch to regular,then you may change gamme in game

Longtooth Mature 109 PED Sun, 09 Jul 2017 21:24:31
Longtooth Mature 54 PED Sun, 09 Jul 2017 20:38:38
Longtooth Mature 328 PED Sun, 09 Jul 2017 20:07:14
Longtooth Old 58 PED Sun, 09 Jul 2017 19:25:06
Longtooth Mature 85 PED Sun, 09 Jul 2017 19:21:08

I showed up with 210 ped ammo so, not whining

They run out of Whine!

Last edited:
No they stop deposit like me because one year deposit gives me 3 month holiday in Asia so whay deposit in to Mind Ark.;);););)

If i stop eating food i can have 2 month Holiday somewhere!

I guess you are in window mode, try switch to regular,then you may change gamme in game

Gamma does have an effect, but it applies everywhere. I shouldn't need to adjust gamma or brightness for nighttime depending on what TP I'm at.
The problem Rick is describing is simply bad lighting at Minnopolis (among other places).
Trying to get devs to fix that is futile, like trying to get them to fix the event scoreboard that doesn't update at the end properly, or adjust terminals/mouse behaviour so it is consistent for all terminals, etc, etc.

I'm doing pretty great so far with my 1st ever migration, hit a 922 ped LT Dominant the other day, then today I hit an over 200 ped Matriarch, also had several globals besides. I see tons of globals and hofs steadily throughout each day on the ticker.

I hunted LT quite hard over the weekend. Some nice globals and steady loot, lets see how the next few days go.

Not Participating!

I have not participated in this event for a few years now.

Even when I was most active, I never hit anything over 1k.

But with loot this bad, I'd rather go hunt some punies at icarus.

16k Cycled at 80% return. Not whining....just heartbroken.

16k Cycled at 80% return. Not whining....just heartbroken.

Can't say much but get used to it, this is now the new norm!

Apparently anyone who gets 80% are also whiners :eyecrazy::scratch2::laugh::dunce:.

I was getting 91-92% without the bigger multipliers...

the hofs seem required to get the TT return we did pre-loot 2.0.. when i factor in the bigger multis my returns are nearly 98% with L guns and a little less than 1% defensive costs.

Can't say much but get used to it, this is now the new norm!

Apparently anyone who gets 80% are also whiners :eyecrazy::scratch2::laugh::dunce:.

:bs:

nice conclusion from the veteran you presume to be. :laugh:

That coming from the guy who always laughed at people complaining they got constant <80%, saying they didnt know how to play and pointing them to his blog.

Now YOU got some bad runs and now all of a sudden the system is broken?

Just be careful you dont turn into this sour whining ###, you're better then this.

So cheer up, grab your gun and prove yourself wrong this time. We have faith in you!...or at least I have
:wise:

It would appear...for now anyway (based on Star's amp sales thread) that MA are only going to make the unlimited amps very rare. Now that is a huge turnoff for me, and probably many other people that use mindforce as cheaper way of hunting v time in game.

Wow! You can draw that conclusion from 1 single sales thread, where some "early adaptors" (read: people with to much ped on their hands) pay way to much for an amp that will cost +100 in about 12 months time?

:laugh::lolup::wtg:

So cheer up, grab your gun and prove yourself wrong this time. We have faith in you!...or at least I have :wise:

Who said I was not still hunting? Feeding your CLD's?

Last edited:
Can't really contribute. i remained traumatized from the first ever migration, will not touch that again. Okay, maybe the 250 LT mission, but more than that, good grief thanks no. So can't properly rant about migration :laugh:

[Space is Dead]

I have a whine....... I had to go down to planet to get PEDs I had 1kped profits on 10k spends :/ it sucked

but what really annoys me is I had to change my game play because Migration has dried up the player base in space and concentrated them on one planet.... so no I have no one to shoot at :/

Entropia Life

Weekly Hunting Stats

Total value 4 953 202 PED (+104.78 %)
Weekly Globals 38 782 (+54.69 %)

Back