UK IRL Meet up

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Planning a real life meet up in Leeds.

Provisional plan is for November 2017. Exact days to be confirmed.

Activities will consist of things like this:
*Leeds art gallery
*Lunch
*Royal armories (see link)
*Coffee shop
*Kirkstall Abbey and Abbey museum (see link)

and of course the pub :)

This may a bit different from what people prefer or expect so realistically it would make sense to split into groups.

These are all provisional ideas. Nothing is set in stone so any ideas, suggestions are all welcome.

Also please post if interested. This helps to gauge level of interest.

Links:
Royal Armouries
Kirkstall Abbey
Art galleries
Foleys
The Cuthbert Brodrick
Nation of Shopkeepers
Old Red Bus Station
Outlaws Yacht Club
Crowd of Favours

Last edited:
absolutely.jpg

wow :) My wife and I are going to be in England in November it just so happens! Don't know if it will work exactly but we will be showing up around Nov 5th timeframe, then after that we will be heading to Greece for a bit and then back to UK so i will keep close tabs!

Sounds like could be a giggle. Count me as a probable...

Easy call since I live there. As long as I don't have anything more important on the chosen date, I'll be there.

Note to self: never post film without first watching it!

This film is atrocious, no action whatsoever. It's not even a romance, crap dialogue, rubbish music! absolute trash of a film. Don't watch.

They should have got Chuck Norris, Jackie chan etc to liven it up a little...(just my 2cents :) )

Nice one Bruva! ;)

I Will be in London around the 20th.

wow :) My wife and I are going to be in England in November it just so happens! Don't know if it will work exactly but we will be showing up around Nov 5th timeframe, then after that we will be heading to Greece for a bit and then back to UK so i will keep close tabs!

I Will be in London around the 20th.

Which weekend would be good for both of you (25th-26th November 2017)? :scratch2:

Which is a good pub in Leeds centre?

Which is a good pub in Leeds centre?

I'm not very clued up on city centre pubs as I don't go there very often, and very rarely on a weekend night. A lot of places are small-ish bars that wouldn't really be suitable for a bigger group. I went to a nice place called Mr Foley's on the Headrow recently (good for ale lovers especially), and they have a room that can be hired, so if we want to do that it's an option.

Other than that... The Cuthbert Brodrick is decent if you're not put off by it being a Wetherspoons. Nation of Shopkeepers, Old Red Bus Station, Outlaws Yacht Club, Crowd of Favours are good ones I can think of but I don't know what they're like on a Saturday night. Leeds can get a bit nuts on a Saturday night.

Thanks Oleg, added more links to op

It's true! Leeds is centre of comedy, all residents are totally funny :)

Subscribed for info - I seem to be spending more and more time in Leeds lately :)

Back