How long does a dead player stay on before kicked ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
It seems that I usually DCed after maybe 10 or 15 minutes for no activity when alive. I played about an hour and noticed a white dot when I started and when I left, The other day I swear there was a white dot for 2 ours when I was playing.
The curious thing is who walks off after getting killed and leaves the game running ? Makes you wonder if a bot around.

I remember years ago there was a bot where the player would die and then revive and run out and get killed again over and over. I watched one for 20 minutes at the little trox LA. Tried to talk but no answer and ask about it here and was told it was a bot and they were skilling evade.

Anyway when the games is waiting for an input I am sure it will wait forever and I bet MA didn't think about that when they re-did the way we revive. But it would stop a bot.

dunno if something changed, but recently i've found i can idle without been kicked. probably changed as it did kick crafters even while they crafted

Pretty sure I can be alt-tabbed for hours and then simply close the 'logging of in x seconds' window as soon as I maximize EU - no idea why this doesn't activate sooner

You get kicked after 60 min of inactivity (you get a warning and 60 sec timer at the end) unless you have some tool/weapon on auto-use - you most likely have seen people shooting and sweating walls for hours. Crafting is not inactivity, you won't get kicked until you run out of the preset clicks / materials.

As for dead people, I often leave my avatar in the middle of a hunting field. Normally I spawn a sleipnir and sit on the passenger seat, but sometimes I'm in hurry or don't expect to be absent for long. Now after the revive change If I get killed I keep lying there until I return and click the "Ready to revive" message, but I don't think I've been dead for 1h+ yet to test if the message prevents disconnecting. Nor am I inclined to purposely test it :)

Not sure if it works any more, but as of last year it was possible to alt tab while dead, reboot, and your corpse would remain there til you logged back in. Fun times at the oil line, we used to use them as landmarks or sometimes decor.

dunno if something changed, but recently i've found i can idle without been kicked. probably changed as it did kick crafters even while they crafted

Pretty sure I can be alt-tabbed for hours and then simply close the 'logging of in x seconds' window as soon as I maximize EU - no idea why this doesn't activate sooner

You guys can but I have not been able to last very long, got booted twice in an hour when I had a couple of things to do and came back and I was out. I did nothing special other than left my ava in a safe place up the side of a mountain.

Not sure if it works any more, but as of last year it was possible to alt tab while dead, reboot, and your corpse would remain there til you logged back in. Fun times at the oil line, we used to use them as landmarks or sometimes decor.
Now that's a possibility.

Last edited:
You get kicked after 60 min of inactivity (you get a warning and 60 sec timer at the end) unless you have some tool/weapon on auto-use - you most likely have seen people shooting and sweating walls for hours. Crafting is not inactivity, you won't get kicked until you run out of the preset clicks / materials.

As for dead people, I often leave my avatar in the middle of a hunting field. Normally I spawn a sleipnir and sit on the passenger seat, but sometimes I'm in hurry or don't expect to be absent for long. Now after the revive change If I get killed I keep lying there until I return and click the "Ready to revive" message, but I don't think I've been dead for 1h+ yet to test if the message prevents disconnecting. Nor am I inclined to purposely test it :)

Yea I see the old sleipnir trick quite a bit but I am just to tight to burn up the ped sitting there:).

Crafting is not inactivity, you won't get kicked until you run out of the preset clicks / materials.

I hunt for hours and newer get disconnection.
But as soon i interrogate auction will get disconnected.
Same with crafting.
Once you could set mats for all night and go sleep.
But now it last random from few minutes to 20 and I get disconnected.
Maybe because I browse internet or look film on YouTube or because have pet spawned.
Whatever but its getting ridiculous.

*After disconnection message where you need to click ok - if I try to log in back too fast I get message that my ava is still logged in lol

Seem evident that app witch decide to kick you off is not synchronized with rest of EU.

Last edited:

I used to put my char crafting thousands of clicks and then go for a nap... everytime i woke up i had been disconnected... i dont have a sleep mode on on computer so cant be that.. and usually it dc'd quite early on the run... it might have something to with the minimized window.. who knows

Crafting is not inactivity, you won't get kicked until you run out of the preset clicks / materials.

When i've done crafting, after about 30-40 minutes i would just be dc'd with no warning, if i kept active by clicking a couple of things every now and then, i'd be fine. i assumed it was EU doing it but i guess the connection could be seen as idle and then closed

but now i can afk for over an hour easy with no warnings or anything

If you switch seats, you go to the passenger seat, and the engine turns off.

Thanks for the info I did not know that:) Now if we could only suspend the loot pill I would be happy;)

Thanks for the info I did not know that:) Now if we could only suspend the loot pill I would be happy;)

Thats an advantage of pets with autoloot buff

Thats an advantage of pets with autoloot buff

Don't you have feed them and walk them and comb them yada yada yada ? Aren't they more expensive than the loot pill ?

Here is a link to the 5 that have that buff and "To train" 1 is average and the other 4 are hard. Only 3 on caly looks like the chances to get one is rare and harder. Probably just stick with the pills

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Pets, have to do a search where pet skill = loot.

Last edited:
Don't you have feed them and walk them and comb them yada yada yada ? Aren't they more expensive than the loot pill ?

Not counting all other costs, the auto-loot buff costs more in nutriobars per hour than the 1 hour tt lootpill and provides only 5m range vs 20m on said pill. But the advantage of the pets is that if you say need the buff only for 10 min for a daily mission, you don't need to waste the full hour on the pill. The economy is laughable of course compared to the cost of such pets at the levels required to unlock the buff.

Now that's a possibility.

Probably what he said. Sometimes when I am tired I sweat and fall asleep not sure how long i stay dead for but when I log back in it shows the death animation and I hit revive. So maybe that whole time I am a white dot?

Probably what he said. Sometimes when I am tired I sweat and fall asleep not sure how long i stay dead for but when I log back in it shows the death animation and I hit revive. So maybe that whole time I am a white dot?
Normally your white dot disappears some seconds after you log out, and then reappears when you log in. Unless you happened to be alt tabbed in windows mode when you die.

Back