Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Acro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since armor decay is linear, durability has only a small effect and decay gets added to the mob loot than the following must be true.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. L armor is quite useless unless MU is very low or it offers special protection for rare occasions (PvP, event mobs, cetus for big bots, ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    use armors!

today they ALL decay around 1 pec for every ~19-22 DMG absorbed.
    the higher the Durability of the armor, the CHEAPER their upkeep is.

example:
    <999 Durability equals ~20.0 dmg/pec
    2000 Durability equals ~20.5 dmg/pec
    5000 Durability equals ~21.0 dmg/pec
    15.000 Durability roughly equals ~17-22 dmg/pec for (L) armors, totally depending on their Markup

this means that wearing armor is CHEAPER than healing Damage with all First Aid Packages below the Mod 2350 / M2600 / Adj. FAP category (25hp/pec).
    especially since most of the armor decay now gets returned by extra shrapnel in loot.

weird, but this also means that wearing Shadow on Foul youngs is actually CHEAPER than wearing Adjusted Pixie on Foul youngs!
    a clear bonus for high end armors, unless you also have high end healing options.
    in return this means (L) armors need to be cheaper than ~104% to be better than their (UL) variant.
    30% OFF Markup: /wp [Calypso, 34282, 48134, 111, Genesis Star Tower B, Block B, Shop #4]
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_leader_signatur_orion.jpg

Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xavier Jr Riquelme
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a ghoul+5b and I'm really very very happy…

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fred5283 View Post
    Yes, this is absolutely true, +crit is worthless and the price for nanites and bismuth should all hit 2 Ped and 101% respectively real soon.
    Oh yes, waiting...
    Xen Shop Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    [QUOTE=Tekkie;3654690]What % of armour decay is added to mob loot.... and has this been proven?[/QUOTE

Hard to tell for sure, but so far on eomon seems like armor decay,(and other decay) adds to base loot or adds some % to each loot return.

Pattern I am seeing is the more decay, the better overall loot. How proportionate that actually is, I am unsure. I global more, and the globals are generally slightly bigger when I use full armor/plates.

So I guess it would be whatever your return is...if 95% return then 95% of your armor decay came back, with a slight chance it helped modify bigger loots up some % of 1%.

I haven't seen any gaps like I used to when wearing armor, killing mob vs not wearing armor and killing same mob, at least.

As far as (L) vs UL, UL generally better but a few things to consider:
    (L) now lasts quite a bit longer than before, The durability is generally 10x better.
    retains full coverage at all times,
    and can tier faster to higher defense ratings/eco on the upper ones. (further helped by lasting longer)

I havn't used (L) in some time until recently, and have been enjoying a number of (L) sets of late for specialized hunting, without feeling like it was wasted PEDS for a change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2