[Question] Regarding the Site; Why No SSL?

illutian

Hatchling
Society
Freelancer
Seriously, why isn't this site using encryption?

((I assume this is the correct sub-forum to ask this.))

Seriously, why isn't this site using encryption?

((I assume this is the correct sub-forum to ask this.))

I'm still relatively new, but I believe up until recently it was a community-provided and supported forum.

Now that it's owned by MA, I agree, it doesn't make any sense. But most things EU seem to be far behind the times that I've noticed.

Neither mindark.com nor entropiauniverse.com use certificates so at least it fits the style :)

However, EU's account area does. Why they only put it on a subdomain is beyond me. Unless they were being cheap and didn't want to pay the $29.88/yr for a multi-domain SSL

Any site with a login should be required to have SSL.
-- Hell, even I use an SSL cert and my site doesn't even do much. :p

...and, ffs, it's $9.00 PER YEAR.

NOTE: All prices are based on what Namecheap charges.

However, EU's account area does. Why they only put it on a subdomain is beyond me. Unless they were being cheap and didn't want to pay the $29.88/yr for a multi-domain SSL

Any site with a login should be required to have SSL.
-- Hell, even I use an SSL cert and my site doesn't even do much. :p

...and, ffs, it's $9.00 PER YEAR.

NOTE: All prices are based on what Namecheap charges.

I agree, I use SSL for anything on the web, regardless of whether it has accounts or sensitive data or otherwise.

Also, you can save that $9/yr and get a free cert from https://letsencrypt.org

I agree, I use SSL for anything on the web, regardless of whether it has accounts or sensitive data or otherwise.

Also, you can save that $9/yr and get a free cert from https://letsencrypt.org

Chances are this site is hosted on a Shared Hosting plan. So they wouldn't have root access.

And if this site is hosted by PortsGroup, then they aren't on the list on Lets Encrypt for documentation on how to implement the free SSL.

Back