Do you split your runs ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
By that I mean say you buy 1K of ammo and for whatever reason you have to quit and then come back later to finish the run. I have had awful luck doing that. I have done 3 or 4 times and I have taken a bigger loss on those runs than the ones I finish. I lose ped all the time on runs but never as much as I have when I don't finish.

I know that several of you do it all the time and always make money and I can almost name the names of the one that will say so:) I hope some others will also answer my question.

I try not to, but I did today - after already profiting TT wise from a global.. I was just too tired and bored to continue whipping atrox :whip:

But when I do log out and come back a day or two later - I seem to get a global almost instantly if I am still in the field :scratch:

By that I mean say you buy 1K of ammo and for whatever reason you have to quit and then come back later to finish the run. I have had awful luck doing that. I have done 3 or 4 times and I have taken a bigger loss on those runs than the ones I finish. I lose ped all the time on runs but never as much as I have when I don't finish.

I know that several of you do it all the time and always make money and I can almost name the names of the one that will say so:) I hope some others will also answer my question.

I did bring this up just last week which I have been noticing with Loot 2.0. About half way to 60% of ammo usage (yes yes, others will have to give the real numbers) I feel the loot justification to the lose kick in. With that I pointed out that it's not a good idea to over buy over carry to much ammo. This still really needs to be tested.

I asked then and still ask: For those who do see a big loose in their hunting, do they over buy ammo or carry way to much UA?

I try to complete my hunts for the pre planned length of time.

Unfortunately I have to stop for a few minutes at times, usually around 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the "distraction".

My normal runs are from about 1hr 30 mins to maybe 3 hrs each.

Have not noticed any great differences if I take the short break or I do a continuous run.

If my understanding is correct, Loot 2.0 has brought a.o. one significant paradigm change, that is taking your individual cost into calculation at every turn (i.e. kill). The result goes into loot quality, not quantity though. Before that, returns were solely based on what you did, not how you did it.

Checking into your inventory for carried ammo, deriving your intent from that and actually influencing returns based on the findings would go much, much further. How would they know what length of a run you had planned? Telling from your purchase behaviour this can only be a heuristic assumption. Even if it was possible to predict with any degree of accuracy (we tend to underestimate the power of modern data mining for the purpose of profiling), what justification would they have for even trying such a feat? Okay -- to make good on you within individual runs to reduce the number of complaints. This is... far out, to put it mildly. I've seen a lot of crazy theories, and if it wasn't verboten to add RL politics to the picture, I would have a few thoughts about what might inspire such thinking. But this is still "just a game".

Seriously, guys. Paranoid much?

I mentioned elsewhere that I suspect a tension-and-release kind of mechanism controlling the randomization and constraints of individual loot events. Try to see it from this angle, and a lot becomes plausible. Their income stream absolutely plays a role, deposits trickle down following the patterns of human everyday action. Watch daytimes w/ considering timezones, and weekdays when depos are more likely. This was so before the change and still is. It is an underlying factor of "loot waves" they cannot remove. Check whether your own pattern of doing longer/shorter runs is in phase with or anticyclic to the mainstream, and maybe you'll have your explanation.

It seems that time in the game is a factor, obviously, but in my experience that does not mean you are hunting all that time. Sometimes I look for items on the AU or go to the shops or whatever along with hunting and for me it seems to help my loot. Not every time ofc but it seems more often than not. I, like one other, seem to notice that later in a run say the last 15-20 percent I get better loot. Like in a 100 ped run the last 15-20 ped yield somewhat better amounts that during the rest of the run but not really better loot in terms of items but just more of the same loot I have been getting in but in greater quantities.

It seems that time in the game is a factor,

imho, absolute BS!

So, what you're implying is that people who spend all day hunting get better returns than people who have lives and have to log out every now and then.

Well, I'm the latter person and have many short runs where 15 minute runs are very common.
And for me it doesnt make any difference if I make long days or just short runs.

Sure, with short runs you can easily get 20% return runs, but just as easily 500% return runs. but all added up together they just even out.

I've had many runs where I globaled in the first 5 mobs and I also had many long runs where I didnt global at all.

It's just your superstition to think that spending 1x 8 hours would give better returns than 8x 1 hour.

*edit*

So as to answer your question, " Yes" I do split runs, no problem at all to do so.

But I do have another theory.

Do you loot better of worse with a full bladder?

because I have the feeling that with a full bladder my loot sucks way harder than when I just went to the toilet.

I think this is just emotional, because with a full bladder my patience is very thin, and without patience all loot is bad.
But yeah, maybe MA has a very smart algorithm that knows when I have a full bladder? :dunno:

Split runs sounds painful, like when forced to use that cheap t.p.

imho, absolute BS!

So, what you're implying is that people who spend all day hunting get better returns than people who have lives and have to log out every now and then.

Well, I'm the latter person and have many short runs where 15 minute runs are very common.
And for me it doesnt make any difference if I make long days or just short runs.

Sure, with short runs you can easily get 20% return runs, but just as easily 500% return runs. but all added up together they just even out.

I've had many runs where I globaled in the first 5 mobs and I also had many long runs where I didnt global at all.

It's just your superstition to think that spending 1x 8 hours would give better returns than 8x 1 hour.

*edit*

So as to answer your question, " Yes" I do split runs, no problem at all to do so.
Read my original post as it seems you hardly ever completely read them. I said nothing about all day and I said nothing about hunting the entire time and I also said that when I say things like this people like you would say its no problem.

Back