A honest feedback, my perspective on Entropia Universe RCE part

Status
You stated in your OPs opening that you would no longer post here yet here you are still posting debating about yourself. I would like to say that yes it is very possible to profit on TT. My MU of skills and items are well over my deposit as of this point in time. I have suggested, asked and even debated with you that YOU really need to start up a blog. But as you pointed out that blogs are not as fun because you can't debate with a blog. You are starting to get really old crying all the time and it's time that you take that break you stated you were going to in the opening of this thread.

As far as it concerns me, I pretty much I already took my break, haven't posted in other threads.

But as long as people insist on keep posting on my thread, yeah, I have to answer and defend my point of view. So if you (and everyone else) actually want me to stop posting here too, just stop doing it yourself in the first place and let the thread die. I will assure you that as long as no one else will post after me, I won't be the one to post again, but, otherwise, obviously, I can't allow you to spread lies, attack me and derail my thread and have no reaction.

And, by the way, if you're really curious, I do have a blog (doaeu.wordpress.com), just like I also have a twitch channel, just that, unlike others, I didn't feel the need to add it in my signature, create a thread about it or spam about it in the game.

Last edited:
But as long as people insist on keep posting on my thread, yeah, I have to answer and defend my point of view.

You don't have to, its okay to walk away.

Reactions: DoA
And, by the way, if you're really curious, I do have a blog (doaeu.wordpress.com), just like I also have a twitch channel, just that, unlike others, I didn't feel the need to add it in my signature, create a thread about it or spam about it in the game.

There you go! Happy to see you started one last month.

As said already, as it is explained here, negative reputation should be given if we find a post that is clearly off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair and all the negative reputations I gave were for post which, at least in my vision were falling under one of these categories (rude, inciteful, flaming, off-topic, thread derailing), mostly for posts that were off-topic.

Now I don't care what you do in other threads, but if you do post off-topic (and yeah, I consider that all these whining about reputation is just more off-topic messages) in a thread I started, you can be sure that I will -rep you. If you post off-topic 1,000 times, I will -rep you 1,000 times, 'till you either stop posting off-topic (or simply stop posting at all) in the threads I started or 'till a moderator/admin tells me to, otherwise I simply don't care at all how much (or how less)
my ratings bother you.

As far as it concerns me, posting off-topic is a bad action and bad actions should be punished, so I choose to punish you in the only way that the forum mechanics allow me. I do the very same thing (I obviously mean +rep) every time when I think a post is especially useful and deserves to be rewarded. Is nothing personal against you, just a "civic duty" of delivering "justice", either in the form of "punishment" or "reward". Is as simple as that.

to be fair, isn't this post off topic from the very first post? so by your reasoning I should give you neg reps...... just sayin....

That's when I understood that it's not because MA that I was not able to break even or at least get more entertainment out of my money, despite playing in the most eco possible mode, but because of these people that were taking away a part of money, leaving me with lower returns and with less entertainment time.
This ^ is utter bullsh*t. You clearly do not understand how the system functions at its fundamental level. If ubers are profiting on TT it does not mean that those on the lower end of the spectrum would get shafted.

Have you looked at or seen my hunting thread? Low level hunting very profitable, using a similar approach to hunting efficiently. So if you were not profiting, the only one to blame was yourself. Ubers took from mid-lvl players who try to hit up their turf and end up depositing their peds into the mobs the ubers hunt.

The ubers would profit of the mid level players who at the end of the day, took the short straw, sad but true. Ubers hunting in EST etc did not effect any of my own personal activities within the game, it is called micro-transactions not macro-transactions. So I had no problems profiting off other low lvl hunters who were less efficient.

That was the only edge I had and tried to maintain, which has now in Loot 2:0 evaporated! Do you understand now? So stop writing utter drivel for people to think was the previous reality because it wasn't.

You say that ubers profited not because of gear alone, but because they knew how to use it. If that is actually true, then I'll take back all complaints I made, I'll apologize and I'll just move on knowing that I was wrong all along and that, indeed, they deserved their profits, because those came as a result of actually being smarter / more skilled (as in personal skills, not avatar skills).

But in order to support your claim can you please answer me a very basic question. In order to profit on TT alone was there any need to do anything other than:
- have proper skills;
- have top gear - weapon+amp, tagger/pre-damager, finisher, seasonal rings, crit scopes, buffs, EST, Arsonistic Chip, etc (not even needing to calculate yourself what gear you need to be maxed on crit for example, but just copy the gear your other uber friends were using);
- pick a random mob at your level which allowed you to keep defensive costs at below 1% and obviously not damage your EST (if using it);
- hunt for hours and hours at a time (or, alternatively, use Joda's wave detection tool and only hunt during waves)
- rinse and repeat day after day
- fill withdraw request
?

If there was anything else other than that needed to profit on TT alone, please just say it (not say what it was, maybe that's a secret, and I'm totally Ok with it), but just say that indeed it was more than that.

But, if it wasn't, then this (pressing a few buttons for hours at an end with the proper skills and gears) is really something any trained monkey could do (even without understanding what they're doing or why they're doing it) and by no chance that couldn't qualify either as knowledge or as personal skill.

If you have never read a profitable hunt based off markup using IMK2, then read this, just for you!
> https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?260753-Loot-System-Exposed-For-Smart-People!-(2-years-of-data)&p=3244877&viewfull=1#post3244877

So all you have deposited is 1200 ped? I make that in a month easily and I don't give a service to any one which is of value or to earn with in-game, but can withdraw 1-2K peds monthly if I so wished.

Last edited:
This ^ is utter bullsh*t. You clearly do not understand how the system functions at its fundamental level. Have you looked at or seen my hunting thread? Low level hunting very profitable, using a similar approach to hunting efficiently. So if you were not profiting, the only one to blame was yourself.

Actually yeah, I know your thread very well. And, again, actually, I did everything you mentioned there (and even a bit more I would dare to say):

- My tagger (when I needed one), was Bukin's Spare Rifle + A101, same as you suggest in your thread (and #2 in your most eco table);
- My main weapon wat TT weapon + ZX Sinkadus, same as you suggested in your thread (and #1 in your most eco table);
- Then, unlike you, depending on HP left on mob I didn't used only one finisher, but three, so I can minimize the overkill further more; these were TT weapon (5 damage, better DPP, but more damage than the HK-110), HK-110 (4 damage, which is the one you recommended yourself) and Pistol (SA) (L) (2 damage, for when even HK's 4 damage would have been too much overkill);
- I had 0 defensive costs (no armor, no fap, trying to just not get hit too much and just wait for natural regen when it still happened);
- I had 0 extra costs (as in no vehicle, no teleport, etc);
- I used Ares (L) ring for a little bit of extra DPP;
- I hunted mostly 30 HP mobs, with a total average damage done of 31.88 HP per mob, so both overkill and regen were minimal (6.26% for both overkill and regen cumulated);
- My mobs (bots on Cyrene) actually had items with decent MU;
- My mobs were lowest maturity mobs in their class;
- I had a bankroll of ~1,000 PED so enough to kill 9,000+ mobs before having to sell loot or recycle ammo/shrapnel; I consider that was more than enough to ride the bad waves (in comparison in your thread you suggested 3,000 mobs)

Still, I didn't profit or even break even (although yeah, I was somehow close, ~92% return rate and ~98% return rate after MU).

So, master, please tell me what I did wrong and what you would have done better, because, at least in your famous thread you sent me to I can't see a single thing that you recommended, which I didn't. Also, which were the fundamental things I was obviously missing?

And no, those 1,200 PEDs were not the only money which I ever deposited; before quitting the game last year I had both deposited and withdraw for various reasons. Those 1,200 PEDs were deposits I made since my return, which came on top of the items I had and on top of some UA I had left.

And no, I didn't wanted to profit; I was actually Ok with losing because I always considered that we all have to pay our share from the bill for the entertainment we're getting out of the game, and by being as eco as possible we're only making our money last longer. It was only in the moment when I realized that other people actually make constant TT profits (I don't talk about those having occasional profits because of a lucky hit) that I decided that I don't want to finance their profits any longer so I voted with my wallet. That's all.

Last edited:
So all you have deposited is 1200 ped? I make that in a month easily and I don't give a service to any one which is of value or to earn with in-game, but can withdraw 1-2K peds monthly if I so wished.

:scratch2:

Is this coming from the same guy who rage sold all his gear and withdrew his money because he was no longer profiting?

Still, I didn't profit or even break even (although yeah, I was somehow close).

So, "master", please tell me what I did wrong and what you would have done better, because, at least in your famous thread you sent me to I can't see a single thing that you recommended, which I didn't.

you did not do anything wrong.
Rufen just had some good runs with some globals on small mobs. That lets you profit.
But in the long run he is now losing as well.

I can say I profited very well on the LT II and LT III missions, making around 300 ped profit on 1250 LT.

If I had stopped I would have been all positive and cheerful claiming I did it all right. used the right stuff, etc etc.

But now 600 LT done of the 3k mission I'm now from 300 ped positive to 400 ped in the minus.
Meaning I lost 700 ped on 600 LT!! Doing the same as before.
Loot just simply took a nose dive going kamikaze on me, driving me completely mad! :mad:

It still is for a great part a matter of luck.

Last edited:

I am no master, but I am glad to see my thread helped your hunting ventures.

I do not know why I expected to profit while hunting but I always did with MU.

It wasn't till much later that I discovered TT profits were possible through dpp.

That is when my thinking changed and knew I can win against the house odds.

I never wanted to profit as such, I have always wanted to at least break even.

Markup helped me to achieve that but getting TT profits may have skewed me?

The last few posts #96,97,98 have been interesting again - ty for that.
When I was massively doing 10 hp punies I initially got a 10-12 pedder every 10k mobs or so, which made a nice difference.

What I noticed was that those little globals became rarer and rarer as I got my total to a few 100ks, so my returns slipped accordingly. I wasn't using really eco stuff, but was low on overkill, yes.

Maybe this is true for others too for when they do their first 100k of a mob, or whatever, so things can average nicely to start but then drops - or at least in loot 1.0. I've no idea what repeating a test now would bring.
P.S - I also like the 30 hp Cyrene bots, but am not there at the moment...

:scratch2:. Is this coming from the same guy who rage sold all his gear and withdrew his money because he was no longer profiting? You did not do anything wrong. Rufen just had some good runs with some globals on small mobs. That lets you profit. But in the long run he is now losing as well.

Like I said, I have been profiting long before acquiring additional gear. The only reason why I am unable to profit long term now is because the TT returns are so skewed that no amount of markup would make up the difference lol. You think I have had luck? Your sadly mistaken, both times I was near finishing any iron stage 5 challenge it would end in a massive dip in returns. Globals were then a guarantee too offset the losses. I never counted on globals to profit anyways, but they would happen due to large enough return deficits I had to pay for to other players or system lol. In the long run I am losing, but I am not losing my own peds, that is the only difference wizz/e guy and have no issues with carrying on hunting low level.

I am no master, but I am glad to see my thread helped your hunting ventures.

I do not know why I expected to profit while hunting but I always did with MU.

It wasn't till much later that I discovered TT profits were possible through dpp.

That is when my thinking changed and knew I can win against the house odds.

I never wanted to profit as such, I have always wanted to at least break even.

Markup helped me to achieve that but getting TT profits may have skewed me?

Yeah, I always thought your thread was a really nice one (and quite sure if you'll look you'll find both a +rep and a positive comment in the thread itself, from its early stages for me).

Now I can't really say that it actually did help me, since I came to pretty much the same conclusions by myself and I scanned all weapons with low enough dps (because I always tried to limit my dps to my budget and desired hours of game time) from Entropedia and came with my own list. But, nevertheless, it was definitely good to see a confirmation, so kudos for that.

Still, you haven't told me what you would have done different / improved on my hunting style so I could have been profited since you earlier said that it was very easy to profit at a low level and that is only my fault that I didn't. So please do enlighten me.

profit.jpg

I can help you to profit on low level mobs... Like i already said: add me ingame...
Don't expect super big profits, but it will be very doable and will keep you going. It also depends on a shitload of factors... so it's not only the gear you are using.

Some people don't wanna share all their info on how they do it... you must understand that.
Would you share all your succesfull info to other people so they will do the same?
Cause if all do the same... the system will change, cause not everyone can win.
It's hard to tell where MindArk is putting the bar untill "its balanced" because a group of players doing the same and then they change it again making it move to other way.

Like you already explained about loot 2.0... people were doing the same... If you keep doing the same like others... the system will change aggain, maybe loot 3.0? Or possibly 2.1 if its only a small group knowing how to do this.

But remember... the profit comes from people who are losing, trying their best just like you... I hope you don't mind that!

Some people have to lose in order to people to win. It's how it goes. :)
Some people get sad from losing, some people get happy from making profit.
If all win... MindArk will go bankrupt. And if all lose, all players will stop playing EU.

It's all about balance. Overall, the game is dynamic. But there is major % of making it work in doing profession.

Spending to enjoy is the key! :wtg:
I have been around for over a decade and can help you reach your goal and make you understand how it works.

Last edited:
Actually yeah, I know your thread very well. And, again, actually, I did everything you mentioned there (and even a bit more I would dare to say):

- My tagger (when I needed one), was Bukin's Spare Rifle + A101, same as you suggest in your thread (and #2 in your most eco table);
- My main weapon wat TT weapon + ZX Sinkadus, same as you suggested in your thread (and #1 in your most eco table);
- Then, unlike you, depending on HP left on mob I didn't used only one finisher, but three, so I can minimize the overkill further more; these were TT weapon (5 damage, better DPP, but more damage than the HK-110), HK-110 (4 damage, which is the one you recommended yourself) and Pistol (SA) (L) (2 damage, for when even HK's 4 damage would have been too much overkill);
- I had 0 defensive costs (no armor, no fap, trying to just not get hit too much and just wait for natural regen when it still happened);
- I had 0 extra costs (as in no vehicle, no teleport, etc);
- I used Ares (L) ring for a little bit of extra DPP;
- I hunted mostly 30 HP mobs, with a total average damage done of 31.88 HP per mob, so both overkill and regen were minimal (6.26% for both overkill and regen cumulated);
- My mobs (bots on Cyrene) actually had items with decent MU;
- My mobs were lowest maturity mobs in their class;
- I had a bankroll of ~1,000 PED so enough to kill 9,000+ mobs before having to sell loot or recycle ammo/shrapnel; I consider that was more than enough to ride the bad waves (in comparison in your thread you suggested 3,000 mobs)

Still, I didn't profit or even break even (although yeah, I was somehow close, ~92% return rate and ~98% return rate after MU).

So, master, please tell me what I did wrong and what you would have done better, because, at least in your famous thread you sent me to I can't see a single thing that you recommended, which I didn't. Also, which were the fundamental things I was obviously missing?

And no, those 1,200 PEDs were not the only money which I ever deposited; before quitting the game last year I had both deposited and withdraw for various reasons. Those 1,200 PEDs were deposits I made since my return, which came on top of the items I had and on top of some UA I had left.

And no, I didn't wanted to profit; I was actually Ok with losing because I always considered that we all have to pay our share from the bill for the entertainment we're getting out of the game, and by being as eco as possible we're only making our money last longer. It was only in the moment when I realized that other people actually make constant TT profits (I don't talk about those having occasional profits because of a lucky hit) that I decided that I don't want to finance their profits any longer so I voted with my wallet. That's all.

:popcorn::popcorn:

I do not understand your post
what do you search ?

main weapon: TT weap :eyecrazy: and you talk about feedback wake up little girl :girl:

In which game did you see that the 1st weapon was the one to progress ?
I see not even why you calculate something the beginning is enough provided in quest and various object to arrive at a level that will allow you to have a weapon a little better than that TT
You already have lost your credibility by posting things that you do not even put on other thread.
Has to want to make you notice and forget, I do not see what you expect from your post

But it's fun to read someone with 1% experience who thinks you know everything before you even start :popcorn::popcorn:

Go to school and lie to believe that MA will pay you a life to play

She is 16 years old,
I start at the same age and if I look a little these post she probably thinks as much as one can live play etc, (Romanian average wage 500 €)
Sorry but I will not insist young noMajor players wanting to break the head in profitability calculations or venture into a game much more dangerous than at the time , in level sum invested :rolleyes:

main weapon: TT weap :eyecrazy: and you talk about feedback wake up little girl :girl:

In which game did you see that the 1st weapon was the one to progress ?
I see not even why you calculate something the beginning is enough provided in quest and various object to arrive at a level that will allow you to have a weapon a little better than that TT
You already have lost your credibility by posting things that you do not even put on other thread.
Has to want to make you notice and forget, I do not see what you expect from your post
But it's fun to read someone with 1% experience who thinks you know everything before you even start
Go to school and lie to believe that MA will pay you a life to play

I may be a little girl (and I don't find any shame in this), but you for sure are a big i***t. At least, some day, I'll grow up and I'll stop being a little girl. I honestly hope that the same thing can be said about you too. ;)

For you, TT gun may be just a starting weapon, but it is more eco than your high-level gun (obviously, reported to mobs of correct damage range for both, and remember, we should hunt according to our budget, not according to our level).

My TT gun + ZX Sinkadus was 2.981 DPP.

Your gun (King King U60) was between 2.894 and 2.945 (you admitted yourself that this is your gun and you used it both unamped, amped with Beast or amped with Dante). And loot 1.0 was, as we all know, a DPP dominant model (Ludwig said that himself).

0lKJ0h1.png

Also, as previously said:
- my defensive skills were 0
- extra damage done (so overkill summed up with regen) was 6.26%
I'm quite sure that your numbers were worse than mine.

So yeah, you may play this game since more than a decade, you may have spent lots of money and got to whatever levels, but in terms of game knowledge, you're worse than a noob little girl. And that is something you could be ashamed.

Last edited:
It's sad to see that someone who is trying to make things work ingame and is asking for help is getting treated like this. She is "young", she needs to "learn"... don't we all?

If people understand her SO well... why dont you explain it properly?
Entropia has it's reason that it's still existing after all these years right?

This game needs more succesfull stories in order to get more players and make this game grow...
You guys arent helping any.
If you think there isnt any succes, you are totally wrong and doing it wrong.

Last edited:

DoA has already show stats in her reply, but the new L TT guns are pretty good compared to the TT guns we started with, especially when amped. plus as she says, she wants to hunt small so the TT guns are pretty perfect for this... you don't bring a high powered railgun to kill a fly, choose weapons accordingly.

Reactions: SHY

Think a minimum what you say, you speak that it is the weapon TT but what evolution to stay with the weapon TT.??

You're debating profit with starting weapons it's ridiculous, you're falling low in this game. Or it's more a game for you :rolleyes:

Think a minimum what you say, you speak that it is the weapon TT but what evolution to stay with the weapon TT.??

You're debating profit with starting weapons it's ridiculous, you're falling low in this game. Or it's more a game for you

Actually, I know exactly what I say.

Unlike you (and others), I actually enjoy playing Entropia Universe, and, like it or not, the game mechanics don't really change from puny mobs to uber mobs - you still target a mob, pull it with a tagger (that's optional), have a few shots at it with your main weapon (ideally probably somewhere between 5 and 10 per mob, but that's debatable), heal if needed (hopefully not needed), switch to a finisher and have one-two last shots, loot, rinse and repeat.

The game doesn't get more complex, more entertainment or more skill intensive at high levels. Is just that you play at a higher cost, which translates into proportionally higher losses or profits. In this regards is exactly like a slots machine; playing at a $10 slots machine or at a $0.05 slots machine is the very same thing, just the bet is higher or lower. Some prefer a higher bet, some prefer a lower bet.

For myself, I knew what my budget is (about $10-$20 per month, which is on par with what a subscription in another MMO would cost), I knew I want to get about 80-100 hours of entertainment for that amount of money (since that's the number of hours I usually spend playing computer games per month) so I just calculated at what level I should play to afford that number of hours of entertainment with my budget.

It was actually a rather easy to solve problem.

My $10 translated in 100 PEDs (not 96 because I was using the universal ammo package from the web shop since I intended to cycle them anyway); and yes, I know previously I said $10-$20 and now went with only $10, because the other $10 I was budgeting for purchases.

Presuming an average of 90% return rate, that means that I could cycle my PEDs 10 times before they would vanish completely through the entropy effect, so I could cycle 1,000 PED per month. Any potential return over 90% or profit via MU went through investment fund too.

Since I want to get 80-100 hours of entertainment for this money, it means I can only afford to cycle 10-12.5 PEDs per hour.

The TT gun + ZX amp cost me right about that, so yeah, they were the perfect option for me DPS wise. The fact that it also had an amazing DPP made it a great option.

If you would have followed a similar approach (know your budget, your desired number of entertainment hours and calculate the level at which you should play), maybe you wouldn't now have to whine on each and every post on this forum about how expensive EU is for you. ;)

PS: You keep telling me to go to school (both in here and in reputation messages). I imagine that's because of some bad personal experience where you ignored school because of gaming and end up in a bad place in life. I thank you for your concern, but I assure you that I'm a straight A student and games never took priority compared with education in my case.

Last edited:
Actually, I know exactly what I say.

Unlike you (and others), I actually enjoy playing Entropia Universe, and, like it or not, the game mechanics don't really change from puny mobs to uber mobs - you still target a mob, pull it with a tagger (that's optional), have a few shots at it with your main weapon (ideally probably somewhere between 5 and 10 per mob, but that's debatable), heal if needed (hopefully not needed), switch to a finisher and have one-two last shots, loot, rinse and repeat.

The game doesn't get more complex a, more entertainment or more skill intensive at high levels. Is just that you play at a higher cost, which translates into proportionally higher losses or profits. In this regards is exactly like a slots machine; playing at a $10 slots machine or at a $0.05 slots machine is the very same thing, just the bet is higher or lower. Some prefer a higher bet, some prefer a lower bet.

It DOES get more complex, and besides that, there is a need of knowledge and EXPERIENCE.. and a shitload of braincracking stuff as a starter. Let me explain. The stuff you just said are just the very very basic things, just look further... Skillboosts, lootwaves, types of loot, pets, amounts of specific loots, thrills, using a specific weapon in combination with specific damage-over-time weapons, crits, damage, armor, dps, eco, investments, change of economy/markups and a shitload of more factors, even as other players hunting the same mob as you and even things like disconnections and lag eg. the environment is affected on the behaving of your avatars actions, and the behaving of other avatars, being at the right spot at the right moment, the amount of specific item used by a specific amount of people, switching mobs at the right timing, move to another planet at the right timing... its a lot of personal experience and knowledge you have to build yourself...the amount of money you are depositing, the peds you use after selling sweat. Even taking a break to take a shit on the toilet can affect your gameplay. So it's a lot of factors, and the things i just specified is only a very very small part. You must understand now... its a totally personal thing... also every avatar ingame is unique, if i do the same as you... i can bet my ass off you wont get exactly the same results.. profithunting is very possible, but it doesnt meant you will get the same profit for doing exactly the same thing i would do. You need to be active ingame a lot, learn to understand and get feeling with the game and build experience. It's a process that takes time. "Rome wasnt build in 1 day either".

For myself, I knew what my budget is (about $10-$20 per month, which is on par with what a subscription in another MMO would cost), I knew I want to get about 80-100 hours of entertainment for that amount of money (since that's the number of hours I usually spend playing computer games per month) so I just calculated at what level I should play to afford that number of hours of entertainment with my budget.

It was actually a rather easy to solve problem.

My $10 translated in 100 PEDs (not 96 because I was using the universal ammo package from the web shop since I intended to cycle them anyway); and yes, I know previously I said $10-$20 and now went with only $10, because the other $10 I was budgeting for purchases.

Presuming an average of 90% return rate, that means that I could cycle my PEDs 10 times before they would vanish completely through the entropy effect, so I could cycle 1,000 PED per month. Any potential return over 90% or profit via MU went through investment fund too.

Stop presuming... It's the mother of fuckups and disapointments

Since I want to get 80-100 hours of entertainment for this money, it means I can only afford to cycle 10-12.5 PEDs per hour.

The TT gun + ZX amp cost me right about that, so yeah, they were the perfect option for me DPS wise. The fact that it also had an amazing DPP made it a great option.

If you would have followed a similar approach (know your budget, your desired number of entertainment hours and calculate the level at which you should play), maybe you wouldn't now have to whine on each and every post on this forum about how expensive EU is for you. ;)

PS: You keep telling me to go to school (both in here and in reputation messages). I imagine that's because of some bad personal experience where you ignored school because of gaming. I thank you for your concern, but I assure you that I'm a straight A student and games never took priority compared with education in my case.

.................. :)

Last edited:
.................. :)

Theoretical experience on the forum is more than playing the game. This is PCF afterall.

It DOES get more complex. Let me explain. The stuff you just said are just the very very basic things, look further... Skillboosts, lootwaves, different loot, amounts of specific loots, more thrill, possibility of crits, damage, armor, dps, eco, investments, ECONOMY(!) and a shitload of more factors, even as OTHER PLAYERS hunting the same mob as you and some effective stuff like disconnections and lag, the programmed environment that is affected on the behaving of your avatar, being at the right spot at the right moment, the amount of specific item used by a specific amount of people... its IMPOSSIBLE to trace/track down these information... because it's a LOT of factors. Also... its a totally personal thing... EVERY avatar ingame is unique, if i do the same as you... i can bet my ass off you wont get exactly the same results.. profithunting is very possible, but it doesnt meant you will get the same profit for doing exactly the same thing i would do

Sure, what you say makes sense, and I even said it multiple other times that, in my vision, the only advantage of a higher level should be given by the fact that you have a larger amount of options to choose from, which you can vary from one moment to another to adapt to the supply and demand realities of the economy. So yeah, I don't contest this, having a higher level sure adds an extra level of complexity, but the hunting mechanics themselves (which are fun and relaxing for me) are just the same, so it is only worth to hurry to progress only if you're convinced that you know what you're doing and if you have the budget to sustain a higher level of play. In terms of entertainment and game mechanics, killing a 50 hp mob with a 5 DPS weapon is about the same as killing a 1,000 hp mob with a 100 DPS weapon. And since my goal in game was to have fun, not necessarily to make profit, I found it wisest to play at the level I know I can sustain, since the higher level wouldn't necessarily give me more entertainment value (and certainly not for the same money).

Stop presuming...

Actually, that was a very safe (even conservative/pessimistic) assumption, and it was deliberately made like that, so I can be (almost) sure that I couldn't end up with negative surprises.

I think is better to count on 90% return rates (since I fail yet to see someone hunting eco and ending up lower than this) and just enjoy a few percents higher when it happens, instead of counting on 95% or 98% or whatever and have all your plans shattered when you fail to achieve said goal because of bad luck or something else.

Is the same kind of conservative model that I apply IRL; I never assume that an object I buy will resist more than its warranty period, so I budget so when it the warranty is over I have money for a replacement. Sure, if it still holds after that, is all great, but if it doesn't, at least I am prepared for the worst.

"Hope for the best, but get prepared for the worst."

Last edited:

Don't... This proves again you are assuming...
The experienced ones will tell you: "Put on stack what you are ready with, willing to "pay" in order to have fun."

Like paying for a ticket to watch a movie in a theatre.
You have only seen a trailer... now you should go for the full personal experience.

See the difference? It's all about the mindset.

Last edited:
Actually, that was a very safe (even conservative/pessimistic) assumption, and it was deliberately made like that, so I can be (almost) sure that I couldn't end up with negative surprises.

I think is better to count on 90% return rates (since I fail yet to see someone hunting eco and ending up lower than this) and just enjoy a few percents higher when it happens, instead of counting on 95% or 98% or whatever and have all your plans shattered when you fail to achieve said goal because of bad luck or something else.

Is the same kind of conservative model that I apply IRL; I never assume that an object I buy will resist more than its warranty period, so I budget so when it the warranty is over I have money for a replacement. Sure, if it still holds after that, is all great, but if it doesn't, at least I am prepared for the worst.

pretty much https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?287791-Risk-of-Ruin-Bankroll-Management

DoA, forgive me for being frank but it seems you excel at starting flame threads on yourself and it seems the root cause people reject your statements really is because you don't have the tangible experience needed to back up your theories and yet you defend them as fact. But you keep at it anyway. This pattern alarms me. Please don't feel like you need to plus rep me, I'm not trying to get rep, I'm just trying to save you from yourself. It's perfectly fine to suggest theory, or contemplate ideas. But nothing is fact until proven.

That is an amazing post from 5$, but nothing I didn't consider.

Actually, with 5$'s numbers, in my hunting period:
- Bankroll: 1,000 PED fixed bank roll + 100 PED deposit every month = 1,100 PED; whenever I had more than 1,000 PED at the end of the month, I moved them to "investments" account
- Daily Cycle: 1,000 PED / 30 days = 33.33 PED day
- Lower Bound Risk: 80%
- Lower Bound Result: -6.66 PED
- Risk of Ruin (Lower Bound Result / Bankroll): 6.66 / 1,100 = 0.0060 = 0.60% (or 167 straight days of 80% return rate to go broke)

I considered the set mean (the set mean being the TT return relative to my setup as 5$ was saying) 90% TT return rates, so my 100 PEDs deposited equalling (on average) 1,000 PEDs cycled.

At this moment, without deposits, just swunting caraboks:
- Bankroll: 500 PED fixed bank roll + 60 PED per month from sweat selling; whenever I have more than 1,000 PED at the end of the month, I moved them to "investments" account
- Daily Cycle: <4.8 PED day
- Lower Bound Risk: 80%
- Lower Bound Result: -0.96 PED
- Risk of Ruin (Lower Bound Result / Bankroll): 0.96 / 560 = 0.0017 = 0.17% (or 588 straight days of 80% return rate to go broke)

So yeah, I play and I always played safe (maybe even too safe), having a conservative expected mean value and a big enough bankroll (compared to my hunting level) to sustain me even in the really worst scenarios.

PS: Before someone comes with the "brilliant" idea to accuse me that I only faked these numbers now after you pointed me to 5$'s thread, to make myself look good, I want to specify clearly that they were made before (and you can check by yourself):

- I had a bankroll of ~1,000 PED

100 hours per month / 30 days (average, normally I don't play weekends) = 3,33 hours per day; 3.33 hours * 10 PED = 33.33 PED / day. Alternatively 80 hours per month / 30 days = 2.66 hours per day; 2.66 hours * 12.5 PED = 33.25 PED / day. [the red part was added now just to see what number math leads to]

Last edited:
DoA, forgive me for being frank but it seems you excel at starting flame threads on yourself and it seems the root cause people reject your statements really is because you don't have the tangible experience needed to back up your theories and yet you defend them as fact. But you keep at it anyway. This pattern alarms me. Please don't feel like you need to plus rep me, I'm not trying to get rep, I'm just trying to save you from yourself. It's perfectly fine to suggest theory, or contemplate ideas. But nothing is fact until proven.

Don't worry, that's an off topic post so expect a snarky comment incoming.

The whole thread is ridiculous, an attempt to get comments as she's a self proclaimed drama queen ("Disagree and answered, but I respect the fact that you presented your arguments in a logical and respectful way. I love this kind of discussions." [from before this thread was created]).

She needs to grow up and probably find something better to do with her time.

That is an amazing post from 5$, but nothing I didn't consider.

Now now, don't put yourself on his level.

Now now, don't put yourself on his level.

No, I don't consider that I am at his level.

And although I deeply dislike the guy (for his dirty mind, for his many jokes and for his arrogance), I definitely do respect his intelligence.

And yeah, while I do consider myself more intelligent than the majority of people both in game and on forums, I always said and I will always say that 5$ is far smarter than me, same as a few other people around here like Jhereg, Immortal, Divinity, Jetsina, Haruto to name just a few.

All I said is that the risk of ruin is actually quite a basic concept and that I was well aware of this one, and that was proved in the exact post you partially quoted by lining the numbers and being way under (his) recommended "lower than 2% margin".

Last edited:
People complaining about flame threads while pouring petrol on them.
People calling OP a child yet carrying on an argument with her (way to go heroes)
Snarky passive/aggressive petty things like getting her gender wrong.

Well I don't really make a profit hunting, so am not as clever as the ones with heaps to say here.
I do aim to play for fun, relaxation, enjoyment.

Too many trolls infesting this thread I think.
Give the put downs a rest & concentrate on contributing what could help people here.
Nobody really cares if you set out to prove the OP an idiot & you clever

Status
Back