Help: Fix the lag

This is frankly nothing to do with our individual connections. Hunting anything that requires healing is a nightmare. Mobs don't die properly. They hit you after you've looted them. Trying to craft is a pain in the ass because the search feature takes forever or just fails to respond. Auction sorting and paging takes ages. My previous observation that mining isn't affected was absolutely, 100% false. It's just not life or death to have to wait far longer for it to realize you dropped a probe.

Everyone I've spoken to suffers the same thing. We're not all in the same place, or using the same connections. It is very possible if a few don't have the issue, that the lag affects those in certain regions or with some ISPs.

Regardless, this lag is rapidly approaching cryengine conversion levels. I thought they were running events to monitor it???? :rolleyes:

Wow ... just wow I cant believe its been gong on so long like this.... Im used to depositing 1k-2k peds weekly and in the past 3 weeks ive deposited a total of 300 peds. for weeks the lag was making it unplayable.... Then all of a sudden just in time for the Diablos I had absolutely no issues teh game worked perfectly..... Then the Diablos are gone and the game is back to its horrid lag tricks... making it unplayable again.

What did Mindark do rent server space somewhere and give us a false sense that it was fixed?

Such a shame after all the time grinding and money spent I still have not received any official word from them ... at least apologizing or acknowleding the disturbances...

Such a shame......... Back to playing games in VR and getting caught up on some Netflix...

Lag not fixed here. Ive started to record it.

A suspicion / question that does pop up.... Where is everyone playing from?

I am suspicious that Swedish players, and those in the region have far fewer issues with their game play or use of invested gear. Likely not intentional, but at this point it would not surprise me from MA, they are either incredibly incompetent, or incredibly guilty of throttling a large portion of the player base in favor of a few.

As well, does anyone have resolvable IP addresses for MA? I cant seem to ping any of the old IPs or do trace routes to determine if this is a pipeline on the way to MA anymore.

www.mindark.com will not resolve anymore, just times out.

Would love to rule out the path but even that seems to be not configured correctly on their end.

Ive seen this kind of stuff before....it reminds me of mis-configured routers or bad boards/ports on those routers causing the udp/tcp packets to have issues. I was the admin for Avaya test campus, and we replaced boards that did this on a daily basis, was a 55% return rate. I can only imagine the loads of Avaya router customers out there who cant afford to just go out and replace boards on the fly like we could.

I only hope they didn't give up their server control to some other company who can put off a solution forever, which is why I suspect they went to a server farm lately, and why we aren't hearing from MA on it.

Lag not fixed here. Ive started to record it.

A suspicion / question that does pop up.... Where is everyone playing from?

I am suspicious that Swedish players, and those in the region have far fewer issues with their game play or use of invested gear. Likely not intentional, but at this point it would not surprise me from MA, they are either incredibly incompetent, or incredibly guilty of throttling a large portion of the player base in favor of a few.

As well, does anyone have resolvable IP addresses for MA? I cant seem to ping any of the old IPs or do trace routes to determine if this is a pipeline on the way to MA anymore.

www.mindark.com will not resolve anymore, just times out.

Would love to rule out the path but even that seems to be not configured correctly on their end.

Ive seen this kind of stuff before....it reminds me of mis-configured routers or bad boards/ports on those routers causing the udp/tcp packets to have issues. I was the admin for Avaya test campus, and we replaced boards that did this on a daily basis, was a 55% return rate. I can only imagine the loads of Avaya router customers out there who cant afford to just go out and replace boards on the fly like we could.

I only hope they didn't give up their server control to some other company who can put off a solution forever, which is why I suspect they went to a server farm lately, and why we aren't hearing from MA on it.

I'm in the US and having constant issues here as well as other US players in my society. Primary connection is 300/300 on static IPs and show around 60ms average in game. When the lag happens the latency doesn't change. I will investigate further with some packet inspection to try and find their new addresses.

Mindark moving to a hosted solution would be a huge mistake instead of running their own servers. Let's hope this isn't the case.

On a side note, if I am of Swedish descent, can I apply for better than 70% TT returns? Maybe my family members there can vouch for me :laugh:

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, their servers were moved in Frankfurt (actually Amsterdam, LE) from Sweden years ago (2009?). Either way, to US this difference should be irrelevant. I've heard that in London there is no lag, while me relatively close to Frankfurt (also close to Amsterdam lol), sometimes I just want to throw my laptop on the window.

As for lag, or whatever this is, I can never recall any online game which can vary so wildly. 20ms to 1500-2000ms is alot. I've tried with my default wi-fi, with setting portable hotspots from both O2 and Vodafone. I just can't bloody understand how three different providers can have same thing. I downloaded Skyrim which is 5gb in +-40 mins the other day through steam, you'd think that is quite comfortable for a game which needs what, 200mb for a whole day or something. Okay I understand download and playing a MMO function slightly different but still. And indeed as tekmaster pointed out, latency spikes and this...this...whatever the f* is, don't always come together. I've had smooth play with some 400ms latency, not even realizing it's there.

I would be curious if the company which rents server space to MA has some "intelligent ( :handjob: ) resource allocation" alghorytm.

Here

Annual report for 2015, page 4.

Last edited:
The pure incompetence in just the customer support aspect of this is mind boggling. No updates, no "we are aware of the issue" posts, no response besides closing tickets from support.

Typically for an issue like this you would see (from a real dev team) a message stating they are aware and working on the issue. The lack of this message indicates to me that they have no f'n clue what they are doing or even how to begin.

Yea, the lack of acknowledgement and commenting is astounding. I haven't been playing because of work and such but looks like I would be raging.

Hunting Rank: 939 of 4 066.

Almost a month since the last time I tried to play and couldn't because of the lag and said fuck it.

Kreltin Alpha 82 PED Tue, 26 Sep 2017 05:56:40

Keep it up MA, you're saving me lots of money that I was happily blowing before :thumbup:

Guys, for your info, as per today... I am still having lag while shooting. Hope everything will be back to normal soon.

If I recall correctly, their servers were moved in Frankfurt (actually Amsterdam, LE) from Sweden years ago (2009?). Either way, to US this difference should be irrelevant. I've heard that in London there is no lag, while me relatively close to Frankfurt (also close to Amsterdam lol), sometimes I just want to throw my laptop on the window.

As for lag, or whatever this is, I can never recall any online game which can vary so wildly. 20ms to 1500-2000ms is alot. I've tried with my default wi-fi, with setting portable hotspots from both O2 and Vodafone. I just can't bloody understand how three different providers can have same thing. ...
Playing over local WiFi is a recipe for trouble. Not with all games but it is for some, including EU.
There's been official announcements saying exactly that more than once (right here on this forum, search is your friend). They never went into too much technical detail but I suppose it has to do with network code, packet sizes and "repeckaging" that sometimes occurs when inoming packets enter the local wireless network. Sometimes, it depends on many factors and doesn't always happen.
Also, it seems using mobile internet works fine, it's the local WiFi that can cause problems.

Guys, for your info, as per today... I am still having lag while shooting. Hope everything will be back to normal soon.

yesterday when I logged in I lagged like hell. Auction took seconds to load, could not switch weapons etc.
but when I relogged in pall problems seemed to have been solved. :rolleyes:

I'm in the US and having constant issues here as well as other US players in my society. Primary connection is 300/300 on static IPs and show around 60ms average in game. When the lag happens the latency doesn't change. I will investigate further with some packet inspection to try and find their new addresses.

Same here, in the US, which is why I was wanting to ping these servers, as in the past I've seen bottlenecks in the Netherlands (ma is something like 17 hops from here ), and could at least know where on the route it may have been compromised, with a general idea of which telecom in responsible. Though these issues are more like packet issues on a router there I think, I just wanted to rule out pipeline.

On a side note, if I am of Swedish descent, can I apply for better than 70% TT returns? Maybe my family members there can vouch for me :laugh:

I am not of Swedish decent, my step-father was. :) I did take the Swedish exchange student to prom, but that is as close as I got to getting into the Swedish DNA pool.

But if having a part of a Swedish name in the avatar does it, maybe you should ask to rename to Carl XVI Gustaf :D Bam! instant win!

I did find a thread for IP's but none of them are pingable (then again its downtime atm). 1 packet sent none received 100% loss.
I did hear today that after fix people were having no issues so hoping that is the case. and will try those IP's from that thread later.

Last edited:
Still getting lag, failed death animations, firing and looting delay and to cap it all I was attacked by an invisible and unattackable something and no "you were killed by" notification in system chat so I've no idea what was going on there. :dunno:

maybe they missed the title of the thread and a keyword will trigger them / someone to read it, so:

Mindark, FIX THE FUCKING LAG!

or at least say something about this...
as said before:
Yea, the lack of acknowledgement and commenting is astounding. ...

Reactions: Mac
The game is unplayable and I am completely and irrevocably sick of this. Will make a withdrawal when I sell some shit just to punish you, even if by a tiny amount.

You don't give a fuck about your customers.

Good riddance.

its a bit better but still some issues. Finally got some IPs to ping from another thread.

Seems for me anyhow, there is a bottle neck between the my location and Europe, whether this causes the issue I am not sure.
tracert 46.28.209.13

5 14 ms 19 ms 22 ms ae-21-ar01.denver.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.179.57]
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 160 ms 158 ms 150 ms ae-2-8.bar1.Barcelona1.Level3.net [4.69.141.57]

8 153 ms 152 ms 151 ms ae-2-8.bar1.Barcelona1.Level3.net [4.69.141.57]
9 150 ms 152 ms 152 ms 213.242.114.14
10 152 ms 155 ms 153 ms 46.28.209.250
11 150 ms 154 ms 154 ms en.softonic.com [46.28.209.13]

tracert 94.31.61.11

5 16 ms 12 ms 12 ms ae-21-ar01.denver.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.179.57]
6 15 ms 14 ms 14 ms be-33652-cr02.1601milehigh.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.92.121]
7 16 ms 14 ms 14 ms be-11721-cr02.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.86.77]
8 13 ms 14 ms 14 ms be-11795-pe02.910fifteenth.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.6]
9 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms 50.248.116.214
10 142 ms 133 ms 129 ms ae26.cs1.den5.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.31.240]

11 124 ms 126 ms 124 ms ae5.cs1.ord2.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.29.18]
12 131 ms 126 ms 129 ms ae3.cs1.lga5.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.29.208]
13 123 ms 134 ms 124 ms ae5.cs1.lhr11.uk.eth.zayo.com [64.125.29.127]
14 134 ms 124 ms 139 ms ae6.cs1.ams10.nl.eth.zayo.com [64.125.29.76]
15 125 ms 128 ms 121 ms ae27.cr1.ams10.nl.zip.zayo.com [64.125.27.1]
16 125 ms 125 ms 124 ms ae2.mpr1.ams13.nl.zip.zayo.com [64.125.20.50]
17 203 ms 124 ms 124 ms 94.31.61.11.available.above.net [94.31.61.11]

Still getting lag, failed death animations, firing and looting delay and to cap it all I was attacked by an invisible and unattackable something and no "you were killed by" notification in system chat so I've no idea what was going on there. :dunno:

Invisible unidentified killing force has been around for a year or so, it seems to work mostly on slopes, so it might be somehow related to lag and fall damage. (like, the server can't figure out if you're falling or what)

Vicinity of Fort Argus on Caly is where it happens quite often.

The game's actually been working completely fine for me, and was working acceptably for the last two or three weeks.

I think what we're seeing might be a routing issue caused by MA having done some infrastructure changes, which affects some players more than others because whether or not there are problems, and the severity of those problems, is primarily in the hands of the nodes in between MA and the player.

I might be wrong, and there might be some other problems at hand, but just to be clear, they have acknowledged server/lag issues three times so far, so I think it's a bit disingenuous to say they haven't made any comments on it.

They've also been doing a lot of extra maintenance windows and saying that they're trying to look into the issues and fix them.

Personally, I was having some lag about a month ago, and it became less severe, and now is pretty much completely gone, but I can understand the frustration from some other players who have it much worse than me.

I'm sure MA is still looking into this, as they're likely very aware of the player activity they are losing.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to do a poll thread to see how many players are still having issues?

I just did a quick test @ lunch - lagging still occurring, fort Pandora area while hunting

After yesterdays restart and when less ppl online...it was fast as hell...auction browsing,inventory etc...not many chat messages etc...

later it was still playable but not as good as it was from start..and chat went slower

( curious if there is a seperate chat-server???)

Now it is back to being really bad, just as before.

How about a fix before the event... or are we expected to try and participate in another event through the lag...

And it doesn't seem to be affected everyone everywhere.... which is even more frustrating....

Not sure what changed, but for me these last few days have been the best I've had in terms of performance in weeks.

It's been a month, I figured I would give it a try last night after this round of "fixes", but same shit different day, intermittent lagging performance trying to switch tools makes it not worth even trying to play.

I didn't work hard to gather mats and spend my time and money to do the mission for a mod resto chip just so I would have to reduce mob level and up armor in order to stand there and survive long enough for my chip to decide to load up in order to use it to heal while I am getting beat on by the mobs.

Fuck that shit.

Lag at zombie dog spawn is really bad...

The beatings will continue until morale improves! :wise:

even with the new updates the lag is still there... animations are way off can fire like 3 extra shots on mob before it registers as dead(no extra cost on this as it correctly counted it) but even if it correctly counted it who the heck wants to play it that way. Seems the new "improvements" are just a clever way to disguise the lag issues. such a sad sad thing after all the time devoted into this

Def not my isp running multiple speed tests and even on the phone with isp tech support... its def coming form mindarks end
Get some new server blades mindark and stop being so cheap!

so does the lag explain the -57% weekly globals?

MINUS 57%!!!!!

*edit*
BTW I dont experience lag atm. Been quite good for me for several days now.
But my loot does seem to also get that -57%!!

Please give me back my lag so I cant play!!

I played last night - I really had no lag at all for a first time in a long time.
Oddly my tt return was good as well.
Hope it stays like this.

Back