What if you could buy enhancers for specific damage?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I was putting on some defense enhancers on my armor and noticed that ghost has only hit point for Penetration and when I put on the enhancer in the number 1 slot it didn't even go up. It did go up a bit after that.

Now I know that I can use plating for that but all most all have no protection for cut or stab so you have to take off your 5Bs and add a plating for Penetration and still get your butt kicked by cut and stab or impact. What if you could buy enhancers for specific damage like 3 damage for Penetration only and not add the percent to the rest of the protection like they do now and you could still keep your 5Bs on. If you put on two enhancers you would six protection and you could add a couple for impact and so on. It would augment the protection where you need it most.

Just a thought.

or get armor with more all round protection. A lot of choices.

or get armor with more all round protection. A lot of choices.

There really is no armor like that. Even POE has gaps. And there are only 8 sets (as I recall) and I have only seen one for sale and it was like around 50K if I remember correctly. I don't think there are that many choices for a couple of reason, you hardly see them for sale and when you do they are very costly and its sometime very hard to get a complete set.

With enhancers that are damage specific they should be readily available and not near as costly as a new set of armor if you could even find one complete set of armor to buy.

There really is no armor like that. Even POE has gaps. And there are only 8 sets (as I recall) and I have only seen one for sale and it was like around 50K if I remember correctly. I don't think there are that many choices for a couple of reason, you hardly see them for sale and when you do they are very costly and its sometime very hard to get a complete set.

With enhancers that are damage specific they should be readily available and not near as costly as a new set of armor if you could even find one complete set of armor to buy.

Isn't this what plates are for? I agree that MA needs to come up with plate sets that close the gaps they have left for the past decade. More powerful plates too. I really like the adj/imp/mod plate upgrade system idk why they haven't released more of that stuff. Maybe a plate merge system is in order, perhaps letting plates tier up from use and place enhancers on them.

Isn't this what plates are for? I agree that MA needs to come up with plate sets that close the gaps they have left for the past decade. More powerful plates too. I really like the adj/imp/mod plate upgrade system idk why they haven't released more of that stuff. Maybe a plate merge system is in order, perhaps letting plates tier up from use and place enhancers on them.
Not to be rude but I think you missed the point, the OP said to use enhancers to fill gaps without taking protection away by having to change plates(costly to have 5 or 6 sets of plates) and loosing protection that you might need. You use 5B plates and they are a good all around plate IMO with ghost armor but you come up against a mob with 50 penetration and 25 cut and 25 stab, there are no plates to protect you from that combination (this is just an example). If you protect against pen using plates you would lose 50 protection for cut and stab if you protect against cut and stab using plates then you loose 50 pen protection. This is just an idea and not a debate.

There is one thing, Rutuba (L) is about the best all around armor IMO that is kind of available but not often and it is (L) but hard to get a full set lately and decays fast because of the amount of protection so it doesn't last long.

Last edited:
Not to be rude but I think you missed the point, the OP said to use enhancers to fill gaps without taking protection away by having to change plates(costly to have 5 or 6 sets of plates) and loosing protection that you might need. You use 5B plates and they are a good all around plate IMO with ghost armor but you come up against a mob with 50 penetration and 25 cut and 25 stab, there are no plates to protect you from that combination (this is just an example). If you protect against pen using plates you would lose 50 protection for cut and stab if you protect against cut and stab using plates then you loose 50 pen protection. This is just an idea and not a debate.

There is one thing, Rutuba (L) is about the best all around armor IMO that is kind of available but not often and it is (L) but hard to get a full set lately and decays fast because of the amount of protection so it doesn't last long.

What do you think of merry mayhem armor? Imo it's similar to rutuba L

Actually nevermind I think I get what you are getting at, you do t want to upgrade to new gear, just make your lower gear as good or better than upper gear without having to sell what you have and invest more for better improvements

In the old days there was always the discussion: ghost or nemesis or vigilante

Then came all the animal series of armors and gremlin was looted. If you like the 19 impact that ghost offers then get boar and you have the extra burn and cold and some acid protection as well. Yes it lacks electric.
I was smart and went to cyrene when the special armor could be earned. Stolen imperium armor boosts all protection types except shrapnel, including burn/pen and a lot of acid. Eon, although costly is also really all round. all protection types are included.
If you like ghost so much.. try collecting some ghoul parts.. they are cheap these days. Ghoul does sport 5 penetration and 18 burn. Emine is also very all round( only lacking acid protection), or get some Jarhead.
If you don't mind paying 110% markup then A.R.C. patrol is also really all round.
And plates.. well there are some nice arkadian and rocktropian plates that fill the gaps that the calypso plates left.

I honestly don't see the problem.

Back