Question: Chat track for specific key words

sagivstern

Mature
Track chat for specific key words

Is there any tool for tracking specific words in chat?
My need is to be able to track specific words in trade channel in order to find buyers, just add my keywords (items) and each time they pop up with either WTS/Selling/WTB/Buying(your choice) it does some sound effect.
Tnx

Last edited:
Possibly through third party software if you enable chat logging, but in game there is no function that would do what you are looking for

Possibly through third party software if you enable chat logging, but in game there is no function that would do what you are looking for

Totally possible with a simple text reader app and to run reg-ex on each new line.....

Chat log script

Easy with PowerShell (If you have Windows 7 or newer, you have it already installed)
You should run the script from Windows PowerShell ISE and you need to enable chat logging from the game options.

It's pretty simple script I wrote in 10 minutes. It will look for adj resto, mod fap, adj pixie (selling) and any bukin item, nemesis, fap-5 (buying) from the latest line of chatlog. See the script and modify to your needs. It will make a beep sound and write the matching line to powershell console.

Code:
$user = $env:username
$chatlog = "C:\Users\$user\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log" # chatlog path
$oldline = ""
$Result = ""

$sell = "Adjusted Restoration Chip|Modified First Aid Pack|Adjusted Pixie"
$buy = "bukin|Nemesis|FAP-5"

$wts = "selling|WTS"
$wtb = "buying|WTB"

while ($true) {
    sleep -Milliseconds 200
    $line = Get-Content $chatlog -Tail 1
    $line = $line.ToLower()
    if ($line -ne $oldline) {
        if ($line -match $sell -and $line -match $wts)
        { 
            [console]::beep(1900,200)
            write-host $line
            $oldline = $line
        }
        if ($line -match $buy -and $line -match $wtb)
        { 
            [console]::beep(1900,200)
            write-host $line
            $oldline = $line
        }
    }
}

Is there any tool for tracking specific words in chat?
My need is to be able to track specific words in trade channel in order to find buyers, just add my keywords (items) and each time they pop up with either WTS/Selling/WTB/Buying(your choice) it does some sound effect.
Tnx

Did something like that a time ago. It's an hta script, maybe you can find something useful in the code.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ail-like-monitor-for-chat-log&highlight=lorna

Back