The "I'm not rage quitting and not saying goodbye" thread. Not bye bye!!

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
As our beloved forum censors..uhhh..moderators are a bit overly eager, lets rephrase this thread. :silly2:

The "I'm not rage quiting and saying goodbye thread, but some other are claiming they do" thread.

Lets make a special place for all those rage quitters who for whatever reasons (loot 2.0 anybody?) feel wronged and want to quit (*edit* because I dont think they will actually rage quit).
I've read so many posts about people claiming that all their friends are quitting because of loot 2.0.
Sky is falling, the top depositors are all leaving and the game will end soon.

So, let's see if this part is true or not.

Feel free to whine, bitch, complain about or maybe compliment the system.

As far as I've been around the sky has been falling. But the sky apparently seems to be so high that it seemingly takes forever to hit rock bottom.

So I dont expect so see more than 2 people actually quitting (apart maybe from IRL reasons which dont fall in the rage quitting category)

So if you feel wronged and want to share it, please do it here so we can keep the other threads clean. And we can keep the forum as a useful place to gather info and share thoughts.

(Not breaking any rules here, arent I serica?)

To bad our beloved mod killed the whole purpose of that thread.

To bad our beloved mod doesn't read posts but just kills threads based on the tittle.

To bad our beloved mod doesn't even have the decency to react to PM's.

:(

Probably hiding in shame for locking a thread based on reason 3.8 which was not even valid for mentioned thread.
Lol, like I'm intending to leave! Ha, you'd wish! :tongue2:

Ok then, let' us just keep derailing other threads instead! Going off topic about quitting, complaining etc as that does seems to be allowed :yay:

Well I've got a committed withdrawal for most of my valuable stuff. About 1/8th value remains. I won't sell my skills because they provide poor value (1.1x MU on ESI prices) and I've seen the game go through enough iterations to know that a good one might be in the next VU or two; can just buy cheap (L) shit then if needed.

2.0 feels like a broken patch applied to a broken system; I was aware of how broken it was before (waves, item caps) and this is a step in the wrong direction.

Well I've got a committed withdrawal for most of my valuable stuff. About 1/8th value remains. I won't sell my skills because they provide poor value (1.1x MU on ESI prices) and I've seen the game go through enough iterations to know that a good one might be in the next VU or two; can just buy cheap (L) shit then if needed.

2.0 feels like a broken patch applied to a broken system; I was aware of how broken it was before (waves, item caps) and this is a step in the wrong direction.

yes, smart move. As I think items will keep losing value.
I did the same a long time ago. apart from the fact that I did not take all out, but just my initial deposits.
The rest I converted into CLD's (which can ofcourse also lose value) to at least get some revenue while I was not very active at that time.

Apart from my adjusted resto and some rings and some amps I rely on (L) items.
Try to keep as few MU items as possible.

But dont agree on the broken part. I think the new update together with previous loot changes (like smaller globals) made the game more fun to play for the less rich players.

yes, smart move. As I think items will keep losing value.
I did the same a long time ago. apart from the fact that I did not take all out, but just my initial deposits.
The rest I converted into CLD's (which can ofcourse also lose value) to at least get some revenue while I was not very active at that time.

Apart from my adjusted resto and some rings and some amps I rely on (L) items.
Try to keep as few MU items as possible.

But dont agree on the broken part. I think the new update together with previous loot changes (like smaller globals) made the game more fun to play for the less rich players.

I am sorry Aio, but i got to agree with Wizz here. There's so much frustration among higher playerbase because the distrubition been shuffled and the lesser players have a more gametime for their money. The saddest part is seeing so many old players not supporting it. This game been so hung up on having the right gear than anything else, and i see why there's not need to have so much invested then... Keep the skills and buy (L) according to when you want to play is not a bad plan :)

I am sorry Aio, but i got to agree with Wizz here. There's so much frustration among higher playerbase because the distrubition been shuffled and the lesser players have a more gametime for their money. The saddest part is seeing so many old players not supporting it. This game been so hung up on having the right gear than anything else, and i see why there's not need to have so much invested then... Keep the skills and buy (L) according to when you want to play is not a bad plan :)

This is the problem. I never had an imk2 or est; most eco setup I could have was achieved with pills from my deposits.

But the thrill was generated from the chance to loot an eco item, or grind some MU to earn one, so that maybe one day I could get some cashback

With the new system, it seems pointless to strive to the upper echelons as it's just the same shit but at a higher cycle rate.

My last deposit was July 2016. I made it ONE ENTIRE YEAR.
Granted, I almost didn't play during that time. MA sent me like 6 "we miss you" e-mails.
I shot a couple shared loot robots, logged in to sell some things... (A101 amp, 6a plate set, some clothes, random junk)
I managed to play around with the peds I had when I logged on for an hour or so every month or so for that year.

November 12, 2016 was my last global a 44 ped Kerb
The next one I got was an 87 Kerb in April 26, 2017

I came back more to try loot 2.0
got a 135 ped Sonic Squid doing a daily misison
I got a few more tiny globals, and managed to get 100 daily tokens to get an M83 Prowler CDF editon.

I decided after 1 year, signs of decent loot, and a nice gun - I would deposit. I put in $80
The important part of this is that I required almost 300 peds to repair my armor and A105 Overcharged amp.
I had small TT left on a (L) fap, bought like 8 peds of ME, maybe a few peds of some other repairs.

Left me with about 200 peds on card and 400 peds Universal ammo. First global after deposit was 104 ped LT Old
I went on to get 23 globals, I hunted Feffox, Prots, LT (dominate and some OA/prowler)
Best I got was a 275 ped Proteron followed by a 188 ped Atrax OA.
At one point I had over 600 ped in UA, a full A105, 25 ped (L) fap, somewhat damaged armor but not much, and some peds on card.

I think where I went wrong was that Feffox hunt. After that I did LT doms and like 15-20 eomon total.

Now I have 25% of my gun left, 11 ped fap, 20 peds in ammo, 5 peds on card.

This is my story. It's not for you to pick apart and say what I did wrong, how many mobs I should cycle or what mobs to hunt. This is for you to hear that someone who's played this game for years.. got fed up... didn't deposit or much play for 1 year. Came back to give migration a little go and "loot 2.0" and in about 5 days went broke.
Now - my armor is in good shape, so I can say out of my $80 deposit, about 20 is still in my armor.
People will also say "100 peds a day isn't bad," or something like that. That's not my point. I went from spending ZERO money on this game for ONE YEAR to spending 80 dollars and it being gone in 5 days.

So What the fuck am i supposed to do????????????? SPEND MORE MONEY? That sounds insane. Not play for a year? That's sad. I had fun - and want the fun to continue, but not at a cost of 10 dollars a day... that's why I quit 1 year ago. So this "one last try" ended in failure, disappointment, loss, regret, guilt, and despair. That's what I want from a video game...... make me feel shitty and hopeless.
Thanks for loot 2.0 teaser and for throwing away another customer.

they'll be back... they'll always be coming back, as usual... in another 10 years or so we'll be welcoming emw back along with the rest.

Here is why I quit.

• Red meat increases the risk of heart disease.
  • Red meat can also lead to cancer.
  • Red meat causes inflammation.
  • Red meat is linked to diabetes
  • Production of red meat on an industrial level is harmful to the environment.
I am not a complete vegetarian as I at times will eat chicken or fish , but mainly my diet has become plant based.

Overall with this diet I have become healthier and feel less dragged down and I feel it was very much worth quitting.

As our beloved forum censors..uhhh..moderators are a bit overly eager, lets rephrase this thread. :silly2:

(Not breaking any rules here, arent I serica?)

Tell me about the censors I posted a comment about another player that was in that player's bio (anyone could have looked also) and the comment by the censor was (Deleted or Removed can't remember), no comment, no reason or rule. Mod also closed a thread for complaints, I guess, or just flexing the muscle. Why would you close a thread for complaints ? I thought it was the mod's duty to remove offending comments if they are offending by the rules. Just because I don't like what you say is not enough to remove my comments if no rule is broken. If I think you are a butt-head and say it does that mean it against the rules and what if you really are a butt-head(you know I am kidding just an example). I was going to say some more but better quit before I really get it.

wizz ofc u wont have any clue whats going on :)) u said all u do is chat in the game...go back on rookie

With the new system, it seems pointless to strive to the upper echelons as it's just the same shit but at a higher cycle rate.

I've thought this for a few years now :laugh: not just since loot 2.0

As I think items will keep losing value.

Agree on that, but thats natural.
In RL items lose value aswell, just because it gets old, outdated, replaced with better stuff, break.
In EU items don´t break, but they get old and get replaced with new better items (eco/dps/durabillity/buffs whatever).
So we have that natural process of devaluing items in EU same as in RL.

Items will lose value to a point when it become rar and some collectors might catch some interest on it, then with collectors value due to beeing really old and rar, the value might start raising.
This last thing happens in RL faster as old items simply break, what is not the case in EU. To become collectors value to items, some of this old toys need to vanish from game, due to beeing TTed or purged from inactive accounts.
The problem I see with purged/TTed items, is the fact that it might find its way back to loot, so someone may find it again, what results in not lowering the amount of existing items (example Millitary, some dropped after some got used to upgrade to ImpMillitary).

MA has the power here to remove some old stuff out of loot, so the amount existing can be really lowered by upgrade missions, purged accounts or simply TTed by its owner.

Agree on that, but thats natural.
In RL items lose value aswell, just because it gets old, outdated, replaced with better stuff, break.
In EU items don´t break, but they get old and get replaced with new better items (eco/dps/durabillity/buffs whatever).
So we have that natural process of devaluing items in EU same as in RL.

Items will lose value to a point when it become rar and some collectors might catch some interest on it, then with collectors value due to beeing really old and rar, the value might start raising.
This last thing happens in RL faster as old items simply break, what is not the case in EU. To become collectors value to items, some of this old toys need to vanish from game, due to beeing TTed or purged from inactive accounts.
The problem I see with purged/TTed items, is the fact that it might find its way back to loot, so someone may find it again, what results in not lowering the amount of existing items (example Millitary, some dropped after some got used to upgrade to ImpMillitary).

MA has the power here to remove some old stuff out of loot, so the amount existing can be really lowered by upgrade missions, purged accounts or simply TTed by its owner.

Not quite sure what you are talking about. Are you saying that someone in this game would buy an item because of it rarity ? For what purpose ? If it is a rare item like a mod merc that's ofc is different because of its utility (dpd,dpp, etc.). Its not like you can buy something you think is rare and go down to the bar or pub and show it off:). I doubt I would spent ped on an just to have it in my inventory or go to icarsus to show the noobs:).

It isn't that Ubers do not want lower level players to have more game time for their money.

It is about the fact that MA has in one fell swoop devalued the investments they made in a game. Many who had trust in the system and trust in MA lost that trust and feel betrayed.

How do you justify any investment in game if MA can devalue it with the flip of a switch? You can't. But it isn't the first time and it won't be the last time. I certainly feel I can't trust anything now, and my items feel like hot potatoes. Not that I am even an Uber.

Granted I stepped up my game-play around the same time as loot 2.0, I can't afford to play for $500 a month. So, not sure what I will be doing in the near future. Seems playing long hours, on not massive mobs that I can kill with 1% or less def cost in 18 seconds, doing an entire IC - is not the right way to play.

Not quite sure what you are talking about. Are you saying that someone in this game would buy an item because of it rarity ? For what purpose ? If it is a rare item like a mod merc that's ofc is different because of its utility (dpd,dpp, etc.). Its not like you can buy something you think is rare and go down to the bar or pub and show it off:). I doubt I would spent ped on an just to have it in my inventory or go to icarsus to show the noobs:).

Yes some do that, and use it as deco for their appartment.
Don´t know if it still exists but there was a museum of arms in one of the echidna houses, with a lot of guns nobody would use these days.
There is also an museum of creature parts, where someone collecting tons of animal parts just to show his colletion in his house.
And I have heared of one person who wants to collect all armors, don´t remember the name and where he located his collection, maybe he just got it in storage so not visible to public.

Collectors definately exist.
Its not that those use that items, they just want to show what they have, same as RL collectors creating a museum for whatever.

wizz ofc u wont have any clue whats going on :)) u said all u do is chat in the game...go back on rookie

I only chat?
Please a link as to where I said that.

Rookie?

Instead of feeling insulted about this flame I kinda feel sorry for you.

you cant help it being frustrated because your small world got even smaller :laugh:

I neither raged quitted or said goodbye. I just got disinterested and vanished. LOL!

Sad to see you're in the same state, Aio. Always said to see other 13 year veterans get where we are.

I neither raged quitted or said goodbye. I just got disinterested and vanished. LOL!

Sad to see you're in the same state, Aio. Always said to see other 13 year veterans get where we are.

But still you're here.

You can check anytime you like, but you can never leave!

:D

2017 was a desaster for me lootwise.

That was before 2.0 & migration.

I'm not entirely sure which of the 2 did it but I certainly now feel that I've been sold 1 bridge too many.

20k down in less than 2 months. Granted I've been aiming pretty high (3000+ eomon, 6000+ spiders and then stage 6 on big togos after leaving caly in disgust. Few more mutants as well.) and yet I would have thought given those numbers there could have or should have been some positive outliers.

Feels like nothing much has changed for me other than next to constant bad loot I'm also not getting any more balancing hofs. At least nowhere near big enough or the gaps in between are way too big.

Been at points before when I lost the love for the game temporarily. This time i'm somehow really disillusioned. Gonna turn whatever loot is left into AUD and watch from the sidelines for a while.

Rant over!

Back