Question: Dpp vs dps in 2.0 loot

DPS VS DPP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

verza

Mature
With the arrival of 2.0 many speak of the DPS is more important now ...
But what do you think?
The DPS imports more than the DPP

I want to apologize for the translator's so bad English :(

where the fuck is "weapon economy/efficiency"

Looks like you (op) need to read the release notes one more time.

Ask me again in another 2 months time :p

Loot 2.0 is too new to decide anything.

Depends on your activity.

For those hunters going eco style befor Loot 2.0 it still the DPP that counts more.
For those hunters going damage style befor Loot 2.0 its still the DPS that counts more.

Personally I think on bigger mobs its still the DPS that is more important on lower and mid level mobs its the DPP.

Voted for DPS btw :)

even for low level mobs, dps still needs to be there so you get to the non-shrapnel loot before they hunter next to you does, unless perhaps you like shrapnel in loot 100% of the time, in which case, carry on... I think the 'waves' do still exist, but they have smaller crests and wider variances in time portion of the rng that creates the valleys than in the old of loot 1.5. It still works the same way, but is more obscured and the pattern isn't as easy to read.

The poll asks "what goes faster, sportscar or happiness"

didn't MA directly state efficiency determines loot composition rather than return? I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to TT return..

efficiency most closely resembles "magic find" from D2 and other games I think.

didn't MA directly state efficiency determines loot composition rather than return? I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to TT return..

what MA stated is:

optimal loot = loot composition => negatively affected by unmaxed weapons, overamping (too big amp for gun) and too much heal / too much time not attacking the mob

optimal loot has no impact on TT return

The efficiency rating has a gap of 7% TT return (max) so difference between a 0% and a 100% efficiency rating weapon should be 7% tt loot longterm.
what other factors play a role and to what extent is unknown so far

I believe MA could have little bit less misunderstanding by players in their Dev Notes #11-13 if they had spoken in terms of "loot quantity" and "loot quality"
I myself still don't quite understand which factors influence quality and which quantity

I believe MA could have little bit less misunderstanding by players in their Dev Notes #11-13 if they had spoken in terms of "loot quantity" and "loot quality"
I myself still don't quite understand which factors influence quality and which quantity

quality is only influenced by unmaxed weapons, overamping and too much healing / time not attacking

loot quantity is at least influenced by up to 7% via efficiency rating (difference longterm between 0% gun and 100% gun = 7% tt ideally)

Depends on your activity.

For those hunters going eco style befor Loot 2.0 it still the DPP that counts more.
For those hunters going damage style befor Loot 2.0 its still the DPS that counts more.

Personally I think on bigger mobs its still the DPS that is more important on lower and mid level mobs its the DPP.

Voted for DPS btw :)

Actually I've switched. I used to focus on DPP and was averaging 3.4ish, whereas after 2.0 I'm focusing more on matching DPS to a mob, and doing closer to 3.0 DPP.

Both - Depending on Situation and what you wish... MU or TT

Re-read the release notes especially the "Loot followup" as it was quite clear

As MA stats it

Efficiency indicates the cost-effectiveness of a weapon (or weapon attachment) in creating damage. Efficiency values range from 1-100, and higher values indicate better efficiency. Efficiency is an inherent property of an item, and thus is not affected by avatar skills. Weapons that have scopes, lasers or amplifiers attached will display a modified Efficiency value (in orange).​

A few additional points about Efficiency parameter will hopefully clear up many of the questions and dispel some of the more common misconceptions that we have noticed:
  • The Efficiency parameter is not affected by avatar skills.
  • The largest components by far in loot value calculations are costs, such as weapon deterioration, ammo consumption, armor deterioration, healing costs, etc.
  • The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value).
  • The displayed Efficiency parameter for a given weapon does not correspond to expected overall loot return.

Optimal Loot
Another feature of Loot 2.0 that has sparked lots of discussion and speculation is Optimal Loot.

It is important to note that Optimal Loot only affects loot composition (what you loot), not the loot value (how much you loot). There is no Optimal Loot penalty for hunting creatures that are well below your avatar’s level; in fact most such kills will meet the requirements for Optimal Loot composition.

To best achieve Optimal Loot:
  • Be sure to have the Hit Ability and Damage profession requirements maxed (10.0/10.0) on the weapon your avatar is using.
  • Avoid over-amping (using a weapon amplifier that adds more than 50% of the maximum damage of the weapon to which it is equipped).
  • Minimize healing costs and the need to interrupt damage dealing to heal.
In general, the lower the cost to kill a creature, the higher the proportion of loot composition will be Optimal Loot. There is no inherent “kill timer” for each creature; Optimal Loot is calculated based on costs, not on time.

If the efficiency parameter does not affect overall TT loot returns, then from what they say the lower cost to kill from increased efficiency affects your loot composition (what you actually loot beyond shrapnel). Unmaxed, over amped, and healing during combat also affect loot composition.

So it seems its a balancing act between dps and dpp, with armour being considered if you find yourself healing in combat. Mostly what I've gathered with loot 2.0 in regards to dps and dpp. Probably more to it of course.

Last edited:
isnt it so that DPS only counts with regen mobs? As DPS keeps the regen time shorter meaning less HP's to shoot, meaning less costs, meaning higher net returns (not higher loot per mob but just lower costs to kill for the same loot)

I did some test on foul young and found no difference whatsoever in loot composition or loot quantity if I kill them in 20 shots or with 3 shots (with finisher ofcourse to not overkill).

So far I would still lean towards dpp as lower costs to kill means higher net returns, especially on mobs that dont give any MU loot anyways so schrapnel is actually more valuable then the other loot.

Keep in mind that every 3 hp the mobs regenerates costs around 1 pec extra.
And according to my own loot theories this 1 pec is simply lost and not paid back.
The same goes for overkill. Each 3 dmg overkill is 1 pec wasted.
When doing a 10k missions and you overkill each mob with at least 3 dmg, this means at least 100 ped extra loss.

After one month with loot 2.0 i prefer Eco against damage.
With imk2+amp+rings+enhancer its hard to profit (still possible only the swings are bigger).

The last weeks i only hunted with imk2, no amp, just imp ares and no enhancer and i am doing great.

After one month with loot 2.0 i prefer Eco against damage.
With imk2+amp+rings+enhancer its hard to profit (still possible only the swings are bigger).

The last weeks i only hunted with imk2, no amp, just imp ares and no enhancer and i am doing great.

Same mobs / same hunting style / armor ?

Same mobs / same hunting style / armor ?

Yeah, but i was only hunting 10 days with high dps. Maybe i was unlucky and had to to hunt longer. But i dont like such swings.

Yeah, but i was only hunting 10 days with high dps. Maybe i was unlucky and had to to hunt longer. But i dont like such swings.

Wich rings and buffs were you using together with the Ares, when you had those bad runs?

Back