Developer Notes 13 - Loot-2.0 Statistics

1) Probably some form of system that tracks loot (similar to Entropialife tracking globals).

2) As you said, Can't be certain but since it would be hard to count every persons markup per item sold I would make a strong guess that it means TT value of said returns.

3) Since they stated that the returns for 'ALL' (Notice ALL) activity was 94.71% It would be safe to assume that it is in fact every person that has killed a mob that make up these statistics.

4) Would be interesting to see what peoples average cost per hunt (defensive, offensive cost) would be. But that is information that is extremely hard to come by and we will probably never know. (Unless we ourselves decide to run some statistics ourselves) This is most likely what would cause big gaps in overall returns, in my opinion.

5) Interesting question. Would love to see that information but we probably never will.

6) It clearly says 'Hunting activity' so why would it involve anything else?

7) They said in the patch notes that pills now have a factor in loot returns so unless something is broken (Wich they would have stated) one could assume that yes they do.

1) Yes, that was implied; my question is, what are the specifics of the system and how is the data collected?
2) Assumption. I want to know specifically how they calculated it.
3) Obviously, but how many is that?
4) Would be nice to see a histogram of returns. Maybe most players are in the 70-80% range and only a few are bumping the stats up.
6) This is more in line with my "how is it collected" question... what if I sweat the mob first? Is that included? Is healing in-between mobs counted?
7) Right, but does their tracker factor in the cost of the pill when I consume it?

And anyway, unless the answers come from MA they don't mean anything.

1) Yes, that was implied; my question is, what are the specifics of the system and how is the data collected?
2) Assumption. I want to know specifically how they calculated it.
3) Obviously, but how many is that?
4) Would be nice to see a histogram of returns. Maybe most players are in the 70-80% range and only a few are bumping the stats up.
6) This is more in line with my "how is it collected" question... what if I sweat the mob first? Is that included? Is healing in-between mobs counted?
7) Right, but does their tracker factor in the cost of the pill when I consume it?

And anyway, unless the answers come from MA they don't mean anything.

2.0 said healing was included. But for the life of me i cannot work out how.

Healing is not linked to a mob. I have a feeling this was said in error from MA.

Or

Healing cost is put into the big loot pool value. (So technically is distributed to all loot events)

Rgds

Ace

Healing is not linked to a mob. I have a feeling this was said in error from MA.

Or

Healing cost is put into the big loot pool value. (So technically is distributed to all loot events)

Rgds

Ace

u get healer loot whitout touching a healing device, during a kill (regen?)..

Or

Rgds

Ace

Not every mob returns the cost to kill to you in that loot.

Hope that helps.

Or

Rgds

Ace
Do peds spent healing go into the hunter bonus pool? (those extra stacks of shrapnel that appear together in the loot window)

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Haha - A maths teacher from my youth introduced stats to the class with a similar quote to yours, George.

Another wise man once said: "There are no such thing as lies, only false truths." :wise:

Sitting on 91.7% since Loot 2.Whoa implemented.

Paying 2.5% of someone elses loot or a HoF is incoming to get back to 94+%.

Either way it is worth losing a few % for the entertainment and friends the game provides.

I remember the days.....not so long ago....Where everyone complained about 50% returns, and NOONE believed the 90%+ returns rule.

Now every claims they use to get more than their current 9x%

Funny, how when MA posts actual stats, the tides quickly turn.

Just amuses me.

Rgds

Ace

Not every mob returns the cost to kill to you in that loot.

Hope that helps.

I appreciate that, but for shooting its easy.

If a monster takes damage, that decay (gun + ammo + amp) goes to the local loot pool.
If a monster gives damage, that armour/plates decay goes into the local loot pool.

But with healing it isn't tied to a mob.

So this implies all healing, whether you are hunting or healing from falling too far or whatever it might be, goes into the 'general' loot pool????

I guess then, that healing decay could be distributed to all Mobs equally (or based on health), i am just a little confused.

Rgds

Ace

I remember the days.....not so long ago....Where everyone complained about 50% returns, and NOONE believed the 90%+ returns rule.

Just amuses me.

Rgds

Ace

From reading the forum over the years I agree.

For the sake of stats my comparison was with the expected average return stated for my spending range stated by MA after Loot 2.0 was introduced.

Certainly was around 80% TT return prior to that.

Happy camper right here.

I actually was wondering, as well, how exactly it is they deal with healing costs in terms of returns as they imply in their dev notes that healing/armor costs are accounted for in loots, but not how..

Loot calculations will be optimized and improved to better factor in the various costs associated with hunting activity, including: healing, ammo consumption, buffs, tool and armor deterioration, attachments, and more.

I would love to see a green name chime in on this, since it would affect how I feel about using a healing item as part of my defensive setup, as it is currently, with me not owning adj/imp/mod fap and not owning adj/imp/mod resto I am extremely disinterested in hunting any mob where my armor cannot soak 90%+ of the damage as my healing tool is much less efficient now and I'm too unsure of how exactly my healing costs are accounted for/returned to me.

If I using a healing tool while a mob is hitting me, does it get factored into the costs associated with killing that mob, and therefore, the average value returned to me in loot for that kill?

What if I use a healing tool while multiple mobs are hitting me? Are the costs split between multiple mobs, or is the cost associated with the healing tool use given to all of the mobs who are hitting me, resulting in a possible exploit? Given to the mob who hit me most recently?

What if I use a healing tool while there is no mob hitting me? Were those healing costs wasted?

If not, is it avatar based? Is it put into a "global" pool? A "local" pool? Radius based?

Is it possibly based on whether or not you were targetting a mob when you use the healing tool?

Again, seeing a green name here would be great, and thanks Ace Flyster for bringing this up since I have been meaning to.

Last edited:

Just amuses me.

Rgds

Ace

Claims about 50% return over time are most of the time concluded to be faulty and not based on facts, this is people not keeping track of their shit.

For these stats presented it would be nice to see how many out of total active players during the period are at 94% or better.

I am thinking that we need to give this quite some time to balance out and we have all probably expected to much from the initial time after 2.0...doesn't really help that the 2.0 release was just before migration also and many are temped to shoot above their capabilities.

Claims about 50% return over time are most of the time concluded to be faulty

Agree, its wrong way to measure entertainment.
XX% return is wrong way to define what, how. on what level and how long you can play for price paid - for example 100 dollars.

*So -What is MA offer?
-What is price for that offer (service/entertainment/whatever)
-Did you got what was offered and paid ?
-Do you think that for that price other developers offer more entertainment?

Last edited:
It's nice from MA to post stats, but these are only good to themselves.
Without the pre 2.0 stats these averaged numbers are meaningless.

My own datas are on both and that sucked less before.

Back