Major concern regarding teaming and shared loot in Loot 2.0

Status
Distribution is not based on damage dealt - if I understood correctly. For example, the ESIs in hogglo diablos, where I cycled 50k ped in the past weekend, were not dropping to the highest DPS, but t random players, actually they were dropping more to lower DPS, players that were just arriving there or were shooting for a little while. Especially the big ones, 60 PED+

I see your point. However, you cannot take the markpup out of the discussion. TT is something you can control in order to get MU. Invest in gear and pills, get cheap MU. And by pills, I dont mean using exploit to stack, just regular 10mg pills. But to say it's maliciously gearing u to buy a delta and 10mg pills, is really silly. This is how this games works. This is why people play it. Rest assured, if in a RCE there would have been no prospect for profit , the game would have died long ago. The game needs investors and casual players alike in order to function.

I do agree with you, this is a PvP oriented purchase and is an investment you make fully well knowing the results of your investment. I don't think it's wrong, it's plain as day this is how it works and everyone has the same chance to take advantage.

I did get quite basic with my distribution logic, and can make sense of what you saw. With shared loot distribution, there are checks for DPS, but when a multiplier comes in which throws the item value way over what that DPS would average in a split, we get some weird results. (This is how I believe it to work based on experience, can't say it's the truth, but I play a lot and made quite some money at shared early on when I was noob DPS)

Situation 1:

Player 1 does 33% of the damage
Player 2 does 33% of the damage
Player 3 does 33% of the damage
Player 4 does 1% of the damage

Loot is a 1300 ped hof, with a full TT ESI (oh how lovely it would be eh?)

The ESI is 96% of the loot, no player did 96% damage, so that item is left to random distribution.

Situation 1:

Player 1 does 53% of the damage
Player 2 does 23% of the damage
Player 3 does 23% of the damage

Loot is a 1300 ped hof, with a 500 ped ESI. ESI is 38% of the loot and player 1 having been the only one to exceed 38% should get the item.

Player 1 does 53% of the damage
Player 2 does 23% of the damage
Player 3 does 23% of the damage

Loot is a 1300 ped hof, with a 500 ped ESI. ESI is 38% of the loot and player 1 having been the only one to exceed 38% should get the item.

No, I don't think it works like that.
Shrapnel + other stackables get divided by %. Esi goes to random player regardless of the % dmg dealt. Otherwise how come a LR45 weapon could have gotten the 420 PED ESI that dropped in the 1st hour of diablos while plenty of guns were shooting the mob? The items are random my dude... that's why shared is still fun, that's why there are players that do one shot with tt gun in shared mobs. Once every few years they get the item :D

Why would u keep posting about items in shared loot???
Read the first post again maybe u see it's about tt return.....

Shrapnel + other stackables get divided by %. Esi goes to random player regardless of the % dmg dealt. Otherwise how come a LR45 weapon could have gotten the 420 PED ESI that dropped in the 1st hour of diablos while plenty of guns were shooting the mob? The items are random my dude... that's why shared is still fun, that's why there are players that do one shot with tt gun in shared mobs. Once every few years they get the item :D

Ah yes I did not account for Shrap being included in that percentage but I do believe the point is still valid. The LR45 weapon could loot the 420 PED ESI if no one else had done enough % to match that portion of the loot, it then got randomized. If 420 ped ESI were 30% of the loot, player would need to do enough damage that their % based shared of that loot would be enough to include shrapnel and 420 PED ESI - else it's randomized completely.

Why would u keep posting about items in shared loot???
Read the first post again maybe u see it's about tt return.....

It's pretty easy. Sometimes it's worth it to go for the shared due to items drop, regardless of the dpp.
The average dpp increased a lot throughout the hunters and the gaps closed. Plus, there will always be someone well above others, some will never read nor understand these concepts and don't care. Even if we warned ppl not to shoot nonshared, for those who did not notice the shared icon missing, they still did. Still got lucky with esi or hof so everyone was happy there while ppl bitching in the corners.

I saw people with Hotfoot amps, people with eamp amps, people without any buffs, people in perseus calling others idiots for silly reasons...
And this thread is like telling people to stay away from EP. A Ton of players still do it and don't care. Don't be so stiff :)

Perhaps we can get a statement on where the Dev Team is planning to head with the shared loot situation.

Whether they plan to change it to share by cost, or keep the status quo and share by damage?

Zho

You've always been so much more optimistic than me bro :D

Items are not 'random'. Your chance of getting it scales also with damage dealt.

Someone who does 50% of total damage will have 50% chance of getting that item.

Someone who does 25% will have 25% and so on...

Last edited:
Items are not 'random'. Your chance of getting it scales also with damage dealt.

Someone who does 50% of total damage will have 50% change of getting that item.

They have chance to get it, it is not guaranteed to get it.
Also opalo dude with smallest damage could get it as smallest chance is still chance.

They have chance to get it, it is not guaranteed to get it.
Also opalo dude with smallest damage could get it as smallest chance is still chance.

Yes, I also have a chance to win the lottery...which is basically what the opalo guy is doing.

You totally missed the point I was trying to make. Those with high DPP don't just benefit from more stackables per cost, they get higher chance of looting the item for the same cost..

Someone who does 50% of total damage will have 50% chance of getting that item.

Where did you get this from? I'm not saying it's not true but... it's not ;)
Esi drop was completely random in the shared event.
Do you think your theory still stands if, let'x take for example hunter X and hunter Y, where X does 3 times less damage than Y, think X can get 3 times more ESI than Y in a shared event?

Do you think your theory still stands if, let'x take for example hunter X and hunter Y, where X does 3 times less damage than Y, think X can get 3 times more ESI than Y in a shared event?

My sample is pretty much limited (we usually do symmetric duo, asymmetric only for teh daily tokenz) but it seems the rat doing 2/3 of the damage gets ~2/3 of the items.

There's another thing... whoever is lucky enough to get an item, still gets their x% of shrap. That skews loot distribution to those who are already lucky.

Trying graphically:

loot_818740.jpg

My sample is pretty much limited (we usually do symmetric duo, asymmetric only for teh daily tokenz) but it seems the rat doing 2/3 of the damage gets ~2/3 of the items.

Limited samples are... well... limited. You kind of need big samples over long periods of time to come up with solid numbers. Otherwise it's just feels like it's that way... Zho's statement was that someone that does 50% dmg in a shared has 50% chances which is not true.

This wasn't even about items.

Where did you get this from? I'm not saying it's not true but... it's not ;)
Esi drop was completely random in the shared event.

No, that's wrong.

If X does 3x less damage, that means Y will have 3x the chance that X would have to loot the ESI.

If X had 2% chance, Y would have 6%, for example.

So, if there are 200 ESIs looted between X and Y, X would loot 50 of them while Y would loot 150.

Any other way of distributing the loot would be idiotic for shared loot split based on damage.

What you are saying above is POSSIBLE though in short term, just as it is possible to roll heads on a coin 10 times in a row, or shoot multiple throws of a dice on the same side. Low probability But in the long run, it would even out.

Last edited:
Also, this:

8pn6rYU.png

No, that's wrong.

If X does 3x less damage, that means Y will have 3x the change that X would have to loot the ESI.

If X had 2% chance, Y would have 6%, for example.

So, if there are 200 ESI events between X and Y, X would loot 50 of them while Y would loot 150.

Any other way of distributing the loot would be idiotic for shared loot split based on damage.

Wrong how? Immoral? :laugh:

That was not a theoretical example, but a real sample, few hundred thousand PEDs spent and the outcome was the one I mentioned. If you find it idiotic it doesn't mean it's not true, no matter how much you frown upon it. Same thing in non shared pre loot 2.0 - samples of over 3mil PEDs.
DPS has very little to do with the rare item loot. I know it feels counter intuitive and you don't like it, but, it's really random per avatar. EXACTLY how you find situations where people that open tens of thousands of boxes have the same chances as the guy that opens 20, to find a ring.

In this game no one trusts anyone and everyone has the right theory about things :laugh:

In this game no one trusts anyone and everyone has the right theory about things :laugh:

Hold on Papi....I trust someone :p

Hold on Papi....I trust someone :p

OK, I see where I did wrong, I have to mention that I was referring to loot theories and such :laugh:
Sorry Kitty ;)

OK, I see where I did wrong, I have to mention that I was referring to loot theories and such :laugh:
Sorry Kitty ;)

:love::hug:

the more bumps the better
hopefully MA will do something about it

problems like this being left ignored and unresolved for so long (amongst many others) make me wonder if there is a single person at MindArk who even cares about EU anymore or if they all just sit around playing other games and staring at bitcoin charts

seriously guys it's your job, work on your game, stop with the random distractions

problems like this being left ignored and unresolved for so long (amongst many others) make me wonder if there is a single person at MindArk who even cares about EU anymore or if they all just sit around playing other games and staring at bitcoin charts

seriously guys it's your job, work on your game, stop with the random distractions

There has been quite a lack of response from MA but that is their usual M.O. however sad that is.

I thought perhaps now that there was a new CEO we would at least get some sort of correspondence or attempt at a road-map for what will be happening in the near future of the game.

The issues that are raised in this thread ARE concerning, especially since there is such a culture of "i am smarter than everyone else and therefore i deserve it," those that pray off of the uninformed/"dumber" and newer player base. Guaranteed there have been a good amount of players that were soured after losing so many PEDS in these shared events. This is not the way you want to set up a game for longterm success of a playerbase. The game is already in a piss poor state as is IMO.

I also don't mind expensive items themselves granting advantage as that is the reason they should be expensive but the advantage should be within reason and i don't know how well thought out some of these newer melee ultra efficient blades and mayhem guns are especially when given the added buffs of extremely high efficiency amps as you have all said and this is with regards to how they effect shared events. Also the pill stacking "feature" that many were using was just adding to their benefit.

In shared loot this just becomes a system that seems incredibly broken. Anyone that doesn't see this is blinded by your greed.

The way this is setup will not bring players into wanting to participate in shared loot when all most will get is bigger losses and perhaps in rare occasions get a nice item that pays the odd lucky person back.

It would be nice to have some larger tests on how well low to mid level players fare when shooting for 8 hours on a shared loot mob that messi and a bunch of EST wearers with high eff weapons. I would garner these would be very expensive tests with lots of losses. I know after having some pretty decent losses recently in hunting shared mobs i will not participate.

I put more effort in the 15 minutes I spent making this meme than every single employee at MindArk combined has put into trying to fix this for the last 6 months

82Chv6f.png

Last edited:
Noobs getting robbed on feffoid shared wave event everyday .....bump

Noobs getting robbed on feffoid shared wave event everyday .....bump

So let me summarize what is going on here. Mr Hoost sold his gear and now has a problem with anyone that has higher dpp then him :laugh:

Same fucking story since 2004....they dont want to invest in gear.

Also i wonder what MA will say about you trying to convince ppls to stop hunting in the game. Well, we shell see about that :dunce:

Status
Back