Ashi Oil Rig Suggestions

Gramps

Hatchling
Society
Synergen
Grandpa Gramps Scripting
As some of you might know, the Ashi oil rig is plagued by mob trains multiple times a day. After the person who made the train dies, they come back in a sleipnir or quad and sit on the oil field waiting for a spawn to show up so they can grab it quickly and get back in their vehicle before the mobs kill them. For the people who were at the rig, shooting down a quad or a sleipnir can be very pricey. A sleipnir costs about 1.2ped to take down and a quad takes about 4ped to take down not including the armor on the vehicles. This is very expensive to do over and over again and certainly not worth it for 3ped of oil. It also isn't worth killing people at the rig as they can be back at the rig within 2 minutes in a vehicle. Because of this, pvp at the rig does not happen as much as I feels like it should when free ped is being handed out.

All of these problems could be solved if the pvp zone was a no vehicle area.

If people weren't allowed to use vehicles in the area then they would be forced to use a teleportation chip to get to the rig or attempt to weave through the atrox. This would solve the mob train issue obviously, but it would also discourage people from going back to the rig repeatedly because it would cost about 20pec to get back every time unless you try and weave through the atrox.

Additionally, if a portion of the pvp inside the rig pvp zone went towards the size of the oil drops (maybe 20%), it would encourage more pvp in the area (more money for MA) and it would make the rig a good way to get a little ped boost.

These are just some of my ideas on ways to improve the fun and returns of the oil rig. Feel free to add your own suggestions and give feedback on mine :)

i come very rare at rig but when i do there is really not much action going on :s if they don't restrict vehicles they can just increase the area to 300m imo , if they want to bring mobs they should use armor

The ashi oil rig is not meant for low lvl/gear players...its meant for shooting down the others etc,.

forbidding vehicles doesnt make any difference..every player in this category has tp chips and also tp4(l) or similar which allows to jump over a big distance....then the jumping costs doenst really matter also because you have an advantage then for some minutes/half an hour etc...

and also some ppl in this category wont mind shooting down,generating costs but for the funfactor also...so really its a playground for higher skilled/ped card players not the starter ones...

Besides there were fun events going on for starters to crush the oil rig....was a very funny event ... so if you are really into this..maybe you can start such an event too??

Eddie

I think it's a Nice strategy in OP. Nothing wrong with it.
A bit of Decay is good for loot 2.0

Weren't vehicles originally intended to for the sole purpose of pvp? If they are removed from there why would they still exist at all? I know, I know, Mindark mainly introduced them since they found them in Cryengine when it first got implemented and were like, oh boy a shiny new toy... lets go make some money from the players, but seriously... what good are they outside of pvp if you can't use the weapons anywhere except in pvp? Make the vehicle weapons useable on mobs outside of pvp and this might be a good idea.

If you do remove em, why let tp chips still work there? Remove them too?

If you are just wanting a bigger chunk of oil there, why not just go to another planet? Rig on Rocktropia is literally empty most of the time, same for some other smaller planets.

Toulan is non vehicle everwhere so its exactly as u are talking about right this second

edit: Hmmm... thinking back on this... space is a pvp zone where only vehicles exist... perhaps MA should make some other pvp zones where you can only be if you are in a vehicle... Monria's had talk about a thunderdome type crater... adding another crater there where you can only do pvp land vehicles and nothing else could be an interesting idea... do something similar to some of the water areas on cyrene, etc. where you could only do water based vehicles... no boat, and you are sol.

Last edited:
Well MA would never change that. Why? Becouse when a noob make a mob train:
a) you have to kill the mobs = ped spent
b) you have to kill the noon = ped spent
c) you get mad on noob = more ped spent

Second, there were a lot of fights and ped spent, just 2 days ago on the little tiny fight between some ***and ******* were spent around 1k ped at least with that gear. Not to mention each day die a lot of ppl.
INDEED 3 ped / drop is damn crap and the oil/h which is very very damn low doesn't worth the effort to bother keep shooting. The most of shooting nowadays is not for the oil is just on principle and old drama/ new dram. The rig is for drama fun :))))))))

Third, noobs raid ashi raid event, yea was fun but that doesn't worth it anymore.... the oil spawn area is so large anymore that you cannot fund anymore such events. It kinda sucks. NO, it totally sucks.

But I don't stay too much there, so what do I know ?

Have fun and good luck :)

PS: the 20% spent from pvp to be dropped back in oil, well that would be fun, or the fukin atrox to have some loot....

Just make 90% of peds spent in that area go to oil generation at that rig...that way shooting down vehicles will still get you some return in oil. Large PVP events could then be really useful as winning side will rake in a lot of ped in oil.

there is only one solution for this, oil rig (free oil) SHOULD be lootable pvp. This will solve alot of problems with the rig.

d) blowing up vehicle = ped spent
e) repairing vehicle and fly back = ped spent
f) using TP chip to go back = ped spent
g) make mob train and make others hunt mobs = ped spend
h) make mob train and decay armors = ped spend

ped spend = ped spend :)

The ashi oil rig is not meant for low lvl/gear players...its meant for shooting down the others etc,.
Right now the rig is flooded with low levels because if they get killed they just come back for free basically. This is why I was suggesting no vehicles because it would cost them 20pec every time to come back because they would have to use a tp chip or weave through the atrox so it would discourage them from coming back nonstop.
Weren't vehicles originally intended to for the sole purpose of pvp?
I own a VTOL rocket and a fire of hel myself and while these are fun to shoot at the rig, it is very rare to see others using/having them and making it a no vehicle zone I feel solves a bigger problem. After all there are other pvp zones on the planets that you can use these tools and you can use them in space too. Also I would love to see ma let us fight aetherex and other flying mobs using the mounted guns in flying vehicles. :yay:
Well MA would never change that.
Like I said in my original post it would increase the amount of pvp in the area and increase the cost just to get there because you have to tp jump in and 20% of the pvp in the area would go to the oil drops so it would enourage people to want to try and defend the rig because the drops are bigger. This would make more income for ma because they would still be getting 80% of the pvp costs. It's a little sacrifice to make people want to spend more ped :)

people should not be able to camp the rig for free, not noobs, not ubers, not anyone. there should be a regen debuff and DoT health debuff on players at the rig zone. something like 3 dmg per sec directly done to player health while in the yellow circle. forcing players to heal to stay there or die.

where do all the peds that pay for oil come from? im not sure, but imo, it should come from spent peds in the zone, no peds spent no, no oil.

I like the idea of noobs having the possibility to get some oil. I took my share of oil back in 2004 and did have to avoid all the atrox, which were godlike at that time. If you don't like noobs, shoot em. If you can't handle a mob train.. then the rig is not the place for you. If you won't shoot a vehicle because it costs too much ped to do so, then the rig is not for you. The old tt flamethrower decays a vehicle quite nicely as I recall.

I don't see PK becoming hugely active. Comes down to two factors:

1) most fights are unbalanced due to skills and gear
2) it costs alot to lose (no oil, no tax, no loot)

Last edited:
I like the idea of noobs having the possibility to get some oil. I took my share of oil back in 2004 and did have to avoid all the atrox, which were godlike at that time. If you don't like noobs, shoot em. If you can't handle a mob train.. then the rig is not the place for you. If you won't shoot a vehicle because it costs too much ped to do so, then the rig is not for you. The old tt flamethrower decays a vehicle quite nicely as I recall.

This is well said.There are only one pink T-shirt wearing kid who plays like he owns the rig and whine when new ppl come to rig.its a free rig for all.its a matter how long u can survive there.I met some real UBERS there as well and are great ppl to hv as friends.Those really skilled dnt even care who comes to ashi anymore and hv random spree and hv a chat.We had enough changes at ashi and its prety cool like this.I hope that pink kid reads this and play with me next time im there.NOOBS what are u waiting for?Attaaaack!!!!!!!!

Second, there were a lot of fights and ped spent, just 2 days ago on the little tiny fight between some ***and ******* were spent around 1k ped at least with that gear. Not to mention each day die a lot of ppl.
INDEED 3 ped / drop is damn crap and the oil/h which is very very damn low doesn't worth the effort to bother keep shooting. The most of shooting nowadays is not for the oil is just on principle and old drama/ new dram. The rig is for drama fun :))))))))

Third, noobs raid ashi raid event, yea was fun but that doesn't worth it anymore.... the oil spawn area is so large anymore that you cannot fund anymore such events. It kinda sucks. NO, it totally sucks.

But I don't stay too much there, so what do I know ?

Have fun and good luck :)

PS: the 20% spent from pvp to be dropped back in oil, well that would be fun, or the fukin atrox to have some loot....

Pretty much and MA told me mob trains are part of PvP. :yay:

There was a week months ago i enjoyed mob training the rig several hours a day getting def skills, picking oil and watching other players get eaten. The best was when they fly up in their sleilps and I arso blow them up and they fall into mobs to get nibbled on. I would laugh and laugh.

Some players weren't happy about my happy mob trains but they are there for a reason, there is a reason why there is shared mobs too. It's all part of the rig and PvP there. MA said it's ok and part of strategy if you so choose.

The problem i think is people don't want to actually spend ped at the rig and just collect it so they can cycle. So mobs trains are a good thing and gives you defensive skills while picking oil so be grateful.

When I did mob train the rig there was literally NO PvP going on. Just standing around talking picking oil. Which is what a lot of these players want to do. So I change it from time to time and bring mobs to the rig for a couple hours and spice it up a bit.

Here are the complaints I got at the RIG which are invalid

1. Mob trains aren't allowed why do it - I emailed MA and they said it was legal and part of PvP
2. Why did you shoot my Ship that is costly decay!!! - I said why do you have it out in PvP?
3. Why decay my Armor!! - Why do you have it on?
4. We are going to report you for harassment!! - It's your choice to be at the rig don't like fighting well you can leave.

You see anytime someone's wallet gets a pinch they complain. If you don't like decay or mob trains then the rig isn't the place for you. It should be a "BattleZone" Period. Not hang out and collect oil for free. Maybe you go to the rig for the day spend a couple 100 ped and pick some oil maybe get a Global or HOF and have some fun. However some people want to profit only at the rig and well that isn't part of the game design. :cool:

PS- From the sounds of things the RIG has gotten a lot more active since I was there last and I am happy other players are enjoying Mob training the RIG and trying to get oil while keeping players spending there. Maybe when I come back to Caly I will visit and enjoy the fun as well.

Last edited:
Back