Developer Notes 13 - Loot-2.0 Statistics

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Developer Notes #13 - Loot 2.0 Statistics[/h] The MindArk design team has been closely monitoring the impact of Loot 2.0, recently implemented in Version Update 15.15. We have also been following the many interesting and valuable discussions on community forums and thought it would be helpful to those discussions to share some hunting return statistics.

• Net return for all hunting activity since VU 15.15: 94.71%
  • Net return for hunters cycling at least 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%
  • Net return for hunters cycling at least 10,000 PED since VU 15.15: 94.79%
  • Net return for accounts created in 2017, cycling at least 100 PED since VU 15.15: 94.87%
  • Net return for accounts created in 2017: 93.47%
These return rates are very close to MindArk’s targets for Loot 2.0, and indicate that the changes implemented are working as intended. Of course, we will continue to monitor, tweak and improve moving forward.

Happy hunting!

Originally Posted Here

This is highly revealing in many ways; thanks for sharing.

wow, thx MA

[h=3]
These return rates are very close to MindArk’s targets for Loot 2.0, and indicate that the changes implemented are working as intended. Of course, we will continue to monitor, tweak and improve moving forward.
Happy hunting!

Originally Posted Here

I wonder what the actual targets are, and if working as intended, what the previous loot statistics were.

i would really want to know the old numbers, i have a feeling the people who did cycle atleast 100k ped did have higher number before.

Let the PCF shit show begin.

Happy Friday!

(Also thank you MindArk for this and all that you've been doing lately. +rep for your change of approach this year)

Pointless info unless we get the old info.
Are we getting robbed or rewarded?

If you had these returns mining, everyone would be happy.

The ONLY reason why we complain about hunting with these returns is lack of markup. This can be handled in some time with the direction they are currently taking.

I still dont like the volatility though.

It's all averages though, I am pretty sure they weren't too far off from these back in 1.0.

What i would like to know from MA is: do the buff now helps in getting a better return rate or not ?

Seems they do. There is a 3% gap.

•Net return for hunters cycling at least 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%
•Net return for hunters cycling at least 10,000 PED since VU 15.15: 94.79%

So those hunting 100K average returns are 97290 = -2710
Those hunting 10K average returns 9479 = -521

So let's say if I cycle 38 whips at 265 ped per whip+amp, that will cost me roughly $50
Maybe I could get more whips with 65.1% eco, who knows.

ok; I'll monitor that, at the start of August...smiles.

Plus I can tt loot and it won't have any effect on my ava.

Thanks for info.

Rick

Interesting info, thanks gentlemen.

Although the transparency is a great new direction to take, I would suggest that looking at these statistics would look quite hopeless for the uninformed player.

I would like to see some comments about mu% and game knowledge that are expected to be the path toward advancement and profit.. these stats taken by themselves can look bleak. Sprinkle in some good news please :)

Additionally I think the community would like some comments about the direction you are taking concerning the mentioned hunting specializations and ability to incrementally increase net loot returns that you brought up.

As many have noted.. loot 2.0 is fine provided markups increase. We've only gotten two new L gun bps and they've already made a big difference in robot loot markups. I imagine things will get better, but right now 97% for 101% markup on a 300k investment seems silly

New statistical data is pointless with out cross referencing from the old data.

Why does using IMK2+Amp over 150K cycled producing less than stated %?

New statistical data is pointless with out cross referencing from the old data.

Why does using IMK2+Amp over 150K cycled producing less than stated %?

Only becouse 1 person have less it does not mean everyone have....

And yes everyone should be able to have a bad period without people screaming sky is falling...

Interesting numbers. Would also be interesting to see some other stats such as the mean, median, mode, distribution curves, etc. It would also be cool if we could somehow see our own personal percentile ranking.

There have been some nice juicy hofs since Loot2.0 which would be helping the net return numbers.

So do these numbers tell us there are people who have actually fingered out Loot 2.0 or is it just that some have luckboxed some big hofs?

Only becouse 1 person have less it does not mean everyone have....

And yes everyone should be able to have a bad period without people screaming sky is falling...

I was just going to say that Xpl0jd (you) just stated on stream that loot 2.0 has been good for you, and you use an imk2. Plus its been not even a month in loot 2.0. Everyone needs to relax and chill

wow, nice feedback from MA to cool most of us down a bit :cool:

So let's say if I cycle 38 whips at 265 ped per whip+amp, that will cost me roughly $50
Maybe I could get more whips with 65.1% eco, who knows.

ok; I'll monitor that, at the start of August...smiles.

Plus I can tt loot and it won't have any effect on my ava.

Thanks for info.

Rick

Just wondering Rick, you always compare your taming results with hunting results.
But is this correct?

When taming you need a take in account the time needed after a failed taming result.
According to my loot theory this extra regen means extra costs, thus decreasing your nett returns.

Or do you just use the wips as standard weapon, so without the taming attempts?

Just wondering Rick, you always compare your taming results with hunting results.
But is this correct?

When taming you need a take in account the time needed after a failed taming result.
According to my loot theory this extra regen means extra costs, thus decreasing your nett returns.

Or do you just use the whips as standard weapon, so without the taming attempts?

I used to do a ton of laser rifle hunting and pyro. But I don't have an A105 anymore, nor any really big unlimited chips or MF amps.

So I'm focusing on the only decent weapon I have
, which is the adjusted bolga and IV amp. It suits my budget to be honest right now.

The taming successes are far more than taming fails, especially with a perfected taming ring. Plus generally there's no overkill, because I can tame a devil anywhere between 45%+ of the mobs HP (usually 60 - 80%). If say one in 20 devils means waiting time for HP regain to enable a tame attempt, I will just kill that mob.

So it should be one of the most eco ways to hunt in game. Taming is the same as hunting with an extra twist.

If MA switch off loot on the taming server, that's when the issues hit (if that's how it works).

I did some whipping of LT's for migration, it was more of an experiment. It did trigger globals and I had a 3 or 4 good runs with the whip. But migration returns can turn south fast.

I like the extra skill you can get, running a taming skill gain pet as well.

I turned over a lot whips recently so I can't complain about LT's cleaning me out....smiles.

Roll on pay day.

Rick

Thanks for posting this! Readers can take it as they may, but I for one just love to see the effort and communication from MA.
Keep it up! Don't be a stranger

This is pointless without the pre- loot 2.0 data.

Markup will slowly grow with current droprate. There are still too many guns that dropped pre 2.0 that are still for sale now, give it some time ..

But is this correct?

Or do you just use the wips as standard weapon, so without the taming attempts?

But... Taming u also don't have to get HP to zero...

Now mindark devs if u read this where the hell is the taming equivalent to iron missions? A nice repeatable iron type mission for successful taming attempts would be nice. Make it repeatable since so few mob types actually are tameable now. Iron on same mob would be nice too so u can run them parallel in case mob dies

[h=3]Developer Notes #13 - Loot 2.0 Statistics[/h] The MindArk design team has been closely monitoring the impact of Loot 2.0, recently implemented in Version Update 15.15. We have also been following the many interesting and valuable discussions on community forums and thought it would be helpful to those discussions to share some hunting return statistics.

• Net return for all hunting activity since VU 15.15: 94.71%
  • Net return for hunters cycling at least 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%
  • Net return for hunters cycling at least 10,000 PED since VU 15.15: 94.79%
  • Net return for accounts created in 2017, cycling at least 100 PED since VU 15.15: 94.87%
  • Net return for accounts created in 2017: 93.47%

Happy hunting!

Originally Posted Here

Interesting.
I like statistics. Not sure I like these numbers tho but thank you for coming forward. Good food for thought for everyone. Good news is also that you are talking into account possible tweaking and improvement.

Looking forward for more fun communication from the design team!
Let's get to ...more testing then.

Last edited:
5%~ average for MA sounds a bit too high in my opinion, expected 2-3%, would be more fair counting actual average MU value of loot and the amount of PED one player can cicle in one day, otherwise in my case "mid level" player, paying 30$ ~ per day sounds not very affordable.

Back