Funny Vs Money

Funny Vs Money

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

verza

Mature
What is your way of playing entropy, having fun at maximum, or noting each pec that you spend to minimize losses

I speak of two styles of games, one in which you do not mind depositing money, because you are having fun, of course you want your fun to last a little more ..
But you are not to be scoring everything to the minimum and remember that it is "only" a game.

On the other hand, people who see entropy, like more than a game, like to score down to the smallest detail every hunting, mining and crafting they do to try to discover the pattern of the game.

People, who dedicate themselves seriously to every thing they do and think at every moment if what they do will be profitable or not..

Again I apologize for my level of English
And I leave a third option like none, so that they can explain another style of game that they do.

What style of play do you have?

A little of both, i dont want to be ripped off, but i also want to have fun, just sayin

Most of what i do is for fun, although i do still track returns on certain activities to try to better myself at it, in the end its all fun to me. If i profit, that's great, but i will prob go splash out on something in the auction house with it or buy a deed or two to have some more passive peds coming in. Do i ever expect to withdraw??? no.

Can't have fun watching peds go, so I don't fool around and stick to one thing. Have heaps of skills sitting at 1 even after all these years.

I voted other style of play.

Its a game i expect to have fun and be emersed in the game play while making money because of my time invested. That is my approach to any game i play everyday.

the former. paying listing fees for the auction when most stuff I would want to put in doesn't even sell for a reasonable price is zero fun for me, hence I don't use that part of the game.

same reason I don't use ebay anymore nowadays, actually. (the part with the reasonable price, I dunno how their listing fees work nowadays). the moment my amon amarth wrath of the norsemen dvd set sold for 1 euro, something died inside of me.

good thing loot 2.0 gives you mostly shrap you don't need to worry about selling, eh? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
isnt fun to make ped? :(

Last edited:
Most of the time I'm placing emphasis on exploration/knowledge.

That way, when I decide I want to have fun or profit, I know where to go and what to do.

I think tracking returns is the reaction to attempting to understand your cost drain. If you imagine a system where you didn't lose at all, you probably wouldn't track at all.

I used to work on depos, lets say $300 a month and I'd expect that to last, I might not have been best pleased to top that up during a month but I often did (if it stayed in that range, I didn't bother tracking). Makes me smile looking back buying $40 - $50 L guns, throwing on amps etc. That said I always believed the MU on L guns was returned. It had too (a few years ago anyway), if burning one LR48 a day. As long as you bought a new L gun when you "had" peds, the system would pay you back in time to get another spare.

I track a little these days if running low level stuff, because I feel percentages losses on lower level stuff should be lower, although I suspect sometimes we're charged on time. Maybe that has something to do with licence fees, or a minimum amount MA considers each participant should contribute.....who knows, just speculating.

I don't want to track to be honest, charge me a couple of dollars if I'm hunting all day (call it 30 ped.....done). That said I've not been a heavy hunter for a while now, although I do want to get back into taming at some point.

Rick

Reactions: das
I find it funny to make money.

Although it has never died out completely it seems inventing your own fun was more common, more natural in the old days.

It was all that crazy stuff people invented--fisting spiders or umbras, or shooting drones with MPH, Opalo or CB5. Sometimes it was simply going from point A to point B straight through the wilderness, cutting down everything on our path with the sheer brute force of the Opalo, multiplied by twenty... That was where you could see the ubers in action up and close. That was where u got a glimpse of what high skills and attributes really look and feel like. Would you like to be able to run around with big spiders with that unbelievable speed? Would I ever got hooked with the game without that stuff? Noup, not likely.

soc_fun_hunts_shooting_drones_with_mph_leeloofaith.jpg

A Fun Soc MPH Hunt (above) and Enjoying the Flight [Jason's skydiving bug?] (below), courtesy of Leeloo Faith

enjoying_the_flight_2007_leeloofaith.jpg

Falx at Nea's sweat camp

falx_at_nea_s.jpg

wormhole_line_during_the_first_oil_rig_field_trip_organised_by_mikah_and_the_terra_verde_2006.jpg

Start () and end (below) of the Noob Trip to the Rig event (mass wormhole event organized by Terra Verde soc)

end_of_noob_trip_to_the_rig.jpg

Although it has never died out completely it seems inventing your own fun was more common, more natural in the old days.

It was all that crazy stuff people invented--fisting spiders or umbras, or shooting drones with MPH, Opalo or CB5. Sometimes it was simply going from point A to point B straight through the wilderness, cutting down everything on our path with the sheer brute force of the Opalo, multiplied by twenty.

Would I ever got hooked with the game without that stuff? Noup, not likely.

Very true. Those tt weapons teams were so funny on all sorts of mobs. Those constant TP's runs in the old days were fun, I did many trips to Neas from new Oxford running people. We all dreamed of vehicles though, and when the first buggies came there was a wow factor to own one.

Even though vehicles somewhat killed much of the community togetherness, shared loot such as the Sand-King replaced it. Nothing quite like those old robot wars when you could shoot Hydra all day with your noob gun or justy and the balancing manager knew just when to trigger the massive loots to save most shooters. Events were more about fun than money.....well it felt like that anyway.

The first time being invited on a Beacon was exciting.
The first time taking a space ship to go to CP was absolutely amazing.

I just think for us oldie players our expectations have grown, because we've done it all.
I've ran noobs to TP's in my VTOL, and they are in awe of the flight, we've just been around too long..lol.

I must have spent a year at old spawp camp shooting berys that looted whole stacks of shogun armour, and sweating bibos. It was fun times. Many many days and months drained away doing that.

I did regret taking one of those wormholes to the rig though, and was shoot instantly. Took hours to find a TP to get back to my regular patch....lol

Rick

I just think for us oldie players our expectations have grown, because we've done it all.

I think so too :) Last year I picked up an OJ from a revival close to the hadesheim crater surrounded by bots. He couldn't go out and was obvious he ended up by mistake. Probably dude felt a miracle or smth.

Just do what we used to do before: when you meet up a green dot drop your business, say hi and talk a bit :)

Ontopic: neither of those or both of them. For me is about connections and doing stuff together. Even if I am hunting and mining by my own, at the end of the day i am selling to someone who will do something and so on.

Indeed.

From my old collection :D

Selling sweat at antenna :sweat: :naughty:

I still have the sound in my head of the tribal drumbeat.. bum bum bum bum, bum bum bum bum, bum bum bum bum, then the sucking sound, then the chime from the loot window popping up with those little brown bottles.

Magic!

RIP old sweat process without the tool!

I am not much of a book keeper but I do have a little excel SS. That being said and if I may, tell you what I think about the book keeping. I once did a lot of shooting IRL rifle, shotgun and pistol. Rifle and pistol for fun and shotgun for money although considering all the extra cost (motel rooms, meals, gas, ammo and equipment) even though I did win money it was a lot like here never quite gets you to even. I never kept books on that either. However, I found that reloading my own ammo could save me money so I started doing that also and low and behold it became as much of a hobby as the actual shooting. Get the right bullet or right size of shot, the right power and primer, the list goes on but you get the picture. I think the ones that do the real book keeping, not like me, get just as much fun doing that as playing the game. To squeeze out the last ounce of profit from whatever you are doing even if it never gets you quite to even:).

My pic from days past just having fun. Got quit a few comments about how I did that. It was at fury before the 2010 engine change and before aircraft.

My pic from days past just having fun. Got quit a few comments about how I did that. It was at fury before the 2010 engine change and before aircraft.

I love this and I climb stuff in game all the time. giant trees, buildings, rocks, whatever.

It actually upset me when they changed the antenna cables at icarus and similar buildings (sweat camp) so you couldn't walk up the cables any more.

I'm too new I never got to sit and slide :rolleyes:

If you check my huntihttps://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?297955-Spawn-s-hunting-Logng log, I made 1000 ped TT profit with 14 Hunts. 1000 ped is 100 dollar / (14x 2 hours per Hunt) = 3,57 dollar per hour. My 15 year old son would not be jealous of that "job".

I am most definately here for fun.

By the post date I think your hunt was recent. It appears that you have been the game for a while (2005) and just wondering how you compare the loot from back then (pre 2010) as to now.

Had fun hunting 2009. Cost me 7k ped in one joyeous half week.

Craft for profit - lots of tracking and bookkeeping involved. But I enjoy the challenge of running a successful business so it is fun in that sense.
Hunt for fun - pick the right gear for the mob and then go out and shoot. No tracking returns.

I also set myself goals to achieve, eg complete certain missions, attain profession levels, obtain specific gear.

Very true. Those tt weapons teams were so funny on all sorts of mobs. Those constant TP's runs in the old days were fun, I did many trips to Neas from new Oxford running people. We all dreamed of vehicles though, and when the first buggies came there was a wow factor to own one.

Even though vehicles somewhat killed much of the community togetherness, shared loot such as the Sand-King replaced it. Nothing quite like those old robot wars when you could shoot Hydra all day with your noob gun or justy and the balancing manager knew just when to trigger the massive loots to save most shooters. Events were more about fun than money.....well it felt like that anyway.

The first time being invited on a Beacon was exciting.
The first time taking a space ship to go to CP was absolutely amazing.

I've ran noobs to TP's in my VTOL, and they are in awe of the flight, we've just been around too long..lol.

I must have spent a year at old spawp camp shooting berys that looted whole stacks of shogun armour, and sweating bibos. It was fun times. Many many days and months drained away doing that.

I did regret taking one of those wormholes to the rig though, and was shoot instantly. Took hours to find a TP to get back to my regular patch....lol

Rick

Another reason why the teamfun is harder these days are the iron missions. People started grinding more individually and having less teamfun.

Back