Help: Fix the lag

I didnt experience as much lag last night, but it is still happening.

At what point is MA going to address this issue? I'm finding myself slowly starting to play less and less because of the frustration that comes with trying to go on a simple hunt.

Getting DC'd, mobs being able to continue to attack you while you watch your armor decay and mobs HP regen and you stand there with your gun in a non shooting loop or the lack of ability to pull out your FAP.

I'm blown away that this issue has been going on for so long at this degree... As a network hardware guy I wish I could allow my customers connections to be this piss poor. Would make my job 100x easier.

MA has been doing a great job communicating over the course of the past few months, however in regards to the lag they are dropping a huge ball.

At what point is MA going to address this issue? I'm finding myself slowly starting to play less and less because of the frustration that comes with trying to go on a simple hunt.

Getting DC'd, mobs being able to continue to attack you while you watch your armor decay and mobs HP regen and you stand there with your gun in a non shooting loop or the lack of ability to pull out your FAP.

I'm blown away that this issue has been going on for so long at this degree... As a network hardware guy I wish I could allow my customers connections to be this piss poor. Would make my job 100x easier.

MA has been doing a great job communicating over the course of the past few months, however in regards to the lag they are dropping a huge ball.
I wrote to support and let them know I wont being playing til lag is fixed . More should do the same I bet they fix it quick .

Welcome to 2005.

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

I wrote to support and let them know I wont being playing til lag is fixed . More should do the same I bet they fix it quick .

It's just a really big bummer that MA can't address the problem and we are being forced to submit trouble tickets to get the same cookie cutter answer when people have real support tickets that need to be answered.

By no means am I saying that the lag is not a "real support ticket"...it's just an issue that damn near everyone is suffering from...just taking a simple look at forums and it's plastered all over...hell maybe if they played for a few moments and hunted something other than kerbs they could see it too!

It will be a month soon of this stupid lag, wonder why we don't have more players? Can you lazy mongols at least acknowledge it? I see Ludvig browsing the forums very often...

Change server company, do it now. We always go back to the lag sooner or later.

I'm a patient person, but 1 month of this is unacceptable. I'm happy I withdrew most of my PED already and I will go on with the rest if this doesn't get fixed soon.

This is really the worst about it. It shows an asymmetry in where damages are calculated, only the player's damage dealt requires server response at every turn. However, given what was said about the new loot system, it should actually account and compensate for that. Yes?

Here is a bump for unplayable lag.

I honestly have no idea what our options as consumers are anymore when support will not respond by ticket and barely by post.

Its one thing when loot is based on damage done, its another when loot is now based on how many loot instances we can get for maximum return (can see the quote, a few posts back)....which lag directly interferes with.

They knowingly are running servers where some players are sub optimal loot and the others..without lag issues are at optimal loot return. I cant see it as a just another we will let it pass moment, when the loot mechanics were seemingly changed in 2.0 to become directly affected with these issues.

Is there a reason we shouldn't be submitting a consumer complaint over this to perhaps get some kind of action from MA?

Just at a loss really, and quite bummed to realize this will not be fixed any time soon by the looks of it. An event that most players cant even participate in seems to be more important to them.

Didn't they change infrastructure and then it got worse? (which is not why you change infrastructure)

I’m with Forgo
Loot was oddly OK for me today
Fix the damn lag

logged in to try gaming today after a few days of being offline

still lags too much for me to be able to do what i want... no other games lag for me online.

fix coming soon?

On second thought, keep the lag, I forgot how much money I could save and use for other stuff by not logging into PE :laugh:

YES! Keep the LAG PLEASE !
I need a break anyway.... too many $ wasted in the past time since SHIT 2.0 !

Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag Lag lag lag lag

guys, just stop playing and rest.

you are just feeding this game with $ under these lags.

Perhaps we should clarify, as it seems you think this is something to do with an internet connection.

The server is having issues. Various people from all over the world are experiencing the same kind of delays and server non responses.

More often than not these occur as the mob should be looted, in fact while the mob is still up and you cannot interact with anything anymore, the mob has been actually dead as of a couple seconds ago, and it seems the loot server is spending time generating a result, before releasing the mob to be cleared.

Here is a perfect example of the server catching up: (next mob half dead before the global/loot registered, and the shots were stacked from the delay)

The time spent on the shots on the mob that still is visible (but actually dead) go to waste.

This occurs every other mob, within a minute of each time the server stops responding to player controls/commands (mob can still hit us fine ofc)

Many of us have been on the internet for some time now, and realize the difference between a shitty server and the internet working. In this case, we have a shitty server. Please fix it.

Perhaps we should clarify, as it seems you think this is something to do with an internet connection.

The server is having issues. Various people from all over the world are experiencing the same kind of delays and server non responses.

More often than not these occur as the mob should be looted, in fact while the mob is still up and you cannot interact with anything anymore, the mob has been actually dead as of a couple seconds ago, and it seems the loot server is spending time generating a result, before releasing the mob to be cleared.

Here is a perfect example of the server catching up: (next mob half dead before the global/loot registered, and the shots were stacked from the delay)

The time spent on the shots on the mob that still is visible (but actually dead) go to waste.

This occurs every other mob, within a minute of each time the server stops responding to player controls/commands (mob can still hit us fine ofc)

Many of us have been on the internet for some time now, and realize the difference between a shitty server and the internet working. In this case, we have a shitty server. Please fix it.

Not really, try to hunt in team, you will see that the loot pop out on chat right after you kill mob but in not pop instantly on top left corner of the screen, that is very strange. At least I got like that

Is there room for my small ass at the back of the band wagon?
If so, yes, indeed not enjoyable.

HOF list lag (takes quite some time before it shows up after you press the F key)
Auction lag
Loot lag
Shoot lag
Kill lag
Mob hurting you after its dead lag
Chat lag
Driving vehicle lag (I had the weirdest things happening in mid air with the sleip)
Getting sent back to a wall and stuck in a wall when approaching an auctioneer lag

I hope all this doesnt mean Caly servers have been moved to co-location servers.
Can anyone trace the servers and see where the bottleneck are?

caly servers are 100% unplayable. constant disconnects, if it works for a few minutes it takes a minute or more to extract a 1 pull claim. no infos load, system messages of failed server communication, errors en mass. if i were MA id put the game off air for 2 or 3 days and completely migrate to another server provider.

Years ago the CCP, creators and administrators of the space MMORPG EVE Online, deployed a huge effort to investigate the exact source of lag in the game whenever huge space fights involving hundreds of ships took place.

I was really amazed when I saw a youtube video explaining the lengths to which they had gone to in order to see exactly what their servers were busy doing.

https://www.engadget.com/2010/08/22/eve-evolved-the-war-on-lag/
https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/telemetry-on-tranquility/
http://www.radgametools.com/telemetry.htm

While EVE Online often deals in huge fleet engagements and so inherently will always be challenged (read plagued) with lag issues, the dynamics in Entropia are different and there really is no reason why we are having to contend with so much lag. I mean there's really no reason for it.

Has MA over-complicated the loot mechanics in loot 2.0 to the degree that current servers can't deal with the added operations?

The other one that really gets me, as a shop owner, is the 'falling through the floor' bug. It's been going on for years. Recently there's been a slight change in this, it seems that I'm experiencing less actual 'falling' as the room around me re-draws, but not everything actually gets re-drawn so I'm not sure this is better.

MA, make EU great again, please! :bowdown:

Legends

Last edited:
Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
The pure incompetence in just the customer support aspect of this is mind boggling. No updates, no "we are aware of the issue" posts, no response besides closing tickets from support.

Typically for an issue like this you would see (from a real dev team) a message stating they are aware and working on the issue. The lack of this message indicates to me that they have no f'n clue what they are doing or even how to begin.

Due to players running away en-mass, returns are dwindling.
MA no longer has cash to maintain their stuff.
Forced to buy a pre-paid cheap-ass internet connection since there's just 10 players online at any given time anyways.

Better get used to it as this will be the new standard.

You all wanted 100%+ returns.

So either pay more, or accept the lag! :wise:

The other one that really gets me, as a shop owner, is the 'falling through the floor' bug. It's been going on for years. Recently there's been a slight change in this, it seems that I'm experiencing less actual 'falling' as the room around me re-draws, but not everything actually gets re-drawn so I'm not sure this is better.

MA, make EU great again, please! :bowdown:

Legends

This shop bug actually started after the patch on November 22nd last year , I reported it within 30 mins to one of the Ark devs.
It was fixed in a patch about 3 weeks ago , this "fix" actually lasted 2 days as the patch messed up mob hit boxes, so MA seemingly rolled back the code and shops are back as they were, in fact I would say they are actually worse.

It has nothing to do with Loot 2.0
It's the same old lag as years ago.

Are memory leaks also back?
I haven't looked at this one, as i'm not going to login atm :rolleyes:
If not, then I guess it's just a matter of time.

We have to wait till next tuesday before they going to attempt again. lol
For now they are to busy to throw another event, Halloween is closing in.
Let's see how that goes with the lag :rolleyes:

Don't know about the memory leaks - now I have 32GB, I wouldn't notice. I think this is a lot of the point aswell - EU has been around for so long, people have grown with the game from using potato computers & net connections, to computers which easily outpower the game. This papers over a lot of the poor optimisation cracks.

I'm not saying this lag has been around forever; but when the game (and we) were younger, the lag wasn't always attributed straight to MA. Now, it's hard to blame anyone else when everyone is sat at 200FPS & 10ms.

Due to players running away en-mass, returns are dwindling.
MA no longer has cash to maintain their stuff.
Forced to buy a pre-paid cheap-ass internet connection since there's just 10 players online at any given time anyways.

Better get used to it as this will be the new standard.

You all wanted 100%+ returns.

So either pay more, or accept the lag! :wise:

This one genuinely feels like something is up at MA. I want to believe that it's something as simple as their "network guy" quit for another company, but on the other hand I'm glad I withdrew 95% of my equity in EU and have received the withdrawal.

This one genuinely feels like something is up at MA. I want to believe that it's something as simple as their "network guy" quit for another company, but on the other hand I'm glad I withdrew 95% of my equity in EU and have received the withdrawal.

I must admit I also had this feeling 10 years ago but had been proved wrong at that time, but now the indicators aren't very bright.

Simply look at the CLD returns.
They're nearly a quarter of what they where at introduction.
That means the returns for MA also have been reduced greatly.

Although it would grieve me greatly if the game would go bust, but I wouldn't be surprised.

MA seriously needs to find ways to get money into the game from outside to keep it alive.
Players alone wont keep the game up anymore.

Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to add really.. just an expression of frustration...

we are all suffering lag...HUGE LAG on all planets and in space.
Shops are next to unusable due to the constant re-drawing (TIP: marginally better if you get off the floor and stand on table or shelf)
When shops do draw in they may or may not be accurate. Items sold may still show (though cannot be targeted) and items present don't show every time, so cannot be sold.
Since shop owners have no way to prove loss of sales you can bet there will be no compensation for loss of income.
Hunters cannot prove they would have had better returns, Miners cannot prove they lost probes when roll back cause them to over-drop same area.
So MindArk sits and drinks coffee, tinkering with new content while the game is falling apart. Are we fools to soldier on in the absence of information from MA.

I wish the players were more a more cooperative group cos if we boycotted for even 1 day I bet MA would suddenly find time and ped to fix this crap.

In real life you do not keep adding weight to a structure that has defects, you fix it and pretty it up later.

Back