110 runs, the results

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Well I must say I was a little surprised. I still lost money but not too much. Currently at 98.03% return not bad for 17 days of playing. About 45 ped actual lost, less than 3 ped per day. BTW that did include all expenses, (L)weapons, ammo and all decay. Use a FAP a little but decided to tier up my Pixie armor and the decay was about the same for each.

Of course there is a catch, as always. I had no globals and probably little chance of getting one although before I started keeping track I had two 20 pedders. There will never be a chance of an HOF IMO. It was punies I was hunting, but you knew that already:).

There is one thing though I have 10K of mission bones for sale in the sales discussion thread. I didn't get them in 17 days because I had quite a few when I started. Anyway that could make me turn a profit if I can sell them and that would be a good thing:). I know that is kind of cheating because I had some to start and not too sure how many as they were in storage but I am sure I must have got 50-60 ped worth at the going price. When I ground out the ones for my agility point I tried to buy them but no one was selling and now I am doing it for fun, go figure:)

I am sure that may not seem like fun for most of you but I just came here to play and it reminds me of when I first started. Grinding on toxes day in and day out with a little profit one day and a little loss the next. Then I got to the big ones a few years later and the real losses started and never did get the big one. In 2014 during the LT migration I had around 1000 globals (you can check tracker) and was playing around 8 hours a day. I had one small HOF like 350, and 2 around 1800 ped and 1 around 1900 ped and still had to depo the last couple of days. I must say I did love it but made nothing really and lost probably 300-400 ped. I think this is just as fun and less costly for me.

I hope you all can find your niche like me and just have fun:).

Thanks for sharing. Question, would you say you were doing dpp more or dps'ing more? - relative to punies, of course.

Thanks for sharing. Question, would you say you were doing dpp more or dps'ing more? - relative to punies, of course.

What this is punties ?

Last edited:
Punties? Punies? I thought that was what you said you were hunting. Meh, w/e nvm.

It would be nice to see the actual numbers so we know how much you cycled, etc.

Maybe tell us what gear you used.

And since you're using L, did you factor in the MU?

It would be nice to see the actual numbers so we know how much you cycled, etc.

Maybe tell us what gear you used.

And since you're using L, did you factor in the MU?

I just used the TT gun so there was no markup. I cycled 2000 ped in ammo. I used the B101 amp when I looted one. I got 1418 shots with the amp and 1689 without. Amped it took about 5.5 shots to kill a mob and about 8 shots without. Average around 200 punties per run which would be around 20K killed.

I have made a few more runs now but here is the info:

Run 20 ped
Average decay .37
Average out 20.37
Highest decay .49
Lowest decay .21
Total cost 2280.89 (112 runs)

Average loot 20.40
Highest loot 37.85
Lowest Loot 12.53
Total Loot 2264.65

Total weapon cost 30 ped (Included in the total cost)

Current percentage 97.99%

I would give you a SS of the spread sheet but that is a pain and with 112 rows it would take 3 or 4 SSs and the upload etc.

Anyway here it is and its not for everyone it takes about 25-30 minutes for an amped run and 35-40 un-amped because of the extra shots you get for not having the amp. Like I said takes me back to olden days:).

Almost forgot I did not include the cost of loot collection pills but that was the only thing that is not there.

Last edited:
He's hunting tiny mobs with tiny guns and not cycling anywhere near the 100k necessary for this to be worthwhile or conclusive to the playerbase...

go cycle 100k on 3-5 ped mobs... post results and then draw conclusions.

He's hunting tiny mobs with tiny guns and not cycling anywhere near the 100k necessary for this to be worthwhile or conclusive to the playerbase...

Really what is the amount of ped you think would have to be cycled to kill 20K Daspletors. I really think it is the number of mobs more than the amount of ped as it is all relative loot-wise.

Punties? Punies? I thought that was what you said you were hunting. Meh, w/e nvm.
I thought you were joking so I was just joking back. Why would you care about either DPP or DPS when killing a mob with 20 hit points, using a TT weapon ? In answer to your question I never really thought about it other than not using a weapon that was overkill and would waste ped. I did see a couple of noobs hunting them with weapons that were 1 shot kills about half of the time and the other half two shots using the same weapon and according the release notes on loot 2.0 that is a no-no because of the waste. Sorry did not mean to offend you.

I'm not trying to debate with someone with vastly more experience with me, but don't you think the cycle amount would have something to do with the mob HP? I certainly can't claim to know how EU's algorithm works, but as a developer my experience has been that most loot algorithms converge based on number of loot events, not a particular value.

it's not the amount cycled to determine loot results but the amount of mobs looted.

100K on 5 ped mobs is the same as 1k on 0,05 ped mobs.

Why would only test made on 5ped mobs count?

Hell, I even think the majority of the playerbase dont hunt 5 peds mobs but far smaller mobs.

it's not the amount cycled to determine loot results but the amount of mobs looted.

100K on 5 ped mobs is the same as 1k on 0,05 ped mobs.

Why would only test made on 5ped mobs count?

Hell, I even think the majority of the playerbase dont hunt 5 peds mobs but far smaller mobs.

Loot composition and resource caps matter...

guess what happens when you're -11000 on 5 ped mobs and you need a hof? probably not gonna get it so easily since even shrapnel has a loot cap.. does everyone on this forum thing MA just magically says "oh here 50k shrap for you, 60k ignisium for you..." no they don't... since ammo has been removed from loot EVERYTHING you loot hunting now has a resource cap. THIS is why you have more volatility in the short term now than you did pre-loot 2.0. Ammo was the last uncapped resource in hunting. If shrap didn't have caps everyone and their mother could go out and shoot with little to no volatility.

what's the max deficit you'd reach on punies? 50 ped? less? Not going to be pushing any resource caps with that deficit.

That is why mob size matters. Even if the OP did 2 ped mobs we'd have a clearer picture of how this is applicable to the entire playerbase, but he did punies.

Why do you think there are loot 2.0 players who are digging themselves into 15k, 20k, 25k holes? They basically have to "wait their turn in line" to hit the big hof to balance themselves out... Hunting = Mining now.

guess what happens when you're -11000 on 5 ped mobs and you need a hof? probably not gonna get it so easily since even shrapnel has a loot cap.. does everyone on this forum thing MA just magically says "oh here 50k shrap for you, 60k ignisium for you..." no they don't... since ammo has been removed from loot EVERYTHING you loot hunting now has a resource cap. THIS is why you have more volatility in the short term now than you did pre-loot 2.0. Ammo was the last uncapped resource in hunting. If shrap didn't have caps everyone and their mother could go out and shoot with little to no volatility.

what's the max deficit you'd reach on punies? 50 ped? less? Not going to be pushing any resource caps with that deficit.

That is why mob size matters. Even if the OP did 2 ped mobs we'd have a clearer picture of how this is applicable to the entire playerbase, but he did punies.

Why do you think there are loot 2.0 players who are digging themselves into 15k, 20k, 25k holes? They basically have to "wait their turn in line" to hit the big hof to balance themselves out... Hunting = Mining now.

sure, you do have valid point here, but the OP was not into loot composition but just loot returns.
Indeed loot composition weighs much heavier on high HP mobs then it does on punies.
But that doesnt mean this results on punies dont hold any value.

a 50 ped deficit on punies does equal a 5k ped deficit on 5 ped mobs.

I thought you were joking so I was just joking back. Why would you care about either DPP or DPS when killing a mob with 20 hit points, using a TT weapon ? In answer to your question I never really thought about it other than not using a weapon that was overkill and would waste ped. I did see a couple of noobs hunting them with weapons that were 1 shot kills about half of the time and the other half two shots using the same weapon and according the release notes on loot 2.0 that is a no-no because of the waste. Sorry did not mean to offend you.

No worries, I wasn't offended at all. Just figured there was some misunderstanding somewhere.

The reason i asked about dpp vs dps and framed it in relation to punies/punties was that in your op, you said you used (L) weapons, which could be just about anything in regards to both dpp and dps. You didn't specify tt weapons (unless I missed that part, I could be wrong ofc).

Anyway, you clarified pretty much everything in your subsequent posts so its all good. Again, thanks for sharing info.

Rocket I just have wonder how you obtained your extensive knowledge of loot composition in hunting. You must be the most interesting man in the world by gleaning that amount info from 40K in hunting globals during you time in EU. I bet you don't hardly drink beer just fine wine etc, but when you do drink beer I bet it Dos Equis and a lot of it just before get on the forum :).

No worries, I wasn't offended at all. Just figured there was some misunderstanding somewhere.

The reason i asked about dpp vs dps and framed it in relation to punies/punties was that in your op, you said you used (L) weapons, which could be just about anything in regards to both dpp and dps. You didn't specify tt weapons (unless I missed that part, I could be wrong ofc).

Anyway, you clarified pretty much everything in your subsequent posts so its all good. Again, thanks for sharing info.

Good I am glad as I really did not want you to be offended. You are right also I should have mentioned the TT weapon. In thinking about it I should also mention that the big reason I used the TT weapon was no MU and decent DPP, and no overkill. I noted in the release notes that overkill was a no-no.

sure, you do have valid point here, but the OP was not into loot composition but just loot returns.
Indeed loot composition weighs much heavier on high HP mobs then it does on punies.
But that doesnt mean this results on punies dont hold any value.

a 50 ped deficit on punies does equal a 5k ped deficit on 5 ped mobs.

And the big thing was I was not willing to risk 5K ped or more to find out I was on the wrong mob as stated in release notes about hunting the right mob with the right equipment and also not will to buy a bunch of new "Stuff" to test new mobs.

Lastly and most important is I am here to have fun (as I have stated many times) not get rich or really to even make money just to reduce the monthly cost to + or - a few bucks and have something to do during the day other than watch TV.

Rocket I just have wonder how you obtained your extensive knowledge of loot composition in hunting. You must be the most interesting man in the world by gleaning that amount info from 40K in hunting globals during you time in EU. I bet you don't hardly drink beer just fine wine etc, but when you do drink beer I bet it Dos Equis and a lot of it just before get on the forum :).

Lmfao this was indeed well-crafted... :laugh::laugh:

+rep for the dos equis comment... ironically i don't even like do equis....... something fishy going on there.

My extensive knowledge of hunting comes from two sources: 1) experience (what little of it i have), and 2) remarks, data, studies conducted by 3.5 dpp hunters who cycled 200k monthly.

Also it's almost a logical conclusion that resources must be capped right? I mean think about it... the consequence of uncapped would mean Henry could go hunt after losing 500k ped and hit back-to-back ATHs... the reason that doesn't happen is because the system doesn't have the shrapnel (or whatever resource you prefer) available to pay out that sum..

Mining functions this same way.. Which is why I get 65-70% TT returns on 125% markup stuff, then I go mine lyst or whatever garbage resource is hitting that day and tower on it. I'll be damned if MA ever gives me a 5-digit gold, ignis, typo, megan tower..

Alternatively a miner could go grind treasure and get nearly 100% TT return because treasure is 1) uncapped (for the most part), 2) dogshit, 3) more dog shit, and 4) traders aren't hoarding it (where do you think ubers stash all that shrapnel they're buying?)

I'm not trying to debate with someone with vastly more experience with me, but don't you think the cycle amount would have something to do with the mob HP? I certainly can't claim to know how EU's algorithm works, but as a developer my experience has been that most loot algorithms converge based on number of loot events, not a particular value.
Do worry about vastly more experience you have more loot in globals and almost twice as many in count than the one you don't want to debate with:). I agree the number of times you loot is more important than the amount to get there to get the trend of the loot not the size.

Lmfao this was indeed well-crafted... :laugh::laugh:

+rep for the dos equis comment... ironically i don't even like do equis....... something fishy going on there.

My extensive knowledge of hunting comes from two sources: 1) experience (what little of it i have), and 2) remarks, data, studies conducted by 3.5 dpp hunters who cycled 200k monthly.

Also it's almost a logical conclusion that resources must be capped right? I mean think about it... the consequence of uncapped would mean Henry could go hunt after losing 500k ped and hit back-to-back ATHs... the reason that doesn't happen is because the system doesn't have the shrapnel (or whatever resource you prefer) available to pay out that sum..

Mining functions this same way.. Which is why I get 65-70% TT returns on 125% markup stuff, then I go mine lyst or whatever garbage resource is hitting that day and tower on it. I'll be damned if MA ever gives me a 5-digit gold, ignis, typo, megan tower..

Alternatively a miner could go grind treasure and get nearly 100% TT return because treasure is 1) uncapped (for the most part), 2) dogshit, 3) more dog shit, and 4) traders aren't hoarding it (where do you think ubers stash all that shrapnel they're buying?)

Thank you. I do agree with the cap thing to a point. The thing that really gets me is some lower level player ( not the player I am happy for them but the way MA figures) gets a big HOF kind of out of the blue. Case in point "vic Vic vieria" (BIG congrats to him) got a 37,787 PED LT domi almost 20 times his next highest HOF. When I first started I got 13K HOF on a argonau gather before I ever got over lvl 20 laser hit and damage(Seems that part hasn't changed that much in loot 2.0). Anyway like was said I am interested in loot not the amount of the loot and I hope I can interpolate from there.

Just had an example of what I was talking about, the out of the blue hit. I got the chirpy bonus and was hunting them and accidently hit a gibnib mature wounded him then missed twice and finally killed him and got a 16.42 global. Level 0 mob. Just makes no sense to me how that works :scratch2:.

Just had an example of what I was talking about, the out of the blue hit. I got the chirpy bonus and was hunting them and accidently hit a gibnib mature wounded him then missed twice and finally killed him and got a 16.42 global. Level 0 mob. Just makes no sense to me how that works :scratch2:.

clearly a glitch you just stole those peds from some deserving uber. heartless of you :laugh:

Back