Sharpnel Migration 2017

As primarily a melee user currently, I got over 5k shrap in storage and over 1k peds uni ammo in inventory.

I use about 300 - 400 peds of ammo for tagging, per day. But my returns in general have been more shrap looted then spend daily. Hence my 5k peds of shrap. I do have some backup guns which I am using more often now to just burn thru the shrap, but thats not the idle solution for me.

As someone else mentioned, sometimes shrap is the only thing looted with any MU, and unless you convert to uni ammo, I think you dont even get that mu, cos shrap is flooding the market now.

Yes, the tt thing is stupid bullshit and a comment based on nothing factual. It is confirmation bias and post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy.

No tests in entropia can be done from one hunt to the next. Tt is just a means to liquidate loot. It is a lateral transfer on your ledger.

dat latin will end up melting 50% of this forums' collective brains...

The dev team has assured me that selling Shrapnel (or any other item) to the Trade Terminal has no effect on one's returns, hunting or otherwise.

The dev team has assured me that selling Shrapnel (or any other item) to the Trade Terminal has no effect on one's returns, hunting or otherwise.

Thank you Ludvig.

Why do I 'always' get negative runs, if I tt then?

The more I TT, the worse it gets.

Ask them to explain that please.

Rick

Of course it doesnt. But thanks for chiming in and shutting down that bs.

Thank you Ludvig.

Rick

Law of large numbers, probability effect, sine wave, confirmation bias, lack of actual tacking sheets, poor playing, playing too much in volatile areas... i could go on.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. Correlation does not mean causation.

..................... playing too much in volatile areas....

What area is "not" volatile please?

Also please clarify your meaning volatile. What sort of loot swings are we talking about?

I'd like to hunt there.

Rick

edit: well I'm not depositing and then tt-ing shrapnel. I didn't mind tt-ing ammo as that was tt issue. Last night provided all the solid personal evidence I needed. so I guess that's it, if I can't sell that shit....I can't continue.

Last edited:
Thank you Ludvig.

Rick

that's because you're jinxed.
You have bad karma from whipping all those poor mobs.

Maybe next time hunt more animal friendly.
Just shoot them ffs and kill them quicker!
Dont let them suffer all the time. :wise:

What area is "not" volatile please?

Also please clarify your meaning volatile. What sort of loot swings are we talking about?

I'd like to hunt there.

Rick

edit: well I'm not depositing and then tt-ing shrapnel. I didn't mind tt-ing ammo as that was tt issue. Last night provided all the solid personal evidence I needed. so I guess that's it, if I can't sell that shit....I can't continue.

Or just sell it... like everyone else does....

i offer to buy your sharpnel 100% mu ofc and i'll tt them in stacks of 4000 peds, i dont have more on my ped card atm.

i'll be online this evening 20.00 ma time

cheers

Antrace Letale Very

Man, what the heck. When we were getting coins in the loot, everyone (me included) were like "omg MA, give us some loot, what the hell is that mobs looting coins".

They did it, changed to oils (and I shut up forever on this issue).

Soon after the change, half of forum started to bitch "where are the shiny coins". "What can I do with oils, everyone has them". Now (years after), they switched to shrapnel. So your conversion is instant. Still is not good. I bet some guy at MA lost is hair in front of monitor being like "bitch, please, WHAT DO YOU WANT?" :eyecrazy:

On a sidenote, yes, a solution for all regular melee users is required. Regular: melee which needs to be repaired, in contrast to 1 ped tt melee which uses uni ammo, like ELM edition.

- Maybe a sort of personal repair tool (akin to the personal sweating tool) which works only with regular* melee weapons, can repair them by using universal ammo, has no decay itself, doesn't repair (L) (that would be lolable), has no weight etc

- Maybe a type of permanent non-decay attachement which works exclusively with regular melee and switches used decay to uni ammo. Careful to not be attachable to like armors, mining tools, mining amps and with effect on L items etc

- Maybe a mission like "liaison whatever is his name" which is repeatable infintely and alows a chosen item to be transformed from, say, Katsuichi Valor to Fancynewlorecompanyname Valor

Of course, without affecting the stats. Maybe "too eco" (ffs MA, by the way) Philosopher etc will be a special case because via transformation they could now use melee amps?

I dunno, but something must be done for them/us. For the rest, shrapnel is great, I love shrapnel. ANYBLOODY item in this world especially in migration would be instantly devalued. Any MU throughout the universe looted in a sensible manner would be devalued. That's what EU player does, destroys MU. 101% is better than 99% of us had throughout all damn history.

Of course SOME MU should remain, to be stacked slowly, sold, keep the economy growing. But shrapnel is a damn good solution if it closes this melee hole.

Rick

Buy more from Trade Terminal instead of TT the stuff.
If your hypothesis is correct it should turn your runs to positive.

buying all shrapnel in 1000 ped+ stacks 100.1%

100.5% from me for upto 10k :)

and lol @ tt'ing reducing tt returns.

It's all in your head.

I often accumulate couple hundred PED of animal oil residue and am worrying how to get rid of it, given the previous stack hasn't sold yet. Then I tt it, stop worrying and forget about it, go out and hit a nice HoF - because I have some more PED to cycle, I've stopped worrying and can concentrate on my mining or hunting.

Whereas, if you start worrying when you tt something, you'll make silly mistakes, pay too much attention to irrelevant things etc., etc. - and that'll lead to bad results.

It's all in your head. :yup:

I did 20k LT points to finish Iron, I don't recall getting any skins, but most days I can't remember what I had for breakfast, and I wasn't really paying attention either, so I can't say I didn't get any for sure. But I have done 5k Eomon Silver points, and I know for sure I have gotten a few Eomon skins, if you want those I can save them for you. Optimal Loot Fuck Ya!

You've never heard of "never TT anything"?

Why do you think people add stuff to auction for TT, or even list is under TT?

Like I say we need a statement from MA.

I often dump stuff to TT when forced too, but it doesn't make me feel confident out there in the wild when I do.

Rick

Never TT anything because you're losing potential MU.

People add stuff to auction for TT or even slightly lower hoping for a bid; it is actually a wise strategy, because being under TT someone would make a bit, then the next people will see said bid and will be tempted to overbid (is a known fact that people are more attracted by auctions with bids since it somehow looks like a confirmation that someone else found that price interesting).

As far as I'm concerned this theory is just an urban myth, not even a well thought or well-known one.

*Later edit* Note to myself: Never post reading just the first and the last page, looks like this was actually officially answered in the meantime. Sorry!

Last edited:
No....I will just play Compet (which is really good now), and dump my taming gear to storage.

I really want to improve my taming skills, because I still think it will matter when both games have a connection with each other.

I know that dumping migration loot yesterday put my ava in a huge fast downward spiral, so I'm not prepared to deposit and do melee if it means a bottomless pit of pain and ped drain.

It's sad, but that's the facts of it. MA created the problem, they need to give us a solution fast....or say something.

Rick

This happened to me as well. I was inundated with shrapnel and the repair terminal was taking all my ped. Eventually i had no choice but to TT some shrap just to repair. Instant downward spiral.

Ugh...you bothered with a reply to this nonsense...

Ludvig, seriously though. Where are all the longtooth skins? I been spamming trade and local channel at migration. I got like 9 skins during a whole migration...9 pcs, while I need 600.

In that time I would of had 10 times the prancer skins and these fuckers are annoying to find and kill. Seriously, shooting a prancer is harder than redbullpacked teenager in CSGO

Ugh...you bothered with a reply to this nonsense...

Are you surprised? Alot of the interaction with the Officials in the forum are with minor issue / not even a issue. Whereas for more serious things, they don't even seem to be aware of it. This way they can claim to be interacting with the playerbase while not really doing anything much.

Either those people who are hired to interact here are told from day one to only bring up minor matters to the senior people to give an official answer to, or the people who interact give a list of issues to the senior people on a daily basis and the higher ups only decide to give an answer to the "easy" stuff and ignore the rest.

Are you surprised? Alot of the interaction with the Officials in the forum are with minor issue / not even a issue. Whereas for more serious things, they don't even seem to be aware of it. This way they can claim to be interacting with the playerbase while not really doing anything much.

I suppose weird theories that are being circulated not a minor issue. Wish they'd do a mythbusting series. :)

Back