Passive unlock tips, tricks and suggestions

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
In another thread someone mentioned that a list of what actions are needed to unlock passives for everything had not been made yet. Consider this thread the beginning of that effort.

A couple of quotes from arkadia forum:

Each passive buff has a different activity to raise the criteria to be able to unlock it, some very simple, others not so much.
For example, the Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration simply requires feeding your pet, but the unlock was bugged until VU 15.10.4.
Other buffs require hunting, taming, eating autoloot pills.
Sadly, no one seems to have compiled a nice list of the activities required for each buff.

Each passive buff requires different action to push the "Unlock" bar to 100%:

• Skill gain - Pet and Taming - requires succesfull taming attempts on creatures while having your pet spawned (half af the bar) and killing creaturs while having your pet spawned (half of the bar)
  • Pet Focus - Increase Generation - requires doing certain mix of tricks with your pet.
  • Acceleration - requires running around with spawned pet
  • Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration - MISSING
  • Auto Loot - MISSING (probably looting creatures with pet spawned?)
  • Decrease Critical Damage - MISSING

Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration: need to feed the pet.

.03 % per auto loot pill. Not sure if skill level has impact.

calculating this...
Started with full tt whip, i.e. 204 ped.

Burned off 3 peds to get it down to 201.04 taming the bristlehogs at Sweat Camp beach tonight...

Skill gain - pet and taming unlock started at 47.7% on the prerequisite bar.

entropia_2017-07-18_17.55.30.jpg

at the end it was at 54.7%.
entropia_2017-07-18_18.12.43.jpg

so 7% raise in 3 peds of whip roughly... not exact science since a few of them did die, but on average most were tamed.

Getting all of these pets to unlock could take a while and cost a bit... not just in nutrio, whip decay, etc. but in time.

As far as the autoloot unlock on the oratan goes, it's going up roughly .03 % or so on the bar for every loot pill popped... and it only seems to go up when your avatar eats the pill, not in the act of actually auto looting when the pill is active... I have several pills from buying webshop boxes, but from tt each pill is 50 pec... so unless there's some 'trick' to it it's roughly 3 pills per percent (at .5 each that's what, 150 ped or so for 300), and will cost roughly 300 or more hours of in game time since each pill lasts an hour and you have to be logged in to burn it off since timer freezes on log out.?... Support says that it's acting correctly?... and that's just to get past the prereq bar, not counting actual time in leveling up to meet level requirements. I guess you could log in eat pill, and walk away, but that seems like a waste of ped and time... if you eat the pill you may as well go down the rabbit hole.

Since auto loot prerequisite doesn't seem to be impacted by anything other than pill popping find a mob you are doing iron mission on to burn through the auto loot timer. If you use select next key when auto tool is on auto loot saves you button pushing... I like using it and pills on puny red sea near the nest at Icarus for puny iron since on hour of that is about 1 or 3 K kills if using webshop gun and a101

Last edited:
Not sure if this would help, but I do own a Blue Atrox Pet (Auto Loot Buff Unlocked).

Anyways, I remember when I was leveling up my Blue Atrox pet and even had about 10% leveling up left to go on the level in which the Auto Loot buff was aquired...I was puzzled as my % criteria for Unlocking was still stuck at 79% :(. So, after many trials and errors of doing different activities with my Blue Atrox pet (by then the level requirement was aquired/met, but the criteria % had not been met yet - Stuck), tried hunting, mining, crafting, sweating, doing many various tricks, traveling, taming, and on and on....the % criteria did not even budge to my dismay :/! Eventually I stumbled upon that eating any loot pills helps to boost up the % criteria for unlocking the Auto Loot buff and thus it finally worked (guess it goes with the actual pet buff after all - irony or coincident?).

Note: consuming and using up the time (% increase will be added once pill runs out) on any auto loot would vary the % increase ranging from 3% to highest I think I got on % boost of up to 8%. Recommend not using the red autoloot pills from boxes and use the ones from TT in order to have shorter times on waiting for auto loot pills to wear out.

Didn't mean to type a novel here, but wanted to help contribute to any one who owns a Blue Atrox pet and is stuck on unlocking the Auto Loot buff upon reaching their pet's required level and unable to boost up the criteria % for unlocking.

Cheerz,
Vi

I recently found an Oratan Miner and had it tamed, I am approaching Level 7 so I can travel with it, but looking at the boosts, the pet and taming boost has stopped at 50% and the critical damage decrease has stopped at 87.5%, now, I know I'd have to have it out while taming for that passive to increase, but any idea about what to do for the decrease crit dmg ?

I recently found an Oratan Miner and had it tamed, I am approaching Level 7 so I can travel with it, but looking at the boosts, the pet and taming boost has stopped at 50% and the critical damage decrease has stopped at 87.5%, now, I know I'd have to have it out while taming for that passive to increase, but any idea about what to do for the decrease crit dmg ?

Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration: need to feed the pet.

Try feeding it.

I have my sapphire eudorian devil at level 7 and a bit..

Pet Focus - Increase Generation - requires doing certain mix of tricks with your pet.

Will try to test if I can unlock it.. currently at 95% and not moving.

Not sure if this would help, but I do own a Blue Atrox Pet (Auto Loot Buff Unlocked).

Anyways, I remember when I was leveling up my Blue Atrox pet and even had about 10% leveling up left to go on the level in which the Auto Loot buff was aquired...I was puzzled as my % criteria for Unlocking was still stuck at 79% :(. So, after many trials and errors of doing different activities with my Blue Atrox pet (by then the level requirement was aquired/met, but the criteria % had not been met yet - Stuck), tried hunting, mining, crafting, sweating, doing many various tricks, traveling, taming, and on and on....the % criteria did not even budge to my dismay :/! Eventually I stumbled upon that eating any loot pills helps to boost up the % criteria for unlocking the Auto Loot buff and thus it finally worked (guess it goes with the actual pet buff after all - irony or coincident?).

Note: consuming and using up the time (% increase will be added once pill runs out) on any auto loot would vary the % increase ranging from 3% to highest I think I got on % boost of up to 8%. Recommend not using the red autoloot pills from boxes and use the ones from TT in order to have shorter times on waiting for auto loot pills to wear out.

Didn't mean to type a novel here, but wanted to help contribute to any one who owns a Blue Atrox pet and is stuck on unlocking the Auto Loot buff upon reaching their pet's required level and unable to boost up the criteria % for unlocking.

Cheerz,
Vi

Atrox Sapphire Pup:
Criteria>AUTOLOOT>
50%Contribute: 40 autoloot pills are required to complete 50% of Criteria;
50%Contribute: the other 50% comes mostly from hunting if I remember right: its are required approx 4kills for +0,1% increase, btw at early kills the % could be higher, like for other pets Criterias (even if MA hasn't changed something lately).

Criteria>PET & TAMING> I don't remember if Taming Creatures could helps (unlocked a L22 Atrox Sapphire pup myself, but it was long time ago, lol), btw most of % of Criteria comes from Hunting: +0.1% increase for approx 2 mobs killed.

Risen

I've trained a Atrox Ruby Pup who has same Decrease Critical Damage, and I have Oratan Miner (training now) also;
well... maybe, not sure, you are missing that % of Criteria who comes from action made from mobs who attack you during hunting; it means who some % of Criteria for unlock Decrease Critical Damage (on Atrox Ruby Pup it is exactly 25%) come from "receiving CRITICAL DAMAGE from the mob" (+1.25% increase of Criteria = 1 Critical Damage received).

Risen

.03 % per auto loot pill. Not sure if skill level has impact.

Since auto loot prerequisite doesn't seem to be impacted by anything other than pill popping find a mob you are doing iron mission on to burn through the auto loot timer. If you use select next key when auto tool is on auto loot saves you button pushing... I like using it and pills on puny red sea near the nest at Icarus for puny iron since on hour of that is about 1 or 3 K kills if using webshop gun and a101

Autoloot Criteria% is impacted from HUNTING mainly. ....then from eating autoloot pills (no matters which one, the % increase will be the same, it is suggested to move in advance using those pills to avoid to lose peds eating pills while afk, imo; it is not smart to try to unlock a buff that way (I've reported that to MA who certain "unknown" ways to unlock buff could imply a loss of ped on certain profession like training pets, just because you can discover it ...late, but nothing changed, lol)

Risen

I've trained a Atrox Ruby Pup who has same Decrease Critical Damage, and I have Oratan Miner (training now) also;
well... maybe, not sure, you are missing that % of Criteria who comes from action made from mobs who attack you during hunting; it means who some % of Criteria for unlock Decrease Critical Damage (on Atrox Ruby Pup it is exactly 25%) come from "receiving CRITICAL DAMAGE from the mob" (+1.25% increase of Criteria = 1 Critical Damage received).

Risen

I have been hunting with it while leveling and have taken some crits, and maybe that is why it is at 87.5% right now. I will have to check it again after a crit to see if it has increased.

Thank you!

I have been hunting with it while leveling and have taken some crits, and maybe that is why it is at 87.5% right now. I will have to check it again after a crit to see if it has increased.

Thank you!

Alright.. another update. So it appears that crits that kill you do not help the %, but the crits you take and survive do impact the unlock criteria. I'm happy to report that the number is climbing with each crit hit taken (that I survive).

Hope it helps others! :)

Last edited:
I have my sapphire eudorian devil at level 7 and a bit..

Pet Focus - Increase Generation - requires doing certain mix of tricks with your pet.

Will try to test if I can unlock it.. currently at 95% and not moving.

it worked..

rollover, greet, dance, bow unlocked the skill pet focus increase generation.

Back