Miner switching to hunting profession seeks professional advise

Kevlie

Prowler
Society
Dark Side
Daniel Ninja Kevlie
Hello guys,

Due to recent mining loot improvements I decided to switch to hunting profession and doing pretty good lately although I still need to learn a lot... Anyway I made this thread to get some new opinion and advise regarding what gear I should be using next.

Currently I am using:

Adj Musca + 2a
Herb Box
EWE LC-100 + RDI Alpha

I decided to invest about 1k ped a little more if needed in new Armor or/and weapon. Can you advise what armor I should be buying? Maybe I should stay to my current gear?

I mostly hunt Kerberos Alpha/Dom and Atrox young - providers. With current setup I have no issues and the loot is really decent, but in the long term I still keep loosing.

Keep in mind I am not trying to skill up fast or become uber anytime soon. I am just a player that enjoys EU!

Thanks in advance and may lootius be with you :p

Hello,

Since i dont know your hunting history its hard to tell...which level do you have ? hp points? evade? etc...
the lc-100+rdi is very good imo...maybe you also get a finisher to avoind overkill?

depnds als what your goals are in hunting, if you are a patient guy or if you want it instant...

you wrote that you´re not in a hurry...so i would suggest :

do the gauntlet (for UL vivo10) and get the herb box in storage ,gauntlet 2 for 10 ped ammo xD
check your mission logs/hunting logs,do the little missions/stages also...like stage 1+2 of berycled,combibo,foul,molis..etc (this would give you a good boost at start) --> but you might need a lower weapon also without amp i think...

after some the stages you can also decide which way/mob you like/suits to your lvl very well and do the missions for it..

if you need further infos,just gimme a pm (Edward MrEddie James)...

Have a nice day,
Eddie

Hello,

Since i dont know your hunting history its hard to tell...which level do you have ? hp points? evade? etc...
the lc-100+rdi is very good imo...maybe you also get a finisher to avoind overkill?

depnds als what your goals are in hunting, if you are a patient guy or if you want it instant...

you wrote that you´re not in a hurry...so i would suggest :

do the gauntlet (for UL vivo10) and get the herb box in storage ,gauntlet 2 for 10 ped ammo xD
check your mission logs/hunting logs,do the little missions/stages also...like stage 1+2 of berycled,combibo,foul,molis..etc (this would give you a good boost at start) --> but you might need a lower weapon also without amp i think...

after some the stages you can also decide which way/mob you like/suits to your lvl very well and do the missions for it..

if you need further infos,just gimme a pm (Edward MrEddie James)...

Have a nice day,
Eddie

That's a start. Thanks for the reply! Is there a point of hunting lower level mobs if you actually prepared for bigger ones? I mean is your point to skill up before moving on?

HP 119

Range laser (dmg) 30 lvl

I have around 1300 evade points, not sure which lvl is that, might have to check that out. I have also around 70k skills in total, skilled a little of everything, but mostly rifle.

Ghost+p5a (or whatever the equivalent is nowadays). Hunt mobs you can kill without too much fapping. Maybe get one a103 for your weapon if you go down the laser path, and do hunts long enough to use the amp up each time (approx 2k shots)

That's a start. Thanks for the reply! Is there a point of hunting lower level mobs if you actually prepared for bigger ones? I mean is your point to skill up before moving on?

HP 119

Range laser (dmg) 30 lvl

I have around 1300 evade points, not sure which lvl is that, might have to check that out. I have also around 70k skills in total, skilled a little of everything, but mostly rifle.

hello...and yes...more than 1 point for making lower ones first....skill up,eco hunting check, learning ginding patience..learning good hunting and deailing with overkill etc-->also if you reached a higher lvl (50+) you dont wanna make the low stuff anymore (most of ppl)...

Gremlin or viceroy some 5b plates and a105 amp and go shoot and don't stop .

Or take some castorian blade 6 elm edition with a melle amp I and go hunt some Kerberos and argonauts , make some hp cuz you need it.

Ghost+p5a (or whatever the equivalent is nowadays). Hunt mobs you can kill without too much fapping. Maybe get one a103 for your weapon if you go down the laser path, and do hunts long enough to use the amp up each time (approx 2k shots)

I was thinking of Ghost, but it has terrible decay

Gremlin or viceroy some 5b plates and a105 amp and go shoot and don't stop .

Or take some castorian blade 6 elm edition with a melle amp I and go hunt some Kerberos and argonauts , make some hp cuz you need it.

Viceroy sounds good, sadly 5b price went up lol, but yes this combo sounds fair

Calypso Explorer Map - nice little mob map for Calypso.

Arkadia Mob Map - Nice mob map for Arkadia

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...41-Link-List&p=3533697&viewfull=1#post3533697 - link to the PROFESSIONAL ADVICE/TIPS for HUNTING section of the Link list. Not sure if it's too useful for you, but could be? ....

and of course there's an entire subforum on hunting https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?11-Hunting

Iron Missions can be boring as hell, but go do em. If you haven't done the 'starter missions' like Lahar chain, go do em. Get some nice little L plates for that, and it'll let you double up by killing mobs for both the iron and that chain at same time. There's a few other little starter missions like that with interesting rewards. Mostly little stuff like the snables around phoenix, etc. Mindark's been introducing more and more mini starter missions like that the last couple of years... some of them are worth doing more than others....

For Bery chain that area south of the hangers at Corinth appear to be about the 'best' place to hunt as spawn is pretty ok there. Figuring out what maturity is in which mob locations is always fun. If you are just grinding the iron missions, looking for lower maturity not mixed with other spawns can sometimes be tricky. There's typically good spawn in 'the right' place if you look hard enough...

Even though Venture Bros got kicked off forum for his spammy affiliate links, he did produce an interesting 'starter tutorial' that you may want to check out if you haven't done those low level missions yet... https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Walkthrough&p=3566388&viewfull=1#post3566388

Also, if you are trying new things, do think about melee a little, and perhaps taming. Not a lot can be done with taming yet, but it seems that the future has some interesting possibilities.

If you haven't tried the other planets yet, perhaps try em. Something I've started doing the last couple of years is going to each planet to do the starter iron mission type chains, slowly working my way up the food chain.

Of course, you probably already know to look to entropedia for mobs and missions...

Also suggest looking at most of the links in the link list on various pages. Some of it's silly stuff, but some is quite interesting like repeatable mob list, etc.

Last edited:
Calypso Explorer Map - nice little mob map for Calypso.

Arkadia Mob Map - Nice mob map for Arkadia

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...41-Link-List&p=3533697&viewfull=1#post3533697 - link to the PROFESSIONAL ADVICE/TIPS for HUNTING section of the Link list. Not sure if it's too useful for you, but could be? ....

and of course there's an entire subforum on hunting https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?11-Hunting

Iron Missions can be boring as hell, but go do em. If you haven't done the 'starter missions' like Lahar chain, go do em. Get some nice little L plates for that, and it'll let you double up by killing mobs for both the iron and that chain at same time. There's a few other little starter missions like that with interesting rewards. Mostly little stuff like the snables around phoenix, etc. Mindark's been introducing more and more mini starter missions like that the last couple of years... some of them are worth doing more than others....

For Bery chain that area south of the hangers at Corinth appear to be about the 'best' place to hunt as spawn is pretty ok there. Figuring out what maturity is in which mob locations is always fun. If you are just grinding the iron missions, looking for lower maturity not mixed with other spawns can sometimes be tricky. There's typically good spawn in 'the right' place if you look hard enough...

Even though Venture Bros got kicked off forum for his spammy affiliate links, he did produce an interesting 'starter tutorial' that you may want to check out if you haven't done those low level missions yet... https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Walkthrough&p=3566388&viewfull=1#post3566388

Also, if you are trying new things, do think about melee a little, and perhaps taming. Not a lot can be done with taming yet, but it seems that the future has some interesting possibilities.

Thanks for your time sharing these links :) Lot to read and learn :computer:

For low level hunting fun with hourly, daily and longer missions all of which give a plentiful supply of small skill gain rewards, check out Toulan. But remember to take a TP chip and plenty of ME as no vehicles outside the landing area. A large proportion of the mobs you will be able to hunt naked, and skill those weps you have lowest skills. Also loads of low level weapon drops which you can burn doing the kills.
Otherwise as mentioned above try Ark for a good variety of mobs.

My advice is don't wear armour at all if you don't need it, take a few hits and get that evade,,, the hunter's best friend.
If wearing armour, I would advise against Ghost unless it changed radically as compared to other armours in 2.0 as it is notoriously un-eco. I used to have it and eventually invested in Boar, got the extra ped spent back in only a couple of months of reduced decay.

For low level hunting fun with hourly, daily and longer missions all of which give a plentiful supply of small skill gain rewards, check out Toulan. But remember to take a TP chip and plenty of ME as no vehicles outside the landing area. A large proportion of the mobs you will be able to hunt naked, and skill those weps you have lowest skills. Also loads of low level weapon drops which you can burn doing the kills.
Otherwise as mentioned above try Ark for a good variety of mobs.

My advice is don't wear armour at all if you don't need it, take a few hits and get that evade,,, the hunter's best friend.
If wearing armour, I would advise against Ghost unless it changed radically as compared to other armours in 2.0 as it is notoriously un-eco. I used to have it and eventually invested in Boar, got the extra ped spent back in only a couple of months of reduced decay.

Heeey Granny, thanks for reminding Toulan. I visited Toulan few months ago and yes hunting was fun there. Now all I need is to adapt all of these suggestions that people gave to my avatar and hope MA won't screw me up :p

Boar is a really good investment. It is a nice allround armor, depending on the plats you using. For robots you need to change the plats and for trox too, and may for other typ of damage. But boar have the basic hp and work well with near every plat you insert.

So if you buy boar, you can use that armor for ever as a cool standard armor.

Boar is a really good investment. It is a nice allround armor, depending on the plats you using. For robots you need to change the plats and for trox too, and may for other typ of damage. But boar have the basic hp and work well with near every plat you insert.

So if you buy boar, you can use that armor for ever as a cool standard armor.

Wouldn't boar be too early for me at this point? I mean is evader lvl 9 ok? I don't want pay for decay too much :) also what do you think about Bear? Its a slightly cheaper option.

Wouldn't boar be too early for me at this point? I mean is evader lvl 9 ok? I don't want pay for decay too much :) also what do you think about Bear? Its a slightly cheaper option.

I once had bear, before i bought boar, but bear is more nice for robots, compared with boar, but boar is better as allround armor.

I use boar since ages, also if i was much more low skilled. But maybe there is a armor set you could use, before changing to boar. I slowly bought part for part, of the boar, and used rascall or some thing, before i had a full boar set.

Gremline could be a cool set for you too, before looking for boar, and then save also the grem set, about for some creatures is grem better.

I once had bear, before i bought boar, but bear is more nice for robots, compared with boar, but boar is better as allround armor.

I use boar since ages, also if i was much more low skilled. But maybe there is a armor set you could use, before changing to boar. I slowly bought part for part, of the boar, and used rascall or some thing, before i had a full boar set.

Gremline could be a cool set for you too, before looking for boar, and then save also the grem set, about for some creatures is grem better.

noted :) .

Hunting is not really that different than mining. The meta is exactly the same: look for the MU. I would suggest to keep hunting as a side-entertaining thing, but keep main focus on mining.

In both cases, you need bankroll before everything. While I enjoyed (and still do) RDI Alpha for some situations, generally is impossible to recover its MU, at least at low levels. I use it because those extra 300 (vs keeping an a104) helps my mining bankroll. But now is 38 peds for one piece, when I used it extensively it was 22 peds. While it doesn't look as a big difference, you can easily break one amp in two days and the minus cumulates fast. Count in some armor/ fap decay of 10-11 peds a day and you're dangerously near -1k/month. The lower and/or inappropiate the mobs (as in, passive decay vs turnover), the faster.

In what regards armour, 2.0 switched the paradigm completely: even little overprotection is better than fapping, even with notorius eco faps like the refurbished avatar bound from Cyrene (which I still recommend anyway as a great low-mid tool).

I don't recomment Viceroy, even if is a great armour, sticking 700+ peds in a souldbound item for which you can only get back 400 tt is meh. I did it once, will take it again only if I dunno what to do with the peds.

The great advantage is that once you find something to grind, is easier than to grind a certain ore mining, less bankroll stuck and more turnover from 101% shrapnel conversion.

A good idea is also to do both, mining and hunt, or hunt and mining. You can go for mining and just kill all mops on the mining way. Then, if the creatures feel like nice loot, stay a bit and hunt those. If they switch to bad, go along for more mining.

If you go for hunt, drop always also some probs around, and if you feel claims pop up, then do more mining around that place, and wait a bit with hunt.

Just an idea :)

A good idea is also to do both, mining and hunt, or hunt and mining. You can go for mining and just kill all mops on the mining way. Then, if the creatures feel like nice loot, stay a bit and hunt those. If they switch to bad, go along for more mining.

If you go for hunt, drop always also some probs around, and if you feel claims pop up, then do more mining around that place, and wait a bit with hunt.

Just an idea :)

Actually I tried this and it seems like a good Idea although I never had good loot on both when hunting and mining, its either good claims or good mob loot :laugh:

Back