Findings 2.0

Acro

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Freelancer
Acronoid
1. armor decay is added to the base loot of the mob causing it.
2. crit hit & crit dmg rings have a negative impact unless you have very high DPP.
3. eco doesn't matter at all unless you have very high DPP
4. healing decay is wasted, as is tp and vehicle oil
5. overkill is still bad, but less bad than it was
6. they didn't change the loot algorithm
7. Still not wise to hunt during events

1. armor decay is added to the base loot of the mob causing it.
2. crit hit & crit dmg rings have a negative impact unless you have very high DPP.
3. eco doesn't matter at all unless you have very high DPP
4. healing decay is wasted, as is tp and vehicle oil
5. overkill is still bad, but less bad than it was
6. they didn't change the loot algorithm
7. Still not wise to hunt during events

ALL of those things was true about the old system also. What's new?

2. what do u mean about negative impact ?

Hunting during events is the best time... it does create more chances of loses, but also gains... basically more folks are playing the progressive slot machine, so it makes it more fun and dynamic.

2. what do u mean about negative impact ?

Imagine hunting a 4 ped mob that drops high tt oils... like kindey/pancreas..

So you crit 5 times and kill that mob for 1.8 ped instead of 3.8 ped at your base dpp w/ buffs... The TT of the oil is too high to be given to you, so you only get the shrapnel.

sure you'd get some of that back in multis and whatever else, but it does add much more variance in a system with too much variance as it is.

hmmm...will have to test with and without ring to really see the difference i understand what you say and i know that your a player i can probably take advice from (Rocket) but ill have to test this out.

Please provide data to back up these findings. :)

I have this weird feeling that the loot algorithm has actually changed from looking purely at damage done to taking decay into account. Remember when some MA guy killed a huge robot with the Marco gun? it has no decay and ludicrous damage and the loot was normal (it actually gave a hof !).

I think now it depends a lot more on decay, and it would make sense since they introduced the Efficiency parameter to weapons that would save some operations to the algorithm.

This could also be why going full critical chance/damage may be less effective now (don't really know, honestly).

I don't seem to get punished at all for hunting with my unmaxed non-sib weapon. Maybe I'm just in a lucky streak... another thing to test, for sure ;)

Now be careful tho, this is a wild theory. I have no data, and don't make logs anymore. Maybe someone with more free time and expertise could do the test.

A change was necessary, but we have to be careful and test things properly.

also if u get hit by a shared loot mob on armor and someone later gets a global on it u get the msg

about loot in events so far i saw two things....sometimes the loot is on a break like was on MM when yule gave ath or your avatar is a losing period (so what i get back later all)

Last edited:
Please provide data to back up these findings. :)
Here's a few data:
26da32597d9bd37fde9da22660aa524f24fd725c.jpg

d3c7e2f13d99edef700ed6b48fbfb694579299d2.jpg

7b8d915440ad9576ae309015b2a14ce012005ce9.jpg

e31de46ca2e5dba7341288d17d4777af52f051be.jpg

I don't seem to get punished at all for hunting with my unmaxed non-sib weapon. Maybe I'm just in a lucky streak... another thing to test, for sure ;)

Now be careful tho, this is a wild theory. I have no data, and don't make logs anymore. Maybe someone with more free time and expertise could do the test.

A change was necessary, but we have to be careful and test things properly.

While I understand us all going off and testing things as we think best, also with some more and some less accurate tracking / gut feeling ratio, maybe we can agree on some kind of standard for a 'relative loot test'.

I'm thinking about the following ideas for those who do not use loot tracker software (or who do, but whose data could fit in easily with those without):
1: take 3 containers (boxes, luggage, vehicles) with you into which you can put loots
2: select a mob which gives low weight loot, i.e mostly shrapnel or so
3: if you want to compare armour decay with naked and fap, choose a high aggro mob you can still deal with (merp? - any on untaxed land? - what are foul like on aggro?)
4: if you can activate a mission with kill count, this can make counting easier
5: depending on hunt size, kill 10/20/50 with one setup, move the loot into its box and change to the other hunting style
6: if you get a multi (have loot box off so the value shows on screen), move the value into the 3rd container right away or note the value down)
7: when returning to base, compare the base loots of the two styles and note the decay from the one half
8: it might be advisable to add a fourth container to separate the multis, or clearly put multi-values in the left and right side of the containers (without merging them), so you can get an idea if the multi-frequency appears to be different with the styles (=possible payback of armour decay via increased low multis - my 'observation')

Is this a good idea? Would people like to give it a go? Suggestions?
One main aim is to split off the multis, as base loot will be much easier to compare on lowish numbers of mobs if the multis are extracted (or at least separated).

I have another post in this section you can take a quick look at re: buffs.

If no data, all you have is Lore.

Back