Is Mindark trying to revive a long lost market economy?

One last one....cause i actually thought this hilarious.

40k people logged in to eudoria at the same time.

MA couldnt handle 200 people on the same server back then.

ROFL

Rgds

Ace

dat lag tho :laugh:

You answered your own question - because there's no MU on the projectiles. I personally don't understand why anybody does craft them - it just seems like a guaranteed loss.
Because the market value of their only material is 100%.

I only do bonus dailies when they come around, but I definitely use my mod merc for those chirpies, gibnibs, etc so I can get back to big mobs :laugh:
Bukins can get 3 hits on a chirpy before it runs out of range if you stand on the bird before opening fire. 4 if you face the direction it's going to run in, or open fire from said direction at max range. So can most minor pistols.

Here is todays numbers from Tracker

Hunters in ped which is only globals and HOFs 5 393 795 PED
Miners as above 552 305 PED
Crafters as above 3 692 235

This does not include all other loot less than globals. This is in the past week

I don't know how much of crafting is from EPs but todays thus this far it is 416 289 this is today only! Over 10% of the total for the week in one day.

Now tell me more why you think crafters would get consideration when hunting is 3.3M ped more in loot and thus more turnover in ped.

Bukins can get 3 hits on a chirpy before it runs out of range if you stand on the bird before opening fire. 4 if you face the direction it's going to run in, or open fire from said direction at max range. So can most minor pistols.
Lefty how do you know which direction it is going to run ? Even with select target they are still hard to hit. I am not sure what bukins rifle you are talking about but the one I know of fires 44 p/s and the Kallous-6 CDF I use is 64 p/s and I can hardly get more that 2 shots before I have to chase any of bonus mobs. And BTW the range of both are about the same. Sorry but on this one you are very much incorrect. OR we can meet up in game and you can show me, we will have someone to hold the bet:)

how do you know which direction it is going to run ?

Gibnib always runs straight north, chirpy always runs straight south. I don't remember about fugabarba, haven't had that one for a long time.

I prefer very fast weapons, like Piron PBP-xx (L), 85 rpm, and approaching the mob from the opposite direction (i.e. gibnib from south) so that I don't have to turn.

Also, if it evades, don't chase it. Stand still, and it will stop as soon as it disappears from your radar. Then you walk up to it and try again.

Gibnib always runs straight north, chirpy always runs straight south. I don't remember about fugabarba, haven't had that one for a long time.

I prefer very fast weapons, like Piron PBP-xx (L), 85 rpm, and approaching the mob from the opposite direction (i.e. gibnib from south) so that I don't have to turn.

Also, if it evades, don't chase it. Stand still, and it will stop as soon as it disappears from your radar. Then you walk up to it and try again.

I'll have to check this. If you've sent me on a snipe hunt, congratz!

(I always thought they ran straight for water.)

Hopefully loot 2.0 won't end up like the 'modified loot' update.

Last edited:

Next time if I remember I will check it out.

Well you made me look, but I you are not correct. I did two of each and they both went north for me at least. I will check on my next run. Anyone else want to check there plenty north of PA with all the puntines.

Well you made me look, but I you are not correct. I did two of each and they both went north for me at least. I will check on my next run. Anyone else want to check there plenty north of PA with all the puntines.

Interesting. I'll check it, too - it might be that running direction depends on server, not on species.

Lefty how do you know which direction it is going to run ? Even with select target they are still hard to hit. I am not sure what bukins rifle you are talking about but the one I know of fires 44 p/s and the Kallous-6 CDF I use is 64 p/s and I can hardly get more that 2 shots before I have to chase any of bonus mobs. And BTW the range of both are about the same. Sorry but on this one you are very much incorrect. OR we can meet up in game and you can show me, we will have someone to hold the bet:)
In a given area on a given day, all birdies run the same direction. Just test one and watch.

Either of the Bukins Spare Rifles work fine, the relevant variables are Attacks and Range. Stand on the bird before opening fire.

I'd be happy to demonstrate with my non-adjusted bukins.

I'll have to check this. If you've sent me on a snipe hunt, congratz!

(I always thought they ran straight for water.)
I can only rule this out by a hair, that hair being that on different days the chirpies just NW of PA run different directions (North, NNE, Northeast in the test I did last year).

Medusa head is place to swunt chirpues since walls trap em

i dont think loot 2.0 is meant to revive any economy.

i think its simply mindarks plan b which has been in their drawer for some time now in case someone finds out how the loot system works.

joda is posting about lootwaves and presents software solutions how to detect the waves and suddenly mindark patches the system and announces further work on it... the lootwave posts hit them like a truck.

mindark just told you all that these are long term planned improvements which they wanted to do all the time now and such yaddayadda cause they cant officially admit that someone beat the system.

i would believe that they work on economy improvements if they actually work on and also repair systems which are solely meant for keeping the economy up. i wrote it many times on this forum if there are no consumer gameplay features there is a ressource overflow in the ingame market which destroys MU. its a simply market formula which is not in the interest of mindark cause it would lead to a major deflux of deposits.

Back