Male | Male
    Xaph
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Blog Entries
    Images

do I need to comment on this ?

mum mum mum
    C:\Users\Dad\Pictures\Animated signature - Xaph ( final rendering with embed codes ).gif

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As the system is now, it won't allow that typically. HOWEVER, IT SHOULD... In theory, every mob should allow anyone to loot anything at any time... That actually was a bit of a 'promise' from ancient days in some ways... one that never was really true... it should have been though...

it's not true since the 'loot tables' exist...
    hmm, not sure I can agree on this part.

I do think the % return should not matter on the mob hunted. For example 0,10 ped mob should give on average 0,095 while a 10 ped mob should give 9,50 ped return.

but I do think that uber items should not drop from lesser mobs. This would just not make sense. Skills (and thus the ability to use bigger weapons and thus being able to hunt bigger mobs) should imho be rewarded. If you allow uber items to drop from lesser mobs this will for sure kill the incentive to step up and hunt bigger.

Also I didnt like the old system where you could as easily get 10k from a daikaba as from an spider. WHile I was blowing away all my ped on big mobs (with far to few skills I must add) I saw everybody around me HOF like mad on silly small mobs.
    Luck was such an important factor those days. And I personally hate things where luck plays a to big factor.
    I dont want things to be purely based on luck....as I never seem to have any in games. To blessed irl I guess
    wi

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aio View Post
    There's nothing wrong with hunting at your level; but also those players would be rewarded appropriately to their risk - 100ped bankroll & hunting foul young doesn't and shouldn't allow loots of modfaps, modmercs etc. Only those willing to invest in 50k USD setups and spend 1M cycle on a mob.
    Well, has this happened? Are you saying it should be deliberately encoded in the system that nobody should get rewarded above their level? The chance to loot such items from a low-level creature or activity would be exceedingly small, but if all is right, not being actively prevented from happening. That those who paid a lot more are spitting fire when someone so "undeserving" has such luck is in human nature. They can all go and fry themselves an egg on it.

As I understand most discussions around loot, we are talking about regular returns and their fluctuations, not the extraordinary. We also weren't talking about those who hunt spiders with 100 ped to their name and then come complaining when it didn't last long. Their flawed approach is set straight quickly, and off the bat I don't actually recall many examples of it finding their way here and trampling on the nerves of the wealthy and sensitive. What is the point of such extreme examples? It's all found in the standard toolbox -- http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/s...arguments.html

I also don't think that this whole discussion is anti-profit as such. I find it a lot more toxic if a certain group seems to believe only they deserve to be rewarded for having contributed so much. They would have the biggest chance of doing so by the nature of it, but if the system was really made anything but impartial, then trouble with supervising authorities would be assured if found out.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edgewise
    Society
    Adjusted Mangos
    Blog Entries
    Images

No issues or complaints regarding loot here.

Some people must lose for others to win. Think about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy24 View Post
    this new feature is just annoying, whoever programed this, i hope a truck hits you, and that your body doesent disapear so the he can back up and drive over you again

EMW Lost but never forgotten

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Harmony Bella Simpson
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    I'll miss your threads, they are one of the few things that keep this forum alive and fun to read.

Then again you'll be back on pcf soon enough
    Last edited by Harmony.; 07-17-2017 at 18:50.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Carn Carni Fireclaw
    kkthxbye? o.O

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MORFOC AS SERBAN
    Society
    AF-RFC
    Images
    3.8 - Quitting/Leaving
    Any threads or posts about leaving Planet Calypso, Entropia Universe or PlanetCalypsoForum, such as “I’m Quitting” or “Taking a Break” whether for positive or negative reasons, will be deleted without notice. This rule applies especially to sales threads. If you are leaving Entropia Universe and are selling your items, DO NOT include comments in your sales thread that indicate that you are quitting or taking a break. Members who are curious about the intentions of the thread starter can inquire via a private message, or within Entropia Universe.

I would like to know who your say was put pressure PM or then an invention
    Post unnecessary you have very little play

edit : thx for your rep- DOA I did not have much
    incredible number of reply and thread for nothing, You contradicted most of your post
    Last edited by morfoc; 07-17-2017 at 17:03.
    Born in Jason Centre in 2003
    Ghost Vagabond in 2017
    14 years of loot TT

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morfoc View Post
    3.8 - Quitting/Leaving
    Any threads or posts about leaving Planet Calypso, Entropia Universe or PlanetCalypsoForum, such as “I’m Quitting” or “Taking a Break” whether for positive or negative reasons, will be deleted without notice. This rule applies especially to sales threads. If you are leaving Entropia Universe and are selling your items, DO NOT include comments in your sales thread that indicate that you are quitting or taking a break. Members who are curious about the intentions of the thread starter can inquire via a private message, or within Entropia Universe.

I would like to know who your say was put pressure PM or then an invention
    Post unnecessary you have very little play

edit : thx for your rep- DOA I did not have much
    incredible number of reply and thread for nothing, You contradicted most of your post
    Every post that isnt in line of the OP is getting a negative rep, so people are telling me. Would be a shame if true. (I know i have 1, probably 2 by end of day)

rotfl

too short
    Luck is the residue of design. J. Milton

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Aio Dakina
    Society
    Veterans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicstorm View Post
    Every post that isnt in line of the OP is getting a negative rep, so people are telling me. Would be a shame if true. (I know i have 1, probably 2 by end of day)
    Well yes, but that just reconfirms my suspicions there's some bigger mental issue beyond us horrible nasty forum residents.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast