Major concern regarding teaming and shared loot in Loot 2.0

Status
Actually I like the idea. I will go to the shared loot events with my almighty Bukin gun and will get the same loot as a guy which makes 100 DPS! Add me in!!!

Actually I like the idea. I will go to the shared loot events with my almighty Bukin gun and will get the same loot as a guy which makes 100 DPS! Add me in!!!

What idea?
Im simply raising the issue with sharing loot based on damage when the loot is generated solely on ped input and not actual damage

What idea?
Im simply raising the issue with sharing loot based on damage when the loot is generated solely on ped input and not actual damage

So... I hunt puny. 10 hp. I use super-duper-puper gun which hits for 200 damage per shot. So the mob should drop a loot equal to 20 puny killed? The income of MA is based not on the damage but on the cost of kill. If distributing the loot is done on cost of kill of the players it only will encourage the cheaters which will not try to damage the mob but will try to use as much as inefficient gun as possible.
The OP simply whines why MA doesn't give him more loot after he uses an expensive UL gun while some guy with 300 PED Limited gun makes 2 times more damage and gets 2 times more loot.

So... I hunt puny. 10 hp. I use super-duper-puper gun which hits for 200 damage per shot. So the mob should drop a loot equal to 20 puny killed? The income of MA is based not on the damage but on the cost of kill. If distributing the loot is done on cost of kill of the players it only will encourage the cheaters which will not try to damage the mob but will try to use as much as inefficient gun as possible.
The OP simply whines why MA doesn't give him more loot after he uses an expensive UL gun while some guy with 300 PED Limited gun makes 2 times more damage and gets 2 times more loot.

I think you might be confused as to what this topic is about :scratch2:

I think you might be confused as to what this topic is about :scratch2:

It may be so. Actually I thought it is about something, then decided it may be about something different etc. Because I read and read and read the original post and cannot see where is the problem. Besides the whining of course:
this means that high eco players are gonna leech a lot of peds off the lower eco ones
WTF? Why it shouldn't be so (besides the whining)?

It may be so. Actually I thought it is about something, then decided it may be about something different etc. Because I read and read and read the original post and cannot see where is the problem. Besides the whining of course:

WTF? Why it shouldn't be so (besides the whining)?

Because it completely ruins team hunting and shared loot mobs as an unintended consequence of their changes to the loot system with loot 2.0. Shared loot and team hunting used to be an even playing field between players involved. It is not any longer.

It is a big problem which needs to be addressed and fixed.

Shared loot and team hunting used to be an even playing field between players involved. It is not any longer.

No, it never was due to the items. Because of the items the players with most damage are getting several times their "damage" share, while the players with the low damage are getting much less (then the "damage share").
Perfect system doesn't exist. But the rules have to exists. Once there are rules it is up to you to play according to them or not. As well as up to you to invest in expensive more efficient gear or to use gear making 1.5 DPP and to want to be compensated for your own faults on the expenses of the players which stick to rules and try to play as efficient as possible. Of course I understand such player may be used to game the system sacrificing the efficiency and using 1.5 DPP gear but getting extremely high DPS and thus "harvesting" the items... but why MA should change the rules accommodating such players?

Last edited:
Since high DPP will yeld more MU loot and less sharpnel, you want this to be fixed as well with shared loot, and have the super eco people get all items/MU loot, and non-eco people to not be able to get items from shared too?

Since high DPP will yeld more MU loot and less sharpnel, you want this to be fixed as well with shared loot, and have the super eco people get all items/MU loot, and non-eco people to not be able to get items from shared too?

Everything "super-duper" in this game has a tradeoff. Super eco ppl pay extremely high MU for their super eco gear. This is an investment - and they get royalties from their investment. And no - I don't have neither the avatar stats not the financial possibility to buy super eco sttuff.

What I wouldn't like is the ppl to try to game the system using inefficient gear and crying "MA have to compensate me because my gear sux"

Also: MA stated the max efficiency rating - give only 7% difference in the composition of the loot, and quiet the opposite - the guy with bad efficiency but high DPS want to get all the items in shared loot, although he reduces the number of the items for all the party.

Last edited:
Everything "super-duper" in this game has a tradeoff. Super eco ppl pay extremely high MU for their super eco gear. This is an investment - and they get royalties from their investment. And no - I don't have neither the avatar stats not the financial possibility to buy super eco sttuff.

What I wouldn't like is the ppl to try to game the system using inefficient gear and crying "MA have to compensate me because my gear sux"

Also: MA stated the max efficiency rating - give only 7% difference in the composition of the loot, and quiet the opposite - the guy with bad efficiency but high DPS want to get all the items in shared loot, although he reduces the number of the items for all the party.

My question was towards Mathilda and not a direct question to you.
I agree with most of what you are saying.

But if Mathilda wants shared loot to be fixed somehow, my question remains, as high DPP (nothing to do with efficiency) give you more items/MU loot and less sharpnel, should items/MU loot only go to the ones with high DPP and not shared like today (damage input gives a certain % of chance)?

But if Mathilda wants shared loot to be fixed somehow, my question remains, as high DPP (nothing to do with efficiency) give you more items/MU loot and less sharpnel, should items/MU loot only go to the ones with high DPP and not shared like today (damage input gives a certain % of chance)?

They take them anyway. Here, on the forum, some1 made calculations and it appeared the few top players (damage wise) get 50% of the items. But if you don't leave a chance for the lesser dmg players they simply will not participate. Which gradually over time will kill the shared loot idea. The team hunt will remain but there the participants often agree to split the items AND you don't get shared damage when hunting in teams.

Last edited:
Just want to bump this. With the recent introduction of very high DPP amps (~4.5 DPP instead of 3.9 that the a106 has) this has become an extremely urgent issue...

Just want to bump this. With the recent introduction of very high DPP amps (~4.5 DPP instead of 3.9 that the a106 has) this has become an extremely urgent issue...

Dont forget the 4% crit pills!

Dont forget the 4% crit pills!

Both (L), and the high damage amps are likely to be used for competition.

Players currently using your newly released buff pills to try to leech PED from other players at Shared Loot areas.

Please fix your game.

angry feffoids bump!! notice an increase in sales of accu/devastim ?

I mean really... just keep doing these shared events. And keep knowing you're screwing some people over with broken loot distribution...

And you should also nerf my loot some more too.

Reactions: das
At first I thought this was a problem too but having thought about it more I think its actually good the way it is. Loot 2.0 closed the gap between top players and your average joe and moved away from the dpp is king model making top gear/most skills less relevant. So having shared loot be something that those at the top of the ladder skill/gear wise can consistently profit from whilst also letting gamblers/ fun players try and roll items (which is still random) is a positive imo and helps some of the top dpp gear maintain at least some of its value. Most Skills/Top gear need to have payoff otherwise game becomes pointless and i think having them dominate shared loot is a decent compromise compared to the unsustainable way they dominated all hunting in loot 1.0.

At first I thought this was a problem too but having thought about it more I think its actually good the way it is. Loot 2.0 closed the gap between top players and your average joe and moved away from the dpp is king model making top gear/most skills less relevant. So having shared loot be something that those at the top of the ladder skill/gear wise can consistently profit from whilst also letting gamblers/ fun players try and roll items (which is still random) is a positive imo and helps some of the top dpp gear maintain at least some of its value. Most Skills/Top gear need to have payoff otherwise game becomes pointless and i think having them dominate shared loot is a decent compromise compared to the unsustainable way they dominated all hunting in loot 1.0.

I can guarantee you that 90% of the people shooting at shared loot is not aware that they are losing 20% of their TT return to the stacked guy next to them, and i mean 90% of the people who arent showing up with their delta amps and accustims

edit: by stacked i mean a shitton of buffs, not necessarily using buff stack bug

Last edited:
Im sure this is good for new player retention rate, doing feffoid arena for some daily tokens or exploring and ending up in a robot attack and getting cleaned out in less than an hour

How does the game become pointless? Having better gear still increases return rates and loot composition, players with high skills and high efficiency/dpp gear can still easily generate profit by going out and hunting mobs which drop items with high markup if they are careful and smart with their gameplay.

MindArk themselves have admitted that their current system for Shared Loot is an oudated one and will need to be revamped into a cost-split rather than damage-split system already in another thread. It's been at least two or three month since then, but it's MindArk so that's expected.

I don't get how brainwashed you have to be to be cool with ubers coming in and gearing up maliciously with acc enhancers and stacking pills to try to essentially steal from the costs other players are incurring, it is not okay, shared loot is meant to be a fun event for all to enjoy hunting some big exciting mobs together, not an event which revolves around players trying to steal from one another.

I don't get how brainwashed you have to be to be cool with ubers coming in and gearing up maliciously with acc enhancers and stacking pills to try to essentially steal from the costs other players are incurring, it is not okay, shared loot is meant to be a fun event for all to enjoy hunting some big exciting mobs together, not an event which revolves around players trying to steal from one another.

This is how Entropia works. Since day 0. And still is, it's still PVP, you play against other players trying to get markup.
Markup is , according to you, "stealing"? It's supposed to be fun, why do you want to get 1k% on that 12 PED tt ESI? It's 12 PED, why not sell for 12 PED?

Whenever you buy a better weapon, you are "maliciously gearing up to steal" more loot? Because, pre loot 2.0, if you were a noob and noticed loot improvement with better dpp, you would try to loose less by gearing up. At the point where you would have been break even, you would continue to improve equipment, hoping for 100%+ tt return, right? At least that's what a smart person would do, if your answer is no. Besides fun, this game is also an investment, people put in money hoping for more. Those who understood the system, put in even more.

Even if the loot 2.0 update fucked up the ubers and the dpp gear you are referring to, not much changed in the hating/whining groups. Still clueless, still hatin'. Still no research, no asking the right questions the right people, same ignorance and at the same time, expectations to profit with the first stick you pick from the floor and poking the first mob you encounter....

Do you know how many big ESIs have dropped on Hogglo Diablo event? To people without good dpp, buffs, dps... TONS! Isn't that good enough? fun enough?

Last edited:
This is how Entropia works. Since day 0. And still is, it's still PVP, you play against other players trying to get markup.
Markup is , according to you, "stealing"? It's supposed to be fun, why do you want to get 1k% on that 12 PED tt ESI? It's 12 PED, why not sell for 12 PED?

Whenever you buy a better weapon, you are "maliciously gearing up to steal" more loot? Because, pre loot 2.0, if you were a noob and noticed loot improvement with better dpp, you would try to loose less by gearing up. At the point where you woudl hae been break even, you would continue to improve equipment, hoping for 100%+ tt return, right? At least that's what a smart person would do, if your answer is no. Besides fun, this game is also an investment, people put in money hoping for more. Those who understood the system, put in even more.

Even if the loot 2.0 update fucked up the ubers and the dpp gear you are referring to, not much changed in the hating/whining groups. Still clueless, still hatin'. Still no research, no asking the right questions the right people, same ignorance and at the same time, expectations to profit with the first stick you pick from the floor and poking the first mob you encounter....

Do you know how many big ESIs have dropped on Hogglo Diablo event? To people without good dpp, buffs, dps... TONS! Isn't that good enough? fun enough?

I understand your reply, but I don't think it's the proper response to his statement as only one sentence in the multiple paragraphs above grazes his point. There was nothing at all in the statement that is referring to markup.

The issue he's stating is that you can Delta amp, pill stack to 10% FB and 140% crit, full accu ens and do 4.0 dpp vs a bunch of 3.0 dpp users. Effectively taking 25% of the other users TT return. Nothing to do with markup looted. Everyone who has half a brain can comprehend that MU is developed in the loot by collective DPP being low and distribution is based on damage dealt - nothing to do with DPP.

Is it wrong that people can gear up to take 25%? I personally don't really think so, but I can see how some would. It's an investment into better results, and yes, this is a PvP type gain.

MA has taken the impact of EST and tt profit off their bottom line and put it to the players. It is extremely clever for them. Now high crit/crit dmg players can leech profits off the other players directly! :rolleyes:

MA really need to change this shared loot system.

Allowing a super buffed up hunter with over 4 dpp shoot same mob that a noob with under 3 dpp shoots is just wrong!!!!!(it's like allowing noobs to get exploited - ofc the great gear buffed hunters enjoy the boosted tt return and will say anything to enourage noobs to atend shared loot events)

The uber gear hunter can do well on solo hunting also (so investing in good gear still works).

Anybody wonder why Messi is no longer monthly top hunter???

Perhaps we can get a statement on where the Dev Team is planning to head with the shared loot situation.

Whether they plan to change it to share by cost, or keep the status quo and share by damage?

Zho

I understand your reply, but I don't think it's the proper response to his statement as only one sentence in the multiple paragraphs above grazes his point. There was nothing at all in the statement that is referring to markup.

The issue he's stating is that you can Delta amp, pill stack to 10% FB and 140% crit, full accu ens and do 4.0 dpp vs a bunch of 3.0 dpp users. Effectively taking 25% of the other users TT return. Nothing to do with markup looted. Everyone who has half a brain can comprehend that MU is developed in the loot by collective DPP being low and distribution is based on damage dealt - nothing to do with DPP.

Is it wrong that people can gear up to take 25%? I personally don't really think so, but I can see how some would. It's an investment into better results, and yes, this is a PvP type gain.

Distribution is not based on damage dealt - if I understood correctly. For example, the ESIs in hogglo diablos, where I cycled 50k ped in the past weekend, were not dropping to the highest DPS, but t random players, actually they were dropping more to lower DPS, players that were just arriving there or were shooting for a little while. Especially the big ones, 60 PED+

I see your point. However, you cannot take the markpup out of the discussion. TT is something you can control in order to get MU. Invest in gear and pills, get cheap MU. And by pills, I dont mean using exploit to stack, just regular 10mg pills. But to say it's maliciously gearing u to buy a delta and 10mg pills, is really silly. This is how this games works. This is why people play it. Rest assured, if in a RCE there would have been no prospect for profit , the game would have died long ago. The game needs investors and casual players alike in order to function.

Status
Back