Anyone else out there really love hunting without armor? Why or why not?

Lefty

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Medb Lefty Lucy
I'm curious... I can't be the only hunter who feels this way. I've seen the math about the efficiency of armor versus healing, but intuitively (and my intuition is uncommonly well honed on most topics), it feels like I get the same returns with or without armor. There are probably plenty of tests to prove me wrong. What I'm interested in is, are there advantages to hunting without armor, and if so, what are they? Obviously faster skilling in Paramedic, which is fine, but maybe other advantages I'm not thinking of?

On a related topic, do Evade and Dodge come in any faster with armor than without?

...Not afraid to expose the gaps in my understanding :rolleyes:

I used to hunt without armor a lot, but with the changes in armor decay it's not efficient unless you can hunt without armor AND without the need to heal.

Sounds like the market value of Zeraf will go up then...

I have always hunted mostly naked , mind you I have always been a noob hunter as well.

Recently I purchased a adj resto which makes it even more enjoyable to let it all hang out.

Having looted a UL Boiga last month I have revived my taming skilling and am currently grinding mang chang and rhino's , of course naked.

just plate up... add something like 5b and all of a sudden even the weakest armor can take a pounding. More and more low level missions are giving out armor and plates as part of the mission chains, so if you are doing those anyways, just use the armor you are getting there as it will likely last you a while.

if you do start using armor, pay attention to the stats since the protection type and how much each has is everything from mob to mob... No electric protection and even bristlehog pups around PA mall are gonna hurt unless you fap from time to time. Add in some plates for em, or something with default electric damage, and they are no problem. Currently I'm using adjusted pixie to tame em (so have to get in a lot closer than if you are only using a gun) and doing just fine.

Last edited:
I like to see good made avatars and their clothes.
I feel that most of armors are ugly and hide avatar body and make him look like old truck.
For example i played L2 where armors make avatars pretty and sexy.
I liked MA invisible armors but price was too high.
I would like tailoring materials with protective proprieties to be good dressed without ugly armors.
I played first 6 or 7 years from beta and up in noob clothes as eternal noob even if I had variety of armors to use on occasions.
Sadly we lost noob clothes in exchange for nowadays ugly ones.
I liked to skill paramedic so being without armor was good choice,
Also participating on events where mobs kill you with one hit armored or not give no reason to wear it.
But now I see I got lazy thought the years to loose time with healing and got used to keep armor also on small mobs where armor really do not need.

On a related topic, do Evade and Dodge come in any faster with armor than without?

If you get hit from one drone is one thing - you get dodge, you heal yourself and kill it.
But if you wear armor and collect 20-30 drones you can heal yourself and kill all one by one or you can walk with them to turret and you get a lot of dodge. Is doable with mod fap but I suppose average player don't have it so armor is god choice.

Same for evade - try to collect 30 tantilions, or merps or hunt auri and you will se difference in skill gain in same amount of time.

I have been primarily hunting without armor for the pass couple of years, Since I got the imp rest chip a year ago, even my mod 2350 fap is not being used much.

I started current migration naked, but currently am wearing grem / 5b for LT dom in the migration.

Not too sure if on a long term basis I will use armor or not. Still figuring things out for loot 2.0

This is why armor crafters can't put food on their tables lately.
Use armor - help poor armor crafter :yay:
And then they will buy your loot. :yay:
And in the end you will make more profit if you use crafted armor :yay:

Asked this same question months ago. Varied answer but mostly people who hunted naked said they would like to skill paramedic. Well I am a lvl 39 paramedic and I can tell you I have been that for a long, long time. Plus I hunted for a long time without armor and still I am a lvl 39 paramedic. Moreover, I am a 51 evader and I think I have been that for a year, maybe more. I also found, for me anyway, depending on the mob, my FAP decay and armor decay were about the same except I could kill mobs faster because I did not have to heal. Neither my FAP or my armor leveled up much either so what's the diff? BTW if the few pecs in decay between using armor or FAP make a diff to you, you might want to try another game:).

Real hunters hunt naked.... and also without armor.

:wise:

More Turnover
Less Healing
More Gains
Get Tiers?

I use armor for team hunts; so just for fun.

For personal hunting, if I need armor, the mob is too big for me.

I sold my higher end armors and I'm just using Nemesis + 8A SGA plates, my repair costs are minimal and I use an adj hedoc if I need healing. But I do feel like, when naked, my defensive costs are about the same (more healing decay). The benefit of using the armor is to avoid taking excess damage from random crit hits.

Naked up to mob levels that hit me harder than my mod resto + t2mod2600 backup can cover, which depending on mob, and much to my delight, can get surprisingly high, especially with and 251 hp and 60 evade now, I can't wait to skill that up!

Armor'd up after that with one of the three sets I have, adj pixie, t4 grem, t4 shadow, depending on the mob/lvl.

Someday if I have the money, I would like to buy a set of supremacy and mod 5b/6a plates and one of those vampire cloaks with lifesteal :wtg:

Carramone, Mod Shadow, etc. are a pipe dream.

I have stolen imperium armor. It's so allround that I sold all my other armor and only wear that. I have mod2600 so I could go naked, but I don't like loosing time with in between fapping.

Same for evade - try to collect 30 tantilions, or merps or hunt auri and you will se difference in skill gain in same amount of time.

Do it with Atrox or any other mid level mob and you will skill even faster
Do it with Big mobs, faster again.

Negative side, Atrox is armor eaters and some bigger mobs even worse, so the cost is higher :D

Personally I like to have 10-20 Argonauts on me to skill that, armor decay not to bad there.
Merps don´t give me enough skills.

For comon hunting, I prefer lowish or no armor, to use the efficency of my FAP (ImpFAP) which is still better eco than armor that covers nearly all damage.

Back