Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Was out hunting near Ithaca.
Disconnected.
Log back in, no server available.
Spawned at Camp Icarus with 90 other people.
Lost a longtooth ready to loot (probably an ATH...)
Laggy as hell, got stuck twice trying to leave my Sleipnir.
Disconnected again.

I'm sure there is someone left at the office to fix this !

A few servers crashed, including Fort Troy, Boreas, etc.

And this the 2nd time at least this happened. And it seems both times, the same servers crashed.

I wonder if those servers are in a single physical machine, all running in a VM or a cluster or something, where they have a single point of failure.

And the same servers crashed - again.

3rd time in the pass few hours that I know of. Not sure how many more times it happened when I was not online, lol.

Yeah, they crashed again. I give up.

Exclusive footage from MindArk's quick response server team:

tumblr_o8ftu1Odxv1r8jzago1_500.gif

Just happened again.

Am not going to log in till later, maybe.

This is getting irritating.

Yea alots of lagg the past weeks and dc :scratch2:

Sorry the computer has trouble to calculate all the money that we try to take you , you are too much this summer, and cause much lag.
.sign MA :D

Last edited:
Seriously what is this.

"Failed to get the list of ignored avatars." (seen this one a few years ago)
"Failed to create a team." (this was something new)
Team autodisbanding without any obvious reason.

Overall, I've seen worse lag though.

Couple of hours ago I timed out while trying to login, and that happened for almost 30 minutes. When I finally got in, the same servers were crashed again.

lol.

That there LooooLLL...Oh you have no idea How many ATHs i have lost to this lag and other fcukups man :D

Well just wrote a support case regarding this matter (knowing that won't take me/any of us anywhere), but still, i did it and i'm happy to share it here :

Hi,

Since the introduction of Loot 2.0 and the Migration servers have been plagued by lag - tons of it.

From being killed by invisible mobs, to shooting a mob dead without being hit then few seconds after i get a swarm of hits that kill me (without any mob nearby), from being unable to use my healing device to heal me... it's countless the number of times it all happened.

Now, i was on a hunt and the server crashed - i am not able to go back, had a mob almost dead and i can't get back to it...

Who's going to take responsability for a problem that affects every player (and their pedcards) in the entire universe ? Is this done on purpose ? What measures are being taken at the moment to sort this issue out ? How can many paying customers have confidence in the service MA provides ? Is this a way to treat many paying customers - and please do remember this game ain't cheap, and yet, we are plagued with terrible quality of service - because it's not.

Pardon my french, but you guys definitely need to put your shit together AND DELIVER.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeace! :cool:

Was out hunting near Ithaca.
Disconnected.
Log back in, no server available.
Spawned at Camp Icarus with 90 other people.
Laggy as hell, got stuck twice trying to leave my Sleipnir.
Disconnected again.

I'm sure there is someone left at the office to fix this !

My guess here is we are starting to see issues with MA not rebooting system for the last few weeks now. I think we are on the 3rd week without a patch/maintenance run?

i keep getting 'you have been disconnected from servers' message...

is that what everyone else is experiencing? i usually have no problems, any time of day.. and the last several days have been very choppy

Hello,

Game seems a little bit better now, maybe a server reboot was the only thing needed. I was quick to complain and have to be as quick to acknowledge an improvement.

Still, if I was in charge I would seriously look into why the servers get comatose without the weekly maintenance/patch hiatus. I don't think it's a normal behavior...

Just my opinion.

EDIT: Hmmm...there's still some lag going on... I really want to hunt :(

Last edited:
Hello,

Game seems a little bit better now, maybe a server reboot was the only thing needed. I was quick to complain and have to be as quick to acknowledge an improvement.

Still, if I was in charge I would seriously look into why the servers get comatose without the weekly maintenance/patch hiatus. I don't think it's a normal behavior...

Just my opinion.

EDIT: Hmmm...there's still some lag going on... I really want to hunt :(

Really wouldn't surprise me if the issue was related to the memory leak the actual game has... which has existed since CE2 was implemented (in its current form at least).

But, if this is they case and they won't (or can't) fix it, and they have found the weekly reboots mitigates the issue... why not just automatically restart the servers every Tuesday morning....

The lag is back, again. Third day in a row I've been unable to play, loot lag, gun gets stuck, I get disconnected, and more... and worse... and your servers suck.

Either that or your server code has more memory leaks than a goldfish with alzheimer's.

It's not my end, connection is fine, bandwidth is fine, jitter is fine and so is latency.

Fix. it. please. fuck.

The lag is back, again. Third day in a row I've been unable to play, loot lag, gun gets stuck, I get disconnected, and more... and worse... and your servers suck.

Either that or your server code has more memory leaks than a goldfish with alzheimer's.

It's not my end, connection is fine, bandwidth is fine, jitter is fine and so is latency.

Fix. it. please. fuck.

Definitely not on your end. I have been experiencing all of the same the past few days. I have been lagging consistently despite switching between my different internet connections and workstations. Support case submitted. :mad:

Game runs like shit.

I will bump this thread until you fix it. Please...

Yeah, the lag is so bad for me that I have no desire to hunt. I hate standing there every 20 seconds and the mobs can hit me but I can't hit them...my favorite though is when you take no damage and then it all catches up at once and you die.

Yeah, the lag is so bad for me that I have no desire to hunt. I hate standing there every 20 seconds and the mobs can hit me but I can't hit them...my favorite though is when you take no damage and then it all catches up at once and you die.

Have also submitted a support ticket asking for a response to be posted to PCF to acknowledge they are aware and working on this problem.

Received the standard cookie cutter response : Thank you for your .... blah blah blah ... we strive to .. blah blah blah .. you are the best Bones .. blah blah blah .. Thank you.

Networking Primer

So, multiplayer games are run on 2 different types of network connections:

1: TCP - much slower but guaranteed to make it
2: UDP - fast but relatively unreliable

Your gun shots, position updates and other unimportant (in the grand scale of things) stuff are all UDP. the important things like mob death events, looting events, HOF list data and keyframe updates are all TCP.

What's happening is that the TCP is lagging and the UDP is fine and since the UDP has a timestamp on it and cannot be shown before the TCP with a lower timestamp is shown then you get this "oh hell, I can't do anything" period of time until the TCP finally shows up and there's this flurry of shots shown as all the cached UDP data is displayed.

So, MA devs, if you're listening, I'd look for issues in your INCOMING SYN-ACK first if the TCP and UDP are coming from the same box OR if UDP is coming from a different source (I've not checked) then check your TCP boxes first.

Last edited:
Bumping this for some of the worst lag I've seen in a decade.

Simply cant play. even crafting is painful, 3-4 seconds for each page to load or to search an item.

Please, if this is due to logging all the returns... let us know when to expect to play.

i have friends that refuse to play due lag, better take Tuesday a long maintenance and fix it

Have also submitted a support ticket asking for a response to be posted to PCF to acknowledge they are aware and working on this problem.

They never seem to acknowledge problems anymore. Nothing written on loader screen.. no responses in the forums. Its sad... going back a few years and reading some of the old posts you could def see the employees of mindark interacting with the players in the forum. Today its almost non existant :(

This lag has been days now not the normal lag we get randomly that most of us can deal with. Being a hunter this has crippled my gameplay....

I guess the only thing I can say on a positive note is I havent depoed since I cannot play as long so this saves me money(and hurts them more I guess)

Guess I can get caught up on more tv shows....

For anyone reading please post in here when this issue gets fixed Thank You

Tried to play yesterday and the game still runs like shit.

I'm at the office now so screw it I'll spend my money and time elsewhere for a while.

To reach a stable average return it's really the amount of loot instances or creatures killed that matters.

Thanks to this insight, it makes it not only completely pointless to play under these conditions, but nearly fraudulent, when it takes 3 times as long to kill the same creature under normal conditions.

Mindark surely is aware that the player base is having sub optimal returns on account of the lag and their new loot rules? so why do they not address it? The longer time goes by without a response, the easier to assume it is intentional.

Game played fine for me last night. Coincidence or was it fixed?

Back