Monitor the Top Ten in the Battle Simulator

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
I'm sure EU already has some type of anti-cheat software in place (Punkbuster, GameGuard, etc...) but the problem with anti-cheat software is that it primarily detects outside software being used to enhance performance. Exploits and glitches generally go undetected. I think that the top 10 runs should be recorded and manually watched. Maybe do something like have a system in place to where the runs are automatically recorded, then if at the end of the run it doesn't end up in position 1-10 the recording is deleted. I'm not sure how other games record gameplay normally, but maybe something like, ghost avatar uses select target, then target body at the beginning of the instance, then video recording software begins recording might work. I bring this up because along with personal suspicion over certain avatars and their battle simulator runs, a friend of mine claims to have accidentally clipped through a door before finishing a room (he was able to continue with the instance as normal). If something like this can happen on accident, then it's almost guaranteed that people have found a way to exploit this or other glitches to improve their times.

maybe make it so there's a cool down... if you 'win' above a certain level in the standings calculations you can't do the simulator for another couple of days or a week or something?

Monitoring it does sound like a good idea, but devs are probably too busy to be bothered?

Last edited:
Well, the problem there is that if someone were to cheat for a good time, then they would still be encouraged to come back again to take the placement prize again. The placement payouts are only once a week, and there are a few people who seemingly only do a very small amount of runs so that they can collect the prize at the end of the week. They have no interest in trying to farm for guns, so limiting the amount of runs they can do wouldn't effect them in any way. It would only take around an hour and a half to watch all of the top ten runs BTW. It could be done once a week during the period before payouts and the next leaderboard begins.

I should add that in case anyone isn't suspicious of certain runners, watch the leaderboards. There are a few who consistently get top 5 within very short time spans. If you run the battle simulator a lot, then you know that your finish time is heavily RNG dependent making it very unlikely to get your best time within a few runs. I already submitted a support case and got feedback regarding one avatar who I was suspicious of, and they haven't appeared on the leaderboard since. So this suspicion obviously isn't groundless.

I have noticed certain people getting extreme times and I have no clue how they do it, my best time so far is 7.58 and that run I had nearly perfect RNG with both spawns and crits/high damage hits..
Paired with trying to move on an optimal route and still im 2 minutes behind some people, No clue how they do it...

I think MA should just record your Avatar full time Lethal, that way they would have caught you scamming me ! (And Others) Sounds like a better idea to me!

I think MA should just record your Avatar full time Lethal, that way they would have caught you scamming me ! (And Others) Sounds like a better idea to me!

Could you elaborate Sevvy? There are a lot of avatars with Lethal in their name, and I think you have me confused with someone else. Also, I doubt they would do that, but I wouldn't have any problem with it if they did lol

I have noticed certain people getting extreme times and I have no clue how they do it, my best time so far is 7.58 and that run I had nearly perfect RNG with both spawns and crits/high damage hits..
Paired with trying to move on an optimal route and still im 2 minutes behind some people, No clue how they do it...

It is possible to get a sub 7 minute run, but it takes almost perfect movement and RNG. My friend who is a top 500 Overwatch player sent me a video of him doing a 7:13 second run, and he has had better runs than that. The problem is that even with running hundreds of battle simulators it still normally takes him between 20-50 runs per week normally before he gets a satisfactory time because of the RNG. Some of the avatars get about the same sub 7:20 runs every week within a span of about an hour. Seemingly on their first try. The rest you can watch them progressively improve their time throughout the week.

It is possible to get a sub 7 minute run, but it takes almost perfect movement and RNG. My friend who is a top 500 Overwatch player sent me a video of him doing a 7:13 second run, and he has had better runs than that. The problem is that even with running hundreds of battle simulators it still normally takes him between 20-50 runs per week normally before he gets a satisfactory time because of the RNG. Some of the avatars get about the same sub 7:20 runs every week within a span of about an hour. Seemingly on their first try. The rest you can watch them progressively improve their time throughout the week.

id like to team with your friend for a few games:)

Bump as this post is still extremely relevant.

Update: we're down to only 2 suspected exploiters. I have good reason to believe they were banned for account sharing.

Its about time someone brought attention to this issue. Ban all the cheaters so its fair for everyone :yay:

How do people exploit BS?:scratch2:

Probably clipping through walls, doors, etc... as this game has some really bugged object interaction would be my best guess. Ever walk on a mountain and end up falling through the map? Or maybe you've simply gotten stuck in a wall or object you've bumped into before. Well, the same concept can be used to intentionally get into areas you aren't normally allowed like through locked doors and walls. It's one of the most commonly used exploits in gaming for speedrun categories that allow glitches as many games have clippable objects that can allow you to complete areas faster. I don't have any solid proof of the exploits as I simply don't have the tools to watch someone's run, but I have some fairly incriminating statements that I unfortunately can't share due to forum rules. Anything else I can say about it should already be stated in my other posts on this thread.

Probably clipping through walls, doors, etc... as this game has some really bugged object interaction would be my best guess. Ever walk on a mountain and end up falling through the map? Or maybe you've simply gotten stuck in a wall or object you've bumped into before. Well, the same concept can be used to intentionally get into areas you aren't normally allowed like through locked doors and walls. It's one of the most commonly used exploits in gaming for speedrun categories that allow glitches as many games have clippable objects that can allow you to complete areas faster. I don't have any solid proof of the exploits as I simply don't have the tools to watch someone's run, but I have some fairly incriminating statements that I unfortunately can't share due to forum rules. Anything else I can say about it should already be stated in my other posts on this thread.

Fascinating, thanks for the explanation.

not sure if they really care ... they rather advertise it on facebook 2 days ago, because everything is good, isn't it? :scratch2:

Its about time someone brought attention to this issue. Ban all the cheaters so its fair for everyone :yay:

That is a easy answer. They start a avatar and start reselling as a player whether it be in skill or beauty to skill or get players to buy their loot they get from hunting..Hmm a pretty chick might peak an interest? No? eh? Or maybe start a hunting stream..and everyone sees the hunting technique that they soooo know from years. ;) I don't know..hmm maybe I'm way off.

Simply running the instance I think is around 3 minutes. Then, the final stage is again impossible to be done under aprox 1,5 minutes given the mobs and the round structure (those different power sources). That leaves for all targets in first runs 2-2.5 minutes to aim & shoot (of course while running). Healing was nerfed so now you have what, 30hp each few seconds. That implies no mob gets trapped (which I see often enough), no lagged shots from turrets (so sometimes you lose half of hp to basically lag) etc Everyone has some lag from time to time, even on broadband and awesome ISPs.

The main problem is that for a lazy ass like me playing on a laptop with a bad at times internet connection, a time under 10min (I think this was my best) is impossible. Or very hard without lot of farming. But, since I am consistently way under top performers, then my loot is not batsim pistols, but socket components. Which doesn't justify the farming. I tried in total I think 30 runs to see how fast I can do it and other 10-15 just to login out of curiosity to see if I ever catch improved loot (different topic alltogether), only had 1 in the first version of the batsim. Also put down because of exploiters.

I have no problem with being outperformed by better players, but if is better players not exploiters.
I am not sure if it has to do with clipping (although I also experienced something but was never able to reproduce it to report), but with some buffs or other mechanics interacting with the instance, even if in theory all are reset when entering the instance.

So I am not touching that again until public notice from MA :bs:

Do away with doors. Make each section a different instance.... Make it like the old onimusha type games

Last edited:
I really don't think doors has anything to do with it, you can't complete it without killing ALL mobs anyways so you still have to kill before moving on to the next section of BS. Otherwise what would be the point of even having a gun other than to defend yourself? I would think MA is WELL aware of what is going on in BS as they have eliminated cheaters in the past

I really don't think doors has anything to do with it, you can't complete it without killing ALL mobs anyways so you still have to kill before moving on to the next section of BS. Otherwise what would be the point of even having a gun other than to defend yourself? I would think MA is WELL aware of what is going on in BS as they have eliminated cheaters in the past

Why do you say all mobs have to be killed to complete it? The timer can be triggered and the enemies can spawn before the first door countdown (requirement for opening the door) has completed sometimes if you run and jump around. If you ever see your first timer missing a few seconds, then that's what happened. (It also counts against your time). If that requirement can be skipped, I don't see why another requirement couldn't be skipped later in the run i.e. having to clear the enemies. For instance, what if you could get to the final room and it spawns enemies like normal even without you killing the enemies in the room before? As far as I know, all that killing the enemies does is open the door. This is all speculation of course. I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but I have good reason to believe it's seedy behavior. Also, I'm not sure what eliminating cheaters in the past has to do with the current case as there are many types of cheating, some of which won't raise any red flags on anti hack software or input logs.

Well, this week was especially irritating. 3 of the non legit players came back on the board after about a month of absence (one of them never left.) 3 non- legit players were in top 5 this week and places 1-5 were the only positions that received payouts. So they received even bigger payouts than usual. Anyways, I'm not putting another dime into this game until this issue is addressed. Props to Doe (whoever you are) for nailing down your time to under 7 minutes. Sorry you have to get 4th place to scumbags who are ok with cheating others out of their money.

Back