Entropedia problem

SoReal

Stalker
Society
Titans Of Space
entropedia seems to be pointing at a domain parking service , someone messed with the DNS ?

entropiawiki.com works fine.

Are you looking at something else like .com or org.?

nope
going to http://www.entropiawiki.com/

shows

2016 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither Parkingcrew nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers.

Privacy Policy

nope
going to http://www.entropiawiki.com/

shows

2016 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither Parkingcrew nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers.

Privacy Policy

There is no spoon. :laugh:

Force refresh (Ctrl+F5 in most browsers)? It might have been broken the moment you first looked but I swear it's working now.

edit: and just in case, http://194.218.0.115 works as well

Nothing at all bad on my PC .

Changed my DNS settings to use Google's , all is well now :wtg:

I suddenly had the same problem and this fixed it. Thanks.

having the same issue - will try to change dns settings as well

EDIT: changing DNS to google settings didn't fix it for me and while i can get tot he page using teh actual IP address for it i cannot get any of the normal functions to work on the site via that method

Last edited:

I am having the same issue, how did you resolve this?

changed my TCP IP DNS settings to use :

Perhaps I can try a reboot since thats the only solution I know off :)

Joda is back home soon maybe he can check if its something wrong

//Linz

Can't use the search function this way so I still can't use the website sadly..

Search on Google, click the link and it will lead you to exact page, then there replace base domain with IP and it will work. :)

Can't use the search function this way so I still can't use the website sadly..

It works perfect for me from laptop, normal computers and from iphone.

No clue what to do to fix that.......

It seems there is an issue at the registrar level with the nameservers for the entropiawiki.com domain.

I have tried to contact witte, the original Entropedia admin and owner of the entropiawiki.com domain. So far I have not received a response.

In the meanwhile, I have pointed the domain www.entropiawiki.com to the current Entropedia host.

TLDR: Use www.entropiawiki.com if you are having problems with entropiawiki.com

It seems there is an issue at the registrar level with the nameservers for the entropiawiki.com domain.

I have tried to contact witte, the original Entropedia admin and owner of the entropiawiki.com domain. So far I have not received a response.

In the meanwhile, I have pointed the domain www.entropiawiki.com to the current Entropedia host.

Nice one 711!

yep with the mentioned ip adress instead of the web-site name you can also go to entropedia

Well done! Still doesn't fix the armor advisor - not sure if that is hosted elsewhere? Anyway now I can get to 90% of the site

The domain expiry date was July 7th.
It was updated (presumably renewed) earlier today (Updated Date: 2017-07-12T08:16:28Z).
The issue people are still experiencing is delay in spreading updated address information.

As I write this, Firefox still gets non-working site, but Chrome gets proper site.

It doesn't make filters and search work (likely because cookies are being set for entropiawiki.com).

Weapon compare tool doesn't work either (probably something hard-coded there, too).

As I write this, Firefox still gets non-working site, but Chrome gets proper site.

One of them is probably just retrieving it from cache. :)

Fortunately, domain propagation these days takes just hours.

OMG, i hope someone has not bought the site and wants a massive ped ransom to sell the site back to EU players!

Fortunately, domain propagation these days takes just hours.

Except for those ISPs that think they're so smart and have hacked/modified their DNS servers and do not respect TTLs.

OMG, i hope someone has not bought the site and wants a massive ped ransom to sell the site back to EU players!

Most people have no clue how insanely funny that statement is... right 711?

dont give any1 such ideas

Back