PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast
    how can you not see the HUGE difference between making money from trading items to other players and TT profitting via hunting? thats just fucking insane...
    ill explain it:

when tt profitting on hunting you do something where its not 100% clear how the loot mechanism works. you are taking money from other players with them not knowing / fully understanding why. its kind of a hidden mechanism.

when trading items to other players they are willingly giving you the peds for said item. its a trade. its okay for both sides. both sides agreed upon the terms of said trade.

when hunting you cant agree on something you dont know. you just do it and hope the best or try to analyze it but in the end you just dont 100% know why it is happening.
    Last edited by Me Really Never; 07-17-2017 at 13:16.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Antrace Letale Very
    Society
    Freelancer
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

...A global is somthing different as looting a 10 ped ring.
    who did speak about a ring? the only ring i looted was a crappy 8ped (L) one and i dont consider it a global

i bought all others ring i had..
    ★Zombie Armaments & Supplies★ Weapons, Thruster, WW, ESI, and more..

Emerald L. Mall[31621, 50211, 115] Floor2 #7

Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Antrace View Post
    who did speak about a ring? the only ring i looted was a crappy 8ped (L) one and i dont consider it a global

i bought all others ring i had..
    because of this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zanathos View Post

I'm one of those players that just wants to play because its fun, with no hopes of withdrawing. All I ask is that my 10-20 dollars a month (sometimes more) when I am actively playing, lasts. Which, throughout the years, it mostly hasn't (at times it has depending on the state of the game and various game updates...) which has resulted in a lot of frequent and sometimes long breaks. I take my money where I feel I get a value for my entertainment after all. I have only ONCE in all my years I've played since pre gold days withdrawn peds. Only because I was lucky and got a summer ring, which I sold and built myself a new computer that I wanted for a some time....
    and this reaction:

Quote Originally Posted by Aio View Post
    I don't want to be mean here mate, but all this "value for money" etc etc; you are in net profit (deposits:withdrawals) - and an extremely high net profit at that - so it's incredibly hypocritical to say it shouldn't be allowed to profit off TT returns.
    wi

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kikki KJ Jikki
    Society
    Dark Knights
    Images
    I quite like DoA on a personal level. Have chatted in skype. Have hired her from time to time.

But I call bullshit on the majority of the OP.

I make my profit from other players. I do that from selling to them at MU. That's taking money out of other people's pockets but hey, no one is forcing them to buy from me. And no one has to sell to me at the prices I buy crafting ingrediants. Making MU work for you is a fundamental part of the game and I don't think anyone would argue with that.

It's very difficult to profit on TT values alone. I don't. Most players don't. But some do and they have done so through heavy investment, buying the required gear from other players at MU, and developing the knowledge and skills to put it to good use. That's not taking money from other players. That's taking the money from MA, and more power to them for doing so. I don't believe their TT profit affects my TT loss at all. I'm yet to see anything from MA suggesting anything to the contrary.

If you play with low skills and/or low budget, then TT profit simply isn't going to be an option for you. Just like in the rest of life it takes money to make money. That has nothing to do with other people's returns. You might, if you are knowledgable, come out ahead based on MU, though my feeling is that has got harder with loot 2.0 (I still don't really understand "optimum loot").

So I am a bit over the ill will towards those who have managed to break through the TT return barrier. Play to your own style and stop worrying about other people ffs.

DoA also talks about personal attacks and lack of civility. It's a sad fact of life that many folk will write appalling things online that they would never do in person. All I can suggest is doing ones best to stay out of personal disputes and reporting posts or pms that cross the line.

When you bring people stuff they really want, they gladly give you their PED, without any coercion on your part. They do not question if you put in enough effort, or if you made enough 'investment' - they reach for their PED cards and pay you.

On several occasions though, I've been asked if I make 'enough' profit - because people wanted the business to continue.

Discussing entitlements on the forum, on the other hand...

(hint: they fought NOT because they were different)

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Poker table comparison is apt, although MA probably doesn't like the association (regardless, or actually, because of the wrongful perception of Poker as a game of luck rather than skill). However, where in Poker wisdom do you hear anyone say that a small bankroll is associated with stupidity rather than a big one. That's why there are $0.01 ante tables and $10 tables. Same thing here with mob size.

I also don't get why there are always people complaining they are to be told what to do when such discussions take place. Nobody is telling you what to do. Everybody who raises questions for patterns first and foremost is trying to find best practices for themselves, and if there is something for others to glean from then only the better. Leave it if you don't like it.

For accusing people with more forum posts than registered globals -- I am enjoying the show more with every instance. You can do the Rumpelstiltskin dance all day long, you're not getting to tell anybody to go away. No amount of money is buying you this power.

1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DoA View Post
    The reason is not that I consider in any way that what I said was wrong or that I was somehow intimidated by the insults or threats that I received as a result of my posts (down to wishes to die of cancer or get r4ped and get AIDS in the process if I don't stop attacking them on forums), but simply because I understood that I'm fighting a useless battle against people that are too nearsighted to see farther away than their own interest and profit.
    Near-sighted ? You're using pre-made "arguments" only when they're somewhat benefical to you, and when they can be used against yourself in another of your own threads, in another context, you close your eyes ? That's what I pointed out with my "random quotes" on one of my previous posts. You can literally argue with yourself.

The only times you're somewhat trying to actually backup your ideas, you're using the very fundamentals of statistics and expect it to be enough ? I've never seen you use anything else than the law of large numbers or some other first-grade "formula". Formula that doesn't even make sense if you take some time to analyse the game as it doesn't fit. Don't expect anything from something so easy to get.
    Near-sighted again ? Maybe you should start to learn what you can do with numbers, you're obviously only seeing the easiest part.

"Attacks on forum", really ? "To do evil", that's pretty hypocritical coming from someone who just spammed reputation comments only to be able to negrep me again. Please do it again. I won't even bother un-ignoring you to read what you have to say next time.

You do not even deserve my pity, trying to show yourself as a victim everytime.

Everything that was originally "a game" has a professional part in it. Any sport (football, rugby...) any esport (League of Legends, Hearthstone...), even "classic" games have RMT, though it isn't built-in it exists everywhere.

I still haven't seen any answer about CLDs. Is it fine for you [reader], to pay 50% to deed holders that probably don't even login or cycle anything, but not to dedicated players ?

Don't even bother trying to say I have this stance because I'm profiting, I have less left on my avatar than I deposited. Though I sure do expect to be able to, in the end. That's the goal of the game... And once again I don't care about it being TT or MU.

You don't even realise how hard Markup can screw you, as a player, especially since Loot 2.0.

Regards,
    Inistae Sephoris.
    Last edited by Phaelia; 07-17-2017 at 10:04.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Aio Dakina
    Society
    Veterans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    The Poker table comparison is apt, although MA probably doesn't like the association (regardless, or actually, because of the wrongful perception of Poker as a game of luck rather than skill). However, where in Poker wisdom do you hear anyone say that a small bankroll is associated with stupidity rather than a big one. That's why there are $0.01 ante tables and $10 tables. Same thing here with mob size.

I also don't get why there are always people complaining they are to be told what to do when such discussions take place. Nobody is telling you what to do. Everybody who raises questions for patterns first and foremost is trying to find best practices for themselves, and if there is something for others to glean from then only the better. Leave it if you don't like it.

For accusing people with more forum posts than registered globals -- I am enjoying the show more with every instance. You can do the Rumpelstiltskin dance all day long, you're not getting to tell anybody to go away. No amount of money is buying you this power.

Well I think you need to look at what I wrote. I wrote people are being penalised less for stupidity and low bankroll, not that people with low bankroll are stupid.

My point is, it was far too common where people with 1k ped would go and hunt spiders and then come to the forum raging about their "40% returns".

There's nothing wrong with hunting at your level; but also those players would be rewarded appropriately to their risk - 100ped bankroll & hunting foul young doesn't and shouldn't allow loots of modfaps, modmercs etc. Only those willing to invest in 50k USD setups and spend 1M cycle on a mob.

The issue I have with it all (it being anti-profit sentiment) is that a) better players should be rewarded and b) the whole game is built on the fucking concept.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aio View Post
    those players would be rewarded appropriately to their risk - 100ped bankroll & hunting foul young doesn't and shouldn't allow loots of modfaps, modmercs etc. Only those willing to invest in 50k USD setups and spend 1M cycle on a mob.
    As the system is now, it won't allow that typically. HOWEVER, IT SHOULD... In theory, every mob should allow anyone to loot anything at any time... That actually was a bit of a 'promise' from ancient days in some ways... one that never was really true... it should have been though...

it's not true since the 'loot tables' exist...

but in ancient days there were some devs that claimed that any mob could theoretically drop any item in game...

“Various items are more common at various times. All items can be found in PE, at any time,”
    Personally I've always felt that they should do something like the loot table for 'average loot' but then for the 'rares/globals, etc.' do a different system wide table that would allow 'any item' to global on any mob to get folks at all levels hunting more, etc. Nowadays with the webshop they sort of did that but on reverse since everyone is 'equal' in their chances to loot something from the boxes, but all of that happens in the webshop and box opening (which can be done without even logging in to the main game), and has nothing to do with what actually is happening in loot... perhaps loot 3.0 can change that? It would piss ubers off, but you should be able to loot uber gear from puny on occassion or on mid-level mobs, etc.... maybe not often, but sometimes rarely, etc.

Since Mindark is changing the way the system works, maybe it can happen eventually someday?... you know so uh, those 'promises' from 2005 can actually be 'kept' even if it is over a decade later.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 07-17-2017 at 14:50.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast