Let's see how ComPet is doing..

Are you making $ transactions in ComPet?

• Yes

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I don't play it

Votes: 48 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Semti

Old
Semti Nebka
...was the thought that popped into my head today

"so when were those deeds supposed to be monetised again?" I ask myself

...about the same time as their marketing budget dwindled :laugh:

compet.jpg

downloads of compet app over time

...anyway - was interesting to see this, thought I'd share

That's MA's lack of advertising for ya...... and why there's nothing coming through on the deeds yet.

Thanks for the info, very interesting indeed.

Rgds

Ace

How much was this game to make?
6 million dollar or 0.6m?

It's what I predicted would happen. I worked in mobile for years, and can tell you it's a hugely over-saturated market. It's dominated by about 3 or 4 companies that have massive marketing budgets (and I do mean massssive). Success in mobile is about 5% product and 95% ad spend. The top players are running ads during the Super Bowl.

Since MindArk has no real marketing team that I can see and their efforts at marketing their flagship product seem pretty sad at best, I don't see how this could ever have gotten off the ground. I can't help but think they didn't do their research on this one.

How much was this game to make?
6 million dollar or 0.6m?

If it was 6 million it would go down as one of the worst-managed mobile projects in history. To put some numbers on it, the average mobile game takes 90 days and roughly $75,000. Yes, $75,000.

Time to pull the plug, glad i sold my compet deeds right after i saw the game.

Compet has got quite an active community as it goes. Certainly loads of people leveling pets and villages in there.

Considering Compet is still in development phase compared to EU in cash-cow phase, I still think it has a solid future.

Demand for deeds is high. ok Ma pushed back the trinkets (rings for pets, was planned for end of July). The July news letter was delayed until mid August. Either we get trinkets by mid August, or MA tell us in the news letter their new date.

I'm quite defensive of the game, because frankly I really like it. It takes a while to work out best setups for pets, but once you make some progress add more abilities and village upgrades, it's really good.

I love the hidden humour in there, and the animations and sounds of some of the pets during fights is quite funny.

It already has a market too, with all the deed holders. Assuming they support the game they invest in....lol.

People that don't know the game tend to measure it on how active the Arena is. That's a mistake.
There is by far more active people that enjoy raiding and growing pets. Even so Ma added rewards to push the Arena more, which is working.

When the links come to EU, it will be more a sister game to EU anyway. It's not competing on an empty stage at all. Lets face it after 10+ years EU has got what? 4K active players (based on EL glob stats). That's is totally lame for a game this old.

As far as I'm aware the Apple os was completed. Probably Apple people being total arseholes approving it. Which is why people are leaving iPhone in droves due to their arrogance.

You think people don't have faith in compet? Try buy some deeds.

Laters

Rick

edit: It's moved on massively since you might have first tried it a year ago. It's miles better now, and will continue to grow and turn into something quite special. Try it
https://competgame.com/site/home

Last edited:
Considering Compet is still in development phase compared to EU in cash-cow phase, I still think it has a solid future.

I'm quite defensive of the game, because frankly I really like it. It takes a while to work out best setups for pets, but once you make some progress add more abilities and village upgrades, it's really good.

Demand for deeds is high.

You think people don't have faith in it? Try buy some deeds.

Do not know if you are joking or not :confused: The Payouts on the deeds have been delayed several times after the promised date, have it not? Anyway, marketing is key for mobile games and as always Mindark fails to deliever in that department. They were too late on the mobile game hype and are competing against bigger companies and titles. I know you love the game and all, but please do not be delusional that this game has a good chance to succeed.

Compet has got quite an active community as it goes. Certainly loads of people leveling pets and villages in there.

Demand for deeds is high. ok Ma pushed back the trinkets (rings for pets, was planned for end of July). The July news letter was delayed until mid August. Either we get trinkets by mid August, or MA tell us in the news letter their new date.

I love the hidden humour in there, and the animations and sounds of some of the pets during fights is quite funny.

It already has a market too, with all the deed holders. Assuming they support the game they invest in....lol.

People that don't know the game tend to measure it on how active the Arena is. That's a mistake.
There is by far more active people that enjoy raiding and growing pets. Even so Ma added rewards to push the Arena more, which is working.

When the links come to EU, it will be more a sister game to EU anyway. It's not competing on an empty stage at all. Lets face it after 10+ years EU has got what? 4K active players (based on EL glob stats). That's is totally lame for a game this old.

As far as I'm aware the Apple os was completed. Probably Apple people being total arseholes approving it. Which is why people are leaving iPhone in droves due to their arrogance.

Laters

Rick

edit: It's moved on massively since you might have first tried it a year ago. It's miles better now, and will continue to grow and turn into something quite special. Try it www.competgame.com

its nice that there is presumably a solid active community that does raiding and leveling pets and no fights in the arena. but you know what? without arena fights for peds the game dies. and the deed holder wont ever receive any kind of money.

Yikes. But are Downloads everything?

If the player retention is strong maybe revenue will be decent.

It's miles better now, and will continue to grow and turn into something quite special. Try it www.competgame.com

While there are some nice touches to it, some of the display stuff and procedures are almost unbelieveably dumb. Like not being able to see the opponent's crit chance in a battle because the turn number is in the way, or trying to click one of the outer skills that is 90% overlayed.
Also stuff like being blocked for a round - is it really supposed to be so that you can actually lose two turns if the other player got to start the round the skill was played on?

Also, I have peds, but nobody wants to fight in the ped arena it seems. I'm really pretty unsure how the reward peds are there in the first place, tbh, unless some of those 'siphoned deposits' from EU got put there as a token gesture. It also looks like the rewards are supposed to change as the pots grow or as someone wins a pot share, but if we go by that then MA is making almost no turnover at all.

Finally, the download chart from the OP includes, of course, the fact that players have needed to make new downloads about 10 times or so until now. That would suggest there is almost nobody at all (relatively) active in the current version.

However, I like some of the animations and hope the game grows and gets links to EU. But who the hell is buying deeds???

While there are some nice touches to it, some of the display stuff and procedures are almost unbelieveably dumb. Like not being able to see the opponent's crit chance in a battle because the turn number is in the way, or trying to click one of the outer skills that is 90% overlayed.
Also stuff like being blocked for a round - is it really supposed to be so that you can actually lose two turns if the other player got to start the round the skill was played on?

Also, I have peds, but nobody wants to fight in the ped arena it seems. I'm really pretty unsure how the reward peds are there in the first place, tbh, unless some of those 'siphoned deposits' from EU got put there as a token gesture. It also looks like the rewards are supposed to change as the pots grow or as someone wins a pot share, but if we go by that then MA is making almost no turnover at all.

Finally, the download chart from the OP includes, of course, the fact that players have needed to make new downloads about 10 times or so until now. That would suggest there is almost nobody at all (relatively) active in the current version.

However, I like some of the animations and hope the game grows and gets links to EU. But who the hell is buying deeds???

Agree on that last point. Lot of potential to link it to EU. Breath some life into the taming system and let us feel connected to EU on our phones in some way aside from clicking EP on that lousy app.

its nice that there is presumably a solid active community that does raiding and leveling pets and no fights in the arena. but you know what? without arena fights for peds the game dies. and the deed holder wont ever receive any kind of money.

Then I'm sorry to say but you don't understand it how it works.

You can buy more forest fights (used to level your pets faster), that costs diamonds.
You can buy shields, to protect your village from raids to build gold reserves to upgrade things.
You can speed up building timers, that cost diamonds
You can speed up pets in the gym timers, that cost diamonds.
You can buy limited edition pets.
You can speed up library timers, that costs diamonds.
You can buy more permanent raids (hot tip to do that)
You can buy more permanent forest fights (hot tip to do that)
You can pay diamonds to refresh your forest fights

Lots of other ways to spend diamonds too.

1300 Diamonds cost about $20.

The Arena is only a small part of the game.

It's a very different approach to EU. Everything costs in EU, where Compet is about free play with the option to enjoy the game more and speed things up. You get to a level that unless you buy shields it's almost impossible to progress (well; it's very very hard to avoid getting raided to grow enough gold).

I actually raid people to promote shield purchases.

Now I suspect; that when people realise how good it is, they will be on the back foot chasing the game up. So that's going to cost them...smiles.

The trinkets I bet will be really popular with the gamers in there.

But above all, its fun. Sure the compet forum might be quiet. That's because there's no sales threads and no moaning about shocking costs to play threads. Minus those two from PCF it would be dead too.

I still think it will out perform Ark deeds. They were paying 1 pec a deed per day for a long while.

Sure it would be nice to see the revenue, and the payouts. On a personal level I'm quite chilled about that now, because I see the game growing and MA showing commitment to it.

Even if the revenue isn't that great right now, I still have faith in it, watching it grow and develop.

Rick

Last edited:
You get to a level that unless you buy shields it's almost impossible to progress (well; it's very very hard to avoid getting raided to grow enough gold).
and right there is why I and a lot of others dont play regularly... The game play comes to a screeching halt ft hat makes sweating look like fun

Sure you can.

At the start of a fight click on headers of both players (at the top). The crit, mana, resistence and initiative stats are shown. Which constantly change during a battle.

Sure there's some handicapping that goes on, to add some dynamics. But if your pet is underperforming it does bounce back during a fight with more crits (assuming your setup well enough to give decent crits).

Actually one of the frustrations at the start, is in correct pet setups.

All I'd say is look at those stats change "during a fight". When and how you heal healing, and when is the right time to attack. I don't want to give too much away, as it took me ages working it out.

You need to test your pet up in at least5 - 10 fights to get a feel for it's average performance (for the current setup)

Rick

I downloaded the game earlier this year,january i think. I remember the game made me one fight then i quit. As i read this topic and saw that the game was still alive, i logged in 10 min ago. Arrived on world map where i have no idea what to do, pretty confusing. Logged off and that's all. Back to dragonsoul.

and right there is why I and a lot of others dont play regularly... The game play comes to a screeching halt ft hat makes sweating look like fun

Seriously!!!

1 day shield 100 diamonds
3 day shield 150 diamonds
7 day shield 250 diamonds

you can buy 1300 diamonds for $20

13 x 1 day shields for $20

That doesn't include all the "free" rewards diamonds you get for raiding or playing the arena.

Miles cheaper than EU, for tons more fun.

Rick

edit: I'm pulling out 15K gold per hour with my mines now and not even maxed. That's 360K gold a day.

With 8 raids I can generally get enough to trigger an upgrade. Some upgrades need shields.

Then add the gold you get from forest fights. It's cool enough.

You can buy more forest fights, more raids.

Good tip is to buy more raids and forest fights for speedy progress It helps big time!!!

It takes time to learn the game, that's all.

Last edited:
Then I'm sorry to say but you don't understand it how it works.

You can buy more forest fights (used to level your pets faster), that costs diamonds.
You can buy shields, to protect your village from raids to build gold reserves to upgrade things.
You can speed up building timers, that cost diamonds
You can speed up pets in the gym timers, that cost diamonds.
You can buy limited edition pets.
You can speed up library timers, that costs diamonds.

Lots of other ways to spend diamonds too.

1300 Diamonds cost about $20.

The Arena is only a small part of the game.

It's a very different approach to EU. Everything costs in EU, where Compet is about free play with the option to enjoy the game more and speed things up. You get to a level that unless you buy shields it's almost impossible to progress (well; it's very very hard to avoid getting raided to grow enough gold).

I actually raid people to promote shield purchases.

Now I suspect; that when people realise how good it is, they will be on the back foot chasing the game up. So that's going to cost them...smiles.

The trinkets I bet will be really popular with the gamers in there.

But above all, its fun. Sure the compet forum might be quiet. That's because there's no sales threads and no moaning about shocking costs to play threads. Minus those two from PCF it would be dead too.

I still think it will out perform Ark deeds. They were paying 1 pec a deed per day for a long while.

Sure it would be nice to see the revenue, and the payouts. On a personal level I'm quite chilled about that now, because I see the game growing and MA showing commitment to it.

Even if the revenue isn't that great right now, I still have faith in it, watching it grow and develop.

Rick

you are really biased dude...
i know that thsi stuff costs diamons but did MA say that those purchases generate revenue for the deed holders?
and to be honest... with that easy raiding why would anyone need / buy that shit with diamonds?
and to say its a good game... like wow... have you never played ANY other battle arena thing on your phone?
i play pokemon on my phone when i want to play stuff like that. and im not talking bout pokemon go, im talking bout regular red, gold, whatever as all work flawlessly with a gameboy emulator...
and even without emulator there are tons of games like that out there that ALL have a better progress situation, better animations, less bugs etc etc.

...was the thought that popped into my head today

"so when were those deeds supposed to be monetised again?" I ask myself

...about the same time as their marketing budget dwindled :laugh:

compet.jpg

downloads of compet app over time

...anyway - was interesting to see this, thought I'd share

Yes very sad. Wasn't it back in January when we learned that MA had not as of then planned on linking the two games and then a week or so later reported that they had future plans to try and link them? Looking at this chart, I can see why that second report came out about the link.

you are really biased dude...
i know that thsi stuff costs diamons but did MA say that those purchases generate revenue for the deed holders?
and to be honest... with that easy raiding why would anyone need / buy that shit with diamonds?
and to say its a good game... like wow... have you never played ANY other battle arena thing on your phone?
i play pokemon on my phone when i want to play stuff like that. and im not talking bout pokemon go, im talking bout regular red, gold, whatever as all work flawlessly with a gameboy emulator...
and even without emulator there are tons of games like that out there that ALL have a better progress situation, better animations, less bugs etc etc.

Sure I'm biased. But I cringe when trying to 'justify' the costs to play EU to people I know. I'm actually excited when I try to sell compet to people.

I'm throwing $100+ right now training one of my pets in EU, that promises (if I believe it) give me 20% skill gain taming. Other than that it does nothing apart from look nice.

We play EU right, it's buggy and old....why?
We just "do".

Generally you need to buy diamonds to progress. You can get some free ones raiding and playing the arena. But free progress will be slow. But look....lets say it costed you $50 to level everything for 6 months gaming. That 3 hours if your lucky hunting LT's in EU...lol.

I got raided earlier for 600K coins. I've not bothered, swings and roundabouts.
Don't let raiding put anyone off....raid it back :)

Rick

I've seen people selling the deeds for 99 ped, less than the original purchase price on the web shop. Unless there's been some big resurgence recently?

Yikes. But are Downloads everything?

If the player retention is strong maybe revenue will be decent.

Well technically yes, it's retention, but the numbers on the graph paint a grim picture. You don't get retention or make any money of a few thousand downloads. You have to have hundreds of millions of downloads to make anything off it.

I could grab a boilerplate game kit from the Unity store and reskin a few assets and release it tomorrow and have the same number of downloads as you're seeing in the Compet stats. You get at least this many just from the initial releases to various media outlets and app meta-sites, app installers, etc.

Let me guess you own deeds and trying to keep the MU high? :)

Well, the only issue I have with the link is the link itself. Remember MA told us all that we needed to invest in the Compets because it would be linked. After buying into the deeds and when Compets was released we found that there wasn't any plan at all. Then a few months later MA told us that they will look into trying to link the games up in the future.

I kind of voiced this issue even before the game was release because linking the games just didn't make sense. I know I was shot down in the past about it, but just think about the cost to level up a pet in EU. Can you possibly think someone would buy a pet for that much money in a mobile game? Also there would be the supply and demand issues.

At the end, it would have been great if Compets was not a new game, but an add-on to EU which would allow EU players to play the game on their phone with it using our main EU account and PedCard. Meaning that in order for new players to play the game, they would first need to installed EU and create an EU account.

But yes, many may point out that the only people who would play the game would be the ubers with big pockets which is very true and again is why the games was not linked in the first place.

Last edited:
Let me guess you own deeds and trying to keep the MU high? :)

Very cynical of you.

Because I believe in the game, I'd rather the deeds crashed to be honest, so I can get some more on the cheap.

I'm an honest guy, just saying I can see the "good" in the game. I honestly really like it.

You know; maybe I should keep my mouth shut and buy up as many deeds as I can. From everyone that hates it so much.

F*** it; carry on with the hate. I'm done with the thread....smiles back at ya...lol.

GL

Rick

edit: Compet makes me smile, simple as that.

Very cynical of you.

Because I believe in the game, I'd rather the deeds crashed to be honest, so I can get some more on the cheap.

I'm an honest guy, just saying I can see the "good" in the game. I honestly really like it.

You know; maybe I should keep my mouth shut and buy up as many deeds as I can. From everyone that hates it so much.

F*** it; carry on with the hate. I'm done with the thread.

GL

Rick

edit: Compet makes me smile, simple as that.

Yes sorry, my stupid humor at work again. Not debating you like the game, just why the game itself is in the state that it is in now. If anything I would love MA to take the game off the market rebuild it and try again.

EU makes me smile and why I, and so many others have been here so long.

Comwhat?

:laugh:

Imho it's a kids game rated 8 years old.

If the " massive game" Entropia only holds a small playerbase, do you really expect that a trinket game like compet can grow big??

Well, I hope for all the deed holders that I'm wrong, but I wouldn't even pay 10 ped for the deeds. Even my toilet paper has more value and use than those deeds :laugh:

I'll just stick to my evening round of COC instead :smoke:

It is very sad MA managed to screw this up as well.

Is that graph showing android only downloads? Has there been any news on when it will be on the Apple Store?

Sure you can.

At the start of a fight click on headers of both players (at the top). The crit, mana, resistence and initiative stats are shown. Which constantly change during a battle.
All I'd say is look at those stats change "during a fight". When and how you heal healing, and when is the right time to attack. I don't want to give too much away, as it took me ages working it out.

Rick

Well, maybe you are playing in a different screen resolution - I haven't bothered to try a different one out. In 800x600 or whatever I have it set on, you cannot see all of the stats box because of where the round number is now placed, and most of the extreme left/right skill fields for a fight are almost completely blocked from being clicked on because of the names overlay.
As for stats changing during a fight?? Aggro can be changed a bit by ambushing for a round, but otherwise? Well, ok, ComPet would appear to be beyond me then .... , no, I'm not asking you to give too much away if you have figured something out that most players will not manage.
I AM glad you like it, though - I just cannot see it becoming a success at this rate of steps forward/ steps back dance that MA does so well...

EU survives with a small player base because the average value of each player is through the roof

not sure if we can say the same for any mobile game, let alone for what compet has turned out to be

don't even know why I started this thread since I'm one of the suckers holding deeds :cool:

Back