Strongboxes

HaKuRa

Guardian
Strongboxes is fun and all, but let us TT or refine in unni ammo the Y-pills please, got over 1Kped of them that sleep in storage :whip:

I'm sure some bigger boxes addict have many several K of them aswell :/

If nothing is done, i will be back to depo in ammo i guess :( atm on the long run the loss with Y pills on the depo is to big while u can get tt+ with ammo depo. :wise: but it's less fun for sure.

i disagree, just use em ... loot 2.0 maybe helps ya :p

otherwise there's nothing that would stop some people buying strongboxes, just to withdraw it next day, and repeat.

otherwise there's nothing that would stop some people buying strongboxes, just to withdraw it next day, and repeat.

Except from the universal ammo.
If people stop buying boxes MA can change pills to tradeable. Until then I'm just buying Uni ammo.

Yes, totally agree with this.

If you dont like the chance for pills, just simply dont buy the boxes. How hard can it be?
There are more than enough alternatives. Just buy ammo packs if you dont want pills.

See, problem solved. How hard can it be?

Or you only want to loot rings without any "risk" of looting pills?

Last edited:
read better what i said : it's fun .. etc And i didn't say anything about the rest of the content. It's just HP pills are useless. and i don't know who you're tbh, and didn't know you can ignore on forum.

This issue barely affects me at all, I've only got a few of these Y pills, but I find it very shady of MA to continue trying to ignore this issue and refuse to fix it when it's obviously a practice the community is very universally against.

Cut the bullshit already, make these pills either tradeable/ttable or at the very least refinable into UA. Stop trying to pressure players into using buff pills they don't want or need with retardedly high TT "value" on the pills.

Last edited:

All good if you can't tt them but refine to unni ammo (like for the full L rings before)

Edit : 40 days timer to withdraw anyway, would have to depo+withdraw each day for 40 days cycle or so, gettings tons of fee for MA so is good too

Last edited:
All good if you can't tt them but refine to unni ammo (like for the full L rings before)

Sounds fair to me, universal ammo still has to be cycled back :)

read better what i said : it's fun .. etc And i didn't say anything about the rest of the content. It's just HP pills are useless. and i don't know who you're tbh, and didn't know you can ignore on forum.

lol, oops my bad, I mixed you up, it was Haruto whom I mixed you up with :ahh:

I really like the boxes, and that's how I always depo.

Having said that, the pills are 100% a scam. I go into the process knowing that.

They assign completely arbitrary values to them which they then take out of the box loot. You should just be aware of that going in - you are losing money for the chance to loot something good.

If something is not tradeable or refinable, it's value is ZERO. The "TT value" that MindArk puts on them is a lie.

I really like the boxes, and that's how I always depo.

Having said that, the pills are 100% a scam. I go into the process knowing that.

They assign completely arbitrary values to them which they then take out of the box loot. You should just be aware of that going in - you are losing money for the chance to loot something good.

If something is not tradeable or refinable, it's value is ZERO. The "TT value" that MindArk puts on them is a lie.

It's not a 100% scam.
It's totally transparent and a free choice.

When buying boxes you have the chance of looting "stuff" and this stuff has TT value and possible MU as well.
All the stuff you can loot from the boxes can either be used or TT-ed.

No scam in that.
Ok, granted the value for the HP/regen pills is rather high for what they do, but they do have a use.
But on the other hand you can get nice MU on the faster reload pills to compensate. Or maybe even a ring to compensate.

If stuff is not tradable it still can have a value. Why not?
It has a use, and that use has a value. Maybe you dont agree on the amount of the value, but it does hold value.

So to call it a scam is a bit harsh.
Again, you're not forced at all to buy them, right? and there are very good alternatives as well, right?
So, what's the problem?

The entire game is based that you are losing money to potentially looting something good. Boxes fit very well in this system.

I do not think that pills are a scam - they are there to balance out the potential over profiting from Boxes. Without nontradable pills, the boxes would pretty much always result in a deposit that gives a higher return, since everything else in those boxes could be sold for MU or TTed.

IMO: If you want to loot a 5K PED Ring you gotta pay for it somehow.

People already do this....

It's not a 100% scam.
It's totally transparent and a free choice.

When buying boxes you have the chance of looting "stuff" and this stuff has TT value and possible MU as well.
All the stuff you can loot from the boxes can either be used or TT-ed.

No scam in that.
Ok, granted the value for the HP/regen pills is rather high for what they do, but they do have a use.
But on the other hand you can get nice MU on the faster reload pills to compensate. Or maybe even a ring to compensate.

If stuff is not tradable it still can have a value. Why not?
It has a use, and that use has a value. Maybe you dont agree on the amount of the value, but it does hold value.

So to call it a scam is a bit harsh.
Again, you're not forced at all to buy them, right? and there are very good alternatives as well, right?
So, what's the problem?

The entire game is based that you are losing money to potentially looting something good. Boxes fit very well in this system.

I don't disagree with you. Maybe scam is the wrong word, but whatever the word for "transparent and voluntary scam" would be, that's what they are to me.

If I had a problem with it, I wouldn't have spent thousands of dollars on them. I will still buy them, I enjoy them.

True, the pills have "value" in their "usefulness", which is subjective IMO. The part I disagree with is assigning some arbitrary TT value to them, which is then removed from loot. Fine, keep them non-tradeable, but at least let me grind them into UA for the TT value. I don't see how that would harm MA.

The part I disagree with is assigning some arbitrary TT value to them, which is then removed from loot. Fine, keep them non-tradeable, but at least let me grind them into UA for the TT value. I don't see how that would harm MA.

I think Tor worded this well:

they are there to balance out the potential over profiting from Boxes. Without nontradable pills, the boxes would pretty much always result in a deposit that gives a higher return, since everything else in those boxes could be sold for MU or TTed.

IMO: If you want to loot a 5K PED Ring you gotta pay for it somehow.

without the non tradable pills you suffer no risk at all with these "ring-lottery tickets"
That means you would turn the boxes into ammo packs with the addition of possibly looting a high valued ring.
That doesnt seem right. :scratch2:

without the non tradable pills you suffer no risk at all with these "ring-lottery tickets"
That means you would turn the boxes into ammo packs with the addition of possibly looting a high valued ring.
That doesnt seem right. :scratch2:

What's wrong with an ammo pack that could loot a ring?

And technically the rings aren't high value - they're actually worth less than many of the pills. They only have value to other players. On MindArk's books it's just 10ped liability.

I mean I get the fact that if I loot a ring worth 10k PED, that's 10k that I don't have to deposit, but that same logic applies to every rare item in the game.

I don't really see how it would hurt them. In fact it would probably boost box sales. They could also decrease the drop rate of the rings if people were looting too many of them (huh... sound familiar?).

What's wrong with an ammo pack that could loot a ring?

you already know this answer but I'll say it again ;)
Whats wrong is that you can only win and not lose.

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt mind, but it simply is not correct.

And technically the rings aren't high value - they're actually worth less than many of the pills. They only have value to other players. On MindArk's books it's just 10ped liability.

I mean I get the fact that if I loot a ring worth 10k PED, that's 10k that I don't have to deposit, but that same logic applies to every rare item in the game.

I don't really see how it would hurt them. In fact it would probably boost box sales. They could also decrease the drop rate of the rings if people were looting too many of them (huh... sound familiar?).

Ah, but then you can take this discussion further to ALL unlimited items.
Why can't we all loot a IMK2? According to your theory it wouldnt hurt MA, right? Same as for the rings.

I just said about the Y pills not all the pills imo, X, X-2, Z-2, lootable pills, i don't mind they're usefull enou, even Y-2 is ok at 1ped TT, skill pills are ok too. Even the annoying spam of kitties i didn't comment (at least u can grind them).

My post is only about these "Y pills" at 5 TT, you speak like i want just tt profit witch isn't the cas.

Is suggestion post to MA to improve the "fun" of these boxes and maybe at the places to take 300+ monthly i will take more in the end if they would do this, and i'm sure i'm not the only one in this cas as we can see in the comments. :wise:

you already know this answer but I'll say it again ;)

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt mind, but it simply is not correct.

The UA has to be burned in the game. It's a guaranteed loss, lol. I've looted an Ares Imp before, estimated value of around 700 ped. Guess what, that's only a small fraction of my hunting losses. Sorry, but I just don't see this as a get-rich-quick scheme. You'd have to get extremely lucky and loot a unique ring before you'd bought 30k ped worth of UA that you can only use in the game.

Ah, but then you can take this discussion further to ALL unlimited items.
Why can't we all loot a IMK2? According to your theory it wouldnt hurt MA, right? Same as for the rings.

But we don't all loot the rare items, that's my point. They can control the drop rate, so... what's the problem? I'm not suggesting every box is a winner.

MA's reasons are clear, but what I don't understand is why some players oppose to the idea of converting untradeable stuff into UA. Screw "logic" and "fairness" - it's a mountain of bound peds that will never appear in your lootpool.

Really, no lose? I could have bought me a full set of perfected rings with the money that earned me just 2 augmented hermetics and 10 times their worth in untradable pills I have zero use for. I think I've paid enough already for the chance.

Really, no lose? I could have bought me a full set of perfected rings with the money that earned me just 2 augmented hermetics and 10 times their worth in untradable pills I have zero use for. I think I've paid enough already for the chance.

yeah that sucks, but that makes me wonder, why then didn't you just buy the ammo packs instead of boxes?
:scratch2:

- it's a mountain of bound peds that will never appear in your lootpool.

this is interesting though :scratch:

"a mountain"

seriously wondering, anyone got any idea about how much ped value worth of pills are ingame?

Wasnt there some theories saying that there is probably a limit on how many items of an item can be ingame at any one time? As in X number of MMK2 per Y number of players?

If such, with presumably 100000s of peds tied up in pills which are not very useful, is there a limit for those items?I know I got about 2k-3k peds tt worth of pills in my storage currently.

How many pills must be looted/stored unused for there to be "enough/item limit" for current playerbase?

Wasnt there some theories saying that there is probably a limit on how many items of an item can be ingame at any one time? As in X number of MMK2 per Y number of players?

If such, with presumably 100000s of peds tied up in pills which are not very useful, is there a limit for those items?I know I got about 2k-3k peds tt worth of pills in my storage currently.

How many pills must be looted/stored unused for there to be "enough/item limit" for current playerbase?

I doubt that bound items have such a limit since they don't seem to affect the economy much. I think starter packages are a perfect example of the exception to the alleged "limit" rule.

To be honest, what MA really needs to do is respect that a ton of money we spend is locked into pills and at least give us a statement that addresses how they, or if they, compensate. I mean, they gave confusing half baked hints on everything else, so might as well do it here too.

Honest question: Does MA consider the 5PED TT value of these untradeable unrefinable unttable pills to be a financial liability or is it written off as pure earnings every time one is looted?

That's where these pills get pretty dicey, because if they were considered by them to be a financial liability, as they should given their TT value, then they wouldn't care very much if people were allowed to refine them into UA, given that UA needs to be used to hunt/mine to even be able to withdraw and at that point, in the grand majority of cases, players will end up with less TT value than they started with on their accounts.

:scratch2:

there's probably something like 100-300k PED of these pills sitting in people's storages in the game, it's a pretty serious problem and they're just continuing to let it pile up while refusing to address it

I was one of those that sweared the Y pills too. 10k boxes opened, no imp ares or anything except taming or hp or and adj athenic..... only shit, BUT I have only 62 Y pills !!!. I used them : to hunt slow mobs, to mine and in pvp.
Believe me..... Y used "smart" is a PLUS!!!!!! They have their fit in the game if they are used proper. (combined with an aug or perf hermetic) they can do magic :)))))))))

Just a hint: use lc-55 + hotfoot-40 with Y pill + hermetic aug & and an X pill => oseeo young die instant
(math is simple 2 Y in 1 hour = 10 ped ; an imp fapper in 1h = 50 ped)
SO.... Y pills not good ?!?!?!?!?!?!?! AND this is only one damn example ..... use them on minning on omfg :))))))
I LOVE THEM !

I was one of those that sweared the Y pills too. 10k boxes opened, no imp ares or anything except taming or hp or and adj athenic..... only shit, BUT I have only 62 Y pills !!!. I used them : to hunt slow mobs, to mine and in pvp.
Believe me..... Y used "smart" is a PLUS!!!!!! They have their fit in the game if they are used proper. (combined with an aug or perf hermetic) they can do magic :)))))))))

Just a hint: use lc-55 + hotfoot-40 with Y pill + hermetic aug & and an X pill => oseeo young die instant
(math is simple 2 Y in 1 hour = 10 ped ; an imp fapper in 1h = 50 ped)
SO.... Y pills not good ?!?!?!?!?!?!?! AND this is only one damn example ..... use them on minning on omfg :))))))
I LOVE THEM !

Yep, being a pill/neuro/etc. addict is a new profession in game... :) Mindark is becoming a drug dealer. I personally like combining one of the skill pills with neurobiotic and loot pill at the same time for a fun power hour weekly. (going to take me a while to run through all 96 hours or more though, lol)

Yep, being a pill/neuro/etc. addict is a new profession in game... :) Mindark is becoming a drug dealer. I personally like combining one of the skill pills with neurobiotic and loot pill at the same time for a fun power hour weekly. (going to take me a while to run through all 96 hours or more though, lol)

My point was that using pills is cheaper then hire fappers.... (In some cases), or more good on minning (amped long runs) or.... etc....

My point was that using pills is cheaper then hire fappers.... (In some cases), or more good on minning (amped long runs) or.... etc....

Probably, but I personally never ever used fappers. I don't even need as much natural hp. My defense costs are < 0.5%, I even sold Athenic and wear a perf hermetic (again no use for Y). Hell, I would gladly put on a ring like "-50% hp, no regen, +10% dps" on the left hand, a sort of berserk mode. So I can't imagine more useless pill for me than Y.

And you with your self-destructive playstyle no doubt would consume everything to have the edge, which would be ok if you'd be happy with the results :D

yeah, y pills only could work if people hunt above their hp level. But anyway for those who have no need for them it sucks :)

Back