Meat = two birds with one stone maybe?

Lunareth

Mature
Lunareth Luna Moon
So I was team hunting Longtooths with a friend earlier this morning and joked about it being a waste that we take skin and oil but leave the meat on the animals.

But maybe the meat can be just what we need. So here is my suggestion (feel free to tell me/us why it is a bad idea by commenting).

A lot of people complain about loot having too much shrapnel now, so my suggestion is to lower the amount of shrapnel in the loot by introducing meat in the game by hunting mobs. There should be different types of meat depending on what you hunt since the meat is going to be used in my second suggestion which is cooking (I'll come back to this later down). So i.e. from fish mobs you get one type of meat and land animals can be categorized to give different types of meat (obviously mobs like robots, feffoids and such shouldn't give meat, cuz well robots and mutant meat can't be good for your health).

So what do you do with the meat? You cook it obviously. So how do you cook it? Well not in the crafting slot machine. My suggestion is for MA to finally make use for all the housing they have in game by making players furniture their houses with an actual kitchen where you cook the meat with other stuff (like fruit and items you can grow in the new land plot thingy). To make it more advanced they could give crafters new bps, with new stoves, pots and pans etc to make different recipes etc. So what will the cooked food do? Buffs is what I was thinking of. So like pills and such the food can give temporary buffs (that aren't overpowered, very important that the food buffs are balanced well so they give decent buffs that don't kill the market for rings and such). So different recipes (bps?) can lead to different types of meals that give different buffs. MA could even introduce cooking as a profession/skill.

Well I could go on all day about how this could benefit the game, but I'd like to hear what other people think. I've pretty much only been doing hunting, so know little to nothing about crafting/mining. In short the introduction of meat could benefit the "trinity" of professions in the game. Hunters get meat in the loot which = MU, crafters can get new bps for making kitchen furniture, pots and pans etc and miners can benefit from this by bps actually using mined minerals for crafting, even the "little guy" gets a piece of the action by fruit farming.

Well give me your 2 pec, think this is viable or would it do more harm than good?

(FYI I'm actually a vegetarian irl, but if we are gonna kill animals anyway, we might as well make the most use of it).

Edit: This might actually benefit shop owners too by letting them turn their shops into restaurants.

Best wishes

Luna

Last edited:
I support this idea

http://content-of-oblivion.blogspot.com/
(mlx-440 Meat Extractor)

The MXL-440 is a standard field model using conventional laser technology to cut up and extract the meat before using an auto link to transfer the meat into the inventory. It leaves a minimum of waste, but the appropriate skill is required in order to operate it effectively. Like all Meat Extractors, the MXL-440 cannot be used as a weapon due to its built-in safety function.

This thing was called FC-100 Food-Mate :

This is one of the most basic field kitchen models.It's able to turn any type of raw food into cooked food, but it can't handle Food Packs. From this perspective it's more practical for experienced travelers who are used to gathering their own food in the wild as they go.

There even was a cooking skill symbol in the folders of VU 3.4 :

Did you know that the textures of the beverages are ingame since 2001 / 2002...
...but, of coouurrsseee unused to this date (08.03.2017)

Just like many, many(!) other unused textures that find their way ingame now and then.
For example as secret robot transmitter.

The Parley BEER logo got introduced with the beach hut on Treasure Island. (2006)

Only the logo...no beer ofc.

I personally always thought it'd be cool if you could 'consume' the various cocktails, etc. on Rocktropia instead of just using them in crafting.

Just do something similar with minerals on other planets to balance it out...

Maybe cocktails are for avatars to drink, mixed concoctions from calypso are to add extra buffs to pets or something... buffs on other planets could do other buffy stuff in various ways... maybe one planet's stuff ups your own buffs, another does team buffs, another does something else...

I would like the idea of cooking, if we would need to eat in EU :)

I like your idea in a non-RCE game. The survival mods for Skyrim, for example, are a huge gameplay enhancement over vanilla.

I don't like it in EU because it sounds expensive. Do you own a pet? Do you know how expensive it is to keep them fed on 250% MU nutrio all the time? Now you are proposing the same thing for your avatar. Sorry, but no thanks; I'm having a hard enough time making ends meet in this game.

I like your idea in a non-RCE game. The survival mods for Skyrim, for example, are a huge gameplay enhancement over vanilla.

I don't like it in EU because it sounds expensive. Do you own a pet? Do you know how expensive it is to keep them fed on 250% MU nutrio all the time? Now you are proposing the same thing for your avatar. Sorry, but no thanks; I'm having a hard enough time making ends meet in this game.

Pet is a luxury item.
Food isn't a necessity item cause you should see avatars puke at revival terminal if it was. It can provide buff coupled with stamina.(Some people will argue that you mostly see jerks near terminal but that's another topic)

Pet is a luxury item.
Food isn't a necessity item cause you should see avatars puke at revival terminal if it was. It can provide buff coupled with stamina.(Some people will argue that you mostly see jerks near terminal but that's another topic)

Yes if it was optional and only provided buffs then I'm all for it. If it's required, then, no.

Think you misunderstand. I didn't mean it as a mandatory thing. Just like pills and i.e. MM candy canes the food should give buffs that's it. Not that you have to keep your ava fed and then find a toilet etc. haha while it would be kind of funny that your ava needs to go for a shit in the middle of a hunt it isn't really that handy in a game. So I only meant it as a buff that is totally optional

new houses do have gardens...

Cooking. Alchemy, and fishing are much better ideas than buying pills from strongboxes. Such a lazy means to avoid 3 big markup creators to directly benefit from item sales.

BUT

I have money on that cooking specifically would be implemented after 2.0. They dont have to worry about buff stacking now.

Cooking. Alchemy, and fishing are much better ideas than buying pills from strongboxes. Such a lazy means to avoid 3 big markup creators to directly benefit from item sales

Exactly right. That's why this is a great idea. The web store flushed away so much potential. The starter packs are great for fresh players, but that's about it.

Buffs will always be in demand. Huge potential being wasted by not introducing craftable buffs. These could also be "misc" buffs, not necessarily the same as the pill buffs. How about a buff that makes your avatar swim faster? How about a buff that increases your carry capacity? There's limitless options if you have some imagination.

On top of that... I really hope they release BPs for (L) Mindforce chips and amps as others have requested. So many opportunities to expand the relevance of crafting are being wasted. Crafted rings please? Crafted everything, please.

So I was team hunting Longtooths with a friend earlier this morning and joked about it being a waste that we take skin

Can't be true :laugh: ...people are reporting done 1k, 5k etc kills on Longtooth without a single skin looted.

Mindark, FIX THIS SHIT

Can't be true :laugh: ...people are reporting done 1k, 5k etc kills on Longtooth without a single skin looted.

Mindark, FIX THIS SHIT

If you are going to quote me then don't take things out of context to suit your agenda: "So I was team hunting Longtooths with a friend earlier this morning and joked about it being a waste that we take skin and oil but leave the meat on the animals."

Keyword being animals so not all may drop skins.

At least try to be better than Trump next time. Now stop hijacking this suggestion thread.

Edit: FYI Looted LT skin this morning

Last edited:
If you are going to quote me then don't take things out of context to suit your agenda: "So I was team hunting Longtooths with a friend earlier this morning and joked about it being a waste that we take skin and oil but leave the meat on the animals."

Keyword being animals so not all may drop skins.

At least try to be better than Trump next time. Now stop hijacking this suggestion thread.

Edit: FYI Looted LT skin this morning

I rather push "fix current crap" agenda than push "create new bugged crap".

I know new stuff is cool etc, but game has too many broken content already.

Of course you looted it. Nobody else does, you do.

making your own pills was already an idea suggested for gardening. sooner or later it definitely should be put in.

I rather push "fix current crap" agenda than push "create new bugged crap".

I know new stuff is cool etc, but game has too many broken content already.

Of course you looted it. Nobody else does, you do.

Sigh...why would I lie about it, have zero reasons for it, there ya go:

PRINT_SCREEN_2017_07_18_8_57_38_2.jpg
https://ibb.co/kDxMfF

And yes I agree would be nice if they sorted out the million bugs in the game.

Last edited:
I would love to try a sabakuma kebab! :cool:

Back