Armor and 2.0

Acro

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Freelancer
Acronoid
Since armor decay is linear, durability has only a small effect and decay gets added to the mob loot than the following must be true.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. L armor is quite useless unless MU is very low or it offers special protection for rare occasions (PvP, event mobs, cetus for big bots, ...)

2. For c/s/i mobs Zombie for low end and Jarhead are the new minimum bar. Especially Jarhead which due to being craftable will only go down in price to craft cost over time; is customization and gives very decent protection. Anything for C/S/I that offers less protection is crap.

3. For more overall protection Viceroy adj/imp/mod would be a good option; Only it not trade-able; and cost might vary on MU of the materials.

So, will in the future, every low mid-level player run around in Jarhead / Viceroy? with a plate combo of 5B/ 6A
And the jump to the next armor class would be around 4k PED?

Also Viceroy look cool and black; and Jarhead can be colored/textured.
These together with 5B/6A plates will be on my to-buy list for when I have more time to play. :wtg:

That was my thought, ive been looking for an UL armor that offers alot, as small/ mediums mobs wont matter to overprotect...

i was considering jarhead with some type of plates for robots

of course possibly till level requirements get added to armors, which i most likely wont have to worry about.

I run around in stolen imperium armor, which is viceroy elite, because of the nice acid protection, and also a true allround armor (14 c/s/i 12 cld, 12 elec, 25! acid and 8 b/p). Too bad you cannot get it anymore, and it is bound.
I sold my "carnival" armor of shadow/sandstormer/augmented vigilante, because with mod 2600 I didn't need the protection anymore. The acid protection of the stolen imperium is soo good that small proterons don't really hurt me, big fresco aren't a problem either or any other mob that has one acid dmg type and the only time I get in trouble is with bigger spiders. I hate those guys, so no real problem there either.
I did put a mah'ketta/vigi/hunter me with bot plates together just in case I want to hunt robots. 8 b/p on the stolen imperium is a bit lowish although small drone/droka/trooper/legionnaire aren't a problem either if I can take them one by one.

I also collected a new set of viceroy in the hope I could adj/imp/mod it, but I haven't looted a single adjusted nanite yet. Looks like another arkadian sausage again (just like the smuggler plates, where you can't really loot the graphite or a full tt L plate)

@Spawn
That sucks; I wish I knew about stolen imperium earlier and the Viceroy update resources suck too.

So Jarhead it will be. Viceroy is not useful unless you can upgrade it to mod.

upgrading your viceroy now is kind of wasted money. with the crit chance and damage nerf only the evade sticks out. but there are far cheaper and better options on the caly armors to get that, or simply just use an athenic ring.

upgrading your viceroy now is kind of wasted money. with the crit chance and damage nerf only the evade sticks out. but there are far cheaper and better options on the caly armors to get that, or simply just use an athenic ring.

Yes, this is absolutely true, +crit is worthless and the price for nanites and bismuth should all hit 2 Ped and 101% respectively real soon.

2. For c/s/i mobs Zombie for low end and Jarhead are the new minimum bar. Especially Jarhead which due to being craftable will only go down in price to craft cost over time; is customization and gives very decent protection. Anything for C/S/I that offers less protection is crap.

So, will in the future, every low mid-level player run around in Jarhead / Viceroy? with a plate combo of 5B/ 6A
And the jump to the next armor class would be around 4k PED?

Also Viceroy look cool and black; and Jarhead can be colored/textured.
These together with 5B/6A plates will be on my to-buy list for when I have more time to play. :wtg:

Problem is that while craftable, the BPs haven't dropped in years and were L when they did drop so you are highly unlikely to see new sets or the price drop.

you need to wait for 2.1 :) and see if ma actually implements level requirements for armors...cause if they do that good old set of goblin might actually have an use :))

What % of armour decay is added to mob loot.... and has this been proven?

afaik the BPs for Jarhead don't drop anymore, so that won't effect future price.

Since armor decay is linear, durability has only a small effect and decay gets added to the mob loot than the following must be true.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. L armor is quite useless unless MU is very low or it offers special protection for rare occasions (PvP, event mobs, cetus for big bots, ...)

use armors!

today they ALL decay around 1 pec for every ~19-22 DMG absorbed.
the higher the Durability of the armor, the CHEAPER their upkeep is.

example:
<999 Durability equals ~20.0 dmg/pec
2000 Durability equals ~20.5 dmg/pec
5000 Durability equals ~21.0 dmg/pec
15.000 Durability roughly equals ~17-22 dmg/pec for (L) armors, totally depending on their Markup

this means that wearing armor is CHEAPER than healing Damage with all First Aid Packages below the Mod 2350 / M2600 / Adj. FAP category (25hp/pec).
especially since most of the armor decay now gets returned by extra shrapnel in loot.

weird, but this also means that wearing Shadow on Foul youngs is actually CHEAPER than wearing Adjusted Pixie on Foul youngs!
a clear bonus for high end armors, unless you also have high end healing options.

in return this means (L) armors need to be cheaper than ~104% to be better than their (UL) variant.

I have a ghoul+5b and I'm really very very happy… :yay:

Yes, this is absolutely true, +crit is worthless and the price for nanites and bismuth should all hit 2 Ped and 101% respectively real soon.

Oh yes, waiting... :laugh:

What % of armour decay is added to mob loot.... and has this been proven?[/QUOTE

Hard to tell for sure, but so far on eomon seems like armor decay,(and other decay) adds to base loot or adds some % to each loot return.

Pattern I am seeing is the more decay, the better overall loot. How proportionate that actually is, I am unsure. I global more, and the globals are generally slightly bigger when I use full armor/plates.

So I guess it would be whatever your return is...if 95% return then 95% of your armor decay came back, with a slight chance it helped modify bigger loots up some % of 1%.

I haven't seen any gaps like I used to when wearing armor, killing mob vs not wearing armor and killing same mob, at least.

As far as (L) vs UL, UL generally better but a few things to consider:
(L) now lasts quite a bit longer than before, The durability is generally 10x better.
retains full coverage at all times,
and can tier faster to higher defense ratings/eco on the upper ones. (further helped by lasting longer)

I havn't used (L) in some time until recently, and have been enjoying a number of (L) sets of late for specialized hunting, without feeling like it was wasted PEDS for a change.

Back