raise order increments to 1 ped (or more) instead of 0,01 ped

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
As it is now the order system in the auction house seems quite useless to use due to some idiot auction maggots who sit there all day increasing all orders with 0,01 ped. :mad:

As soon as you place an order it is instantly increased with 0,01 pec. This makes the order system useless and is freaking irritating! the order system has absolutely no use anymore this way.
I guess we all know the names of the ones responsible for that, but I'll leave that to another topic.

Could it maybe help to increase to minimal order increments to 1 ped (or maybe more like +1% order value)? That way those maggots will at least be forced to increase their orders with a decent amount instead of those lousy pecs.

Or is it just my who finds this horribly annoying? :scratch2:

It will make no difference. Auction looks at the latest added order so they woud bid the same

It will make no difference. Auction looks at the latest added order so they woud bid the same

Does it? IIRC at the same price it was looking for the biggest amount remaining. (At least it it seemed so the last time I had an opportunity to check a few months ago)

On general topic: it's a low liquidity issue (one undercutter doesn't matter much if there are dozen orders) and as such it won't be solved by restraining liquidity even further.

Last edited:

it will make a difference.

For example take AUD's.

you can place an order for 78 ped. That will be instantly increased with 0,01 ped to 78,01.
You then increase to 79 which is instantly increased to 79,01.
These are just lame increments and work in favour of the auction maggots.
If for example increments are a minimum of 1 ped (or maybe 1%) then at least you will have decent increments to drive the price up instead of those lame 1 pecs.

it will make a difference.

For example take AUD's.

you can place an order for 78 ped. That will be instantly increased with 0,01 ped to 78,01.
You then increase to 79 which is instantly increased to 79,01.
These are just lame increments and work in favour of the auction maggots.
If for example increments are a minimum of 1 ped (or maybe 1%) then at least you will have decent increments to drive the price up instead of those lame 1 pecs.

No it doesn't, because the resellers don't have to increase the bids with 1 pec. If there are 2 auction orders for 78 peds and i sell one AUD for 78 ped buyout. The AUD will go to the auction order that is created most recently.

The reason people add the one pec is because they either don't understand how auction orders work, or because it's easier for the AUD/CLD auction bot to work with pecs.

No it doesn't, because the resellers don't have to increase the bids with 1 pec. If there are 2 auction orders for 78 peds and i sell one AUD for 78 ped buyout. The AUD will go to the auction order that is created most recently.

The reason people add the one pec is because they either don't understand how auction orders work, or because it's easier for the AUD/CLD auction bot to work with pecs.

Ok, that was new to me.
Thats lame, wouldnt it be more logic that the oldest order will get the deal?

To my experience with them, the oldest order will win if MU and quantity is same.

I think system is checking:
MU > Quantity > creation time

So highest MU wins in first place.
At same MU highest quantity wins.
If MU and Quantity is same, the oldest order wins.

----------
And I agree with the problem. Something need to be done as it is easy to check for the auction bidders, if new orders took place and increase them by 0.01.

I thought that other day that it should either don´t contain any decimals for orders. (that would maybe harm a lot for items like residue, oils)
OR
that the order itself doesn´t display the two decimals. So instead of showing 105.07 it shows 105.**
But in that case we will have orders with 105.99, next 106.99 and so on as order MUs.
Sooo maybe do it the third way:
Displaying the order values <110%, <120%, <130%
At this point no one would know the exact MU. (So might be bad for the seller)
---- Edit -----
option 4.
Order is randomly choosen and only one order for the same item per person allowed.
So if someone is selling for 105% MU all orders can be randomly choosen that offer atleast 105%. Doesnt matter if that order is offering 105% or 150%. Both qualify and should be equal.

-------
However I don´t like it, how it is now.

I vote for "No Orders".

I am pretty sure its all about the starting letter on your name .
Lets say Another Greatest Trade . So he even make his accout to start whit A and i dont think this is just like that .

Change was need and still needed but MindArk are too lazy or have too much work . MindArk priority is not to protect they cashflow or clients and thats for sure ....

I hear of guy loosed 5 clds yesterday sold for 1.

Ok, that was new to me.
Thats lame, wouldnt it be more logic that the oldest order will get the deal?

Yes, that would make a lot more sense, but MA and common sense.... :)
Making auction that way would work in combination with your idea to have higher increments to stop auction order bots.

Back