Question: forum ignore

Xcessive

Alpha
is there any way to block/ignore posts from selected individuals?

my forum experience is usually pretty good - then, there is 'that guy' .... any way to block him?

my forum experience is usually pretty good - then, there is 'that guy' .... any way to block him?

Click on my name (or said person's name in case it's not me) and click on "Add to Ignore List" on the left column menu.

Leftclick on the name to see named players profile, then click "add to ignorelist" and its done :)

If this someone is really active and you start doing it to many I suspect the discussions won't make much sense anymore. If you are a grown up it's way easier to just don't read the bullshit you don't want to read. It's like this all the time in RL also so might as well just do it here to as you can't "ignore" it in most other places other than doing what I suggested.

If this someone is really active and you start doing it to many I suspect the discussions won't make much sense anymore. If you are a grown up it's way easier to just don't read the bullshit you don't want to read. It's like this all the time in RL also so might as well just do it here to as you can't "ignore" it in most other places other than doing what I suggested.

Thanks for telling me to be a big boy. I simply asked a question. Wasn't looking for your wisdom on dealing with people.

Thanks for telling me to be a big boy. I simply asked a question. Wasn't looking for your wisdom on dealing with people.

Just put him on ignore list then :laugh:

you now know how it works ;)

I have ignored some morons. Unfortunately they leave their detritus in just about every thread so you end up with a bunch of threads with these empty markers where they posted but you don't see their content, just that they posted, and then you get a bunch of other people replying to them to tell them what a moron they are, but its all good, I would rather not see their spew. I wish 711 would change it so those markers don't even show up, I blocked them, I don't care if they posted or not, that's why I blocked them ffs :laugh:

I have ignored some morons. Unfortunately they leave their detritus in just about every thread so you end up with a bunch of threads with these empty markers where they posted but you don't see their content, just that they posted, and then you get a bunch of other people replying to them to tell them what a moron they are, but its all good, I would rather not see their spew. I wish 711 would change it so those markers don't even show up, I blocked them, I don't care if they posted or not, that's why I blocked them ffs :laugh:

Lol, I'll just neg rep the shit out of you if you put me on ignore as that's the only way left to communicate with the person
:wtg:

Lol, I have once put someone on ignore, but I'm simply to curious to know what those empty posts contain. So that lasted 2 days. Even if it's shit, I need to read. Must know! :laugh:

Thanks for misunderstanding in the worst possible way and for giving me NEG rep for bothering trying to raise what I think is a valid negative point with the ignore function.. I can see why you need the ignore function tho lol. Next time I won't bother answering you and please put me on ignore list for the future :D

Thanks for misunderstanding in the worst possible way and for giving me NEG rep for bothering trying to raise what I think is a valid negative point with the ignore function.. I can see why you need the ignore function tho lol. Next time I won't bother answering you and please put me on ignore list for the future :D

You weren't misunderstood.

You started lecturing.
You insulted the OP by inferring that he was not a grown up.
You lectured some more.

Most likely you are now on ignore.

That comment is rather unfair, likewise the OP was rather touchy.
You place somebody on ignore and it is quite possible the discussion then wont make sense.

That comment is rather unfair, likewise the OP was rather touchy.
You place somebody on ignore and it is quite possible the discussion then wont make sense.

Oh, it makes sense alright. For example, someone posts a thread about a hunting topic, some blocked moron comes into the thread and litters it with their random bullshit, all you see is random empty threads by this blocked moron, then other people respond to the blocked moron and they tell them they are full of shit, at that point it's not hard to figure out what the discussion is about :laugh:

change.jpg

Back