Question: Need to check my facts - Server and finder details..

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
I would like to confirm my facts regarding server and finder sizes. Are the following correct ?

1) Md1 Radius is 54m

2) MD-105 Radius is 55m.

3) Server size is 8176m.
(This value was obtained on FOMA by simply subtracting it's max x value from it's min x value according to the map. Doing so for the y axis reveals the same values and thus confirms that it is a square.

Thanks or your time.

Server size is 8192 m (2^13).

To verify, visit any multiple of the above number planetside. Server borders are well visible on the ground, especially on low settings.

Server size is 8192 m (2^13).

To verify, visit any multiple of the above number planetside. Server borders are well visible on the ground, especially on low settings.

I had thought 8192m but disregarded it. Thankyou, I will adjust the sheet.
I am trying to get an even spread of points in a rectangle / z curve that fills the server.

Problem is that the probes just don't fit

8192/110 = 74.42 times....

So my diameter would either have to be 110.7027027027027 or 109.2266666666667 or I just bite the bullet and pick 128

Last edited:
A 64x64 hilbert is not quite giving me what I want... Firstly it's not square and secondly... is This

A 64m Z curve gives us This

Last edited:
The Hilbert curve looks nice but is a bit cumbersome to traverse on the ground since you need to change direction all the time, and in 3d it shows the nearest waypoint automatically which can differ from the next one in line (actually they are equidistant, so the result is random or dependant on minute deviations of your position). It's implemented more for bragging, you can do the same with the rectangle more easily.

What do you mean, not square? The packing of circles leads to alternating rows being shifted, if that's what you mean. Actually it's a hexagonal grid which never fits perfectly into a square. Of course you can go along a square grid also, but this doesn't give you optimum coverage. It is just easier to calculate or doesn't need any preparation at all, which was the motivation for making this tool.

The Hilbert curve looks nice but is a bit cumbersome to traverse on the ground since you need to change direction all the time, and in 3d it shows the nearest waypoint automatically which can differ from the next one in line (actually they are equidistant, so the result is random or dependant on minute deviations of your position). It's implemented more for bragging, you can do the same with the rectangle more easily.

What do you mean, not square? The packing of circles leads to alternating rows being shifted, if that's what you mean. Actually it's a hexagonal grid which never fits perfectly into a square. Of course you can go along a square grid also, but this doesn't give you optimum coverage. It is just easier to calculate or doesn't need any preparation at all, which was the motivation for making this tool.

What I have done is as follows.

1) Assign each coordinate set a number.
2) Depending on my hitrate %, remove coordinates from the array based of if they are multiples of the number eg 50 % hitrate all the even numbers get removed from the array.
3) Never mine the same spot more than once (The old idea using spirals had this issue in that each time my hitrate changed, it formed a completely new array. This one just "locks out" cells that do not belong)

The implications of this if correct, would result in a stabilization of hitrate and a 50% hitrate once stabilization occurs as my hitrate would flip-flop.

Reactions: San
What one can also do is use the loot claim sizes as % changes to hitrate to create a more dynamic feel. Your hitrate would be 1/(loot/probes used)*100. Those observant may notice the flaw in this little equation in that it would fail if my first probe in a run is a miss. I think I will run with this setup a bit tonight, see how it goes.

Base idea works perfectly currently my hitrate % is between 57 and 61%. It drops then stabilizes just as I predicted. So one miss and one hit...

Quick update, the hitrate is dropping to a new level. It does this by expiring the claim before it's claimed.

Last edited:
Back