A honest feedback, my perspective on Entropia Universe RCE part

Status
do I need to comment on this ?

mum mum mum

As the system is now, it won't allow that typically. HOWEVER, IT SHOULD... In theory, every mob should allow anyone to loot anything at any time... That actually was a bit of a 'promise' from ancient days in some ways... one that never was really true... it should have been though...

it's not true since the 'loot tables' exist...

hmm, not sure I can agree on this part.

I do think the % return should not matter on the mob hunted. For example 0,10 ped mob should give on average 0,095 while a 10 ped mob should give 9,50 ped return.

but I do think that uber items should not drop from lesser mobs. This would just not make sense. Skills (and thus the ability to use bigger weapons and thus being able to hunt bigger mobs) should imho be rewarded. If you allow uber items to drop from lesser mobs this will for sure kill the incentive to step up and hunt bigger.

Also I didnt like the old system where you could as easily get 10k from a daikaba as from an spider. WHile I was blowing away all my ped on big mobs (with far to few skills I must add) I saw everybody around me HOF like mad on silly small mobs.
Luck was such an important factor those days. And I personally hate things where luck plays a to big factor.
I dont want things to be purely based on luck....as I never seem to have any in games. To blessed irl I guess :rolleyes:

Reactions: DoA
There's nothing wrong with hunting at your level; but also those players would be rewarded appropriately to their risk - 100ped bankroll & hunting foul young doesn't and shouldn't allow loots of modfaps, modmercs etc. Only those willing to invest in 50k USD setups and spend 1M cycle on a mob.
Well, has this happened? Are you saying it should be deliberately encoded in the system that nobody should get rewarded above their level? The chance to loot such items from a low-level creature or activity would be exceedingly small, but if all is right, not being actively prevented from happening. That those who paid a lot more are spitting fire when someone so "undeserving" has such luck is in human nature. They can all go and fry themselves an egg on it.

As I understand most discussions around loot, we are talking about regular returns and their fluctuations, not the extraordinary. We also weren't talking about those who hunt spiders with 100 ped to their name and then come complaining when it didn't last long. Their flawed approach is set straight quickly, and off the bat I don't actually recall many examples of it finding their way here and trampling on the nerves of the wealthy and sensitive. What is the point of such extreme examples? It's all found in the standard toolbox -- www.don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html

I also don't think that this whole discussion is anti-profit as such. I find it a lot more toxic if a certain group seems to believe only they deserve to be rewarded for having contributed so much. They would have the biggest chance of doing so by the nature of it, but if the system was really made anything but impartial, then trouble with supervising authorities would be assured if found out.

zGHK6Ax.gif

No issues or complaints regarding loot here.

Some people must lose for others to win. Think about that

I'll miss your threads, they are one of the few things that keep this forum alive and fun to read.

Then again you'll be back on pcf soon enough :)

Last edited:
3.8 - Quitting/Leaving
Any threads or posts about leaving Planet Calypso, Entropia Universe or PlanetCalypsoForum, such as “I’m Quitting” or “Taking a Break” whether for positive or negative reasons, will be deleted without notice. This rule applies especially to sales threads. If you are leaving Entropia Universe and are selling your items, DO NOT include comments in your sales thread that indicate that you are quitting or taking a break. Members who are curious about the intentions of the thread starter can inquire via a private message, or within Entropia Universe.

I would like to know who your say was put pressure PM or then an invention :rolleyes:
Post unnecessary you have very little play

:popcorn::popcorn:

edit : thx for your rep- DOA I did not have much ;)
incredible number of reply and thread for nothing, You contradicted most of your post :rolleyes:

Last edited:
3.8 - Quitting/Leaving
Any threads or posts about leaving Planet Calypso, Entropia Universe or PlanetCalypsoForum, such as “I’m Quitting” or “Taking a Break” whether for positive or negative reasons, will be deleted without notice. This rule applies especially to sales threads. If you are leaving Entropia Universe and are selling your items, DO NOT include comments in your sales thread that indicate that you are quitting or taking a break. Members who are curious about the intentions of the thread starter can inquire via a private message, or within Entropia Universe.

I would like to know who your say was put pressure PM or then an invention :rolleyes:
Post unnecessary you have very little play

:popcorn::popcorn:

edit : thx for your rep- DOA I did not have much ;)
incredible number of reply and thread for nothing, You contradicted most of your post :rolleyes:

Every post that isnt in line of the OP is getting a negative rep, so people are telling me. Would be a shame if true. (I know i have 1, probably 2 by end of day) :D

Every post that isnt in line of the OP is getting a negative rep, so people are telling me. Would be a shame if true. (I know i have 1, probably 2 by end of day) :D

Well yes, but that just reconfirms my suspicions there's some bigger mental issue beyond us horrible nasty forum residents.

Yes sad to say but is very true and one of the main reasons she posts I think :)

If you don't have anything good to rep, then leave a negative comment on your positive rep. Always have and always will.

Edit: FYI yes, I did get a bad negative rep from DoA for this. She really needs to look up the definition of a troll and she will find that she is the one trolling.

Last edited:
Well yes, but that just reconfirms my suspicions there's some bigger mental issue beyond us horrible nasty forum residents.

That makes 2. Maybe 3 incoming?

Yes he/she/ze has given + at times but this isn't reddit.

Ain't nobody got time for reading all dat. Error: Major bullshit detected, please shorten it to 100 words or less.

There's a quick, easy, dirty fix for OP's complaint. Just make auction fees contingent on sale, and restructure auction fees to be directly proportional to markup collected on each item auctioned. This would enable participation in an actual economy for much more of the playerbase, providing a viable alternative to gaming TT returns.

Already in a rep war with that one... good thing idgaf.

There's a quick, easy, dirty fix for OP's complaint. Just make auction fees contingent on sale, and restructure auction fees to be directly proportional to markup collected on each item auctioned. This would enable participation in an actual economy for much more of the playerbase, providing a viable alternative to gaming TT returns.

Nope, bad idea. The fees are there for a reason.

The fees are there for a reason.
Right... This is beginning to wear me a little thin. We're not living in a capitalist economy, but in a fully planned one.

Feedback is stated as honest, it is a players perspective.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions, what is wrong with that.

I like the OP's posts

The reps are no currency with any value here, so what's the commotion about. Just relax. I agree she is doing herself no favour with it, but she has also been open with the issues that contribute to triggering such behaviour. Other than that her contributions are valuable to enough members to come forward and say so, the rest is better advised to simply ignore it. You complain about her writing more than playing? Then how about you getting worked up over it more than actually playing? Go shoot something if it angers you so much. Or rather, instead of letting it get to you in the first place.

She stated it's an honest feedback, from her point of view / experience / her play style.

Agree with it, disagree with it.

I don't see the reason for arguement about the op herself when she said she is stating her views. :scratch2:

As for me, I think she makes a few fair points, although I don't necessarily agree with everything she stated. As for loot 2.0, ask me again in a couple of months time when I have a better idea of how it is working. Right now, I don't think anyone has enough experience to state how the changes are for sure.

If you disagree, make your own counter arguments, or just ignore this thread.

She stated it's an honest feedback, from her point of view / experience / her play style.

Agree with it, disagree with it.

I don't see the reason for arguement about the op herself when she said she is stating her views. :scratch2:
Well, it must be right on top of the standard "toolbox" for a reason. People try shooting the man first before tackling an argument, because it usually is more work. I'll be citing this address a lot more often:
http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html#hominem

Its hilarious how the little 17 year old kid abuses the neg rep button to cure her anger managment problems.
Some funny shit....

Out of the last 40 +rep or -neg rep I have received:

37 positive
3 negative

All three negative are DoA.

The funny thing is, her -reps give me about -5pts, while others +reps give me 20-40.

Ridiculousness of the actions aside, I'm fairly certain in the OP she stated she was leaving (again). Odd that I keep getting these little snarky comments in my user CP...

Out of the last 40 +rep or -neg rep I have received:

37 positive
3 negative

All three negative are DoA.

The funny thing is, her -reps give me about -5pts, while others +reps give me 20-40.

Ridiculousness of the actions aside, I'm fairly certain in the OP she stated she was leaving (again). Odd that I keep getting these little snarky comments in my user CP...

Hehe, same here, on the page where recieved rep is shown, the only red ones (4)are from her, I actually dont care much about this, but it shows she has some issues. Shes clearly abusing the rep function, and mods should take action, cause im sure its against some rule.

Reactions: Aio
Why care about forum reputation? After all, its just some number on some forum for some game

in a game like this one reputation is important.

anyway ,a few - rep dont cont so much

Status
Back