3rd person camera vertically locked when auto-using weapon

Eran Arkoss

Mature
I have searched to see if anyone else has posted about this, but could not find any posts so here it is.

When I am hunting in third person if the mob moves horizontal to where I am looking my character will change facing and the camera will follow. However if th mob moves vertically - commonly when it dies at my feet - my character will change facing to look down, but the camera will not follow.

This means that I have to keep resetting my camera view quite freqently which is annoying and I can see no reason why this would be intended.

I am including below a short video demonstrating the mechanics of this bug.

Can this please be fixed.

https://youtu.be/8X-Qg1wnclk

My problem is a bug that autolocks on the dead mob and I have to move forward to target another mob. Drives me insane. Happens like crazy when i take an auto loot pill.

There is an option called "Rigid camera view" or something like that, see if that helps you.

I use "Over the shoulder" camera mode and get the best out of both worlds (1st person and 3rd person). It's under "Action Library (Y)" > "Control" > "Switch OTS Camera Mode".

I also have the hotkey to switch OTS camera mode on the "C" key because third person is buggy and sometimes gets stuck (that's what is happening to you). When this happens I hit "C" 3 times and the camera view is reset.

Give it a try if you want ;)

I use "Over the shoulder" camera mode and get the best out of both worlds (1st person and 3rd person). It's under "Action Library (Y)" > "Control" > "Switch OTS Camera Mode".

I also have the hotkey to switch OTS camera mode on the "C" key because third person is buggy and sometimes gets stuck (that's what is happening to you). When this happens I hit "C" 3 times and the camera view is reset.

Give it a try if you want ;)

Thx for the tips I never noticed the ots mode. Im definitely switching to that.

There's also a thing lately (not sure if it's the same) where if I have to move to attack my selected mob, the vertical orientation of my camera is locked until my avatar is able to attack. I'm able to move the camera vertically again once he has auto moved to my selected target.

I haven't been trapped staring at the ground or a dead mob but I'm also rarely in first person when I'm playing. When this happens I'm able to swivel in a horizontal plane just not vertically. The best thing I've found to do is just wait the 1-5 seconds it usually takes. But since it's happening to me on move to target it's not really costing me any time.

My problem is a bug that autolocks on the dead mob and I have to move forward to target another mob. Drives me insane. Happens like crazy when i take an auto loot pill.

If there is loot lag (or mob disappearance lag) select next target will continue to target the dead mob and that's why your avatar continues to try to move towards it.

Back