Major concern regarding teaming and shared loot in Loot 2.0

Status
erm, nope.
One of the reasons for taking extreme examples is so that people can more easily see underlying mechanics, which sometimes throws things off whack too, depending on where curves cross over etc. My example does show that things are different, but places the wrong emphasis on inefficiency, as opposed to super high efficiency.

In my example of 90:10 on what used to have been nominally a 20 ped mob, say, and both players doing half damage, on old loot the two players would have received 10 peds each back.
Now, without MA's rake it would be 50 peds back each. See what is happening there?

In more realistic conditions it is not that severe of course, but the effect IS there in shared 2.0 that was NOT there in shared 1.x! Things have NOT stayed the same. How well do things have to be explained here? I admit that a more realistic example would be to have the super-efficient player incur much lower costs than normal to reduce the loot returns by MA, but still in favour of the better player. In my example it looks like MA is paying out more than before to the useless player, but that is part of an attempt to show that the lines HAVE changed. The actual scenario is more like MA paying out less than 20 peds in a (more) skewed way now... (I agree with the original skewing as part of skills benefits).

Still, the Monty Hall problem even had mathematicians arguing with each other, so not getting it is not something to be ashamed about.... However, are you really trying to understand how things might not be the same, or do you just firmly believe they are?

I know that they are. Your post makes no sense at all.

I think they should just leave shared the way it is, pre 2.0 and have a disclaimer or even a pill that you have to take before doing shared (like PVP4). Then for team hunting, they should have an option to have it based on cost, so instead of people choosing "by damage done", select "by cost" or something like that to give team hunting their own option of how they want it distributed. Team hunting would then still be possible.

That might please both loot 1.0 players and loot 2.0 players in this game and invested gear would still be relevent.
If you think you have the DPP to do well in shared then go for it, if you don't thats entirely on you and no one is forcing you to do shared.

I've been thinking along similar lines. Either move all shared loot to Next Island :wtg: (although PPs probably wouldn't like that), or shove it into instances, with additional warnings attached (although auction teaches us people don't really read warnings).

Not sure what would be the best solution but perhaps the most annoying feature of the current setup is people spamming chats for "help" with shared loot. For some reason they don't want to admit they're looking for sponsors. :laugh:

So ok, you guys won:

New Features

[*]The loot calculation for creatures with shared loot is now based on each avatar’s input, rather than damage. (Optimal loot is calculated based on the performance of all avatars involved in the creature kill).

Thread can be closed

:locked:

Status
Back