Unused houses all over Calypso.

Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Honey Honeypotts Potts
showimage.php
[/URL][/IMG]
Lots of avatars and Marcus the realestate broker seem to have unused properties all over Calypso. Please think of all the homeless, but very fussy, cats out there.

Last edited:
Imagine winning a house or apartment for providing a cool video of your global, instead of a cheap suit.

I remember like in old days you could buy apartment from auction. Every unused apartment was placed for 150 ped BO or so. Not sure why MA removed them from auction as this raised prices of real estate in EU.

Hi there,
I own a flat on Sakura City (Amethera, Planet Calypso) and I was looking to move on a Villa 2 years ago; I had found on auction, for sale, some interesting property near well known TP, on Eudoria; well, I've lost the auction at the end (no problem with that at all); the sad side of the story is who those Villas (Estate deeds) are dusting in a shopkeeper since that day of 2 years ago; it is the story of most of the Estate Deeds of EU, imo.

Estates needs to be implemented in a "social" way maybe, people should be able to live in its, for a reason imo.

btw... GL ; )

I think when they first developed the housing system they had plans for further development. Further development never materialised and housing has pretty much stayed the same from when they were first released.

Its a bit like space which is in version 1. However housing has been in game longer than space.

So it would be nice if MA have a better overall strategic development plan that isn't totally ad-hoc and all over the place. Of course you need some leeway to divert from development plans and concentrate on other things. It's all about balance and history shows MA have not learnt any lessons from history. Now that we have planet partners there is even more scope for distractions as they will want different things developed and the overall purposeful and unified development is sacrificed even more.

There is a simple solution. Have a team be it a small one dedicated to overall unified development so no matter what the current new system they are developing older systems are not left to rot. This would benefit players and the game including planet partners. There was a reason why housing and space were introduced and those reasons are no less potent than when they were first conceived.

Lots of avatars and Marcus the realestate broker seem to have unused properties all over Calypso. Please think of all the homeless, but very fussy, cats out there.

As the old houses originally were sold in auction I think they all have an owner, and 99% of those that it says "Marcus Callender" on are in the pocket of "investors"/resellers who haven't claimed it.

Only estate I don't *think* have a proper owner is the Gustavsberg(?) castle; if i recall right it got implemented in VU9 but never sold - I think we all thought that it would be the castle that "Motörhead" would have (but as we knew it got built on Rocktropia.)

Love the pic. Just open the door and the cat will take possession :)

I think when they first developed the housing system they had plans for further development. Further development never materialised and housing has pretty much stayed the same from when they were first released.

Its a bit like space which is in version 1. However housing has been in game longer than space.

So it would be nice if MA have a better overall strategic development plan that isn't totally ad-hoc and all over the place. Of course you need some leeway to divert from development plans and concentrate on other things. It's all about balance and history shows MA have not learnt any lessons from history. Now that we have planet partners there is even more scope for distractions as they will want different things developed and the overall purposeful and unified development is sacrificed even more.

There is a simple solution. Have a team be it a small one dedicated to overall unified development so no matter what the current new system they are developing older systems are not left to rot. This would benefit players and the game including planet partners. There was a reason why housing and space were introduced and those reasons are no less potent than when they were first conceived.

The problem is they implement things, work on them for a couple mini VUs, then class them as finished. After a couple years, they forget about them, then reimplement the same systems but in a different way.

In this case, the housing systems - they first introduced houses & castles as luxury goods, then apartments as lower-end user access. Then the shopping system (shops & shopkeepers)... then, finished.

Fast forward 8 years and they implement a completely new approach to housing (DIY plots & gardening).

I'm sure in 2025 there will be a third housing system and all the current CLD plots are historic footnotes again...

Something that i don't understand is why the apartments is so far from the civilization?
Bring the Omegaton/Sakura apartments to Twin Peak and Port Atlantis as Arkadia.
Im amazed how Calypso passes their luck on different game design.

Originally amethera was envisioned as the continent players owned and Eudora was the pve ma owned spot... then planets and crap like medusa head to water it all down. Been saying a long time ma should remove all non participant owned estates or give them life.... move lahar to sakura. Add factory to omegaton etc. Or do as u say and move all apartments to twin peaks

Originally amethera was envisioned as the continent players owned and Eudora was the pve ma owned spot... then planets and crap like medusa head to water it all down. Been saying a long time ma should remove all non participant owned estates or give them life.... move lahar to sakura. Add factory to omegaton etc. Or do as u say and move all apartments to twin peaks

I'm still waiting for that big red building in the heart of atlas haven to become an apartment building....

My apartment in omegaton west is almost as close to a teleporter as my building in celeste harbor.

Same here , I fly from the teleporter to my balcony where I enter and exit.

Omegaton West Alpha building 11G , newest apartment project is to display combat mask collection , but 200 slots is limiting my success.

Blast from the past time

Market-fixing-in-Entropia-Apartments

I bought my apartment from the auction for around 200ped back when we all used them for storage :yay:

And one day they all disappeared, pages and pages of apartments vanished almost over night. I seem to remember that they were said to have been bought by a mystery investment group but I'm more inclined to think MA just removed them as this group has never reappeared to sell them.

Really would be nice if they would have a little more information about housing and shop spaces either on the deeds or somewhere easily on the website for those of us that are new to the game or missed seeing the information. Also if they are holding onto a lot of the deeds then its dead weight for the company. If the deeds have a way not to list the true owner (said when asked why there are so many that are listed in the real estate broker's hands) then that should be changed so that people wanting a house/shop can find people they could message and ask if they could acquire the deed from them.

Also it would be really nice if they expanded the housing/shop market as that is a real market for vanity items which would help boost the economy in the game.

Back