Help: Fix the lag

I've not had a single lag since logged in last night.

Is it because I live in the fatherland of PE?

I'm in Chicago and a couple of guys we were hunting with also live in different parts of the U.S. and we experienced horrible lag hunting the Mulmun. Very frustrating when trying to stay alive switching from weapon to FAP to chip to stay alive.

it was bad my house (30 mb internet) .. so i came to an empty office where we have 100 mb.... sucks both places... this is terrible.

It has gone back to terribad with this skillup event.

This could be anything, but one item MA may want to look into is the database server(s) running. I did a test last night to find that there is lag as hell. 20 seconds to load AH not counting the lag I've always had the last few months simply opening up Inventory. I'm guessing people will see the most lag with items that have the most attachments since every time you use such items, the server bogs down slowly retrieving the data for each and every item attached from the database server causing the lag.

What MA needs to do NOW is get the people who work on this off the other database projects and work on the main project now. But for now, call one of them and ask them how to access the server's error logs and I'm guessing you may see large files waiting to be read.

And I sure hope that the base database farm for EU isn't supporting Compets and DeepToken.

Edit As well:

If by chance you have given ND team access to the farm or even delegated it to them while working on your other projects, please look into this due to the simply fact his team most times likes to work on the cheap and most likely is using a second hand service for the needed core.

Edit 2: I can easily see his team using a Cloud service. That could be the red flag right there.

Last edited:
Been the worst weekend in 3½ months we had the lagg :(

Tomorrow please MA??? :rolleyes:

I will depo nicely if you get ride on this lag! Even with 50% returns on condition craft all good I forgive you. Just make the game playable again. Item reload working properly and item switching when I want and not needing to wait 3 seconds or more for that.

PS: Entropia sure is unique game. It even have a lag pool winner! (when you think you have saw everything...)

This could be anything, but one item MA may want to look into is the database server(s) running. I did a test last night to find that there is lag as hell. 20 seconds to load AH not counting the lag I've always had the last few months simply opening up Inventory. I'm guessing people will see the most lag with items that have the most attachments since every time you use such items, the server bogs down slowly retrieving the data for each and every item attached from the database server causing the lag.

What MA needs to do NOW is get the people who work on this off the other database projects and work on the main project now. But for now, call one of them and ask them how to access the server's error logs and I'm guessing you may see large files waiting to be read.

And I sure hope that the base database farm for EU isn't supporting Compets and DeepToken.

Edit As well:

If by chance you have given ND team access to the farm or even delegated it to them while working on your other projects, please look into this due to the simply fact his team most times likes to work on the cheap and most likely is using a second hand service for the needed core.

Edit 2: I can easily see his team using a Cloud service. That could be the red flag right there.

WTF are you rabbitting on about? You can blame ND for a lot of things, but the lag has nothing to do it with him. Maybe go and see a Doctor about your infatuation for the bloke.

WTF are you rabbitting on about? You can blame ND for a lot of things, but the lag has nothing to do it with him. Maybe go and see a Doctor about your infatuation for the bloke.

No, I'm not putting him down. But I see we do have a fanboy :).

You well know that he has taken on MA projects in the past. His studio has NI and of course is now working on the new DeepToken project. So with this, as he is very active with the game, they may have given the Studio other EU takes which as I pointed out, ND's team does like to go for the cheap and -maybe- the cause of our issues.

All I was saying was that I could very much picture him thinking that the Cloud is the best new technology out there which would save MA a lot of money but in turn is very slow and well we do have very bad lag now which seems to be database/server disk access issues.

I still would like to get some feedback from other active players with lag issue on the type of tools being used. What tier are they? What exactly is attached? My bet here, which yes could be very off, is the ones having the worst lag are the ones who may have their tools/weapons loaded to the max which again would cause a lot of lag due to them needing to fetch all data each and every time an item is used.

But yes, I'm sorry ND and fanboy for what I have stated.

The lag is real.... still:scratch2:

Tried hunting on CP, almost unbearable :(

New VU today right?

Lag fix?: No ...
Loot fix?: Doesn't look like it ...

Isn't it wonderful guys? 4 days until the biggest event of the year.

Ahh the lag. Been asking MA to fix the lag since 2005 ... oh well ....

is it too late to ask for the lag to be fixed?

falling through the sky, jumping up and down, without doing anything, rubberbanding like i pay for it....

and this during one of your premier events... epic.

Last night went to hunt a bit on global instaces 6 and the item reload bar behaved like it used to be 2+ months ago. No freeze, not even once. Just hope that all of this lag is fixed and we can at least enjoy our favorite game this holidays.

New VU brings worse lag

Lag is worse for me too.

Weapon reload speed is greatly reduced because every 3-5 seconds it gets stuck. And now the last shot to a mob always takes a while to land, don't know why. And while the game decides to finally kill the mob I keep getting hit and can't switch to fap or do anything really.

But well, 3+ months of this what did I expect.

Lag is much worse for me this past week.... not sure what MA did but its not working here on the US east.

Lag is worse for me too.

Weapon reload speed is greatly reduced because every 3-5 seconds it gets stuck. And now the last shot to a mob always takes a while to land, don't know why. And while the game decides to finally kill the mob I keep getting hit and can't switch to fap or do anything really.

Same problem here. And live in Sweden

Maybe Its time for another poll...? That will help for shure.:eyecrazy:;):monkey:Or, or adding some fucked up addition, a new feature, an island, a moon, maybe some new currency we all need so badly, or maybe call Neverdie for help, those caps lock characters would help maybe:laugh:

Cheers!:beerchug:
Robo

Just rage quit. Going to go play destiny instead. Or do laundry. Both are less stressful than the insane lag. I shouldn't be lagging on every single mob. What a joke.

Lag is worse for me too.

Same problema in south america. I think it's a programmed lag

just tried running a test with winMTR on the ip that's apparently being used for transmission to Entropia servers 94.31.61.21 (above.net) noticing a lot of lost packets at zayo.com and above.net this is probably causing the lag.

Zayo apparently owns abovenet. So yeah thbis lag problem is definitely on their end in the infrastructure.

Might I suggest they move operation to like Azure or AWS?

What I would give for one day in EU with out lag at this point....

I used to get the infamous lag spikes, too, despite being located in Sweden (with mobile connection having its own moods, but not always to blame telling by okay ping times double checked during such lag). Since some time this month I don't experience them anymore (>20k kills of small mobs on Cyrene). Guess there is more than one simple reason for the problems as things seem to be gradually improving, but still not for everybody.

Like we predicted, the lag is back since last VU. I can barely hunt, getting lagged out all the time.

Login also takes 1-2 minutes sometimes.

MA: Fix one thing, break two. Again.

i notice also for few minutes ping goes 4500 cant move and of course mob kill me :)

i notice also for few minutes ping goes 4500 cant move and of course mob kill me :)

This is exactly what happens to me too. For a good 10-20 seconds I don't deal any damage, the creature still moves and hits me normally. I die, then the game crashes and when I try to log in I get "your avatar is already logged in".

The game is not working properly, why do they break the game like this every random number of VUs?

Last edited:
Back