Info: Downloading Entropia 20-30 GB, is like bloatware

glennbuck

Provider
glennbuck glennbuck johnson
Installing EU on new computer and it took 2 hours + and seems around 20-30 GB of downloads, would this make some new players not even bother and cancel download to play something else?

All newish games nowadays are daft DL amounts. Bought Marrowwind and the original Elder Scrolls online last night on me ps4, that was 60-80 gig. Was drunk lol think it was 60 ish. But if console gamers are used to that kind of download I suppose anyone is :)
Best of luck out there!
Conners.

Like others are saying, huge install downloads are the new norm.
DOOM is free on PS4 this weekend... downloaded some 60GB I think and played only 10 minutes... DOOM not for me.

PS. If you have PS4 and find your downloads pathetically slow, run a basic proxy on your PC and set your PS4 to use it... download times drop from hours to minutes.

I installed entropia on a new pc a couple weeks ago and I was up and running in maybe 15-20 minutes. Not sure how this would take hours? My download speed was not great either. I think the client loader said 7 mb/s. Although I did only install calypso. But the rest you can do while in game.

I installed entropia on a new pc a couple weeks ago and I was up and running in maybe 15-20 minutes. Not sure how this would take hours? My download speed was not great either. I think the client loader said 7 mb/s. Although I did only install calypso. But the rest you can do while in game.

*cry* due to being too far away from the next DSLAM all I get is 670kB/s :-(

You can choose to download less than that.

That being said, 20-30 GB really isn't that much. Elder scrolls online takes 60-70 gigs.

well,all players want content,good graphics etc...

and most ppl have either a likely good Internet connection or are able to click on parts of downloading, and play eu while downloading other planets in background..

and yes all modern games have a good amount of gb to download...and its getting more every year...

I have all planets downloaded and my installation directory is only 17Gb, that's actually small compared to most other games. If you want to download only the planets you use:

Open the launcher > Tools
Planet Data tab > uncheck anything you don't want

man why dont u download for start the planet u are on ? rest when u go afk :)

I have all planets downloaded and my installation directory is only 17Gb, that's actually small compared to most other games. If you want to download only the planets you use:

Open the launcher > Tools
Planet Data tab > uncheck anything you don't want

Exactly, you don't have to download all the planets. Just download where you want to play the most, then download space on your afk time, so that you can get elsewhere, and after that download the other places you plan to visit.

I can download everything within minutes (200 mbps fibre link), but I still only download main planet + space first, and later when am thinking of visiting will download the appropriate planets. Even now, my current install which is months old, does not have all the planets downloaded.

*cry* due to being too far away from the next DSLAM all I get is 670kB/s :-(

That´s so 2001............ :eyecrazy:
Think you´re not living in Munich or Regensburg? Poor guy :( I´m Feeling with you.
but DSL6000 (Payed is 16000!) isn´t realy better..... :(

Exactly, you don't have to download all the planets. Just download where you want to play the most, then download space on your afk time, so that you can get elsewhere, and after that download the other places you plan to visit.

I can download everything within minutes (200 mbps fibre link), but I still only download main planet + space first, and later when am thinking of visiting will download the appropriate planets. Even now, my current install which is months old, does not have all the planets downloaded.

I do have 80 mbps broadband fibre, but for some reason download speed is 500 kbps upto 1 mbps, anyway i needed to download it a second time and it was so slow i worked out it would be better to clone my old hard drive to the new one and this works alot quicker.

Like others are saying, huge install downloads are the new norm.
DOOM is free on PS4 this weekend... downloaded some 60GB I think and played only 10 minutes... DOOM not for me.

doom.jpg

Oh I dunno, give it another try. ;)

Back