Entropedia problem

The domain expiry date was July 7th.
It was updated (presumably renewed) earlier today (Updated Date: 2017-07-12T08:16:28Z).
The issue people are still experiencing is delay in spreading updated address information.
As I posted here, Witte has got the domain registration set to auto-renew indeed - it would surprise me if someone else than Witte is the current/new owner.

As I write this, Firefox still gets non-working site, but Chrome gets proper site.
Interesting, for me both do not work at this time, ip-address does work fine though.
Mobile also doesn't work for me.

Entropedia dead?

And this time the domain seems to be for sale, so it is not just temporary site down.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I posted here, Witte has got the domain registration set to auto-renew indeed - it would surprise me if someone else than Witte is the current/new owner.

Interesting, for me both do not work at this time, ip-address does work fine though.
Mobile also doesn't work for me.

I had auto renew on a website once but my credit card changed later that year and when the 1-2 year renew was due i lost the website as credit card declined and then after one week they relist website for sale.

Last edited:
My friend who is an IT guy and MSCE says its them not us. They forgot to renew the domain thing and he thinks someone else picked it up(the name entropiawiki.com) and parked it.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/expired-2013-05-03-en

Assuming .info domains work the same way, you can't just grab a domain immediately after expiry.

I know, cos I have been watching a .com domain for the pass 2 weeks, a domain which has expired and is currently in the grace period. Assuming nobody uses one of those auctions to buy that domain, I should be able to get it in another 2,3 weeks.

I think there are backups of entropia.info database, so could just launch a new site with the information backup if needed. The loss of the websites information is a worry while migration is ongoing and many items are for sale. People like to use weapons compare before a large purchase.

I think there are backups of entropia.info database, so could just launch a new site with the information backup if needed. The loss of the websites information is a worry while migration is ongoing and many items are for sale. People like to use weapons compare before a large purchase.

agree, im glad i have a working offline system of the compare weapons (laser only and doesn't factor enh)

It seems there is an issue at the registrar level with the nameservers for the entropiawiki.com domain.

I have tried to contact witte, the original Entropedia admin and owner of the entropiawiki.com domain. So far I have not received a response.

In the meanwhile, I have pointed the domain www.entropiawiki.com to the current Entropedia host.

TLDR: Use www.entropiawiki.com if you are having problems with entropiawiki.com

711, I've sent him a message to his RL Facebook, referring to this thread.
I guess he still has your Skype contact to get back to you on.

You are confusing the domain name and the website.

The website and all of the data are fine and still under the control of the EU community.

Even if a new party has acquired the entropiawiki.com domain, they would not gain access to the website or data.

It seems there is an issue at the registrar level with the nameservers for the entropiawiki.com domain.

I have tried to contact witte, the original Entropedia admin and owner of the entropiawiki.com domain. So far I have not received a response.

In the meanwhile, I have pointed the domain www.entropiawiki.com to the current Entropedia host.

TLDR: Use www.entropiawiki.com if you are having problems with entropiawiki.com

This gets everyone to the main page but any kind of search, including links/filters doesn't work for me even after clearing cookies/files, which makes the site pretty useless.

You are confusing the domain name and the website.

The website and all of the data are fine and still under the control of the EU community.

Even if a new party has acquired the entropiawiki.com domain, they would not gain access to the website or data.

Ah i was meaning the Temporary loss of use of the site and its information but worded it in the wrong way, i understand the Domain is separate to the contents of the website. Hope it can be fixed soon having withdrawal symptoms when losing access to Entropia.info.

Last edited:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/expired-2013-05-03-enAssuming .info domains work the same way, you can't just grab a domain immediately after expiry.

I think it depends on the registrar - how "shady" the registrar is.

In some policies expired domains are reserved say a month and can be reclaimed during that time, and in other policies you have to renew it like at least 24 hours *before* expiry or the registrar can claim it and resell it. Or at least take a hefty fee.

It would be interesting to know which registrar that was used (that handed over the domain to "parkingcrew" just a few days after expiry), so we know what registrar *not* to use...

Edit: Apparenly it's "moniker.com" that are the perpetrators.
http://www.sm-technologies.co.uk/blog/moniker-domains-switching-registrar/

"They are utterly dodgy. Have been for years and are worse under the new management."

"I can’t even begin to describe how appalling Moniker is. Impossible to contact; useless, non-functional interface; I gave up on a few domain names because Moniker was helping itself to my money so I had to block my debit card"

The domain might be possible to recover by logging into the "owning" registrar (enom for .info domains?) and request a registrar switch.

So, if you have any domain registered with moniker.com, move it to a serious registrar before something bad happens...

About (new) owners of moniker.com:
http://fraud-reports.wikia.com/wiki/Key-Systems_GmbH

Last edited:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/expired-2013-05-03-en

Assuming .info domains work the same way, you can't just grab a domain immediately after expiry.

I know, cos I have been watching a .com domain for the pass 2 weeks, a domain which has expired and is currently in the grace period. Assuming nobody uses one of those auctions to buy that domain, I should be able to get it in another 2,3 weeks.

According to my friend the IT guy one can buy it as soon as it expires but the owner can redeem it within a month. My friend lost a domain name 2 days after it expired and it cost him 80 USD to get it back a few days later. They must have used one of auctions (" Assuming nobody uses one of those auctions to buy that domain") so as you are saying you can buy one right after expiration if you use the auction.

This gets everyone to the main page but any kind of search, including links/filters doesn't work for me even after clearing cookies/files, which makes the site pretty useless.

The cookie issue will be corrected later today, and the site will work fully using the domain entropiawiki.com

According to my friend the IT guy one can buy it as soon as it expires but the owner can redeem it within a month. My friend lost a domain name 2 days after it expired and it cost him 80 USD to get it back a few days later. They must have used one of auctions (" Assuming nobody uses one of those auctions to buy that domain") so as you are saying you can buy one right after expiration if you use the auction.

No, even if you use auction, normally the terms states that you will only get the domain if the original owner does not redeem the expired domain during the grace / redemption period. If the original owner redeems the expired domain during the grace / redemption period, doesn't matter if you bid 10000 usd for the domain, you still can't get it.

You can get back the expired domain for the normal renewal fees within the first few days or weeks after expiry, after that there is an extra fee to get back the domain. Once all the grace / redemption period is over, it goes to the auction winner, and if no bidders, its available to register again by any random person.

Of course terms could have changed, but thats what I was familiar with as of a few months ago, I think. And I was only tracking .com domains, so no idea about .info / other TLDs.

The cookie issue will be corrected later today, and the site will work fully using the domain entropiawiki.com

Cool, thank you.

In the meantime, anyone looking for info on something can do a search on google like "entropedia feffoid" or "entropedia wildman's fury" and the first result should be the entropedia page, click on the little down arrow and select "cached".

No, even if you use auction, normally the terms states that you will only get the domain if the original owner does not redeem the expired domain during the grace / redemption period. If the original owner redeems the expired domain during the grace / redemption period, doesn't matter if you bid 10000 usd for the domain, you still can't get it.

You can get back the expired domain for the normal renewal fees within the first few days or weeks after expiry, after that there is an extra fee to get back the domain. Once all the grace / redemption period is over, it goes to the auction winner, and if no bidders, its available to register again by any random person.

Of course terms could have changed, but thats what I was familiar with as of a few months ago, I think. And I was only tracking .com domains, so no idea about .info / other TLDs.

I may have misunderstood and 80 USD was to redeem the dom but by the way he said it he indicated that it was more than the normal renewal cost. I don't believe he said he ever lost it because he redeemed it during the grace period but there were bids but as you say the grace period did apply.

Anyway it looks like its getting fixed and all's well that ends well/

Last edited:
We've all heard of stories about a stranger paying for coffees for the people behind them in line at Starbucks and many other similar acts of "little kindnesses".
Shame registrars don't allow just anyone to pay the renewal of a domain, just because they feel like being nice. :confused:

Well it is only when we lose access to entopia.info we know how much it means to us all. Perhaps if we had a yearly event in Entropia and 10% of entrance fee/or profit for this event was put into a pot for all the people who help maintain entropia.info to share between them, it would be fun to do.

Some Land owner could offer to have this yearly event for Entropia.info.

entropiawiki.com is not working for me. Nothing is working on the page.

711 posted earlier that its an issue with cookies and it would be corrected "later today" (that was 6 hours ago) but until then, the site is unusable.

I contacted the registrar about having a third-party pay for a domain renewal. Unfortunately, a bank transfer from my bank is more expensive than the actual renewal rate.

Hello,

thank you for contacting Moniker Support.

Normally the owner of a domain should be the one paying for the renewal of the domain.

But you can do a bank transfer and reference the domain name you want to renew if you don't have access to the account.

Here are the wire transfer details:

Beneficiary Bank Name: First Citizens Bank
City / State: Raleigh, NC USA
ABA / Routing: 053100300
Swift / BIC: FCBTUS33
Beneficiary Account Number: 9062907565
Beneficiary Name and Address: Moniker Online Services, LLC / 13727 SW 152nd Street #513 / Miami, FL 33177

The price for a one year renewal is $11.99.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Christoph Bubel

Your Team @ Moniker.com

Moniker Online Services, LLC
13727 SW 152nd Street #513
Miami, FL 33177

Phone:
Toll-free in the U.S. and Canada: 1-844-760-0251
International: 1-954-601-5759
Fax: 1-954-337-0662

Email: getsupport@moniker.com

Web: www.moniker.com