Transferring assets between different games

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
There seems to be a lot of junk and confusion around ND coins and Teleport Tokens (Fuelled by ND himself!). I am hoping in this thread we can have a sensible discussion and throw away some of the bullshit coming out in press releases and ND.

To essentially decipher what it all is, the facts, and mechanics of how it works.

Excerpt from press release:
"Teleport Token is currently being integrated in popular games such as Shroud of the Avatar with plans to integrate into many of VR’s most popular games going forward. Teleport Tokens will be consumed each time they are used within a game, and divided through smart contract design and API into fragments to be re-looted, mined, or collected and re-crafted with player skill so that they can be traded between players and used again."

Full press release here:
https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/07/31/neverdie-creates-interoperable-teleport-token-use-across-vr-worlds-create-gamified-virtual-reality-jobs/

I tried searching for the ICO Whitepaper regarding ND coins and Teleport tokens and came up with this:
https://icobazaar.com/static/0d0200e06e37e6a15107d7bf2f846b3a/NDC-TPT-ICO-Whitepaper-v-1-eng.pdf

At first glance doesn't seem to have any hard facts, more bullshit. I'll try and look over it later, have to do some work now...

Anyway, what caught my eye was: "Teleport Token is currently being integrated in popular games such as Shroud of the Avatar"

Now I've not heard of Shroud of the avatar but I don't think it's a planet in EU. So Teleport tokens will be used in different games. It's not clear if they will be in EU at all. So interesting concept in theory of transferring assets between games or indeed even avatars between games.

Thought we not supposed to mention other games (especially mmo) here?

On another note, if those tokens have value here and elsewhere, will they be sort of a "intergame currency" for games? Assuming that MA creates and "drops / sells" those tokens here, on behalf of ND.

If MA does not allow it ingame, does not have systems ingame which recognize it, it will be just another way to "buy/sell" items here.

Example I sell my FAP here for 10 tokens (not sure how that is transacted, give it to a trusted 3rd party while someone transfers those tokens to a "token account" out of the game - sort of like paypal for tokens?) and I can use those tokens in another game, which has direct support for those tokens?

IF MA does not not provide direct support, I assume if there are issues, MA will not get involved / may consider it breaking EULA and ban the accounts?

Basically, as long as MA does not get involved, it should be same from MA's perspective as someone selling / buying items for cash transfer outside the game. Instead of cash, in this case it will be some tokens.

Didn't the last mmowc use neverdie coins already?

If the teleporter is built, then I could earn neverdie coins in a non-rce game and spend them on items here?

I guess Mindark would only agree if these items were user-bound, otherwise it would be a big economical mess.

...otherwise it would be a big economical mess.

what's the difference between PED and NDC in your opinion? both is $, just sayin...

what's the difference between PED and NDC in your opinion? both is $, just sayin...

Not at all. Neverdie is betting on a cryptocurrency which he would dream to become the common currency throughout mmos.

The basis are there, all mmos somehow use various types of sellable goodie crates, bonus shops etc. This could represent the logistic infrastructure.

The advantage would be that any mmo can switch to rce using this fragmentation. The disatvantage is that it can be a legal and accounting nightmare and on top of that all devs involved should agree to a sort of common monetary policy and balance and that is in itself a Pandora's box.

Not at all. Neverdie is betting on a cryptocurrency which he would dream to become the common currency throughout mmos.

The basis are there, all mmos somehow use various types of sellable goodie crates, bonus shops etc. This could represent the logistic infrastructure.

The advantage would be that any mmo can switch to rce using this fragmentation. The disatvantage is that it can be a legal and accounting nightmare and on top of that all devs involved should agree to a sort of common monetary policy and balance and that is in itself a Pandora's box.

many many games (if not basically all) dont want to have their goods be sellable via any way. so the major game developers have zero interest in using such a system.
the stuff ND said, that you will be able to teleport between different games using different engines is completely and utter bullshit and proves that ND has absolutely no fucking clue what he is talking about. His coin will fail like 99% of the cryptos do.

many many games (if not basically all) dont want to have their goods be sellable via any way. so the major game developers have zero interest in using such a system.
the stuff ND said, that you will be able to teleport between different games using different engines is completely and utter bullshit and proves that ND has absolutely no fucking clue what he is talking about. His coin will fail like 99% of the cryptos do.

1. it is not about selling goods (at least in 1st stage)
2. it is not about teleporting between games

It's about introducing a price for teleporting (or fast travel or other equivalent processes), which price to be uniquely paid in this currency, which to be then represented according to each game engine. And the currency itself to have an equivalent in this cryptocurrency. The biggest flaw is that he's proposing something which is fundamentally free to become paid :laugh:

1. it is not about selling goods (at least in 1st stage)
2. it is not about teleporting between games

It's about introducing a price for teleporting (or fast travel or other equivalent processes), which price to be uniquely paid in this currency, which to be then represented according to each game engine. And the currency itself to have an equivalent in this cryptocurrency. The biggest flaw is that he's proposing something which is fundamentally free to become paid :laugh:

okay please explain to me why (!) blizzard, or any other top tier game (developer) would want to force extra cost onto their customers to use something that is free in 99,9% of the games.
there is absolutely no advantage in doing it. i mean even here, in EU, where there has to be paid for basically everything, we dont get TP fees because MA said its a stupid idea.
nobody will use it because its just useless. the big games all earn more than enough money with cosmetics, where the people pay the money freely. when you enforce some kind of extra tax on them then more than 90% of the people wont play the game. and thats why they wotn implement something like that

okay please explain to me why (!) blizzard, or any other top tier game (developer) would want to force extra cost onto their customers to use something that is free in 99,9% of the games.
there is absolutely no advantage in doing it. i mean even here, in EU, where there has to be paid for basically everything, we dont get TP fees because MA said its a stupid idea.
nobody will use it because its just useless. the big games all earn more than enough money with cosmetics, where the people pay the money freely. when you enforce some kind of extra tax on them then more than 90% of the people wont play the game. and thats why they wotn implement something like that

Neverdie is not blizzard. Entropia is not blizzard, neither is this shroud of the avatar game. But all indie wannabe games without anything to lose could adopt the NDC. Don't look at it from within our universe, but all the universes out there that would like to have some standardized monetising option. Right now we have rocktropia and shroud of the avatar, there could be a lot of lesser game companies (mount and blade?) who want this.

okay please explain to me why

I think you mistook me for some kind of supporter of the idea. I am not, I just tried to explain what I understood from this initiative.

It could work if the players have also some advantage. Just as the case with PED, if that currency can also be gained through ingame activities which, somehow, could translate into RL mining for the crypto equivalent, it could work. But, as with anything in this world, especially when is about material value, there must be trust. And I kind of said everything on the matter, in my view.

Some thoughts...

MA has always tried to keep crime and possible money laundering out of the game. That doesn't seem to fit with getting involved with cryptocurrency.

As far as EU goes, NVD's idea could sort of work if the teleporters were interstellar. Players would pay for that. Space would have to be changed, though.

People in other games might want a way to translate their gaming there into IRL currency in EU.

An additional incentive would be if these coins could provide a cheaper way for EU players to get ped ingame than paying the fees in the webshop. Sort of like AUs were. That would actually benefit MA.

Overall, I doubt it's a good idea.

https://news.slashdot.org/story/17/...network-just-split-in-half-and-why-it-matters

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...etwork-just-split-in-half-and-why-it-matters/

How many years til Eth does as Bitcoin just did?

guess it already did...

https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-classic-explained-blockchain/

As far as transfers goes, it seems that ND is going to have to create an api that can allow transfer of assets from one game to another, but how 'safe' such a thing will be is really is the question to be answered.

ND already did two coins... one for teleport, one for lives... whats to say in a few years he won't just devalue it all by adding a third for something else?... in a few years one for each terminal... (getting a share of the auction fees would be nice, lol)

Last edited:
Mai 17 2017
MindArk PE AB Paiement
Chargement des détails de la transaction pour MindArk PE AB Paiement
- négatif 50,00USD
Fermer

Payé avec
VISA
Vous verrez "PAYPAL *ENTROPIAUNI" sur votre relevé de carte.

Taux de change
46,65 EUR = 50,00 USD
1 EUR = 1,07 USD

Informations du vendeur
MindArk PE AB
+46 31607353
http://www.entropiauniverse.com
paymentcontact@mindark.com

Numéro de facture
136624xx

Mai 22 2017
MindArk PE AB Paiement
Chargement des détails de la transaction pour MindArk PE AB Paiement
- négatif 50,00USD
Fermer

Payé avec
VISA
Vous verrez "PAYPAL *COMPET GAME" sur votre relevé de carte.

Taux de change
46,30 EUR = 50,00 USD
1 EUR = 1,08 USD

Informations du vendeur
MindArk PE AB
+46 31607353
http://www.entropiauniverse.com
paymentcontact@mindark.com

Numéro de facture
136660xx

MA did the same thing for a period of 1 month but you forgot it

I found information about NEVERDIE.
Very low ratings on all sites:
https://cryptototem.com/ico-neverdie.com/
Although received a lot of money, which is amazing:
Raised: 5,800,000 USD

Sota is a shit game.... biggest scam ever... stay far away from this cryptocoin business it reeks of bad news. I played Sota, maybe put 2k hours into it. Worst use of my time and money.

Sota is a shit game.... biggest scam ever... stay far away from this cryptocoin business it reeks of bad news. I played Sota, maybe put 2k hours into it. Worst use of my time and money.

Thank you!
I'll listen to your words!

Didn't the last mmowc use neverdie coins already?

If the teleporter is built, then I could earn neverdie coins in a non-rce game and spend them on items here?

I guess Mindark would only agree if these items were user-bound, otherwise it would be a big economical mess.

They was given as prizes out side of game, they offically have nothing to do with EU. MA made this perfectly after they decide against the tp system and before they launched deep tokens. He used them agin to get sign up for wallet when he asked players to vote for govenmnet. He has kep a low profile in game since loot 2.0 when half of Rt loot stopped dropping, but still trying to push these coins with a new game see cliant loader for Rt or FB. I know very little about bit coins and have little intrest. I rather play this game.

Back