Let's see how ComPet is doing..

Are you making $ transactions in ComPet?

• Yes

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I don't play it

Votes: 48 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

If only Compet was to be an EU Based game as they stated it would be. :( The second PDF announcement was after the release of Compets and it's failure to give us a link between the games. Only then can you see that Compets for a bit started to take off but soon many gave up on it -- all seen from the OPs graph.

I'm still very active in this game and will be for a long time (as long as my PEDs last), but on that day of the release of Compet and finding that it wasn't what MA stated it would be leaving all stable owners with lost hopes was the day I stopped depositing 774 days ago.

It is time for MA to give up on Compets and bring that team back to EU and try and save what was once a great and fun game for all.

Last edited:
I only play Compet via steam. Just leveling up pets, and village... very boring but i still do it because i hope the game gets more popular in the future.
But well the hopes aren't high.
Just look at the Steam Compet. Nearly no activity at all, discussions is almost dead, nearly no reviews, nearly no players, total lack of advertising.... Game almost dead. It's still in Early access ok, but even if it gets released, there wont be more players like this. I hold 5 Compet deeds and i am thinking about selling those while they are still worth something...

Last edited:
I've been playing ComPet consistently since launch so I'll share a bit of my experience.

1. Pet leveling is painfully boring after your first 50 fights. And training in the gym is just a timer.
2. The fighting animations while cute don't carry much weight. And as some have mentioned there is only two viable pet builds.
3. The only thing that ever made me consider putting money into the game was the limited edition pets. But aside from ascetics, there isn't anything that separates them from standard pets. There was a rumor that they would eventually have something special added to them but I've yet to see any evidence of this.
4. The game has a serious monetization problem. If limited edition pets and arena are the only options, you shouldn't expect a payout anytime soon. Sure some people will say you can speed up pet leveling or get shields but to be honest I haven't cared enough about my pets or base to give to sh*ts if I've been raided. When I log in and see I've been raided a couple times the feeling is a minor annoyance at best. It's akin to having to step out of the shower to grab your toothbrush.

I've enjoyed EU for years and had high hopes for ComPet, but at what point are they just pissing money away? They should cut their losses and implement as many assets from ComPet as possible into EU. I sincerely wish I enjoyed the game more, but it's just not fun.

question should be: really anyone expected compted doing well?

no need to answer..

The game is actually a lot of fun if you get a pet past level 10, as that unlocks Arena, Raiding and some of the more interesting spells / creatures / buildings.

My big problem is the last version update that made it look like this for me:

compet_bugged_purple.jpg

It still plays fine, but the above irritates me and a couple of other recently introduced bugs which are mostly cosmetic and dont affect gameplay could do with fixing.

I'll wait for the next version update.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean, this isn't surprising to anyone is it?

Compets is a crappy pokemon + mobile base building clone with a generic new IP bringing zero fanbase, apart from those fans from Entropia who they immediately pissed off by selling deeds to, before announcing there would be no Compet-Entropia link, and then still not paying any cash out on the deeds what, a year later?

The only promise MA kept on Compets was that no staff was drafted from Entropia to create it, as the software was developed by these guys: https://www.n-ix.com/ (as was entropia pocket FYI).

We all would have loved it to be a great success as it would (directly or indirectly) mean the growth of Entropia. But after seeing the product for the first time even the most optimistic person would say "that's shit and won't work".

Yeah, I mean, this isn't surprising to anyone is it?

Compets is a crappy pokemon + mobile base building clone with a generic new IP bringing zero fanbase, apart from those fans from Entropia who they immediately pissed off by selling deeds to, before announcing there would be no Compet-Entropia link, and then still not paying any cash out on the deeds what, a year later?

The only promise MA kept on Compets was that no staff was drafted from Entropia to create it, as the software was developed by these guys: https://www.n-ix.com/ (as was entropia pocket FYI).

We all would have loved it to be a great success as it would (directly or indirectly) mean the growth of Entropia. But after seeing the product for the first time even the most optimistic person would say "that's shit and won't work".

FYI:

https://www.n-ix.com/case-study/compet-game-development-mindark/

MA needed a way of funding it which was to sell compet deeds to entropia players - telling them it would yield a return when cash started flowing in through that game... did they ever mention some where that it would and what projected ROI would be on compet deeds?

I was away when they released compet deeds and I never bought one as I heard they didn't yet give any cash flow at all... And looking back to september/october 2016 when i made that decision I am quite happy I didn't purchase any..

Maybe they will skyrocket one day - if that game ever takes off... But I am afraid it's not gonna.. well, not any time soon any way..

MA needed a way of funding it which was to sell compet deeds to entropia players - telling them it would yield a return when cash started flowing in through that game... did they ever mention some where that it would and what projected ROI would be on compet deeds?

I was away when they released compet deeds and I never bought one as I heard they didn't yet give any cash flow at all... And looking back to september/october 2016 when i made that decision I am quite happy I didn't purchase any..

Maybe they will skyrocket one day - if that game ever takes off... But I am afraid it's not gonna.. well, not any time soon any way..

compet_graph.jpg

question should be: really anyone expected compted doing well?

no need to answer..

Yes I did as many others who were waiting for the taming system to come back. The idea was great since we would be able to have battles both in EU and on our mobile phone. EU would even be in the media again for the most expensive pet in game ever bought.

Then of course the idea that there would be another mobile game on the market which would make people look at EU and create needed accounts to play the game on their mobile device.

But at the end MA just made a new game with a new theme with no link at all to EU. How bad was it? Look at the PDF posted here and at the very bottom of it you will see in very very small print the Disclaimer that MindArk as well has another game called Entropia Universe.

At the end MA could fix this by taking Compets off the market and trying again but this time make it an EU game as we all wanted.

Last edited:
A few days ago someone was telling me that there was already profit to be shared by the compet deed holders but MA has been postponing the day when they do a payout.

It did seem weird, but I didnt follow up too deeply since I dont have any compets, never had either.

A few days ago someone was telling me that there was already profit to be shared by the compet deed holders but MA has been postponing the day when they do a payout.

It did seem weird, but I didnt follow up too deeply since I dont have any compets, never had either.

not entirely correct. MA said that they are accumulating all profit to pay out the shareholder all accumulated value at the first day of payout. but accumulated zeros will still be zeros. at best it will pay out 50 pec once per deed and then nothing anymore because the game is dead ped-return-wise

how many deeds are there again?

Because yeah you have to figure that if its 100,000 deeds every pec of deed holder revenue is 1000.00 ped.

How many hundreds of USD has anyone put into com pets? care to share?

Full disclosure, I've never downloaded it, or seen any more than screenies here and at entropiauniverse.com etc...

I wonder what MA wants on hand for their first, possibly 'celebratory' payout?

interesting speculation right there I'm actually more tempted to buy compet deeds right now than before

:eyecrazy:

I feel trolled.

how many deeds are there again?

Because yeah you have to figure that if its 100,000 deeds every pec of deed holder revenue is 1000.00 ped.

How many hundreds of USD has anyone put into com pets? care to share?

Full disclosure, I've never downloaded it, or seen any more than screenies here and at entropiauniverse.com etc...

I wonder what MA wants on hand for their first, possibly 'celebratory' payout?

interesting speculation right there I'm actually more tempted to buy compet deeds right now than before

:eyecrazy:

I feel trolled.

when you think about that there has been at least 1 tournament with a price pool of 10k peds, that most likely will be paid completely out of the deed holder share, and still nobody is doing ped battles means that there wont be any amount accumulated that is higher than maybe 5 pec a deed

That graph was misleading for some people, stretch it out so the base is a linear and the upward curve becomes a straight line i.e. direct linear relationship between deed yield and number of players - so every player deposits the same amount? No people playing for free?

That graph was misleading for some people, stretch it out so the base is a linear and the upward curve becomes a straight line i.e. direct linear relationship between deed yield and number of players - so every player deposits the same amount? No people playing for free?

Assumptions underlying the graph:
1. That the average user lifespan will be six months
2. That 80% of the users will play for free and 20% will pay to play
3. That the Average Revenue per Paying User and month (ARPU) will be 3 USD.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?263253-ComPet-App-Deeds

Rick

edit:

So I view it like this:

To get 20% revenue, similar to EU CLDs' then;
Between (22500 + 50000 / 2) players x 20% = 37500 x 20% = 7500 active players that deposit 3 USD per month

But I think 3 USD is irrelevant, because to get bonus diamonds (purse of diamonds) a player would probably deposit $20. That's as a minimum, one off depo.

So; 7500 / (20/3) = 7500 / 6.66 = 1126 players that depo $20

Assuming my logic is correct, also assumes revenue equals costs (because I've got nothing else to base it on)

Rick

Last edited:
Assumptions underlying the graph:
1. That the average user lifespan will be six months
2. That 80% of the users will play for free and 20% will pay to play
3. That the Average Revenue per Paying User and month (ARPU) will be 3 USD.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?263253-ComPet-App-Deeds

Rick

edit:

So I view it like this:

To get 20% revenue, similar to EU CLDs' then;
Between (22500 + 50000 / 2) players x 20% = 37500 x 20% = 7500 active players that deposit 3 USD per month

But I think 3 USD is irrelevant, because to get bonus diamonds (purse of diamonds) a player would probably deposit $20. That's as a minimum, one off depo.

So; 7500 / (20/3) = 7500 / 6.66 = 1126 players that depo $20

Assuming my logic is correct, also assumes revenue equals costs (because I've got nothing else to base it on)

Rick

Maybe do a survey right here ? I doubt you Will get 20,% payin g customers here.
I did install the app again after reading this.

Maybe do a survey right here ? I doubt you Will get 20,% payin g customers here.
I did install the app again after reading this.

Sure it's a totally different concept to what we're used to in EU.
People throwing thousands of dollars at explo for example.

I often think about compet, the trinkets (strongboxes) will 100% come.
I have no idea how that will work, but it certainly will be popular to boost pets.

Ok there's the people in EU that cycle cash in-and-out of EU burning $100K worth of boxes to hunt for rings. As there's no "trading" as such in compet, I can't see that happening.

However it "will" generate purchases. I know I'll be interested in trinket system.

The links will come to EU at some point.

I'm interested in more deeds, so I'm not doing myself much favours here. (but got no more money until next month).

All I know is with my level pets, and upgraded buildings, Compet becomes very enjoyable (even without much Arena play).

It's just lacking more systems, and more to do right now other than the Arena.

I admitted to myself quite some time ago, that the game was no where near finished.
That much more is planned for it, and that will takes months.

I think once investors come to terms with that and have an unbelievable amount of patience, they can see a solid future in the game.

Good to hear you downloaded it again, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how far it's come.
I run pc version personally, and download direct from MA (so all those PC accounts, are not in the OP's android graph).

Probably actually all the downloads direct from MA site are not included in the OP graph.

https://competgame.com/site/home

Rick

Last edited:
I'll wait with bated breath, but honestly and only in my own humble opinion, compet looks pretty underwhelming - even for a basic mobile game.

Rick, you're right the original graph does not include PC players / website downloads.

I just went to check on some estimates for that data and there wasn't enough visits to their site to quantify in a graph:eyecrazy:

I still have every hope that the few nutters (no offence, rick and co) still playing will fuel further development and allow MA to finish it off and maybe even re-visit linking up to EU.

Last edited:
I'll wait with bated breath, but honestly and only in my own humble opinion, compet looks pretty underwhelming - even for a basic mobile game.

Rick, you're right the original graph does not include PC players / website downloads.

I just went to check on some estimates for that data and there wasn't enough visits to their site to quantify in a graph:eyecrazy:

I still have every hope that the few nutters (no offence, rick and co) still playing will fuel further development and allow MA to finish it off and maybe even re-visit linking up to EU.

I'm going to have to learn how to make youtube videos or stream I guess (if my old computer can take it)

Having some seriously funny battles with some aggressive pets today in Compet....would be good for you to see it.
Plus my maxed level 12 library will be compete in a few hours, so I can make my pets even more formidable.

We will see.

Rick

Compet version 1.5 coming tomorrow....yay!!!!!

Exciting times.

Rick

Man...Rick must have bought a LOT of Compet deeds.

Man...Rick must have bought a LOT of Compet deeds.

LOL....I have a few.

I like pets, got a ton of skilled EU pets. So naturally I like Compet as well.

I've been really looking forward to this update. Sadly the game is taking so much s**t that even the compet team stopped talking to us via their forum.

However, I don't think they're paying the rev tomorrow. I don't care if they don't yet, because I'd rather the deeds be in the hands of those that want to play it, rather than those just in it for the money....smiles and laughs.

I'd love to be looking at the Eu auction right now though, have all the deeds gone. Funny stuff.

Rick

Back