A honest feedback, my perspective on Entropia Universe RCE part

Status
I won't answer any of the individual claims or accusations since I consider that I said all I had to said in the OP and in my previous post in various other threads, but considering that, despite saying you don't care, some of you actually seem to do care and be over sensitive about the "-rep" ratings, I will make just this one clarification.

Every time when I started a thread I gave +/- rep to most (if not all) answers for the simple reason that this is my way to provide feedback to people answering me; when people post on-topic, constructive messages I always give +rep, when people post off-topic, attack me or other people or are rude, I always give -rep. Even in this post were certain people who disagreed with me and I still gave them +rep because they expressed their disagreement in a positive, civil way (for example, Sionkiewicz or KijkkiJikki).

Now, as it is explained here, negative reputation should be given if we find a post that is clearly off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair and all the negative reputations I gave were for post which, at least in my vision were falling under one of these categories (rude, inciteful, flaming, off-topic, thread derailing).

When I give a +/- rep I almost never look to whom I give said rating, but I give the rating solely based on the content of the post I rate (so I could easily -rep my best friend of +rep my worst enemy); further more, I don't consider that I rate the person, but the post itself (and that's why there are a lot of people on this forum which, over time, received both positive and negative reputation ratings from me, many times for messages in the very same thread - atomicstorm being a prime example). So, since the rating I give is per post, not per person, if you did post multiple times then yes, you will receive multiple ratings and, obviously, if all said posts are falling in one of the mentioned categories, then all said ratings would be negative.

Also, since there is a limit of how many ratings we can give per day or how often we can give a second rating to the same person, some ratings may come with one or more days delay, but nevertheless they will come (both the positive and the negative ones), since I keep a file with all the ratings that I wanted to give and I couldn't because of technical reasons and as soon as the system allows me I catch up with the queue.

If you want to -rep me (either as a retaliation or because you genuinely believe I deserve it) feel free to; in opposition to some of you, I honestly don't care and I would sure not run crying to mommy, daddy or other forum users to whine about it. Finally, if you are convinced that the posts for which I did negatively rate you were neither off-topic (that was the main reason for my -rep ratings), rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair and you consider that I actually abused the system, then I politely ask you to report me and I'm ready to face any judgment bestowed upon me by the forum admins or moderators.

And, finally, one last clarification, to avoid any misunderstanding: I am *NOT* quitting the game, but just stop depositing and cycling so I don't feed other players and I am also *NOT* stop reading the forum, is just that, except potential commercial threads, *AT THE MOMENT* I don't feel that keep engaging myself in such useless debates is a good time investment for me, so I'm trying to stay away from it. That's exactly the reason why I don't feel the need to respond to any of your posts in particular.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
Why care about forum reputation? After all, its just some number on some forum for some game

I don't particularly care about forum rep - we're all just highlighting that there seems to be something wrong with this person.

Hi DoA,

you aren't doing yourself any favours by overusing the rep system. And if you are giving pos or neg rep to most responses then you are overusing it.

If you are going to stop posting on the forum then this problem will take care of itself. But if you decide to resume posting then please reconsider your strategy.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

I don't particularly care about forum rep - we're all just highlighting that there seems to be something wrong with this person.

What's wrong with expressing your thoughts? I think she well explained her thoughts and feelings, but some just keep bashing, patronizing and dragging her down.

The major problem with non verbal communication is that it can easily be misinterpreted, leading to unnecessary rude posts.

Though I do feel she can better take a short brake to settle down the temper a bit. Just a little cool down period...and then we can go forward again.

Reactions: DoA
Hi DoA,

you aren't doing yourself any favours by overusing the rep system. And if you are giving pos or neg rep to most responses then you are overusing it.

If you are going to stop posting on the forum then this problem will take care of itself. But if you decide to resume posting then please reconsider your strategy.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Yes, he for sure is very right about this. Even though you might feel wronged, the neg rep should be used very sparingly as it will upset people, even if they say they don't care about it. Because unconsciously they do care.

Wisest is just the swallow it and move along. Unless it REALLY hurt you.

Feel free though to spam the +rep. ;)

Now, as it is explained here, negative reputation should be given if we find a post that is clearly off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair and all the negative reputations I gave were for post which, at least in my vision were falling under one of these categories (rude, inciteful, flaming, off-topic, thread derailing).

Sorry, but I disagree

THat;s an exact copy of the neg rep you gave me once. Look that negrep up, you actually stated that upon a neg rep to me. So you are outright lieing right now. The screenshot can be found in my image gallery as proof, this doesnt fall under off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair.

So I will keep pos repping people whom I think get a neg rep

hello all,
i think everyone has told his though and we cannot say anything more, but in private chat (good advices, etc..)

in past i used to keep the discussion up on forum, but i gave up.

Now i say what i think, and i reply only if someone doesn't understand what i 'm trying to say, i don't reply if disagree. I respect other position and his own though.

So u can agree or disagree with DoA, just say what you think, give her your advices and let her goes for his way.
If she agree with you she will follow your advices, at least she'll think about them if she doesnt agree.

cheers

+rep -rep who gives a shit, it doesn't mean anything.

My dealings with DoA have always been pleasant, even when I don't agree with her (though she does always need to have the last word :rolleyes:).

I think the average age for most people in this game is probably around my age (40). DoA is 17.

Y'all might forget how fucked up things are at that age; and I know they are even more for her because of IRL issues. I know I was a total mess at 17.

So whether or not you agree with her, maybe keep in mind before you spew a bunch of vitriol that you are dealing with a kid. A smart kid, but a kid nonetheless.

+rep -rep who gives a shit, it doesn't mean anything.

My dealings with DoA have always been pleasant, even when I don't agree with her (though she does always need to have the last word :rolleyes:).

I think the average age for most people in this game is probably around my age (40). DoA is 17.

Y'all might forget how fucked up things are at that age; and I know they are even more for her because of IRL issues. I know I was a total mess at 17.

So whether or not you agree with her, maybe keep in mind before you spew a bunch of vitriol that you are dealing with a kid. A smart kid, but a kid nonetheless.

She could alsof be a big 55 year old Romanian male with a very hairy back.
Doa was in my society two Times. After she removed me from her friendslist the second time, I gave up on teaching her how to play the game.
Truth is in the eye of the beholder and she certainly has her own truth.

I know I was a total mess at 17.

Oh god, don't even make me think about it. :hammer: :loco:

She does remind me of me back then in a way. :ahh:

But yeah, cant we all get along, and you know, solve stuff? We are not all supposed to like each other, but hey, do we really need to bash ourselves around like this? And then we wonder why new people do not come to EU? Well, because of stuff like this basically.

Even if she is wrong 90% of the time (which I do not think she is), she did demonstrate a good proactive way of thinking, why not nurture that?

She did reach out, she did try things, it didn't work out the way everybody was instructing her ,including this forum, she complained, and what do we as a community do? Start shoveling shit her way, for the things that most of us would label as being good practice? Most of us "seniors" were kid-like when we started with EU over a 10 years ago, and we are still here, still learning.

I know only for the fact that I would be a total wreck a decade ago if I was flamed by half of the forum. It wont help, it does not demonstrate anything except being mean, and it does not solve anything.

And you DoA, chill out, don't let things get to you that easy, its not worth the nerves in the end.

duty_calls.png

-Pho

DoA I don't reply much on forum

But let me give you some advise :)

1. don't think you are clever then much more experience players :)

2. Listen to those players and learn :)

3. those to advice will get you a long way :)

4. don't be so stubborn

5. Don't give -rep..what good does it give you

and I could give you a lot more but it's the most important

Love

Crystal

Oh she has potential alright. She's just not past the yakketty stage yet. Best we grin and bear it, and hope some of what we say gets past her wall of elitistic chatter and gets thought about.

This useless post will at least have served all the world of this emptied the spirit of these lousy loot :laugh::laugh:

No relationship between each post but everybody post :tongue2::laugh::laugh:

I just love it :wtg::dunce:

Ps: MA you stink :dunce::laugh:

Entropia Universe is a Sandbox Game, everybody is free to do what he or she want.

- Sell loot to get Profit, buying stuff for to much Peds.
- Buying Land Deeds and do nothing.
- Dont deposit and collecting sweat.
- Take the Money from others, for crafting and make a huge win if you can.

Ist like real life and the Goverment is MindArk.

And the Govermant needs also Peds to manage the World that we have fun inside or not. Companys are not there that everybody get what he or she wants, the are not a charity organization. The work hard and want the Money for it (your Money), the have pay employes, have pay Server, have pay a lot of things. And the want a lot of Profit!

- I dont understand how it works if everybody get 100% back? How pays the Bill?

It gives many ways to make Profit in this game, its not hard to now.

- One off the ways is buy Land Deeds and dont play the game!

You want make Money, go outside this game, work hard you get you Profit. Why you dont play a game like a game, pay what you want, take you entertainment and enjoy it.

- You like playing it eco, play eco.
- You dont care about eco, dont care.
- You see People stay in Twin Peaks 6 hours to sell Sweat for 2 PEDs, let the do it.

Entropia Universe is dynamic sandbox game with own rules, deal with it or let it. Its the same like Texas holdem, you can be the best player, can be somebody that plans every step. But it can happen that you lose every time, thats life.

- You dont want take the Money away ingame from others, its ok. You dont need to do that. But i dont not understand what the problem is in this case? People trade with you and the want it, sometimes the make Profit and sometimes you.

- In my opinion its ok that ubers get more, the risk more and the pays at the end for a lot of people that dont deposit and using the world, server and and and. They are the better customers and need to be cared for!

It give a lot other games thats makes a lot more fun, great Quests, great engine, great and big community and and and, a lot of thinks that are 100% better. But it gives one world like Entropia Universe, thats it!

just my 2 cents and at the end i dont really understand what you relly want to say with you posting, sry.

It's amazing how incredibly arrogant some people get here with their condescending posts.

Truth is not arrogance, at least as far as i have been quoting on. People actually do know little about the game they spend tons of money on.

And DOA, thanks for the continuous negative rep (now going on -4). No, i am not saying you have mental issues but you arent helping your cause (hiding behind the rep button) and this reddit-esque forum repping is concerning. It aint that deep.

Last edited:
@OP

So long, I don't like you to be honest.

You drag every single thread you touch into a discussion about yourself, how much you know and how much smarter you are than everyone else. We get it... in fact we got it the last time you "quit".

Maybe spend less time trying (and failing) to look smart and actually play and learn the game, because you have no clue at all. No. Clue.

There, you wanted attention you got it.

Good luck, or something.

Truth is not arrogance, at least as far as i have been quoting on. People actually do know little about the game they spend tons of money on.

You might even be very right about this, but it just sounds so condescending.

I think the majority of the depositors will not fully know the game but that's not the problem.
The problem starts with the expectations they have about the money spend ingame.

That's were all the broken dreams start....

<removed>:wtg::wtg::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SHY
<removed> :wtg::wtg::laugh:

Yep yep, I could post a screenshot as well, but last time I did the mods removed it :p

Had two negrep today and yesterday, I guess this post will be negrep number 3 tommorrow when she can push that button again :D

I think I have had 4 negrep in my life, 3 of which were hers :D

A mod should look into all these neg reps she is throwing around, serica?

Last edited by a moderator:
As said already, as it is explained here, negative reputation should be given if we find a post that is clearly off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair and all the negative reputations I gave were for post which, at least in my vision were falling under one of these categories (rude, inciteful, flaming, off-topic, thread derailing), mostly for posts that were off-topic.

Now I don't care what you do in other threads, but if you do post off-topic (and yeah, I consider that all these whining about reputation is just more off-topic messages) in a thread I started, you can be sure that I will -rep you. If you post off-topic 1,000 times, I will -rep you 1,000 times, 'till you either stop posting off-topic (or simply stop posting at all) in the threads I started or 'till a moderator/admin tells me to, otherwise I simply don't care at all how much (or how less)
my ratings bother you.

As far as it concerns me, posting off-topic is a bad action and bad actions should be punished, so I choose to punish you in the only way that the forum mechanics allow me. I do the very same thing (I obviously mean +rep) every time when I think a post is especially useful and deserves to be rewarded. Is nothing personal against you, just a "civic duty" of delivering "justice", either in the form of "punishment" or "reward". Is as simple as that.

Last edited:
As said already, as it is explained here, negative reputation should be given if we find a post that is clearly off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair and all the negative reputations I gave were for post which, at least in my vision were falling under one of these categories (rude, inciteful, flaming, off-topic, thread derailing), mostly for posts that were off-topic.

Now I don't care what you do in other threads, but if you do post off-topic (and yeah, I consider that all these whining about reputation is just more off-topic messages) in a thread I started, you can be sure that I will -rep you. If you post off-topic 1,000 times, I will -rep you 1,000 times, 'till you ever stop posting off-topic (or simply stop posting at all) in the threads I started or 'till a moderator/admins 'tell me to, otherwise I simply don't care how much (or how less)
my rating bothers you (actually I simply don't care, neither in a good or bad way about you). As far as it concerns me, posting off-topic is a bad action and bad actions should be punished, so I punish you in the only way that the forum mechanics allow me. Is nothing personal against you, just a "civic duty" of delivering "justice". I won't start -rep your posts in other threads and I won't start -rep an on-topic message you post, but if you do post off-topic, then I will -rep you. Is as simple as that.

Did you like my post?? You did not reply on it :(

DoA,

I thought you read our post about how profit returns have been nerfed significantly already... and you responded to that post so I'm not sure why this is still a problem. :scratch2:

I used to deposit similar to you, and I used to also go on about my theories and my perceptions and I have gotten slap back from those with larger bankrolls as well. I grew into larger deposit range and honestly it does change your perception of the game because what you are capable of doing is very different. Neither is wrong... but you have to acknowledge that your perspective can be a bit limited.

As for the rest, I try not to judge character much as I believe what goes around comes around, but try not to take things so personally. It makes life so much harder when you do and honestly... at the end of the day people will forget each other real quick so there's no sense in getting all worked up by what other people say. If you secretly think you are a cut above the rest, its going to show in the way you treat others and people are quite perceptive. And if they aren't, those red buttons don't lie. Silence is sometimes just worth so much more even to yourself.

You don't have to prove yourself to anyone either. Just play it and enjoy it. As in life, the kind of recognition you get when you are jumping up and down shouting ,"Look at me" is usually not the kind you want.

Good luck out there. :wtg:

Now I don't care what you do in other threads, but if you do post off-topic (and yeah, I consider that all these whining about reputation is just more off-topic messages) in a thread I started, you can be sure that I will -rep you. If you post off-topic 1,000 times, I will -rep you 1,000 times, 'till you either stop posting off-topic (or simply stop posting at all) in the threads I started or 'till a moderator/admin tells me to, otherwise I simply don't care at all how much (or how less)
my ratings bother you.

As far as it concerns me, posting off-topic is a bad action and bad actions should be punished, so I choose to punish you in the only way that the forum mechanics allow me. I do the very same thing (I obviously mean +rep) every time when I think a post is especially useful and deserves to be rewarded. Is nothing personal against you, just a "civic duty" of delivering "justice", either in the form of "punishment" or "reward". Is as simple as that.

Really you are a very strainge Person! Talking about giving people that are off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair negative reputation and you give me for my posting a negativ reputation? And you write in the - reputation --> MA dont pay the ubers, all other player do it! And that is fair in you opinion? Really whats wrong with you? Everybody that has a other opinion as you get now a negative reputation, wow :handjob:

--> You dont understand how a Community works? You dont understand how the game works. Its like real life all peoples Money are in Entropia Universe and sometimes have some of the Player luck and others not, thats it, nothing more.

I have no idea why you think that MindArk must pay the players. The are not here to pay you! The have a Wold you can work with, thats it and the take the Money the want from the Players for Software, Hardware and personal reward. All other thinks are the results of the interaction of the Players with each other and the system.

The next time you just take your frustration and let this out on a other place, Entropia is certainly not to blame for the fact that you feel bad!

I have no idea why you think that MindArk must pay the players. The are not here to pay you! The have a Wold you can work with, thats it and the take the Money the want from the Players for Software, Hardware and personal reward. All other thinks are the results of the interaction of the Players with each other and the system.

The next time you just take your frustration and let this out on a other place, Entropia is certainly not to blame for the fact that you feel bad!

That is exactly what I was saying (but it seems you failed to understand).

I think MindArk SHOULD NOT pay the players.

I don't want to profit and I am OK to pay my fair share for all operational and development expenses, as well as MindArk and Planet Partners profits. Is just that I'm only willing to do so as long as everyone else is doing so, otherwise they won't see any of my money, for the simple reason that I don't want to be anyone's fool.

Now you may not be aware (and that was what I was trying to point in my reputation message) that, at least 'till 2.0 (but possible even after 2.0, considering some people claims) there were people that were able, for the simple fact that they had uber gear and skills, to constantly profit (and not by trading with players, hunting mobs with markup or anything like that, but just blindly grinding 24/7) and withdraw a few thousand dollars (not PEDs) per month, month after month.

That was my problem that those people not only weren't paying their share for operational and development expenses, as well as MindArk and Planet Partners profits just like me or any other low/mid level player, but they were even taking money out of system, basically forcing us to pay more and more to cover for their withdraws too (on top of mentioned operational and development expenses, as well as MindArk and Planet Partners).

So, to resume it, so even you can understand it:
- I DO NOT want to profit
- I AM OK to pay my share for operational and development expenses, as well as MindArk and Planet Partners profits
- I AM OK to pay for profits of people achieving said profits by interacting with economy or playing smarter than me (as in knowing when and where to hunt, mine, craft)
- I AM NOT OK to pay for grinders whose only merit is that they invested some money and that they can play 24/7, or pay other people to play 24/7 for them

That's why until (if ever) it will be clear that grinders can no longer profit on TT alone, I will not deposit any extra money in the game; I will neither withdraw or quit, but just stay on hold, waiting to see where things settle. That is my way to adapt to the system - I adapy by keeping my wallet close 'till the problem (or the thing that I perceive as a problem) is fixed (if ever).

And that was all my post was about. A feedback left for MindArk (just like many others left here on forums) to explain to them what I expect from them and what they should do if they want to continue to get my money. Obviously, is totally up to them to consider or not consider my feedback and to care or not to care about my money.

Last edited:
I'm not depositing until some of this volatility is abated... there's too much in hunting now and always far too much in mining and crafting.

On the subject of not depositing due to MA decisions, etc...

@DoA - The fakt is that ubers dont invest some Money, the invest a lot of Money. And the take a lot of risk with that what the do. If Tomorow the Server going down, how loses more you or the ubers?

- You dont want to Profit? ---read again the wall of text that you have write first! And if you really not want to Profit, waht is you problem, its not you businnes how gets win or not. In you opinion low level and mid level player have only the right to have luck?

- You want not pay for grinders whose only merit is that they invested some money and that they can play 24/7? You must accept it that you pay for all others that have luck ingame, thats how it works in this game and thats how it works in the free and real market economy. Everybody pays for everybody in this game, everytime somebody is lucky a other guy has not luck.

How has Money has the right to invest and as more opportunities to earn. Why you not going to be a uber and why you dont not invest like the ubers and grind and make the big Money? I mean you say you have figured it out or? Whats the problem? Invest, play 24/7 and earn every month Thousands of dollars! Thats what in you opinion other also do or is it?

You can not determine how a system works! The system do not have to adjust to you, but you to the the system!

Last edited:
Ubers profit not because of gear alone but because they knew how to use it. Some people with imk2s couldnt profit. Some with low dpp gear could more than those with super gear. But you are all too busy focused on the successful... and envy is not a shade of color that looks great on a person.

We got our peds from those who didnt play well, short runs... in poker world we call them fishies. We still do but the downward pressure is more and quite frankly way too volatile to be a system for long term retention. Now the gear shifts from tt advantage to mu advantage and the mu isnt there yet. 2 years from now, the argument will be that it is still unfair and it will be met with its appropriate response of play wiser... followed by those shouting from all high to bring the top/successful down just like real life.. instead of abandoning the shadows and the power keyboards and giving it a proper go.

Conceptually i like the system potential not that pretty much all professions have parity. But the volatility without the markup is the equivalent to mining for tt trash. It isnt sustainable.

Last edited:
Ubers profit not because of gear alone but because they knew how to use it. Some people with imk2s couldnt profit. Some with low dpp gear could more than those with super gear.

You say that ubers profited not because of gear alone, but because they knew how to use it. If that is actually true, then I'll take back all complaints I made, I'll apologize and I'll just move on knowing that I was wrong all along and that, indeed, they deserved their profits, because those came as a result of actually being smarter / more skilled (as in personal skills, not avatar skills).

But in order to support your claim can you please answer me a very basic question. In order to profit on TT alone was there any need to do anything other than:
- have proper skills;
- have top gear - weapon+amp, tagger/pre-damager, finisher, seasonal rings, crit scopes, buffs, EST, Arsonistic Chip, etc (not even needing to calculate yourself what gear you need to be maxed on crit for example, but just copy the gear your other uber friends were using);
- pick a random mob at your level which allowed you to keep defensive costs at below 1% and obviously not damage your EST (if using it);
- hunt for hours and hours at a time (or, alternatively, use Joda's wave detection tool and only hunt during waves)
- rinse and repeat day after day
- fill withdraw request
?

If there was anything else other than that needed to profit on TT alone, please just say it (not say what it was, maybe that's a secret, and I'm totally Ok with it), but just say that indeed it was more than that.

But, if it wasn't, then this (pressing a few buttons for hours at an end with the proper skills and gears) is really something any trained monkey could do (even without understanding what they're doing or why they're doing it) and by no chance that couldn't qualify either as knowledge or as personal skill.

Last edited:
But, if it wasn't, then this (pressing a few buttons for hours at an end with the proper skills and gears) is really something any trained monkey could do (even without understanding what they're doing or why they're doing it) and by no chance that couldn't qualify neither as knowledge or as personal skill.

You stated in your OPs opening that you would no longer post here yet here you are still posting debating about yourself. I would like to say that yes it is very possible to profit on TT. My MU of skills and items are well over my deposit as of this point in time. I have suggested, asked and even debated with you that YOU really need to start up a blog. But as you pointed out that blogs are not as fun because you can't debate with a blog. You are starting to get really old crying all the time and it's time that you take that break you stated you were going to in the opening of this thread.

Status
Back