The disappearing dead mob conundrum

sirchadwick

Provider
Society
Benevolence
Sylva Kyra Minor
The other day i was goofing around killing mermoths northeast of Port Atlantis. I had 3 dead mobs and wasnt paying close attention and got swarmed and died. I revived at the lake near the rippersnapper instance, hopped in my sleip and shot over just to watch the unlooted mobs disappear 1 by 1. Yet sometimes i can be out hunting and see another players unlooted mob lay there forever. Does it have to do with the density of the spawn or is it just random.

I suspect it may be to do with the fact how long you are absent from dead mobs radar range

I suspect it may be to do with the fact how long you are absent from dead mobs radar range

Well that makes sense since i am usually near an outpost when i see it. I just hate the fact that whether or not any of them was a decent loot i just threw it away. I guess the system will give back somehow (wishful thinking)...

Never seen corpses staying longer than 3 min no matter of condition.

It's known that mobs stop regenerating hp when no one is on radar, but dead mobs don't wait for you longer than usual.

I think mobs with no loot in them disappear faster than those with loot, but there is now way to actually test it ;D

Back