The weirdest thing.

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
I was emptying my knife, after a wonderful society Hunt.
I was doing some Huons, when a society mate, Osga, said "gratz" in society chat. I still had two or three swings legt to kill the huon. So I did and I got a global. Then I asked in society chat who the gratz was for. Osga responded it was
for me for my 145 ped Huon. I was flabbergasted. He got the global on his screen before I killed off the mob.

I will put a screenshot up later.

It was from the mob you killed just before the present one.

It was the lag

Oh great Osga , please tell me which to kill.

Maybe some lineage with Lootius.

can this osga guy come and say gratz to every mob i kill :D

oh osga where art thou :D

:wtg:

I actually work with the HoF lady, Lootius is/was just a bad politician. She is the real deal. :yup:

:cool:

2017-08-06_--_huon_young_145_ped.jpg

screenshot as promised.

Gratz on the hof you got tomorrow.

It was 2623 ped

Rick

Advanced gratz on the 1064 peds within this week!

;)

So, do I get one in return?

How about we all exchange advanced gratz and see who gets it?

lol

In the same period osga said me: f*** you ! and I lost 145ped on my pedcard :eyecrazy::dunce:

In the same period osga said me: f*** you ! and I lost 145ped on my pedcard :eyecrazy::dunce:

HAHAHAHA :lolup:

From the HoF Lady's "Book of Miracles and other SoOtOs, 2nd edition", "Weird is the way of thy loot, for it is unknown and yet such a familiar face. Thou shalt sacrifice 300k Puny and refine 50k Haimoros in my honour, you will be blessed and there will be much rejoicing (single-yay). Or just simply ask Osga, he'll know where to find me. PS: Giev osga cold beer, for he is a very thirsty person and you don't want to make him mad!"

HAHAHAHA :lolup:

From the HoF Lady's "Book of Miracles and other SoOtOs, 2nd edition", "Weird is the way of thy loot, for it is unknown and yet such a familiar face. Thou shalt sacrifice 300k Puny and refine 50k Haimoros in my honour, you will be blessed and there will be much rejoicing (single-yay). Or just simply ask Osga, he'll know where to find me. PS: Giev osga cold beer, for he is a very thirsty person and you don't want to make him mad!"

You meant me???
:p

I have known I'll have a global the next moment. There's been less than ten occasions, considering the ungodly amount of mobs killed and looted over the years it's very rare. Few of em were wrong, most of em were indeed immediately followed by a global just as the premonition had predicted it will.

I never found any real explanation but I've seen other things I have no hope of explaining scientifically so I've just learned to take agnostic stance and let it be.

Actually there is one foggy attempt at a theory. It's all about complex patterns in [pseudo]randomness that our unconscious mind, after being exposed to those patterns for thousands of hours, might eventually learn to interpret. As in, witnessing certain set of events immediately followed by another event repeatedly and then eventually creating a permanent association. Wish I could know what that pattern is (if that's how it works, that is). Althou, it's not like this knowledge would actually change anything anyway.

Now, if something like that works for another person, that means my theory can't possibly be true...

Well, either way, the human brain is a freakin' mysterious machine. One should prolly expect something extraordinary from the most complex structure in the whole freakin' known Universe... (and I don't mean Entropia Universe :silly2:).

Last edited:
I'd rather have loot lag than mob lag any day.

I have known I'll have a global the next moment. There's been less than ten occasions, considering the ungodly amount of mobs killed and looted over the years it's very rare. Few of em were wrong, most of em were indeed immediately followed by a global just as the premonition had predicted it will.

One of the interesting things is whether few of those moments were wrong, or the real number is played down by your memory (just to get the critical bit out of the way 'in before...' style ;) )
Anyway, I too have looked at this phenomenon and 'know' that we do sometimes get a limited view of the almost immediate future, not just of a morphic resonance nature with other people or animals involved, but events that should simply NOT be foreseeable in the way that your gut feeling or whatever picks up on...

I have had the phenomenon work on 'chance' situations, but with EU it comes with too many false results to be significant for me personally. I don't seem to have the right wavelength tuned in... ;)

One of the interesting things is whether few of those moments were wrong, or the real number is played down by your memory (just to get the critical bit out of the way 'in before...' style ;) )
Anyway, I too have looked at this phenomenon and 'know' that we do sometimes get a limited view of the almost immediate future, not just of a morphic resonance nature with other people or animals involved, but events that should simply NOT be foreseeable in the way that your gut feeling or whatever picks up on...

I have had the phenomenon work on 'chance' situations, but with EU it comes with too many false results to be significant for me personally. I don't seem to have the right wavelength tuned in... ;)

I hesitate to even mention this but I swear I have got a reply to post before I post it. It has happen more than once and as far as I know it is when I am previewing my post to check for spelling and grammar and make sure my thoughts are straight.

Anyone who thinks loot theories are a bit bonkers should try timeline theories :yay: - and I can see we are drifting towards a few (although this is not a prediction...).
Simplest shrug of the shoulders I know of: yes, the matrix has a few glitches!

I never found any real explanation but I've seen other things I have no hope of explaining scientifically so I've just learned to take agnostic stance and let it be.

Actually there is one foggy attempt at a theory. It's all about complex patterns in [pseudo]randomness that our unconscious mind, after being exposed to those patterns for thousands of hours, might eventually learn to interpret. As in, witnessing certain set of events immediately followed by another event repeatedly and then eventually creating a permanent association. Wish I could know what that pattern is (if that's how it works, that is). Althou, it's not like this knowledge would actually change anything anyway.

Now, if something like that works for another person, that means my theory can't possibly be true...

Well, either way, the human brain is a freakin' mysterious machine. One should prolly expect something extraordinary from the most complex structure in the whole freakin' known Universe... (and I don't mean Entropia Universe :silly2:).
Have a look at the book "Mind Hacks" from O'Reilly Press. The human subconscious has brimfull of pattern recognition tools, which we are excellent at applying wrong.

Same here. I think EU randomizer does some fast channel switching on the wavelengths... j/k, that would involve too much coding and math, but that could produce a similar effect.
For insight on prescience and its associated effects, practice kicking bits of gravel around. Your goal is for the bit of gravel to end up in a place of your choosing. The place should be theoretically unlikely, such as up a curb. There exists a mental state which, when the mind is in it, results in entropy making split second decisions about just where that bit of gravel will go. It's not the normal conscious state, and it's hard to get into on purpose, but it's recognizable and consistent.

Alas, it does not appear to work on randomizers.

And now I must watch Doctor Who because it's so timey wimey up in this thread.

Actually I agree, it would be nice to be able to find some simple explanation. As much as we love to speak about exploring the Final Frontier, the Great Unknown we actually hate it. Anything you can't explain feels uneasy, even threatening and we want back to our safe world where everything has a solid explanation as fast as possible.

But in this case the math seems to work against us. How many looting events we go through from level 1 to 100? It must be a huge number, somewhere in the order of millions I suppose?
Would we want those kills to end up with a great loot? Definitely. I'm pretty sure everyone has thoughts about how nice it would be if that next mob would global or HoF, how we surely deserve that right now and so on and so forth. There's no shortage of wishful thinking and endless opportunities to apply it... yet in the end I'm left with less cases than I can count on my fingers when I suddenly know what will happen before it happens?
Something's off with that math. Why so few is the real question. And the next question is not how many of those fail. The real question is how is it possible some actually end up with a positive result?
We've all heard how great the unconscious mind is at deceiving us, by seeing patterns where they don't exist. So what did we have here? Less than ten hits out of millions and several of those are actually a positive match. Does this prove the "deceiving nonexistent patterns theory" or disprove it, eh? ;)

I had no trouble reading it :rolleyes:

Like I said many times no matter what you say someone will contradict you and say the exact opposite of what you say, you got the award this time :).

Back